Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Name: Bodacious O'Radical
Health: 9/10
Might: 1
Element: Pyra

Spell: Licking flames: Gain a strike against an opponent on a loss. READY
Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 1

Die roll: Attacking G10: 1d6 1 Total 5

Bodacious grinned: Five was the magic number with High boost about to come back online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Gizzard, the Lizzard Blizzard Wizzard
HP: 10/10
Might: 2
Element: Hydro
Inspiration(s): 1
Armour: 0
Spells:
Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row
Bitter Frost: Deal [might] hydro damage and freeze opponent
Attack:
---Rolls:
-----Total:

Gizzard took a moment to catch his breath and remember the words to one of his more powerful spells, bitter frost. The whoopsy was to oscillate shortly so he needed this time to center himself- and put up some ice walls to keep his tail from dropping!

Reinforce: automatic increase

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Name: Ning
Might: 1d2 2
Element: Terra
Inspiration(s): 0
Spells: -

Attack F5 from E5: 1d6 1
Cumulative total: 2

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Name: Panta Rei
Square: E6
Spells:
DRIVING WIND! Cooldown [X] [X] [_]

His enemy still dazed, Panta Rei presses his advantage! "Come on then you overgrown alchemical spill! i'll defeat you yet, you misshapen mishap!" With that, the Mighty Wizard('s familliar) bonked his enemy square on the... flask.

Attack!: 1d6 2
Total of 9! I stand!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
The Wizards were making solid inroads on the Academy now, pushing back the forces of… evil? Chaos? Wild magic? It had all happened so quickly. So quickly not everyone had escaped - look at that poor fellow Jimmy had encountered, half crusted over with stone and maddened with pain. A gargoyle’s beak curled out through broken teeth, one eye a glittering topaz streaked with quicksilver tears. More lurching figures stumbled through the chaotic halls of the place, tainted by elemental forces. The villagers wondered aloud, not for the first time, just what had gone down that night. How had the Arcane Whoopsy happened, anyhow? The Wizards had no idea, but they had guesses.

HUWHAAA? posted:

How do you think the Arcane Whoopsy happened? You do not know, straight up, but you can make an educated guess!

EXPLORATION - TURN 7 posted:

A - Ozzy rolls 3, bringing their total to 7. Pillar Of Salt casts Topple! Pillar Of Salt rolls 6, bringing their total to 10.
Topple - Instantly lose half of Max Hp; deal same to opponent as Terra Damage
Pillar of Salt and Ozzy both take 5 Terra Damage! Pillar of Salt is slain!
B - Benny rolls 6, bringing their total to 14. Animate Lantern rolls -, bringing their total to 7.
Animate Lantern Stands at 8! BENNY OVERLOADS! Animate Lantern strikes Benny for 3 Pyra Damage! Benny is Burned by Lit Wick!
C - Szymon rolls 3, bringing their total to 10. Animate Lantern rolls 1, bringing their total to 8.
Szymon Stands with 10! Animate Lantern Stands with 8! Szymon strikes Animate Lantern for 2 Pyra Damage!
D - Ning rolls 1, bringing their total to 2. Pillar Of Salt rolls 6, bringing their total to 10.
F - Gizzard reinforces E4 to 2!
G - Bob rolls 1, bringing their total to 6. Animate Lantern rolls 5, bringing their total to 12. Animate Lantern Stands at 12!
I - Jimmy casts Boost +1/10! I - Jimmy rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Petrified Student casts Claw Slam! Petrified Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 13. Jimmy's total is Boosted to 11! Jimmy Stands at 11! Petrified Student OVERLOADS! Jimmy strikes Petrified Student for 27 Aero Damage and slays them!
Claw Slam - On victory, deal 2 additional strikes
J - Adila rolls 2, bringing their total to 5. Possessed Potion rolls 2, bringing their total to 6.
K - Bluemonty casts Stoneskin! K - Bluemonty rolls 6, bringing their total to 9. Animate Lantern rolls 3, bringing their total to 8.
Bluemonty Stands with 9! Animate Lantern Stands with 8!
Bluemonty strikes Animate Lantern for 4 Damage, slaying it!
L - Bodacious rolls 5, bringing their total to 9. Flapping Grimoire rolls 3, bringing their total to 4.
M - Panta Rei rolls 2, bringing their total to 9. Possessed Potion rolls 6, bringing their total to 12. Panta Rei Stands with 9! Possessed Potion Stands with 12! Possessed Potion strikes Panta Rei for 5 Hydro Damage!

