Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

So far I think McDonalds has the weakest entry in the chicken sandwich game. Mine seemed small as well. I'm completely sated after a Popeye's (especially popeye's those suckers are huge)/Wendy's/Chick Fil A sandwhich but the McDonald's sandwich left me wanting. I didn't get fries though so maybe they're factoring that in.

That said it's a fried chicken sandwich: not bad, I enjoyed the spicy sauce and I'd get it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

i say swears online posted:

mcdonalds tweaks with their app way more than other places and they just cut their coupon eligibility to before midnight only lol

you haven't seen hell until you've tried to use the dunkin donuts app. gently caress that fuckign thing

Previa_fun posted:

So far I think McDonalds has the weakest entry in the chicken sandwich game.

I enjoyed the spicy sauce and I'd get it again.

agreed on both counts

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Had the spicy for the first time today

It was okay, better than the McChicken or Buttermilk sandwiches. Sauce is basically Mac sauce but with a shitton of cayenne added.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it just made me wish I went to popeyes

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cross-Section posted:

Had the spicy for the first time today

It was okay, better than the McChicken or Buttermilk sandwiches. Sauce is basically Mac sauce but with a shitton of cayenne added.

They actually used Habanero in this case.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

kirtar posted:

They actually used Habanero in this case.
Yeah I found it to be decent. I was surprised.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

an actual dog posted:

it just made me wish I went to popeyes

We have two Popeye's within driving distance of my house, and I've never seen them not packed after 11 AM.

I'd prefer them to everything, but that really is what kills it

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ninjoatse.cx posted:

We have two Popeye's within driving distance of my house, and I've never seen them not packed after 11 AM.

It gets to the point where they're so busy it seems like they're not waiting for the oil to come back up to proper temp :negative:

----------------

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It gets to the point where they're so busy it seems like they're not waiting for the oil to come back up to proper temp :negative:

They probably are, which is why they are the slowest of all of the fast food places I go to. The only exception is the taco bell which is always so understaffed. They probably lose so much money making food for people who leave the line after 40 minutes.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Reusing my group chat review. I'm not a huge fan of spice, but the Popeye's spicy chicken is top tier for me despite that.

quote:

Very little flavor to the chicken, and the thin layer of batter can barely be called spiced. More flavor than the non spicy Popeye's, but has the texture of an undercooked French fry. Not that it matters, since you'll be distracted by the atrocity of what they've done to the brioche bun. The belt based toaster they use on the normal buns produce a chewy seal on the inside of the bun that keeps the condiments from soaking in. The same is true for the brioche, except for when adding this to an already chewy bread, it produced a rind not unlike a circus peanut in texture. All this prevents the sauce from soaking into the bun, small solace that would have been. Instead, you get full strength "spicy" sauce, which might as well be the cheap buffalo sauce at a knock off wing bar on discount beer night. All heat, no flavor. I expect to lament my choice of eating this again in 12 to 24 hours. The capstone to this all is the pickle, they have replaced the iconic McDonald's pickle with something that may as well come the ancient jars that never sell from the gas station next door.

The "that's what she said" review: at least it was small and over quick.

There is one redeeming feature: It's served in a foil lined bag, much like the other, vastly superior sandwiches. Just large enough to handle it's inevitable return to the world if it doesn't agree with you on a road trip.
So yeah. Not a fan.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Had the spicy on the way home from camping. It was delicious but my lips were chapped to hell and boy did it burn em something fierce.

TCC: All this walkin', made me drunk!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
always remember to use lip balm after a Suck Fest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Not bad for a first attempt. They have time to get it right

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had the spicy sandy today it was pretty deece. standout player of the feast was of course the orange fanta. divine poo poo bro

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I want actual chicken sandys. I demand crispy dunes & beaches with 11 secret herbs & spices as the coast to a baked bean sea

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I got the spice one and it is less good than the wendys spicy chicken. and it's $4 for the mcdolans or 2 for $5 for the wendys

it wasn't bad, but when i was done i wished i had gone to wendys or gotten a mcdouble and spicy mcchicken instead

i think it is less good than the "classic chicken" $3 sandwich that they had 2 years ago (which was a new item and in no way classic)

ronald the clown has a chicken sambich identity problem he should go to a fast food therapist

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Just got a deluxe that was apparently made to order and it was pretty drat good, much better than the regular

Dunno if I’d wait 7 minutes to get it again tho

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
I've tried these twice now, much like I did with the McRib months back for the return.

Both were extremely disappointing.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Burger King one is seriously much, much better than the McDonald's one. I'm not sure this is even an improvement over the Buttermilk Chicken it replaced.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like I"m being trolled, the McDonalds one is average at best but the Burger King one is not edible. Like legit throw in the trash bad.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Rick posted:

I feel like I"m being trolled, the McDonalds one is average at best but the Burger King one is not edible. Like legit throw in the trash bad.

Is the "meat" somewhat rubbery like McDonald's version?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You must have a lovely BK. I have two near me and the crispy chicken at both of them is good.

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

You must have a lovely BK. I have two near me and the crispy chicken at both of them is good.

So unbeknownst to me until just now BK apparently changed the last rendition of the crispy sandwich line to a “hand-breaded” style a lá Popeyes. I got the spicy one and it was pretty good. Very crispy even though the spicy is in the form of a glaze rather than in the batter itself. Way better than McD’s and not rubbery at all.

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ianskate posted:

Is the "meat" somewhat rubbery like McDonald's version?

There is very little meat at BK. It is a burnt breading sandwich.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

It's aight. The spicy sauce is a dribbler.

I rather get a Hot'n Spicy from the dollar menu instead tho.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Rick posted:

There is very little meat at BK. It is a burnt breading sandwich.

I suppose that could go both ways in terms of enjoyment. I actually don't hate their nuggets, or didn't last time I remember having them. The spicy version wasn't half bad either.

However, they're really only sauce delivery systems, so ultimately it would be like a breaded sauce sandwich for better or worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Just had the Hardee's version, which changed from the Big Chicken.

Pretty good, it had a nice spice flavor, but the chicken was smaller than the old Big Chicken and IMO smaller than the McD's and CFA. Popeyes is still the biggest, but Wendy's holds its own.