Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I'm still not convinced this isn't a dedicated troll topic. OP's talking points are just too loving spot on with the stereotype of a Jordon Peterson fuckler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Here you go, OP, read something like this or many other rebuttals to his facile but superficially persuasive arguments if you’re actually interested, and gently caress off.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/evqekn/the-fundamental-errors-of-jordan-peterson

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

It's me. I'm the guy who thinks this dude is going to click my links and become informed.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm... Jorping so hard right now you guys... gonna... gonNA JOOOOORP!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Once You Jorp The Fun Don't Storp

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lobotomy Bob posted:

It's me. I'm the guy who thinks this dude is going to click my links and become informed.

He’s not because he doesn’t actually want to be persuaded. I know that.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

OP, calling people snowflakes and millennials is proof you're probably older than jordan petersons grandmas pubes. Like, even old for these forums.

JP would probably think you're a big fat floppy weiner for seeking weird validation/response from strangers online. I certainly do.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 3, 2021

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

I'm still not convinced this isn't a dedicated troll topic. OP's talking points are just too loving spot on with the stereotype of a Jordon Peterson fuckler.

hey, it kept me amused for more than one post, good job OP

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

therattle posted:

He’s not because he doesn’t actually want to be persuaded. I know that.

I did click it. Fairly well written and does bring up some interesting criticisms of Jordan's book.

I have trouble will all the loaded, insulting language in it, as though the author, Scott Oliver, couldn't escape his own confirmation bias to disagree with Jordan's conclusions and just write a straight up debate-style piece.

Thanks for the link.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Poohs Packin posted:

OP, calling people snowflakes and millennials is proof you're probably older than jordan petersons grandmas pubes. Like, even old for these forums.

JP would probably think you're a big fat floppy weiner for seeking weird validation/response from strangers online. I certainly do.

I guess we have that in common.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you seen some of the mumbo jumbo this guy spews out? It's a pretty good demonstration of how deplatforming is a really loving stupid idea.

Turns out that by screaming over somebody you make them look like the reasonable one and cede the argument.

If it wasn't for that campus protest video going viral he'd still be an obscure academic who's sometimes on late night TV in Canada.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

jazzyhattrick posted:

If it wasn't for that campus protest video going viral he'd still be an obscure academic who's sometimes on late night TV in Canada.

I know! Thank the Good Lord and Praise Jeebus that happened!

:parrot:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Anton Chigurh posted:

I guess we have that in common.

If you had actual big swinging balls that jordan peterson would be willing to gently kiss you'd have posted in the thread about jordan peterson.

But no you need your own thread dont you big guy? Big sigma male lobster gets his own big boy thread!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson hosed a slug and sucked it off. Many such cases

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You seem to be very "into" the Triggering, op

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

OP I hope you don't mind, but I'm having some issues with my browser and it's just easier to start a new thread in your thread, but I wanted to talk about different doorknob designs:

Which do people prefer, and for what?

*Classic*

Advent Guard
*Edit: Is that keyhole decorative?!?!*

I'm thinkking about a new door, mostly used for closing purposes but sometimes opening very quickly to walk into a room to see what my dog does when he doesn't think I'm there, C&C appreciated

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I clumsily get my belt loop stuck in both 1 and 4, which is often embarassing

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

jorp is gross and a moron

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

chainchompz posted:

Afaik Bourdain relapsed or was killed for his politics.

What?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Why isn't this thread gassed yet. Do the mods enjoy people calling the op an idiot?

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

drilldo squirt posted:

Why isn't this thread gassed yet. Do the mods enjoy people calling the op an idiot?

I don't mind it, nor should you.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

OP I bumped the other JP thread so you can go post in there and see how it goes. Its right there on the front page for you, big fella!

I also hear they like JP in FYAD so you can try getting those guys and gals to engage.

EDIT:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944711&pagenumber=1

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Anton Chigurh posted:

I don't mind it, nor should you.

I mind your posting, as it's garbage.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I didn't used to agree with Jordan Peterson but then I learned he followed the philosophies of Yucatan Suckaman.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Poohs Packin posted:

I clumsily get my belt loop stuck in both 1 and 4, which is often embarassing

Happens to me all the time, but my kitchen cabinets are the worst for it:

*Images not mine*

Often it's my shirt or pants pockets. Just opening cupboards and drawers

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Found this on Google

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

hey op, get this: how about jordan pee eaterson, and his whole thing is that he eats pee

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

you may wonder how he eats pee as opposed to drinking it, but check it out: he freezes it first

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Who?

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

drilldo squirt posted:

I mind your posting, as it's garbage.

Then vote 1 and move on, you dumbass.

I truly don't understand the outrage of people who hate threads and/or the OP of them but keeps posting in them anyway.

It's like the chicken who plays Tic Tac Toe in Japan and wins (or ties) every time by simply hitting the same loving button over and over and over again.

Yes, you're as dumb as that chicken.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bouillon Rube posted:

you may wonder how he eats pee as opposed to drinking it, but check it out: he freezes it first

You absolute loving moron, the obviously superior pee eating method is to add gelatine and set it into a jelly.

Jordan P* Pee-Eaterson loves big wobbly pee jellies.

*the P stands for Pee

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

sure i like jorp

jorpin my own dick

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Anton Chigurh posted:

I truly don't understand the outrage of people who hate threads and/or the OP of them but keeps posting in them anyway.

It's like the chicken who plays Tic Tac Toe in Japan and wins (or ties) every time by simply hitting the same loving button over and over and over again.

?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Professor Shark posted:

OP I hope you don't mind, but I'm having some issues with my browser and it's just easier to start a new thread in your thread, but I wanted to talk about different doorknob designs:

Which do people prefer, and for what?

*Classic*

Advent Guard
*Edit: Is that keyhole decorative?!?!*

I'm thinkking about a new door, mostly used for closing purposes but sometimes opening very quickly to walk into a room to see what my dog does when he doesn't think I'm there, C&C appreciated

Oh that last one’s nice, but yes, the keyhole is in fact decorative, which is suuuuuper embarrassing!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Anton Chigurh posted:

Jesus christ your a moron.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Oh that last one’s nice, but yes, the keyhole is in fact decorative, which is suuuuuper embarrassing!

I think the photo is of the handle on its display board in the store.

If it was actually on a door the keyhole would be functional.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

drilldo squirt posted:

Jesus christ your a moron.

Oh the irony...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Professor Shark posted:

Found this on Google

Does this have actual LED lighting in it? Cause I'm kinda digging that, not too fond of the design itself though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Anton Chigurh posted:

Oh the irony...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.