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Bob
Health: 7/10
Element: Aero
Spells: Boost +1, Immolate

"Well...fu-"

Attacking G1 - Animate Lantern: 1d6 3
Attacking G1 - Animate Lantern Again: 1d6 5
Standing at 14, not that it mattered much. Only way Bob would have lived is if I got to 12 exactly.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
HP: 8/10
Element: Terra (Good against Hydro, Bad against Aero)
Spells: Boost +2 (On cooldown for 1 turn), Stoneskin

"I have the elemental advantage! You should be easily dead!"

Adila's anger only bolstered her magic... though not by much.

Another Roll: 1d6 2

That brings my total to 7

Flashback to Adila's Genius posted:

When the newbie students had to flee, naturally, they tended to stay in groups, as the nearest town was, in fact, the only place nearby.

When the question of "What was the Arcane Whoopsy?" came up, Adila had stated one thing clearly.

"We are NOT calling it that! It's far too dangerous to deserve such a silly name. Besides, clearly, the Headmaster had meant "Arcane" and "Whoopsy" as part of two statements, the latter interrupting the former. So, yes, it is an Arcane Something, but it is not an "Arcane Whoopsy". I call to refer to it as an "Arcane Abberance". "

For some reason, it didn't take.

"As for what it is... I think it's too... chaotic to be demonic in origin. Chaos magick is the domain of the fae. They are mercurial and whimsical. I think that's what this is."

"Odorous man, please tell me you didn't kill that poor petrified pupil? Killing our fellow students wouldn't be right."

Junpei fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 10, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Name: Ozzy The (Not) Great And (Literally) Terrible
HP: 7/10
Spells: What spells? Boost+2, Boost+3

Ozzy, getting awfully tired of running (literally and figuratively) decided enough was enough. He skidded to a halt, and raised his 'wand' - then immediately lowered the stick to instead clutch at his heaving, hurting chest.

"Pff, huh, hah, gi'm'asec, cash my breff... OKAY! This time I'll--!"

The technically-apprenticed youth paused, and blinked up at the approaching pillar - now glowing ominously with an inner, spiteful light.

"Oh. FUUUDDGE!" he screamed, as the already-cracked girthy thing burst over him, crumbling chunks striking hard even as they turned from solid to sand.

"Augh! Pffyt! Salt! Salt everywhere! By node! It'ds ubp by NODSE!"

His imp rolled around on the ground laughing maniacally while Ozzy nearly drowned in the salt of his former annoying teacher, absorbing some of his power in the process.

The youth, hacking and coughing, pulled himself free of the pile and decided that perhaps he should go for a drink and fudge to all this Whoopsy nonsense.

---------

HUWHAAA? posted:

"Thizziz good, inshkeep," murbled Ozzy, red-faced from more than just the hearty drink, while his imp played with village children and sharp cutlery. Or they with it? It was somewhat hard to tell between the shrieks of delighted mischief coming from both sides, though from the looks of it the kids were actually leading the score.

The apprentice turned his gaze away, silently praying things would be fine, and continued relating the tale of derring-do that had left him crawling back into the village, half-dried up and coated in a fine layer of salt, snickering imp in tow.

"So 'nyway, I waz all UP in that EX-wizzard's salt PILL-uhrrr," Ozzy halted mid-burp. Pill?

Dried Frog Pills posted:

Ozzy stared at what he'd wrought in mild despair. When the Dean of Dimensionology ("Dean Demensia" to some) had given him the 'extracurricular' activity of washing his finest (and most musty) robes for the 'occasion on the morrow', the apprentice hadn't expected there to still, you know, be IMPORTANT THINGS STILL LEFT IN THE POCKETS.

He poked dolefully at the soggy, ruined notebook and the rancid contents of a dried frog pill box he'd found while air-drying. How in the heavens was he going to explain this one? Maybe... if he just replaced it, the Dean wouldn't notice? Seizing on this vain hope, Ozzy began to frantically mock together a fake notebook (the Dean's handwriting was atrocious anyway) and found replacement pills from the academy nurse's cupboards. Sourdrops-something. With any luck, the Dean would just... forget the whole matter, by dint of not having had his proper medication.

