Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Farrrrrrrrrrt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It am a terrible, unfunny poster, but I still keeps postin. :justpost: OP

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Unknownone bought me this account as I am a cheap bastard.

I fear having my ass completely handed to me.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

op will never be a true poster because he doesn't have the poster mindset. you prey on others with no regard for who is trying to prey on you :justpost: and let god sort em out

This is sound advice, although disguised a little bit to hide the true intelligence behind the poster. I predict you have an actual smart persona, but tend to hide or disguise it when posting on here to better "fit in" and "adapt" to the environment. Good advice, nonetheless.

Grumblepuff posted:

I was like you, kid. Then I glombed onto the Trump thread. Started with quoting and making quick replies. Moved up to being assistant VP of the 1,000 page thread.

Look at this horrible thing I made:

It's terrible! But if one person guffaws at it, it was worth the 53 hours of work to make it!

So advice #1: Make good use of your time! Like me!

Advice #2: When Meme Poker Party starts posting anime stuff, you may wanna right click-save as, because some of that stuff really "rolls my coal" if you know what I mean *suggestive grin*

it gets me excited and I cough up black tar

Advice #3: Camber your legs for maximum posting traction. So you should be posting like this:

Good luck!

Wow, this was grade A advice. Thank you for telling me all this. I will take it in stride.

Saalkin posted:

Post harder, faster, stronger, better.

But I'm only human. Will you hold my hand throughout it all?

Chief McHeath posted:

op is a freakin nerd

Oh yeah? Well... I'm a platinum user and you're not,.. so nyah nyah ny-nyah!

Chief McHeath posted:

i mean really, what a weasely dweeb lmao go fuckin crunch on some croutons idiot

Ahhh, yesss... now THIS is the sort of pile on I deserve. Yes, I'm unworthy, I'm lower than poo poo itself. I deserve crusty croutons... give me more. TEACH ME TO BECOME LIKE YOU.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SAN posted:

Yes sir,..because telling everyone about their small wee wee is the epitome of intelligent posts.

that's what i'm saying, it's not hard to be better than that

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
SAN do you like video games

this is a very important question that goons will judge you over. the ramifications of the answers you give will shape the rest of this thread.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

If you post your dinner in the lunch thread I'll be very upset. <:mad:>

By the way... THIS post has become THE FUNNIEST, BEST POST in this thread (by my opinion), so far... topping the previous "best" post, found here:

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

If you look through any of the threads where goons post pictures of themselves it will cure you of any intimidation hth!

===

its all nice on rice posted:

It am a terrible, unfunny poster, but I still keeps postin. :justpost: OP

Gotcha. Thanks.

bradzilla posted:

Farrrrrrrrrrt

Does this mean I get a "1" vote from you?

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

The Grimace posted:

SAN do you like video games

this is a very important question that goons will judge you over. the ramifications of the answers you give will shape the rest of this thread.

Well, I hope this is the "right" answer, but if it's not, I'm outta luck, because I can't deny it: I loving LOVE video games. I play them constantly. I'm waiting eagerly for FAR CRY 6 to finally come out, curses that it was delayed. I'm in the middle of the ACE ATTORNEY series, and have played, in the last month: Superhot, Lord of the Rings: Shadow of War, all of the Lego games, Far Cry 5 (replay), Hitman (the newest one, reboot), Arkham Knight, and currently replaying Bioshock Infinite. which, IMO is the best game ever made.... although Batman: Arkham City is a close second.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
16 years ago everything was an effort-post with every sentence seemingly having to be crafted for maximum wacky hilarity. You could be banned for random reasons. For instance if you made this thread back then you could have been banned to everyone's roaring laughter.

It's a much more chill and cool place to be now. :justpost: but stay away from the politics forums.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

So...uh...this is probably a really noob, nerd, stupid thing to do,....but....

....does everyone mind if I "friend/buddy" you all in here? As in, add you to my "buddy" list on here? Some of you have really offered some fine advice and it would make me feel better if I could just stand closer to you for awhile, may we be buddies?

