Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sudonim posted:

It's ok if you want to pee standing up regardless of crotch equipment

:haibrow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
90s grunge isn't very good and feels like a huge step back from the alt scenes of previous decades

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Two takes: Sometimes, you gotta break the rules, and...

Das Boo posted:

Constantine is a good movie, actually.

The second and third Matrix movies are the only Keanu Reeves movies that are anything less than great.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

is criticizing hot takes allowed itt or is this a safe space?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Sex work is real work, it should be legal everywhere.

But incels should be banned from any of the services.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

ketchup on hot dogs is good

it's not good on anything because it's trash

Linux Pirate posted:

Garfield is a hot piece of rear end

jon is much hotter

Treecko posted:

Pokemon is for babies.

pokemon is for middle schoolers at worst, this is a gratuitous exaggeration

Das Boo posted:

Constantine is a good movie, actually.

it's not good, perhaps one of keanus worst (and that's saying a lot)

kntfkr posted:

streamers, influencers and youtube personalities should be taxed 99%. (in the United States, where I have discretion on who gets taxed what)

it is a legitimate form of entertainment and should be recognized as such, not punished with excessive taxation

OMFG FURRY posted:

gently caress butterside downers!!!!

butter belongs on the down side, full stop.

Treecko posted:

Catfish tastes like dirty pond water no matter how well you prepare it.

catfish is a wonderful delicacy that is so often mischaracterized

kntfkr posted:

the national anthem loving sucks. I hate it and it should be changed (every year)

it is the embodiment of the national spirit and isn't capable of "sucking", changing it would be disastrous to national morale

Peggy Edson posted:

Bud Light is good

it tastes like rice

Proficient Scoundrel posted:

adults who actively enjoy harry potter in 2021 are emotionally stunted

harry potter is a cultural touchstone and can be enjoyed at any age

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

In that regard, president trump could be said to have done that better than the founding fathers

president trump is easily the worst president, even worse than the buchanan

Jay_Zombie posted:

Wasabi Personal Lubricant....6/10

i know that you haven't tried this so rating it is disingenuous at best

OMFG FURRY posted:

positive psychology approaches in business and consumer focus is creating dual realities in a growing population and is accelerating polarization in seemingly unrelated areas such as politics and personal relationships, I THINK ITS BULLSHIT

there is nothing in contemporary society that includes "positive psychology"

Earwicker posted:

the pork buns at hong kong bakery in downtown mountain view california are pretty good but nothing special.

what is special about the place is that the sound of their refrigerators somehow cancels out my tinnitus

you clearly cannont taste the love and care put into each and everyone because you have no heart (and possibly no soul?)

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Posting deliberately incendiary takes for attention is childish and dumb.

"trolling isn't funny" ok thanks IDIOT

Proficient Scoundrel posted:

putting milk in your cereal is loving disgusting

milk and cereal are so obviously made for each other, i suspect maybe you lost your sense of taste from covid?

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

michael jackson hosed those kids :shrug:

racist

The Bramble posted:

COVID doesn't seem like a big deal

definitely the greatest biological threat to humanity since the spanish flu, has killed many millions despite strict measures to combat it, it's kind of a big deal

AcidCat posted:

Pepperoni and Pineapple is the best pizza topping combo.

they're fine but best? no creativity

OMFG FURRY posted:

forcibly sterilize people who eat my left over potatoes au gratin from the work fridge, that means you Mitch

they're not very good and you could do without the calories

Augustus Snodgrass posted:

People who start a work chat with "hello" and then wait for a response are worse than Hitler.

:godwin:

Mr. Meagles posted:

all cars and computers should be destroyed

cars and computers are among the greatest advances in technology in human society ever

Treecko posted:

OJ didnt do it.

he literally described and wrote a book about how he did it

Devils Affricate posted:

chicken is better than steak

poor

bigperm posted:

30 Rock is better than The Office in every single way.

30 rock is for faux intellectuals who get off on making GBS threads on harmless fun like the office

The Bramble posted:

Looks like Joe Rogan is correct yet again

joe rogan is a fallible human trying his best but sometimes makes mistakes

Peggy Edson posted:

Hot take: this post sucks rear end

all posts are beautiful

OMFG FURRY posted:

setting up your own snipe is an honorable and virtuous act

sniping is one of the worst things to ever come of forums culture

Chief McHeath posted:

Cereal in milk is a soup.