The handover had gone well, and by the end of the evening Ozzy had all but convinced himself things would work out. By the next day the Whoopsy had happened, so he'd just... forgotten all about it until now.

The young wizard's face went carefully blank. He looked at the innkeeper, other wizards and the few villagers still paying attention, suddenly sweating.

"Uh... anyway, in my expert opinion, I suspect the Whoopsy may be the product of... really, badly, madly, miscast dimensional magic. Oh gods, he was doing some big ritual thing, wasn't he?"

New Neutral spell! 1d10 5 - Boost +3
Fudge off for a drink! 1d4 4 - Restored to 7!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spells:
Attack: G4 Attack G4: 1d6 2
---Rolls: 2
-----Total: 2

With his location secured, Gizzard cocked his lizard hat and moved onto his next opponent.

"Ice see you, whoopsy!"

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Name: Bluemonty
Health: 5/10
Spells: Stoneskin (3 Turn Cooldown)

Get Hydro Spell: 1d10 6: Blood Tide, Gain [Might/4] HP for each strike against your opponent
Have a Pint!: 1d4 2

Feeling at once stronger after the fight and quite a bit weaker, Bluemonty kips off to the pub for a bev. He's got a fake ID for exactly this purpose.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Jimmy "The Gross Son" Bobson
Element: "Aero"
Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 0/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 1/3) Boost +1 (Cooldown: 3/3)
Active Spells/Effects: Blasting Armour

All the nerds were arguing about he source of the Whoopsy. Jimmy didn't care, he had nothing to do with it. Sure, those dragon eggs he bought as reagents for the rite might've been a bit spoiled, but spoiled eggs are still good if you aren't a brat about it.

Regardless, it was time to start incanting for a "Death" Cloud.

Junpei posted:

"Odorous man, please tell me you didn't kill that poor petrified pupil of ours? Killing our fellow students wouldn't be right."

Jimmy snorted. "That was Johnny Sparksley I think? Dibs on his hentai collection after we clean the campus out."

Neutral Spell GET: 1d10 1 (Boost +1)

Attack G11 from F11: 1d6 1

I cast Blasting Armour

Theantero fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 10, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Theantero posted:

Jimmy snorted. "That was Johnny Sparksley I think? Dibs on his hentai collection after we clean the campus out."

Adila sighed. "Truly, you and I will never get along. I am a pinnacle of high society, and you are nothing more than a crass, crude, cruel, crazy, crackpot cretin. I don't know how you survived this Arcane Abberation..."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 3

Attacking G10: 1d6 1
Total 6.
Bodacious casts High Boost! +6, Stand at 12, Epiphany!

Bodacious exclaimed, "Dude! Check out this totally unfair spell I'm using to wipe you out!"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Benny "Twinkletoes" Broccolini
Health: 2 -> 3/10 HP
Spells: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]

"So dat's when I sez to 'em," Benny Twinkletoes continued, after chugging halfway through a pint, "I sez, 'Not even close, bay-bee!'"

He slammed the mug back and gulped the ale down with gusto before pounding the stein back onto the bar. His burnt hands were shaking a little bit.

"Enny-a-youse wanna know what stoighted all'a dis?" Benny offered the bar patrons, knowing they were all ears.

"Dis Ahrcaine 'Whoopsy-doodle' wasn't no mistake, oi kin tells ya's dat..." Benny led on, "Let's jess say... oi mades the ol' coots an oiffah dey couldn't refuse, know-what-I-mean?"

Benny glowered at the empty cup in front of him, and fell silent. The grand wizards had refused his offer, hadn't they?

> Disengage with F3: Move to D3, then to the pub.
> Pub: 1d4 1 HP healed!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
HP: 5/10
Spells: Sigil of Jomp When you would gain Inspiration, expend to gain double the amount
Terra Rune Next Terra Spell applies twice in a row

"Good. Now be an obedient lantern and stay there while I pop down the pub for a spell, hah, a spell of time. Garcon! One pint, please!"
Disengaging, moving to A9.
Healing: 1d4 4 On 9HP, ready for the Oscillation.
"Ye Gods, I needed that!"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Attack F5 from E5: 1d6 5
Cumulative total: 7

Attack F5 from E5: 1d6 5
Cumulative total: 12

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Name: Panta Rei
HP: 5/10
Square: E6
Spells:
DRIVING WIND! Cooldown [X] [X] [X] - RECHARGED!

