Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tato posted:

I like BK but in my city they never seem to be in any convenient part of town. They're never in the same area as all the other fast food and restaurants, they're a few miles down the road, across the train tracks, and hidden behind a dirty Office Max or something.

this is my problem rn. i have 3 of each mcdonalds, wendys, taco bell between my apartment and the nearest burger king. i'd eat there as often as wendys if it wasnt 20 minutes away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah that’s a thing with BK. They seem to gravitate toward those areas. All the ones in my area are right off highway exits and have bus parking, while the McDonalds and Wendy’s are in the center of town.

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The only reason I go to BK at all recently is because it's across the road from my job. Even with a lovely line of 3-5 cars I still have 20+ minutes of break to eat in my car, bypassing the 1 person in the breakroom COVID rule and letting someone else sit down to eat their lunch instead of standing in the stock room while I hog the break room table since I got there first. My good Samaratanism will probably run out once it's summer and too hot outside.

The 2x whopper jr and 2x small fry coupon is quite nice. i never finish the fries, that's too much food if you are expected to move after lunch break. i wish 2x whopper jr was like a regular menu item though, i like that a lot better than the foul $1 bacon cheeburger that has too many toppings and just tastes like bread and mustard and ketchup and salt. its bad and anyone that likes it is wrong.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

BK bad location talk:

I believe I read in an article linked to in these very sub forums, but BK is supposed to be one of the cheapest fast food franchises to open along side Subway. Not unbelievable that they would also go for the cheaper real estate locations while they are at it while trying to get off the ground, because it is still a lot of money.

Living in a big city, there's 1 within a mile of me and 4 more in different directions ~3 miles away, so I guess my idea does not apply in that case, they are just wherever.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We got BK (that's what I call 'Burger King' fyi) and for some reason the app didn't register my wife's chicken sandwich so we had to go through again for a 2nd order. Ok, that's probably our fault. I can deal with that. NP.
But still, didn't exactly 'set the mood' if you know what I mean...

Then we got home and despite CLEARLY being listed on the receipt, they...they did not...I struggle to even write this. They did NOT include my Regular Sized Onion Rings and frankly I'm not sure if I can carry on like this.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

I didn't use to like BK until I discovered their 99c double cheeseburger (now 1.99). They are unusually good for fast food value menu items.

Also, BK has the best breakfast in the industry, fight me over it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Does a regular whopper w/cheese extra onion extra pickle count as breakfast because if not no they don't and I will meet you after school if you keep spreading these filthy lies

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Improper Umlaut posted:

Uh, Breakfast Crunchwrap my dude

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Improper Umlaut posted:

not even close

Big Beef City posted:

Then we got home and despite CLEARLY being listed on the receipt, they...they did not...I struggle to even write this. They did NOT include my Regular Sized Onion Rings and frankly I'm not sure if I can carry on like this.

lol at having to go around again and not busting into the 'rings while you wait

----------------

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BK’s app is such trash. I’m pretty sure it was produced by the same team that created social media phenomenon FRANK!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
bring back the loving chicken parm mr. burger king you cheap old gently caress

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

barnold posted:

:hai:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My local burger king loving sucks and mini derps knows it as the place that "always fucks up daddies order" and thus we only get Buffalo Wild Wings (who constantly forgets our fries in bundle orders so I have gotten 3-4 free BWW orders based on that) or McDonalds. Mcdonalds is on the snide though because they never give her the toy we request so I guess we are a BDUBS family now.

----------------

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

The BK croissantwich breakfast sandwiches are an exquisite dance of light, fluffy pastry and heart-stopping ball of grease, perfectly blended in precisely the right proportions and paired with hashbrown nuggets and coffee.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Uh, Breakfast Crunchwrap my dude

Never had one, is this a Taco Bell thing?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Derpies posted:

My local burger king loving sucks and mini derps knows it as the place that "always fucks up daddies order" and thus we only get Buffalo Wild Wings (who constantly forgets our fries in bundle orders so I have gotten 3-4 free BWW orders based on that) or McDonalds. Mcdonalds is on the snide though because they never give her the toy we request so I guess we are a BDUBS family now.

is this what you mean when you're talking rear end all the time??