being obsessed with taxonomy does not make you unique or special or "quirky", everyone knows what those words mean and you're using them wrong

Shinjobi posted:

Eat the rich

society will always have a relative strata that ranges from "poor" to "rich"

HD DAD posted:

“Enjoying things” is for literal children and true adults approach everything with cynicism and disdain while screaming about bills until they die in a loveless marriage of convenience

ironic but there are enough brokebrains on this site who actually believe it to be true

deep dish peat moss posted:

If corporations are going to drip feed us dopamine to strip away any sense of personal identity they should at least stop making us work for them and let us just delve into the k-hole of smoking weed and playing addictive videogames all day

it is part of the fundamental human psyche to desire to be productive and contribute to society

raspurtin posted:

video games are not art, and are actually all bad

all art mediums are valid expressions of human emotion

Mooey Cow posted:

90s music is okay in small doses

90s music is fine in any quantity you want, as are all forms of artistic human expression

The Bramble posted:

America did NOT deserve 9/11

it was inevitable, and america will likely be 9/11'd again

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Pets can’t consent to ownership

nearly all animals that humans take as pets have enough cognizance to decide for themselves whether they like living with humans or not, which is sufficient "consent"

The Bloop posted:

It's ok if you want to pee sitting down regardless of crotch equipment

nobody should sit to pee

Nuts and Gum posted:

animation of any kind is for autistic morons

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

animation is one of the most creative forms of modern art

Szyznyk posted:

You know, you just have to applaud Adolf Hitler’s efforts to preserve the Alpine songbird population.

alpine songbirds are a completely irrelevant species and would be quickly forgotten if they went instinct

Smugworth posted:

Kratom isnt as bad for you as they say, in fact it is actually good for you. You ever see the movies Limitless? It's like that but if it was also heroin.

drugs are bad for you

No. 6 posted:

Faith is the lie we tell ourselves to feel better

truth is subjective, and faith has many forms

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This makes singing along to his love songs awkward at best.

you can enjoy an artists work completely separate from their personal lives

Antivehicular posted:

Ness does not appear in Mother 3 in any identity, and his absence is in fact a major thematic element of the game; the American fandom's desperate need for him there is evidence of its myopia towards the overall series's themes, which is partially understandable but still irritating

there was no need for ness to be in mother 3

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It is really dumb that the US does not use the metric system, but it's even dumber that "Celsius" is used anywhere. That poo poo is garbage. Scientists use absolute temperature scales like Kelvin. 0-100 celsius is some irrelevant poo poo about water boiling and freezing. Who needs to know that, when the water is boiling, what the temperature is? 0-100 fahrenheit is, instead, the range of temperatures that humans generally encounter outside. This is the context in which a relative temperature scale makes any sense and fahrenheit fits it perfectly.

basing any form of measurement on something on earth (especially if it is relative to a local population or culture) is moronic, because all temperature scales are abstract fundamentally. all scales of measurement should be made completely agnostic to location in the universe as possible

kntfkr posted:

Aretha Franklin is better than Puddle of Mudd

:rolleyes:

deep dish peat moss posted:

There's nothing more pitiful on this earth to me than a person who plays big budget AAA video games.

pop culture is popular for a reason, perhaps it is you who deserves pity?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I think that most people are good deep down

people are born a blank slate and are just as capable of being molded into an evil being

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

The truth really is somewhere in the middle a lot of the time

truth is subjective and likely to be on an "extreme" in any individuals viewpoint because of confirmation bias

paid money to post posted:

improv comedy? very funny, actually!

improv comedy takes a great deal of skill but talented improv is amongst the funniest forms of comedy

runnypoops posted:

Katy Perry is a better lyricist than Leonard Cohen

katy perry is a trash tier pop star who will fade away with her looks

Huskalator posted:

The US national anthem is the best national anthem. Acceptable alternatives are Canada, Germany, or Russia.

there is no current national anthem that is best. the best belongs to a dead country (not telling you which one)

General Dog posted:

The stepdad in Pan’s Labyrinth isn’t that bad

hes literally the bad guy

pretty soft girl posted:

90s grunge isn't very good and feels like a huge step back from the alt scenes of previous decades

grunge was a radical and transcendent departure from prior forms of "rock", and will likely be remembered as a pivotal point in music

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Two takes: Sometimes, you gotta break the rules, and...

