Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
It's fascinating to look at what is effectively someone's diary of their descent into insane conspiracy theories, but goddamn all I can think about once I step back from the posts is that this guy genuinely-believes they've uncovered a sinister underworld from videogames and random media and holy cannoli why is our healthcare system in shambles.

Sing Along, I say this with all sincerity: schizophrenia and it's relatives are a bitch to deal with, especially when you have easy access to media platforms that reaffirm your suspicions at the click of a mouse. It's impossible to tell if you're pursuing this out of curiosity or if you feel there's truth here, but please please please don't allow conspiraciesto dominate your thoughts and alienate you from your friends, family, and prospects of living life without fear that someone is plotting against you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

ChickenHeart posted:

It's fascinating to look at what is effectively someone's diary of their descent into insane conspiracy theories, but goddamn all I can think about once I step back from the posts is that this guy genuinely-believes they've uncovered a sinister underworld from videogames and random media and holy cannoli why is our healthcare system in shambles.

Sing Along, I say this with all sincerity: schizophrenia and it's relatives are a bitch to deal with, especially when you have easy access to media platforms that reaffirm your suspicions at the click of a mouse. It's impossible to tell if you're pursuing this out of curiosity or if you feel there's truth here, but please please please don't allow conspiraciesto dominate your thoughts and alienate you from your friends, family, and prospects of living life without fear that someone is plotting against you.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I've worked closely with a psychiatrist and several psychologists, and am still working with a psychologist and I do not have, believe it or not, any diagnoses. I've got an E/N thread going as a companion to this which you may be interested in:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964872

Also, I don't believe that the concepts I'm engaging with are necessarily sinister or that they have any physical representation on Earth. It's a noospheric phenomenon, I believe.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ChickenHeart posted:

Lol that poo poo was like legit hour long news programs back in the mortal Kombat days that actually affected a rating system on video games. It’s good to know our moral guidance was crafted by paranoid schizophrenics who view fun and enjoyment of things as a threat to the proper development of impressionable youths. :downs:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lol that poo poo was like legit hour long news programs back in the mortal Kombat days that actually affected a rating system on video games. It’s good to know our moral guidance was crafted by paranoid schizophrenics who view fun and enjoyment of things as a threat to the proper development of impressionable youths. :downs:

Hey, friend. I've always enjoyed your Posting.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

ChickenHeart posted:

living life without fear that someone is plotting against you.

I can't get into detail about the details of my actual work, but let's just say that it isn't a coincidence that it is very hard to dox me. I don't believe anybody is plotting against me, though, or that I have any enemies. I think people may misunderstand me, but I'm working on communicating more clearly. Let me just say that, Walter Mitty style, you really do not want to know who I actually work for.

In the 1999 autobiography John Glenn: A Memoir by Mercury by astronaut and US Senator John Glenn, he states, "The average person could Walter Mitty him- or herself into winning the Indianapolis 500, since everybody drove a car; all you had to do was imagine yourself going faster and making nothing but left turns. But space was so new nobody had a way to relate to it realistically."

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 13, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Ok, I believe we've reached the phase where I can link a currently unfinished short story that I began writing as a form of art therapy:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qY1mTUC7eOb-5FVdITQ-nE6cVup1Mw24v2M-o9Lv4rA/edit?usp=sharing

An artist I'm working with described it as an "Internet Remix." Since the internet is a collaborative project, so too is this. Feel free to suggest any links or edits. Commenting is open for anonymous users on this version of the documentt.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 13, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just because you have schizophrenia doesn't mean they aren't out there to get you :tinfoil:

See, if I had schizophrenia I'd consider this very unhelpful posting but instead I find it very funny.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

yes please tell us what you're wearing

lmfao he's probably this guy:

or maybe this guy?

or quite possibly this guy?

Hahaha imagine if this squad rolled up to a house party. Some Macklemore Thift Shop vibes.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
I agree with all of this

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Sing Along posted:

Ok, I believe we've reached the phase where I can link a currently unfinished short story that I began writing as a form of art therapy:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qY1mTUC7eOb-5FVdITQ-nE6cVup1Mw24v2M-o9Lv4rA/edit?usp=sharing

An artist I'm working with described it as an "Internet Remix." Since the internet is a collaborative project, so too is this. Feel free to suggest any links or edits. Commenting is open for anonymous users on this version of the documentt.

Snake Dance posted:

I agree with all of this

Then you'll love the short story I linked here:

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Does nick land fit into any of this??

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

Does nick land fit into any of this??

Hell yeah, dude. Check this out, also check out your post ID:

quote="SSJ2 Goku Wilders" post="513968888"

I'm just shitposting on the shoulders of giants.