I pissed all over myself at a BWW during like, family lunch rush cause I was drunk and had my phone out at the urinal, and I was trapped in the bathroom for like 20 minutes trying to blot it out enough with toilet paper to leave with minimal shame. so this is my BWW association now.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The one thing that really makes BK worth it is the coupons. They have this one that gets refreshed every month which is like six burgers, two fries and two drinks for ten dollars. That's just too good to pass up. Food is alright, would put it in the middle of the pack for fast food quality, but at that price it's top tier.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I find that BK can vary WILDLY from area to area, even over surprisingly small distances. Years ago I lived in and around Northern VA, growing up in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area. The BKs around there are abysmal, just truly awful, and turned me off the place for over a decade. We're talking whoppers with half rotten lettuce, just all slimy and wilty, and drowned in mayo (there was always mayo, even if you said no mayo, and no mayo was on the receipt, there will be mayo).

Fast forward to maybe 8 years ago and my wife and I moved to Richmond VA. We were finishing up moving into our new town house and my wife hit me with "I'm hungry, can we go to Burger King? There's one just up the road". Now I wanted nothing to do with it, but I love my wife to death and live for her happiness, so we went.

She got a double whopper meal, and I just got a Coke since I was going to eat some leftovers instead. When she got her meal I was blown away. She unwrapped that son of a bitch and I swear to you it looked just as good as it does in the advertisements. Fresh, crispy lettuce, bright red tomatoes with those little glistening droplets of dew, and amazingly not drowning in mayo!

So seeing this I get one for myself, and yeah, it was fantastic. Not mind shattering, it's still BK, but definitely top tier fast food burg. Since then BK has been my go to fast food burg of choice, but only in RVA. Go 20 miles north and everything falls apart.

Somewhat unrelated, but the little bacon double cheeseburger from the value menu is my favorite item there. The ratio of toppings/bun to meat hits a sweet spot that the whopper just doesn't. That's not to say that I don't get nasty and ruin myself with a Big Bacon King from time to time.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i like to get a frozen coke

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Twenty Four posted:

BK bad location talk:

I believe I read in an article linked to in these very sub forums, but BK is supposed to be one of the cheapest fast food franchises to open along side Subway. Not unbelievable that they would also go for the cheaper real estate locations while they are at it while trying to get off the ground, because it is still a lot of money.

Living in a big city, there's 1 within a mile of me and 4 more in different directions ~3 miles away, so I guess my idea does not apply in that case, they are just wherever.

That explains a lot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Unfortunately every BK in my city is bad. It is hard to screw a whopper up so that's usually safe to everything else you are taking your life into your hands.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

barnold posted:

I think they should bring back the original Hootie-fronted tendercrisp bacon cheddar ranch. They came out with a reissue years ago but it was not as good. Like the successors of Wendy's Monterey Ranch Chicken Sandwich they're just lacking something. Probably care.

https://youtu.be/C02M0bd53AM

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

AvesPKS posted:

I think they should bring back the original Hootie-fronted tendercrisp bacon cheddar ranch. They came out with a reissue years ago but it was not as good. Like the successors of Wendy's Monterey Ranch Chicken Sandwich they're just lacking something. Probably care.

https://youtu.be/C02M0bd53AM

That commercial is a deep part of my childhood and the new sandwich isn't even as good as the tendercrisp. What the hell

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
went to borger king today. my dearly beloved Bacon And Cheese Crispy Chicken sandwich is no longer on the combo menu, replaced by the coward impersonator deluxe ripoff popeye's sandwich. just plain gutted. i got a whopper instead and it did not fill this empty hole in my heart

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i burged out today and got a double whoper at the burger king. no fries. then i drove to a secret parking spot at a nearby parking lot where it buts up against some trees and is shady and a v. relaxing place to chow down. they did a good job on the burger, v. satisfying.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i burged out today and got a double whoper at the burger king. no fries. then i drove to a secret parking spot at a nearby parking lot where it buts up against some trees and is shady and a v. relaxing place to chow down. they did a good job on the burger, v. satisfying.

sounds beautiful. im happy for you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I also had a whopper today and it was very good

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

few days ago i got a whoper and small fry. don't know why everyone always bags on the bk fries, i found them delicious

I like them when they're fresh but that seems the least likely from any fast food in my experience

----------------

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I have never had a whopper disappoint, but it sure sounds like it just comes down to whether the ones around you suck or not

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

I'm due for my two double-cheeseburger fix. Maybe I'll hit that tommorow.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

BK app bad

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Real talk. You can't even look at the breakfast menu during non-breakfast hours! I want to figure out what's lookin good for tomorrow, tonight! gently caress you BK!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chief McHeath posted:

Real talk. You can't even look at the breakfast menu during non-breakfast hours! I want to figure out what's lookin good for tomorrow, tonight! gently caress you BK!

