Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Wendigee posted:

tater tots suck a gently caress!

You're asking to eat a potato bullet, buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I wouldn't be caught dead eating a "tatered tot"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

tater tots are left over potato shavings sold to the dregs of society as a delicacy that is actually just a grease sponge in potato form

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Tater tots are good but they're never something that I crave. If they happen to come into my life I will eat them happily.

I agree with this - they're good and I'll eat them whenever an opportunity presents itself, but yeah it's never something I actually crave. In the words of George Bush from the Simpsons: "Mmmm, good tots. Good, not great."

Also, I see some other people ITT calling tots 'potato gems'. I was gonna ask, are there any other weird and/or regional names for tots, that you goons have encountered? I've heard a bunch of people calling tots gems of course, but I've also heard some sorry sap call tots 'spud bites', of all things!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Wendigee posted:

tater tots are left over potato shavings sold to the dregs of society as a delicacy that is actually just a grease sponge in potato form

This is very true. Tots were originally cheap to buy, because they were cheap to make, being shaving leftovers and all.

But no one was buying them because of percieved value, so Ore-Ida raised the price to fry levels and they started selling better

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Major Isoor posted:

I agree with this - they're good and I'll eat them whenever an opportunity presents itself, but yeah it's never something I actually crave. In the words of George Bush from the Simpsons: "Mmmm, good tots. Good, not great."

Also, I see some other people ITT calling tots 'potato gems'. I was gonna ask, are there any other weird and/or regional names for tots, that you goons have encountered? I've heard a bunch of people calling tots gems of course, but I've also heard some sorry sap call tots 'spud bites', of all things!

What, you've never had a spuddy buddy???

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

sure okay posted:

This is very true. Tots were originally cheap to buy, because they were cheap to make, being shaving leftovers and all.

But no one was buying them because of percieved value, so Ore-Ida raised the price to fry levels and they started selling better

careful, big potato don't want you to know the truth

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Wendigee posted:

if all that is true how come i cant stop shoving them into various holes that god drilled into my ghoulish frame

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

if all that is true how come i cant stop shoving them into various holes that god drilled into my ghoulish frame

Because you left the automatic tater feeder running again, dear.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:hmmyes:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
I don't like tater tots that much they are always soggy in the middle like when you go to waffle house and the cook that's making your hash browns is coming down off molly always make sure to get there early enough that they are peaking on molly but not so early that you miss out on the multiple domestic disturbancesat 3:00 am

AstroBravo
Jun 23, 2009
My local grocery sells tater tots that have minced onion mixed up with the minced potato bits in them.

I did not read the package the first time I bought them so they were a Delightful Surprise to discover.

10/10 tot upgrade

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I've been meaning to make this recipe for tater tot casserole that people apparently swear by.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/11/homemade-tater-tot-casserole.html

Can some goon make it first so I know whether it's worth it

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Tots are amazing in a local specialty known as a garbage plate.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/famous-garbage-plate-rochester-new-york-101383

Tots, mac salad, and cheeseburgers all day every day.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Before I came to know TATER KEG

I once made a tater tot hot dish, a festive delicacy from the great northern land of Minnesota I now call home

Some might call it a casserole, but it's a hot dish.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
That's a good rear end looking hotdish

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The next person in this thread that calls a tater tot a loving potato gem is getting banned.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

later

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

tater

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
am i not tatery enough for the tater tot?

tater! tater!

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a tot

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

Non-obvious combination that's actually killer: saag paneer or bhindi masala over tater tots.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome
I moved to The Netherlands about 5 years ago and after I got used to living here I went around searching for tots to no avail. There are tot-like things but no tots.

I found a restaurant in Amsterdam that served "tader todds" with some form of a cheese sauce but they were some sort of bullshit potato dumpling and not a real tot.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I hear Josh Duggar prefers tater-tots over any other???

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

when I was a kid we used to have tater tot sandwiches. tater tots between 2 slices of bread with some miracle whip

click like and subscribe for more ez welfare meals

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bird with big dick posted:

The next person in this thread that calls a tater tot a loving potato gem is getting banned.

That would honestly be doing us all (the offender included) a huge favour, if so. TIA mods

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

1secondpersecond posted:

Non-obvious combination that's actually killer: saag paneer or bhindi masala over tater tots.

paani puri but with tater kegs

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

bird with big dick posted:

Oven crunchies.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Ain't had tater tots come fifteen year now l

congrats on the fifteen year mark! that's a huge accomplishment. just keep taking it one day at a time :)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My so called "friends" refuse to split the 10 pound box of tater kegs with me. For "health reasons" or some poo poo

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

What a coincidence, we get a tot thread and Chef John puts out this tasty recipe.

Tots good, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with fried potato.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I once referred to myself as a tater tot dumpster and I'm sticking with that

r/breadme
"Fill me with your tots"

OnlyFans(in AirFriers)

I mean, I'm not a social media consultant, but you've struck gold here. Delicious golden potatoes, that is.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm gonna add a frozen potato product of some kind to my instacart. BUT WHAT WILL IT BE

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

This is the best thing in this thread.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Second best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If I made tater tots with a hole in the middle so they cook faster and more evenly, what should I call them? Tater Tubes? Tater Tooots?

I'm saving Tater Torus for the onion ring shaped and flavored variant.