I think we're currently in this quadrant:

but I am hopeful that we can make it to this one:

or, if all else fails, this one:

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 13, 2021

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I hope you can find the wish granter and change the noosphere for the better

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Badactura posted:

I hope you can find the wish granter and change the noosphere for the better

Do you have any wishes? I've played enough STALKER to know where this is going.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Do I need to have played Metal Gear to understand? I have not played any of them.
I have seen a cardboard box though

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I believe snakes are somehow involved? Paging local snake professional to this thread

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

I believe snakes are somehow involved? Paging local snake professional to this thread

Snakes are very much involved.

Ventral EggSac posted:

quote="Ventral EggSac" post="513969822"
Do I need to have played Metal Gear to understand? I have not played any of them.
I have seen a cardboard box though

No. What is your favorite media?

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 13, 2021

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Sing Along posted:

Hell yeah, dude. Check this out, also check out your post ID:

quote="SSJ2 Goku Wilders" post="513968888"

I love this poo poo because it implies people are every bit as capable and motivated to become the weird things they dream about.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
What's the significance of the post id?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

What's the significance of the post id?

Are you familiar with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kek_(mythology) ?

The Ogdoad consisted of four pairs of deities, four male gods paired with their female counterparts.

You asked about Nick Land and you got four 8's. It might be the

It also may be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgF5yz8SLE

We're just not sure.

Context: https://steamcommunity.com/id/GangAftAgley/

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 13, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

sure okay posted:

I love this poo poo because it implies people are every bit as capable and motivated to become the weird things they dream about.

Our current working hypothesis is that they in fact are.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
I think I've finished the story, and I would really appreciate feedback on it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Sing Along posted:

Our current working hypothesis is that they in fact are.

:hmmyes:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Sing Along posted:

I think I've finished the story, and I would really appreciate feedback on it.

its like finding a video (sic)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50707mV4jcY that was only released on betamax tapes

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 14, 2021

Green Nail Polish
Nov 15, 2020
took three pages until the nick land namedrop, nice

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

OMFG FURRY posted:

post="513977153"]
its like finding a video (sic)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50707mV4jcY that was only released on betamax tapes

You're not going to believe what the video content looks like.

Green Nail Polish posted:

post="513977371"
took three pages until the nick land namedrop, nice

You can't rush these things if you hope to do them well. They happen when they happen.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Oh, let me poll the room: where on that alignment chart would people like to live?

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

The insects

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Beeple NFTs

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Sing Along posted:

Are you familiar with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kek_(mythology) ?

The Ogdoad consisted of four pairs of deities, four male gods paired with their female counterparts.

You asked about Nick Land and you got four 8's. It might be the

It also may be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgF5yz8SLE

We're just not sure.

Context: https://steamcommunity.com/id/GangAftAgley/

Don't you think that's a stretch? It has four eights in it, and there's an ancient goddess associated with two times four. It's really entertaining in an internet-shamanic, ultra-associative way, but this isn't as good as your early material.

Also, you say that you've seen psychiatrists and they've cleared you of any diagnoses. But you've shown in the past that you're capable of lying. Why wouldn't you be lying about that, as well?

Also what's the significance of the guy calling out the nick land 'namedrop'. If there's anything that this reminds me of, it's land's meth-addled speculative fiction. The only elements missing are land's purposeful critiques against humanism and his polemic style

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think this guy might literally be ocelot

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Also, you say that you've seen psychiatrists and they've cleared you of any diagnoses. But you've shown in the past that you're capable of lying. Why wouldn't you be lying about that, as well?

The easiest thing to do is to lie to yourself. Are you sure you're not a foetus plugged into a hypercomputer? Can you prove that you are actually an adult human being and not a golden retriever using a mind-brain interface to post? On the internet, nobody knows you're a spider. See timestamp, please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D61lg7iuVaI&t=103s

You strike me as more concerned with defending your own preconceptions relating to the world you believe yourself to inhabit than with asking me questions. May I ask you a very significant one?

Can you tell me what it is that you think you believe in?

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 14, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Close, but no cigar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardine_genet

"We need tension...conflict. The world today has become too soft. We're living in an age where true feelings are suppressed. So we're going to shake things up a bit. We'll create a world dripping with tension... ...a world filled with greed and suspicion, bravery and cowardice."

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
I am become Deaf: destroyer of words.