Actually, after opening it, I guess it does now, but how the gently caress is a "Pancake Platter" just three pancakes? The pancakes are on a platter with butter and syrup I guess, but when I think platter I'm thinking Big Breakfast with Hotcakes. A platter should have just a load of food on it, not three pancakes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WEH posted:

I have never had a whopper disappoint, but it sure sounds like it just comes down to whether the ones around you suck or not

Usually even a bad BK can do a Whopper. Bad whopper experiences for me was in the Hawaiian airport and at the BK in Benson AZ. Both places of desolation.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
For at least 2 years there was a coupon on the app for BOGO veggie burgs (at least here in :canada:), but then they came out with that impossible whopper which isn't my bag and the coupon I used more than I care to admit disappeared, booooo.

That being said, the two locations I go to make me fresh fries every time since I have to wait for my burg to be cooked anyways which is nice. :buddy:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Burger King should really lean in to the medieval thing and make their cashiers talk like theyre at a Ren faire. Whoppers, m'lord, but two for four dollars

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also every fast food place should have a comical theme. come on make the cashier at long John silver's wear a hook hand lol

These should also be $45/hr minimum positions and provide entry to SAG

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

also every fast food place should have a comical theme. come on make the cashier at long John silver's wear a hook hand lol

These should also be $45/hr minimum positions and provide entry to SAG

agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
went to the king today. wasnt looking to spend $10 and i was freestyling without the app. honestly the app is so disgusting i dont want to install it again. its so ugly, and annoying. i hate it. anyways

went with the value menu strat. got the bacon cheesburger, value fry, and value drink. they value drink was very small, which i actually appreciated. the fry was large for value, and the bacon cheeseburg was serviceable but not good. the bacon component of it is seriously bad but the burg and sauces are excellent to offset it. i think combined this was a lot of calories as i have maintained a high degree of satiation through the day, as this was my only meal. tonight im going to do something really loving crazy and go to the baal, that means 2x FF in 1 day, whcih is disgusting, but i want it, bad, and hell, ive earned it. i dont take the car out of the lot much and its such a pain in the rear end to do that i may as well get all my adventuring done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I tried the Ch'King today and it was okay. It sure was big but not exactly the most flavorful chicken sandy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Smythe posted:

went to the king today. wasnt looking to spend $10 and i was freestyling without the app. honestly the app is so disgusting i dont want to install it again. its so ugly, and annoying. i hate it. anyways

went with the value menu strat. got the bacon cheesburger, value fry, and value drink. they value drink was very small, which i actually appreciated. the fry was large for value, and the bacon cheeseburg was serviceable but not good. the bacon component of it is seriously bad but the burg and sauces are excellent to offset it. i think combined this was a lot of calories as i have maintained a high degree of satiation through the day, as this was my only meal. tonight im going to do something really loving crazy and go to the baal, that means 2x FF in 1 day, whcih is disgusting, but i want it, bad, and hell, ive earned it. i dont take the car out of the lot much and its such a pain in the rear end to do that i may as well get all my adventuring done.

i havent seen the lastest batch of BK coupons, but i think there was basically one for what you ordered execpt i think it was a normal double cheeseburger, but sm fry and sm drink for like 3 bucks and i used to get that a lot but i havent gone to bk in a while i think i got a little burned out on it because i was simply using their great coupons so much to get a reasonably sized meal at a great price but that had to have been around two months ago i went there last and honestly just talking about their sandwiches is giving me the notion that i'd like to stop by and order this particular meal that is if the coupon still exists. that being said their app is really bad and they should really consider a complete overhaul because to me it reflects poorly on them as a company and this is coming from someone who has enjoyed their menu for quite some time.