Oh no! Panta was driven back by the cur and overwhelmed by its evil potiony ways! "You shan't have me! CUR! YOU SHAN'T WIIIiiiiIIiiiIIiiIiIiIIIIIN!" With those words, Panta once more let out his DRIVING! WIIINDS! And then he spread his hydro power on his enemy!

As for the ARCANE! WHOOPSY! he would talk to everyone about his theory: "It was all of you! your bickering and your unskilled uses of the Glorious and Magical powers of Magic! Your unenlightened use of the mighty elemental powers caused this chaos! it's yooooouuuuu!"

SPELL: DRIVING WIND!
Attack!: 1d6 2

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

As they progressed deeper, the Wizards saw more of their fellows… or what was left of them. Fluttering wraiths, bodies loosely held together by folded flaps of parchment, wailed as they travelled the scrambled halls. Clearly mad, their babbles slipped past cracked lips in slips of paper that folded themselves into birds and took wing. Bloated, bituminous lurchers, skin blackened and crumbling away to ash even as they watched, fallen fragments setting loose rubbish alight… it was a real mess, and certainly meant that the harvest dance was scuttled. Worse, the pressure was growing again. The world swam in and out of focus, and the scrying pool began to boil.

EXPLORATION - TURN 8 posted:

A - Ozzy has a pint, regainng 4 HP!
B - Benny has a pint, regaining 1 HP!
C - Szymon has a pint, regaining 4 HP!
D - Ning rolls 1, bringing their total to 12. Pillar Of Salt rolls 6, bringing their total to 10. Ning has an Epiphany! Ning strikes Pillar of Salt for 4 Terra Damage!
F - Gizzard rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Origami Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 4. Origami Student casts Folding Line! Gizzard’s value become 1; Origami Student’s value becomes 8!
Folding Line - Own value doubled, opponent’s value halved (round down)G - Bob rolls 6, bringing their total to 15. Animate Lantern Stands at 12! BOB OVERLOADS!
Animate Lantern Explodes, slaying both! 1 Inspiration Gained!
I - Jimmy casts Blasting Armour! I - Jimmy rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Anthracite Student rolls 3, bringing their total to 3.
J - Adila rolls 2, bringing their total to 7. Possessed Potion rolls 2, bringing their total to 8. Possess Potion Stands with 8!
K - Bluemonty has a pint for 2 HP!
L - Bodacious casts High Boost! L - Bodacious rolls 1, bringing their total to 6. Flapping Grimoire rolls 1, bringing their total to 10. Bodacious has an Epiphany! Flapping Grimoire Stands at 10! Bodacious strikes the Flapping Grimoire and slays it!
M - Panta Rei casts Driving Winds! M - Panta Rei rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Possessed Potion rolls 3, bringing their total to 3. Driving Winds deals 1 Aero Damage! Possessed Potion is Dazed!

OSCILLATION 2 posted:

GET READY posted:

Here it comes, ladies and gentlelizards!
1 - H1 advances - it pushes forwards once!
2 - H2 attacks Ozzy and batters them! Ozzy takes 5 Damage!
3 - F3 advances - it pushes forwards once! F3 attacks Benny - and was rebuffed! Animate Lantern takes 3 Damage and is slain!
4 - G4 attacks Gizzard - and was rebuffed! G4 is Bruised!
5 - F5 attacks Ning - and was rebuffed! Pillar of Salt takes 5 Damage and is slain! Inspiration Gained!
6 - F6 attacks Panta Rei - and batters them! Panta Rei takes 5 Damage and is slain!
7 - G7 attacks Bluemonty - and was rebuffed! Origami Student takes 5 Damage!
8 - F8 attacks Adila - and cannot advance!

TIE posted:

A tie! Nothing happens.
9 - G9 advances - and batters them! Szymon takes 5 Damage!
10 - H10 attacks Bodacious - and batters them! Bodacious takes 5 Damage!
11 - H11 attacks Jimmy - and batters them! Jimmy takes 5 Damage!

