Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Who remembers when Quiznos was the obviously superior chain that would kill Subway?

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

sean10mm posted:

Who remembers when Quiznos was the obviously superior chain that would kill Subway?

WE LOVE THE SUBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPTZWhz46M

oops sorry this is the pizza thread

Devonaut fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 20, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sean10mm posted:

i liked it for sure

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I remember when Subway got the ovens (air fryers basically) for the first time to compete with Quizno's that actually had good ovens. I never get subway subs toasted because they suck anyway and I don't want them crispy and bad.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I remember when Subway got the ovens (air fryers basically) for the first time to compete with Quizno's that actually had good ovens. I never get subway subs toasted because they suck anyway and I don't want them crispy and bad.

Getting them toasted is the only saving grace in my opinion. It kills some of the bacteria and other cooties.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

*phone rings*

"Thank you for calling Idiot Craig's Pizza and poo poo, carryout or delivery?"

"WHATER Y'ALL SPECIALS?"

Imagine calling a pizza place in 2021. No I can't give you the online promo, it's ONLINE.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chief McHeath posted:

*phone rings*

"Thank you for calling Idiot Craig's Pizza and poo poo, carryout or delivery?"

"WHATER Y'ALL SPECIALS?"

Imagine calling a pizza place in 2021. No I can't give you the online promo, it's ONLINE.

it's me, a caveman, as i use a voice call to order pizza instead of the immortal and pitiless Pizza Tracker.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The place that I order here from most doesn't have online ordering.

Oh, I just checked their website right now and it says "New Website Coming Soon." I wonder if they'll catch up with the last 10+ years. Their previous one looked like it was from the early 2000s, which it probably was.

----------------

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The place that I order here from most doesn't have online ordering.

Oh, I just checked their website right now and it says "New Website Coming Soon." I wonder if they'll catch up with the last 10+ years. Their previous one looked like it was from the early 2000s, which it probably was.

one of the places by me just links to grubhub when I try to order online it works p well

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

yikes! posted:

one of the places by me just links to grubhub when I try to order online it works p well

is this intentional? grubhub has been known to register domains with the name of the restaurant to silently redirect them to the 50% commission bullshit "ordering system" that the restaurant never signed up for

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

is this intentional? grubhub has been known to register domains with the name of the restaurant to silently redirect them to the 50% commission bullshit "ordering system" that the restaurant never signed up for

I don't know. I assumed it was a real website but idk how to find out

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

yikes! posted:

I don't know. I assumed it was a real website but idk how to find out

call the restaurant using a number you find on their fb page or something like that (not the grubhub page). ask them if they partner with grubhub (or others). if yes, then keep using it. if no, do not, because they are getting hosed

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Turns out it was fake so good call friends

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

yikes! posted:

Turns out it was fake so good call friends

another TCC success story

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i think its absurd that '''tech disrupting''' delivery ''startups'' attempt to out-SEO small independent shops, register domains that feed into their commission system, attempt to change phone numbers listed on yelp and google to redirect to their recorded pay-per-call commission system that then proxies the call to the restaurant, like what the gently caress

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Biowarfare posted:

i think its absurd that '''tech disrupting''' delivery ''startups'' attempt to out-SEO small independent shops, register domains that feed into their commission system, attempt to change phone numbers listed on yelp and google to redirect to their recorded pay-per-call commission system that then proxies the call to the restaurant, like what the gently caress

:d2a: :capitalism:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Biowarfare posted:

these growth hacks are innovative and profitable, hippie. get with the program

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the little grocer's in the village has takeout pizza, and they actually make it themselves. its not great but its decent and only a couple minutes away

edit: by which i mean they make it from scratch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bump

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's still Domino's for the chains.

I really wish they had a stuffed crust though.

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
papa johns's stuffed crust is real good :grin:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

its good for sure but also racist?????????? hmmm ..... how does this impact the flavor profile? complicated topic. requires more "research"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got papa john's stuffed crust maybe 2 months ago and it was gross. Their sauce is way too sweet.

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The only thing you should ever order from Papa John's is their garlic sauce. I don't know what it is about theirs, but it hits different than any other places garlic.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Aardvark! posted:

It’s an uncontrolled greasy mess that sogs your pizza up. The cheese is also not a great compliment to their crust type.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Virigoth posted:

It’s an uncontrolled greasy mess that sogs your pizza up. The cheese is also not a great compliment to their crust type.

WRONG

maybe u need to learn the basics of ordering a pizza well done. stupid rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

sean10mm posted:

quiznos was so loving good and i will never forgive them for having bullshit dumbass business practices that led them to overextend and summarily cause the mass closure of every quiznos in the area

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Yeah Quiznos freakin ruled.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
looking into it and at its height Quizno's had around 5000 locations, now there are around 300. you have to work hard to crater a company like that, i'm impressed.

----------------

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Aardvark! posted:

WRONG

maybe u need to learn the basics of ordering a pizza well done. stupid rear end

Well done is even worse in this scenario! It’s like overcooking your mozzarella cheese sticks and them bursting everywhere.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I used to eat papa johns all the time in college. I loved it! Probably at least 2x/month. I could always count on a quality pizza from them.. Then I graduated and moved on and 20 years passed.

Some time a couple years back I thought hey I'll get a papa johns, it's been decades, I wonder if it's still good?

It tasted exactly as I remembered. 100%. But this time I hated it!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pizza hut's toppings leave something to be desired, the sauce is a bit boring but their crust is the tastiest (not even deep dish or stuffed, just the plain Jane)

----------------

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

looking into it and at its height Quizno's had around 5000 locations, now there are around 300. you have to work hard to crater a company like that, i'm impressed.

Pulling a Krispy Kreme

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Got some dominos today, hadn’t done that in a while. The easy online ordering is the best part, when I’m depressed it’s nice to just hit a few buttons and get some cheap delivery for no effort. The wings aren’t great but the boneless chicken options are weirdly good— like not even “good for cheap delivery”, they’re legit delicious. The crust on the pizza kicks rear end too, it’s all nice and garlicky.

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Got some dominos today, hadn’t done that in a while. The easy online ordering is the best part, when I’m depressed it’s nice to just hit a few buttons and get some cheap delivery for no effort. The wings aren’t great but the boneless chicken options are weirdly good— like not even “good for cheap delivery”, they’re legit delicious. The crust on the pizza kicks rear end too, it’s all nice and garlicky.

The pan pizzas are great too when cooked right. Fluffy and delicious. The last few I had were only half risen though and had a strip of uncooked dough down the middle. Put me off from ordering them.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gotta ALWAYS order well done at Dominos for pan pizza :cmon:

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

absolutely

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SilvergunSuperman posted:

oughta be the default dang it.

----------------

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

uber_stoat posted:

oughta be the default dang it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Hi I'm your delivery man, Dell Sivery.