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Hey OP I didn't read most of the thread, but you said you're a writer so you should come join Thunderdome. You can win a free avatar! :toot:

curlingiron fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 27, 2021

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

SAN posted:

Well, I hope this is the "right" answer, but if it's not, I'm outta luck, because I can't deny it: I loving LOVE video games. I play them constantly. I'm waiting eagerly for FAR CRY 6 to finally come out, curses that it was delayed. I'm in the middle of the ACE ATTORNEY series, and have played, in the last month: Superhot, Lord of the Rings: Shadow of War, all of the Lego games, Far Cry 5 (replay), Hitman (the newest one, reboot), Arkham Knight, and currently replaying Bioshock Infinite. which, IMO is the best game ever made.... although Batman: Arkham City is a close second.

good. good. you have passed with flying colors. it is good to like things!!

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

curlingiron posted:

Hey OP I didn't read most of the thread, but you said you're a writer so you should come join Thunderdome. You can win a free avatar! :toot:

I followed the link, but it says "You need permission. This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization."

The Grimace posted:

good. good. you have passed with flying colors. it is good to like things!!

Wheew... I was worried there for a sec!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 27, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
here's an advanced technique op:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
cum

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cum again? :pervert:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

cum

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

In my pants?

Or.... take them off first?

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Oh dear, now Bad Purchase is gonna press me on that statement, showing the post where I said I don't wear pants earlier.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

you played yourself. I'm sorry.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

SAN posted:

I've been a member here for about 16 years now. My last post was five years ago.
I rarely post, however.... I try to follow the old adage of LURK MOAR. I prefer to remain in the darkness, behind the curtain,... like some creepy, pervy voyeur...watching all that goes on here but rarely participating.

The reason for this is simple, though... I fear having my rear end completely handed to me. You all are an extremely frightening bunch. You're masters of insults, kings of laying waste to someone's topics, professionals in newbie bashing.... it's all quite traumatic.
So I stay away. Even though I know a lot of the history, and I know the types of personalities here, and yes, even though I am protected with stairs in my house (is that even still a thing?), I know the rules.... I was told to ask myself "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?". I figured, well, yes...perhaps this may be interesting to a few, but a lot of you all appear to be harsh judges.....I fear for my sensitive, emotional feelings. That if I make ANY new post or topic, extreme hellfire will rain down on me in the form of words and becoming the forum's plaything at least until the mods decide it's been played with as a toy enough to finally be put out of its misery and move it to the Toxic Waste Dump. In fact, this is probably where you're reading this thread right now.

How can I change? How can I become a member of that inner group? How can I be accepted? What does it take to become a goon and admired, accepted, and maybe even LIKED among other fellow goons? I mean, I've read the rules... I've lurked tons (16 years)..... I've only made 18 posts (now 19 with this topic) in that time..... If anyone is a lurker, it's me, trust me.
And yet, I still have no idea how to be a goon or what it takes to become one. Teach me! I'm a willing student. I want to become one. I'm willing to go through any initiation you might have. You want I should be a pledge, of sorts?

Teach me the goon ways. Tell me the goon secrets.

Does anything involve a live chicken?

are you sure you didnt mean to post this in fyad?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Op, now that you have your posting engine going, I'd like to recommend you head over to the 1000 page thread. Very good thread for grinding out the first few posting levels. Soon enough you'll be high enough to select your posting class (I recommend shitposter obviously)

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

shitposter is kind of top tier, right? we can't all start off being shitposters so fast. I mean that's the ideal, but sometimes you have to ease your way into it.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

Op, now that you have your posting engine going, I'd like to recommend you head over to the 1000 page thread. Very good thread for grinding out the first few posting levels. Soon enough you'll be high enough to select your posting class (I recommend shitposter obviously)

Thanks! That's useful advice to know. I'm not usually keen on posting just for the sake of posting, though, but I'm intrigued by the posting level system you're talking about. Levels come with post count? And eventually you get to pick your own title? Huh. That's interesting. I agree, though, that "shitposter" would apply best, heh.

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

The Grimace posted:

shitposter is kind of top tier, right? we can't all start off being shitposters so fast. I mean that's the ideal, but sometimes you have to ease your way into it.

Good point, one needs to EASE into the poo poo... they can't just apply it to themselves right away. The poo poo needs to be eased, dammit... slowly.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

OP the secret is to just start shitposting, quoting people, get a few probes under ur belt then you'll be fine. Gotta break some eggs to bake a cake or whatever

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

You can easily get ur first probe by posting without having a pic in ur post in the cursed image thread. Also sometimes quoting a funny picture and asking for a mod to probe u and use it as the excuse works as well

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Aardvark! posted:

Gonna have to go bump the thread with some tasteful art so OP can find it!!!