As the wave of power died down, the Wizards hauled in greedily at the waste mana, strengthening themselves even as they fought. This wasn’t so bad, really! They were getting strong a lot faster than school would have taught them, at any rate!

INSPIRATION posted:

Each Wizard may gain 1d2 Might - or regain half their max HP! Also, starting Wizard Might is now 1d2+1! Additionally, you may vote on how to use your collective Inspiration, now that you have enough! Check the Inspiration tab in the Monitoreum!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 3 -> 6/10 HP
Might: 1 -> 3
Oscillations Survived: 2
Spell 1: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 2: Reckless Heat: On victory, double your total strikes against opponent. On loss, double their strikes against you: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Benny Twinkletoes was in the midst of ordering another free pint at the pub when a series of shocked cries rippled through the bar.

"So oi sez to 'em, Leo, oi sez-" Benny said, freezing midway through retelling his story as he sensed something awry.

The crowd in the pub parted, clearing amid shrieks and shouts to reveal a cracked, magically animated lantern floating Benny's way.

"Hold on, Leo," Benny said, swiveling in his seat and getting up from the bar. Suddenly, he was very irate. "Looks loike we gots a sore loser over heyah."

"Oi tolds youse," Benny shouted at the flying fire spirit, "oi seds oi'd be roight back ta finish it! Oi wuzzin in da middle a' drinkin', ya palooka!"

Benny grabbed someone's half-finished beer, tossed the contents in the air, coiled the airborne liquid into an amber ball around his right fist, and stumbled forward into a haymaker that struck the floating lamp in the center mass.

"A-whapow!" Benny Twinkletoes yelled, and the lesser fire elemental exploded.

Small flecks of flaming oil splattered everywhere, but there were enough bar patrons around that the flames could be stamped out and doused.

In thanks, the bartender poured Benny out a trio of shots from a bottle of clear spirits. Benny Twinkletoes slugged them all back in rapid sequence then pounded his chest with a fist and stomped a foot.

"Whoo-ie!" Benny exclaimed. "Now dat's what oi coill foiya woita!"

> Fire Enemy Killed, Learned: Fire Spell: 1d10 6 - Reckless Heat!
> Oscillation Survived: Might Bonus: 1d2 2 Might gained!
> Pub: 1d4 3 HP healed!
> Vote 1: Humours of Jade (5): Gain 1 Armour per Oscillation survived (retroactive)
> Vote 2: Soul of Diamond (5): Gain 1 Might per Oscillation survived (retroactive)
> Vote 3: Focus Of Study (5): Roll 1d10 to pick a starting Spell on Elemental Selection

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 11, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
HP: 4/10
Spells: Sigil of Jomp When you would gain Inspiration, expend to gain double the amount

"Bugger. Thought I'd've dodged most of the splashback. Ah well, Garcon, I'll have another!"
Gaining Might: 1d2 1 Might is now 2.
Healing: 1d4 2 HP is now 6.
Might as well move back to F9.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Might: 2 > 3
Spells:
Attack: G4 []
---Rolls: 2 > 1 (spell), 1
-----Total: 2

"Hail to the Lizz, baby!" Gizzard yelled as his defences held against the oscillation once more. His reaction was much different when it came to the origami student though.

"Paper cuts? Not a big deal. Let me break the ice and pay you back for when you insulted my hat, Papa Pierre!"

Attack: 1d6 1
Might gain: 1d2 1
Vote:
Soul of Diamond
Humours of Jade

Slaan fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 11, 2021

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Oscillations survived: 2

Oscillation's Might Increase: 1d2 1
Geo Spell from Pillar of Salt: 1d10 8 Stoneskin!
Vote:
Soul of Diamond
Humours of Jade

Move: E5 -> F5
Attack G5 from F5: 1d6 1

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Spells: Boost +2, Stoneskin

As the Oscillation strike, neither Adila nor the Potion would move an inch.

Still, Adila could feel her power growing stronger!

Taking the 1d2 Might.

More Might!: 1d2 2

Adila's Might is now 4.

As for how to spend the Inspiration, it seemed obvious: It was defensive power that was needed to survive an Oscillation, and so they needed defensive power.

Voting for Humors of Jade and Body of Iron.

