Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results

SpaceAceJase posted:

You sound like a goddamn dork, Jeffrey. Thanks for saving for forums though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

You sounded like you gently caress, jeffrey

Thanks bud

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jeffery you were fine and I think you did a good job of making the point that the site isn't all about mocking others anymore, but I have no idea why any of those people are hosting a podcast about internet history. They didn't seem to have any knowledge about the old internet beyond "Myspace was a thing, then Facebook". Not that I expected them to do deep research on the site, but they just didn't come across as very internet-savvy in general.

Also LOL at "Jeffrey of Yas-Pas".

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nice job, this was legit a good listen

I work in the podcast industry, I don’t even listen to podcasts, but I listened to this one and it was not terrible

SA needs its own podcast that I wouldn’t listen to

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Podcast Your Favorites

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I now know how to pronounce YOSPOS, but I will never be able to post there.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Should've plugged monster trucks more.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Jeffrey managed to he interviewed on a show called "2 Girls 1 Podcast" without once asking the two "girls" whether they throw up and poo poo into each other's mouths and assholes.

Now that's a loving gent.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Jeffrey is a real person? This is disappointing.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I now know how to pronounce YOSPOS, but I will never be able to post there.

Gif

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my voice to face technology says jeffrey maintains some stubble but no beard

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pro click.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Still waiting on my $100 stimulus package, Jeffrey.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Mordja posted:

Still waiting on my $100 stimulus package, Jeffrey.

Stimulate my package, Jeffrey!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
You should have just read out the famous post about the death slide for kids and the Paris catacombs.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

ClothHat posted:

Yeah I liked the part when one of the hosts made a joke that he was the guy from the story Jeffrey was telling, which was something that could get you banned on here for being a lame overused catchphrase around 10-15 years ago.

Turn on your radio :D :D :D

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Torquemada posted:

You should have just read out the famous post about the death slide for kids and the Paris catacombs.

Link pls.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I don't really listen to podcasts but I checked it out and it was good and you did good.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551376&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=5#post416107388

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I fuckin' hate interview podcasts, but I'll listen to this one and just smoke more weed if the hosts irritate me too much.

edit: These people are not even remotely qualified to do a podcast about Internet atrocity tourism. I want to force these people to listen to like 10 hours of Lou Reads the Internet.

Twitch fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 3, 2021

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
jeffrey from yospos from 2 girls 1 podcast!!!

i won't listen but thantks for buying the forums

edit: nvm ill listen, ty

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Did you get consulted for this book:

https://twitter.com/DaleBeran/status/1156232731061305345?s=19

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zeta Acosta posted:

you have a soothing voice and not sound like a loving screeching idiot like lowtax

Agreeing with this. It was a good interview, though could have gone more in depth.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, these people are okay, just a few degrees too mainstream comedy for my tastes. Jeffrey did good work.

One correction: The guy spearheading swap.avi was absolutely not joking. He just wanted to watch women poo poo in each others' assholes. I bought a CD from him because I thought it was funny at the time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The author of this book posted in GBS once and I made fun of him and he left. :rip: He said some real dumb poo poo like "well the publisher was attached to that name" without knowing poo poo about this place.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If I remember right, he posted on the first few pages of an ~50pg thread, so everybody assumed he had left completely after being endlessly ridiculed, but then he posted on like the second to last page pf the thread being like “yea well whatever you guys” and it was even more hilarious/sad

E. The author of that dumb SA book

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lol drat I vaguely remember that. Someone pull it back from the archives

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jeffrey myself and probably millions of listeners are all asking the same question: Why wasn't your interview simply you reading all 50 bazillion of my poo poo posts verbatim for as long as it took to do so, without any context?
The internet has needs. Emotional and physical, that can only be met with my posts. Thank you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

At the very least, you could have regaled them with simply my posts from the infamously classic "Doug" thread that's currently all the rage here in 'GBS' as we call it. If that alone doesn't get peals of laughter nothing will. It's a shame that you missed this wondrous opportunity to bring such joy to the people, but I still have faith in you. You won't let everyone down again, I just know it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
A podcast! ? A segment about SA?! How many 10bux you getting outta dis

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Jeff sue that author so you can go on that legal podcast 2 motions 1 CUP agreement

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pissed me off bad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that we'll be losing your patronage.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

I'm sorry to hear that we'll be losing your patronage.

I started crying really bad

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

manero posted:

I work in the podcast industry

So actually though how do podcasts make money, cos all the podcasts I listen to the ads are entirely for other podcasts. Is this just cos I'm getting served non-commercial ads cos I live in a backwater country where we can't actually buy smartbeds or whatever (NZ)?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

All time great post. Def one of the best in forums history.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Nice job etc etc, what surprised me was your straight up "That Vice article was bullshit and you should feel bad for thinking it had anything to do with reality". It was clear they didn't actually know anything about the Old Internet other than webforums were A Thing and seemed genuinely shocked when you had to tell them the Vice article was totally detached from reality. Also I wish you could have gotten more indepth about what actually happened with FYAD because it DID seem like they had heard/read about that and it would have been nice to set the record straight about it.

Otherwise, nice effort, awesome to hear from the Owner about stuff and it was good driving-around material!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Kerro posted:

So actually though how do podcasts make money, cos all the podcasts I listen to the ads are entirely for other podcasts. Is this just cos I'm getting served non-commercial ads cos I live in a backwater country where we can't actually buy smartbeds or whatever (NZ)?

Advertising on air I assume

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
lowtax had the right idea trying to cross platform to twitter and youtube, it's just his 90's humor didn't translate well at all in my opinion.

i'd subcribe to a sa podcast, there is content galore and and easy starting base that would listen in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
An SA podcast with episodes about the forums history would be cool.