NEAR // MISS

Thank You for Saying You’re Welcome
In Utopia
High Tide at Race Point
Don’t Tell Me about the Tide . . .
Grief Haunts the Spoken
Nowhere Is Just around the Corner
S’i’ fosse
Corrections
Intaglio
The Bluebird of Happiness
Catachresis My Love
Spring
Otherwise He’d Be Dead
This Poem Is a Hostage
The Lie of Art
Why I Am Not a Hippie
Apoplexy / Apoplexie
Truly Unexceptional
Passing
All Poetry Is Loco
I Used to Be a Plastic Bottle
Why I Am Not an Atheist
The Island of Lost Song
Confederate Battle Flag
Sacred Hate
Me and My Pharaoh . . .
Catullus 70
Where My Bread Is Buttered
He Said He Was a Professor
Klang
Autobiography of an Ex-
Why I Am Not a Buddhist
Ballad Laid Bare by Its Devices (Even)
Animation
Also Rises the Sun
Georgics
Concentration (An Elegy)
How I Became Prehuman
Pinky’s Rule
My Mommy Is Lost
Better Off Dead
Oopera
Procedure
Water Under the Bridge . . .
Recap
Unconstrained Writing
Ugly Duckling
Transvaluation
Beyond Compare
The Pond Off Pamet Road
The Nun’s Story
Our United Fates
To Gonzalo Rojas
I Don’t Remember
Flag
Contact Western Union Very Urgent
Her Ecstasy Is Abstract
At Sunset, after the Plum Blossoms Begin to Fall . . .
Each Separate Dying Ember
Betcha
Don’t Say I Passed When I Die
Ring Song
God’s Silence
Drambuie
Doggone Sane
Fado
Wild Turning
This Poem Is a Decoy
My Luck
Mystic Brokerage
Effigy
Seldom Splendor
Song of the Wandering Poet
In the Meantime
Before Time
Song
What Makes a Poem a Poem?
There’s a Hole in My Pocket
Song Dynasty
Elfking
Lacrimae Rerum
Fare Thee Well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlzgDVLtU6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9KE0PaD-4

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 14, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Exploration may be ill advised, but fortune favors the bold.

https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sorrow

He also told Snake that "light and darkness" dwelled within him, referring to the eventual conception of Solid and Liquid Snake.

He was an expert of psychotherapy and hypnosis, such as when he made Venom Snake and himself believe that the former was truly Big Boss in 1984, as well as his planned ruse of assuming Liquid's identity in 2014. In 2009, Ocelot took a hypodermic injection to supposedly prevent Liquid Snake's arm from exerting control over him. During this occasion, his heart seemingly gave two heartbeats, as heard by Raiden, using a directional microphone. By 2014, Ocelot had switched Liquid's arm for a cybernetic prosthesis to restore balance to his psyche.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 14, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Anybody want to trade songs back and forth?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Sing Along posted:

The easiest thing to do is to lie to yourself. Are you sure you're not a foetus plugged into a hypercomputer? Can you prove that you are actually an adult human being and not a golden retriever using a mind-brain interface to post? On the internet, nobody knows you're a spider. See timestamp, please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D61lg7iuVaI&t=103s

You strike me as more concerned with defending your own preconceptions relating to the world you believe yourself to inhabit than with asking me questions. May I ask you a very significant one?

Can you tell me what it is that you think you believe in?

There's a lot more value (of whatever kind) to your shamanism when you don't use it as a foil for a flimsy Cartesian skepticism. If you didn't care about consistency, why try to argue the you're not the same person as the schizo guy, in the first place, you know? You started out with some X-Files type stuff, only to turn it into a Choose Your Own Adventure story. Have some respect for your own craft

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
one time in college i borrowed MGS for the game cube from a friend but I forgot to also borrow a memory card and didnt realize until I had played for like 4 hours and then I was like gently caress it I guess I just gotta beat it all in one go so I spent the rest of the day getting all faded and doing cool rear end CQC moves and espionage poo poo until I beat the game at like midnight

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Sing Along posted:

Also, I only took a brief vacation into FYAD because I had some theories I was testing and they turned out to be fairly accurate as far as the behavior of hiveminds and fractals.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

There's a lot more value (of whatever kind) to your shamanism when you don't use it as a foil for a flimsy Cartesian skepticism. If you didn't care about consistency, why try to argue the you're not the same person as the schizo guy, in the first place, you know? You started out with some X-Files type stuff, only to turn it into a Choose Your Own Adventure story. Have some respect for your own craft

I never described myself as shamanistic. I believe I've used the phrase 'Pataphysical Theurgy to describe my system of spiritual practice and I tend to describe my religious beliefs as "Unorthodox Trinitarian Deism." I legitimately am not the other poster, which you seem to have a hard time believing. This is why I'm totally happy for mods to investigate my credit cards, billing info, IP address, whatever. Cards on the table, cross my heart and please ban me if I'm lying (I'm not): We are two discrete posters (by which I mean two separate human beings - I am substantially younger than he is) who haven't talked since like 2017 or 2018 (hard to recall).

Can you please tell me what it is that you think you believe in? I'm attempting to convey to you what it is that I believe in. Oh, did you look at the comments on the youtube AMV I linked to you? There was a timestamp there for a reason: I was intending to communicate in ways that words alone can't.

Nooner posted:

one time in college i borrowed MGS for the game cube from a friend but I forgot to also borrow a memory card and didnt realize until I had played for like 4 hours and then I was like gently caress it I guess I just gotta beat it all in one go so I spent the rest of the day getting all faded and doing cool rear end CQC moves and espionage poo poo until I beat the game at like midnight

I believe that this is the neoplatonic ideal of MGS gameplay.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 14, 2021