Focusing, Adila focused on destroying the potion with a very large emerald. But not too large. She did not want to Overload.

Another Roll: 1d6 1

This brings the Total to 8. Which would normally be a tie...

Urgh, just barely enough energy! This couldn't wait. She needed to defeat this enemy to move closer!

...but I'm spending my Boost +2, bringing it up to 10! Which is a victory, killing this Potion, because it's already stood at 8, and with my 4 might, two strikes, and elemental advantage, is assured. I did the math. I know.

Hydro was the enemy she dominated, and so, she stole it's power. Hydro's regenerative powers would be useful.

Hydro Spell from Kill: 1d10 3

That would make my new spell Bitter Frost.

Hmm. Maybe not as useful as healing, but still, this would help guarantee victories by forcing enemy Overloads.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

HP: 3/10
Might: 4
Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 1/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 2/3) Boost +1 (Cooldown: 0/3)

An unfortunate match-up. The flaming foe's aura of fire was burning up the malodorous fumes of the "Death" Cloud. He'd have to tap out, if he lived.

Gain Might: 1d2 2

Attack G11 from F11, round 2: 1d6 3

I cast Boost +1

Voting for Spiralling the Mana

Theantero fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 11, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

HP: 4/10

"Anyway, I'm off to save the village!" yelled Ozzy, dragging a furious imp after him, as it shook a bleeding hand at the gang of scarred and grinning tavern brats. That was one bullet dodged, thought the apprentice, before walking right into another as the Whoopsy oscillated and yet another corrupted enemy charged him out of the mystical fog.

-----

Five minutes later...

The imp dragged the bloodied Ozzy back into the tavern. Ozzy, groaning, reached into a pocket and handed it back its (?) knife, and let it and the tavern children reunite for another round of pinfinger/claw. Ozzy turned to the tavernkeeper, cleared his throat, and rose to his (tiny) full height from the floor.

"Think 'm 'onna need 'nother tipple. F'r good luck."

Gain Might 1d2 1
This stiff upper lip needs liquid reinforcement! 1d4 2 - Restored to 4!

"... mebbe two?"

Voting:
Body of Iron
Soul of Diamond

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 11, 2021

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Might: 1+1=2
Spells: Stoneskin (2 Turn Cooldown); Blood Tide
Attacking G7: 1d6 6
Total: 6

Roll for Might: 1d2 1

Vote:
1. Humours of Jade
2: Soul of Diamond
3: Focus Of Study

Riding the high of successful Oscillation survival, Bluemonty presses on to defeat his origami foe, hoping for the help of his compatriots to survive. It would be only fitting to take a page out of his foe's book and grow a stronger spine to deal with every way the battle might in-crease in danger. If he could make one wish it would be to cut his enemy up into a thousand pieces.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Health: 4/10 > 9/10

Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 2
Spell: Pyra Rune, next Pyra spell applies twice in a row. READY

Oof! That oscillation had hurt! Bodacious foregoes the might increase to regain 5hp!

learn a Pyra spell: 1d10 4 The death of the grimoire yields Pyra Rune!

Attacking H10: 1d6 4

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Wizards felt stronger, more self-assured. Though they felt the deaths of their fellow students keenly, it only served to embolden them. Chanting the ancient Paroles of Arcana, they linked their powers through the Monitoreum, weaving spells of power into their very souls!

INSPIRATIONS posted:

Soul of Diamond Aquired! Wizards Gain 1 Might per Oscillation survived (retroactive)
Humours of Jade Aquired! Wizards Gain 1 Armour per Oscillation survived (retroactive)

See Wizard Data here for changed stats.
They shook with gathered energies, anxious to test them on their foes. And to think, without the… Arcane Whoopsy... would any of them have ever needed to ascend such? Would any of them even have needed to test themselves? Careful now - overconfidence was the bane of many an uncautious wizard, and here was a situation more dangerous than mere lab work! They tossed themselves back into the fray, discovering yet another unfortunate student. This last fellow, drenched and dripping, sloshed his way towards them with a sluggish tread. His skin hung loosely on his body, bulging from within boundless gallons of salt water. His salt-burned eyes gazed blearily at Ning, and then he opened his mouth as though to talk and dozens of tiny shrimp poured onto the tiles. Wretched things! Better to end their suffering!