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

What the hell is this "probe" stuff? This is the second mention of it I've seen.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SAN posted:

What the hell is this "probe" stuff? This is the second mention of it I've seen.

It's an anal thing OP

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

SAN posted:

This post is asking for it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SAN posted:

it standards for proberty, the time in every poster's life when their bodies begin changing and they post something really stupid

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

SAN posted:

Yep, you hit "quote" and get taken to the reply box.. then you scroll down (into the replies that are previewed in reverse order) and on EACH of them is a "add quote" button. Press it and it automatically puts it into your reply.
As for the rest of your advice, thank ya.. I certainly do have money to waste, so what better place than this (provided I'm not banned in the next 24 hours).

well. what the poo poo. Thanks, friend. I went with the stone age method of quoting multiple people in different tabs, and then copying and pasting. poo poo.

i need to lurk moar

<--- white noise poster

Not yet a poo poo poster. You've seen it, but that first gold highlight that you got quoted is like meth mixed with heroin and cigarette butts

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 26, 2021

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i just took a poo poo and it actually smelled like delicious food op please advise

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

blight rhino posted:

well. what the poo poo. Thanks, friend. I went with the stone age method of quoting multiple people in different tabs, and then copying and pasting. poo poo.

i need to lurk moar

I know about that feature but I do the new tab thing still anyway. Fight the power.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

SAN posted:

MODS

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

SAN posted:

I was a moderator on another board for seven or so years

So why'd they kick you out of Straight Dope Message Board?

I'm gonna guess it was because of your posting.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

SAN posted:

Lol this post was already reported.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Aardvark! posted:

I know about that feature but I do the new tab thing still anyway. Fight the power.

OP learn how to post reaction GIFs ... without having to look it up like every single time.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Okay you

said you were 41 by the way that would be if I had to guess the exact average age of goon.

The average I think you're a guy the average guy here is bi or gay, familiar with modern technology, and has a lot of time on their hands.

Post of any type in GBS are welcome at this point. I don't know though I get away with murder
Nice to meet you though

Comic SANs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SAN
Jan 23, 2004

Junk posted:

i just took a poo poo and it actually smelled like delicious food op please advise

I'd go ahead and try chowing down, what could it hurt? As long as it smells good, it must taste good!

blight rhino posted:

i need to lurk moar

<--- white noise poster

Not yet a poo poo poster. You've seen it, but that first gold highlight that you got quoted is like meth mixed with heroin and cigarette butts

Sure thing, it's a bit of a hard to find feature, in my opinion. I was doing what you're doing, too...at first. Doing the copy and paste tab thing.

You also said....

blight rhino posted:

OP learn how to post reaction GIFs ... without having to look it up like every single time.

But that requires an extra "click"! It's too bad images aren't turned on on this forum, although I already know why they aren't... it would be abused like hell. Dick pics in every topic. Not that that's a bad thing.
But okay... I asked for help, and you're giving good advice, so I'll try my best.

Xaintrailles posted:

So why'd they kick you out of Straight Dope Message Board?

I'm gonna guess it was because of your posting.

They didn't, I left because I just got too busy with life. Life was busy then. I'm more of a "no lifer" now.
You know about the SDMB? I have no doubt some people here are also members there, but I wouldn't know who was who.

Aardvark! posted:

I did this...............for about one hour. Today, in this thread. And then I discovered the "add quote" feature and my life was never the same, mane.

You also advised....

Aardvark! posted:

it standards for proberty, the time in every poster's life when their bodies begin changing and they post something really stupid

Some people on here seem to be going through it constantly, if the main page is any proof.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

It's an anal thing OP

Will it hurt?!?

Spinz posted:

Okay you

said you were 41 by the way that would be if I had to guess the exact average age of goon.

The average I think you're a guy the average guy here is bi or gay, familiar with modern technology, and has a lot of time on their hands.

Post of any type in GBS are welcome at this point. I don't know though I get away with murder
Nice to meet you though

Comic SANs

Nice.. you saw that post of mine in the other thread, eh?
That all fits me except the bi or gay part, but I can act like nobodies business!
Thank you for the welcome... I'd say you were now, offically... my 5th favorite poster.