EXPLORATION - TURN 9 posted:

A - Ozzy has a pint, regaining 2 HP!
B - Benny has a pint, regaining 3 HP!
C - Szymon has a pint, regaining 2 HP!
D - Ning rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Burbling Student casts Sluggish! Burbling Student rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Ning is Dazed, and cannot cast Spells this round!
Sluggish - Opponent is Dazed
F - Gizzard rolls 1, bringing their total to 2. Origami Student rolls 3, bringing their total to 11.
Stolen Work - If opponent has Epiphany this round, swap values with them
I - Jimmy casts Boost +1! I - Jimmy rolls 3, bringing their total to 4. Anthracite Student rolls 5, bringing their total to 8.
Jimmy's Boosts to 5!
J - Adila casts Boost +2! J - Adila rolls 1, bringing their total to 8. Adila Stands with 10! Possess Potion Stands with 8! Adila strikes the Possessed Potion, slaying it!
K - Bluemonty rolls 6, bringing their total to 6. Origami Student rolls 6, bringing their total to 6.
Tear - On loss, opponent HP is halved (round up)
L - Bodacious rolls 4, bringing their total to 4. Anthracite Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 2.
Too Hot - On victory, opponent takes 2 Pyra Damage every odd number they roll until they roll 6

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 6 -> 10/10 HP
Might: 5
Armor: 2
Oscillations Survived: 2
Spell 1: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 2: Reckless Heat: On victory, double your total strikes against opponent. On loss, double their strikes against you: [ ] [ ] [ ]

"T'ankya verramouche, baiwrkeep! Oi gortsta geit gowin' now..." Benny slurred as he stumbled away from the bartender and all the friendly patrons. "Gotsa lotta magic ta do... ta *hic* save errybuddy oi guess..."

Minutes later, Benny was taking a leak in an alleyway near the magic school and humming 'Blues in the Night' to himself when he smelled something positively foul on the air, something like fire and brimstone and sewage.

"Jimmy - izzat you?" Benny hollered from the alleyway, as he was buttoning up his trousers. "Oi thought you wuz one-a tha dead'unz, easy!"

Benny resisted the urge to clap the stinky aero wizard on the back: Jimmy looked like he needed to concentrate on his wind control while fighting against the bubbling lava-humanoid up ahead.

"Juist, eh... lemme know if ya needs ta tap out, Jimbo!" Benny offered.

> Pub: 1d4 4
> Position: 3D to 11F (1Left of Jimmy)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

HP: 3/10
Might: 6
Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 2/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 3/3) Boost +1 (Cooldown: 1/3)

Lux Animus posted:

"Jimmy - izzat you?" Benny hollered from the alleyway, as he was buttoning up his trousers. "Oi thought you wuz one-a tha dead'unz, easy!"

Benny resisted the urge to clap the stinky aero wizard on the back: Jimmy looked like he needed to concentrate on his wind control while fighting against the bubbling lava-humanoid up ahead.

"Juist, eh... lemme know if ya needs ta tap out, Jimbo!" Benny offered.

Jimmy kept conjuring the Death Cloud. The levels of rankness were getting dangerous, but he could not stop here.

"Yeah, yeah. Just keep your distance for a bit. poo poo's about to get real and manifest up in here."

The sense was quite likely literal.

Attack G11 from F11, round 3: 1d6 4

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 14, 2021

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Armour: 2
Oscillations survived: 2

Attack G5 from F5: 1d6 2
Cumulative Score: 3

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Spells: Boost +2 (3 cooldown), Stoneskin, Bitter Frost

More magic power! A body like a diamond! Truly, Adila was unstoppable, unparalleled!

She would show these enemies no quarter! It was time for a direct strike! No diagonally shifting, she moved to the battlefield's center, to go straight for the Arcane Abberation's heart!

Attacking F6 from E6

First roll!: 1d6 2

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HP: 7/10

Ozzy accepted his post-oscillation ritual success drink with shameless relish, considering he'd mostly just stood in the background of the circle and mumbled the one word of power he knew that he was (reasonably) sure - well, hoped, really - would have a positive impact.

"Down the hatch!"

-----

A stiffer drink, for a stiffer lip! 1d4 3 - Restored to 7!

Feeling suitably empowered in body and spirit, he grabbed his protesting imp and bravely trod out the door, only swaying slightly from his recent liberal libations.

"Okay! Woo! This time imma blow away some monshters!"

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Spells: Stoneskin (1 Turn Cooldown); Blood Tide
Attacking G7: 1d6 6
Total: 6 + 6 = 12

STAND

Bluemonty casts Blood Tide: Gain [Might/4] HP for each strike against your opponent

A cold wind blows as Bluemonty, strengthened by communal magics, casts down a terrible frost upon his origamenemy.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Might: 3
Armor:2

Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 1
Spell: Pyra Rune, next Pyra spell applies twice in a row. READY

Fire vs fire. But who would be burned?

Attacking H10: 1d6 4
Total 8

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
HP: 6/10
Armour: 0 -> 2
Might: 2 -> 4

"Yes! Beer is good! I feel unstoppable! Right then, you lantern bastard! Let's fookin' 'ave it!"
Moving to F9.
Attacking G9: 1d6 6

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spells:
Attack: G4
---Rolls: 2 > 1 (spell), 1, 5
-----Total: 2 > 7 > 12!

Hmph, this paper idiot went all out so early. What an idiot. That just gave Gizzard the time to set up his final attack!

"Massive Glacier Totally Icetacular Crush Um Freeze Ray go!"

(Doesn't say it stood in text but stand value is 10 on monitoreum so I'm acting as if it did)
Attack: 1d6 5
Attack 2: 1d6 5

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The villagers watched them with blooming hope. They were doing it. They were pushing back the darkness! Surely, some of them had perished, but it was working! And none too soon… a chick had been born yesterday with coal black skin and eyes like sapphires, making not a natural peep. It had pecked idly at the corn for a few hours, stared malevolently at the child who’d been watching it, then intoned “SOON.” before exploding like a bladder filled with paint.

So, yeah, any good news was… great right about now.

EXPLORATION - TURN 10 posted:

A - Ozzy has a pint, regaining 3 HP!
B - Benny has a pint, regaining 4 HP!
C - Szymon rolls 6, bringing their total to 6. Animate Lantern casts Bubbling Fuel! Animate Lantern rolls 1, bringing their total to 1.
Bubbling Fuel - On Overload, lose 2 HP and deal 2 Pyra Damage to opponent
D - Ning rolls 2, bringing their total to 3. Burbling Student casts Boost +1! Burbling Student rolls 1, bringing their total to 2.
F - Gizzard rolls 1, bringing their total to 12. Origami Student rolls 3, bringing their total to 11.
Gizzard has an Epiphany! Inspiration Gained! Stolen Work activates! Origiami Student and Gizzard swap values! Origami Student strikes Gizzard for 3 Aero Damage.
I - Jimmy rolls 4, bringing their total to 8. Anthracite Student rolls 6, bringing their total to 14. Jimmy's Boosts to 5! Anthracite Student OVERLOADS! Jimmy strikes the Anthracite Student, slaying them!
J - Adila rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Possessed Potion casts Slippery Oil! Possessed Potion rolls 1, bringing their total to 1.
Slippery Oil - Opponent is Unbalanced
K - Bluemonty casts Blood Tide! K - Bluemonty rolls 6, bringing their total to 12. Origami Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 14.
Bluemonty has an Epiphany! Inspiration Gained! Origami Student OVERLOADS!
Bluemonty strikes Origami Student for 30 Hydro Damage and slays them!
L - Bodacious rolls 4, bringing their total to 8. Anthracite Student casts Burning Desires (Scorching Heat)! Anthracite Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 6.
Burning Desires - Cast a random Pyra Spell Bodacious takes 4 Pyra Damage! Bodacious is Burned!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 20, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
HP: 6/10

"Foolish Lantern! You know not who you trifle with! I, Szymon Flametame, shall now unleash the magical power within!"

Casting Sigil of Jomp.
Attacking G9: 1d6 6 Total is now 12! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Spells: Boost +2 (3 cooldown), Stoneskin, Bitter Frost

Oh no! The potion had dumped a slippery substance, and Adila was going to fall and ruin her perfect-

Unbalanced Roll: 1d6 1
Double that, so now I'm at 4

...oh, good, she found her footing.

"You'll pay for that! ...eventually!"