The second and third Matrix movies are the only Keanu Reeves movies that are anything less than great.

most of keanus movies are bad, he just has a few that are so great they completely wash away all other sins

syntaxfunction posted:

Sex work is real work, it should be legal everywhere.

But incels should be banned from any of the services.

sex work is demeaning and degrading for women who are the vast majority of the workers, but they should be allowed only to provide services to incels, to protect society

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hot coco on the couch is putting too much context into the context free thread

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AcidCat posted:

Pepperoni and Pineapple is the best pizza topping combo.

yes. optionally jalapenos, too, but I think it's better without

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Pep, pineapple and jalapeños is my go to pizza.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oral sex, giving and receiving, is overrated

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

unbelievably wrong, 69 is one of the greatest sex positions in fact

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

69 is an outdated sex position and has been supplanted by superior sex moves, such as the 3-way Bermuda Triangle, and the Pandora's Box, a 4d tesseract except its dudes suckin each other off

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

yes. optionally jalapenos, too, but I think it's better without

pizza is always better with jalapenos

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Catsup*

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Gatekeeping will be the death of metal and the reason why it's been fading in popularity over the last 10 years

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
69 is gross because you have your nose in a butthole

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Treecko posted:

Feature not a bug

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mr. Meagles posted:

69 is an outdated sex position and has been supplanted by superior sex moves, such as the 3-way Bermuda Triangle, and the Pandora's Box, a 4d tesseract except its dudes suckin each other off

The Isosceles Lock, invented by the guys from ABBA...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Justin Godscock posted:

Gatekeeping will be the death of metal and the reason why it's been fading in popularity over the last 10 years

20 years and good riddance.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Treecko posted:

Didn’t stop Shock G from getting his Humpty nose tickled.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Anti-vaxxers/maskers that get Covid and wind up in the hospital should be denied treatment.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

20 years and good riddance.

The worst is they will defend it saying "it's good because we don't sell-out" despite the fact teenagers are laughing at their dad-bods and their torn/faded high school shirts.

gently caress, I'm glad I got out of that mindset.

You Are A Elf posted:

Anti-vaxxers/maskers that get Covid and wind up in the hospital should be denied treatment.

I'll meet you halfway and say they should be exclusively put into those make-shift field hospitals while everyone else gets put into an actual hospital.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Idk what any of you guys are talking about but I love you all anyway.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
The disease of the over-educated midwit is thinking that everything has to mean something, whether in art, politics, whatever. A lot of the time poo poo just happens.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People need to stop using the word gaslighting. You don't know what it means and you're using it wrong.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Dubbed anime is superior to subbed (assuming the dub studio did a decent job) because it allows you to take in the visuals better and relate to the characters on amore immediate level. Watching live-action contend dubbed is freak poo poo though.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Treecko posted:

Idk what any of you guys are talking about but I love you all anyway.

I don't know who you are but you seem pretty rad, you're a cool bean, keep on keeping on!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Family Guy is better art than any anime

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Pissing in the shower is a victimless crime.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I really appreciate the dedication to reply to every post. My new hot take is the OP is cool

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

it's not good on anything because it's trash

jon is much hotter

pokemon is for middle schoolers at worst, this is a gratuitous exaggeration

it's not good, perhaps one of keanus worst (and that's saying a lot)

it is a legitimate form of entertainment and should be recognized as such, not punished with excessive taxation

butter belongs on the down side, full stop.

catfish is a wonderful delicacy that is so often mischaracterized

it is the embodiment of the national spirit and isn't capable of "sucking", changing it would be disastrous to national morale

it tastes like rice

harry potter is a cultural touchstone and can be enjoyed at any age

president trump is easily the worst president, even worse than the buchanan

i know that you haven't tried this so rating it is disingenuous at best

there is nothing in contemporary society that includes "positive psychology"

you clearly cannont taste the love and care put into each and everyone because you have no heart (and possibly no soul?)

"trolling isn't funny" ok thanks IDIOT

milk and cereal are so obviously made for each other, i suspect maybe you lost your sense of taste from covid?

racist

definitely the greatest biological threat to humanity since the spanish flu, has killed many millions despite strict measures to combat it, it's kind of a big deal

they're fine but best? no creativity

they're not very good and you could do without the calories

:godwin:

cars and computers are among the greatest advances in technology in human society ever

he literally described and wrote a book about how he did it

poor

30 rock is for faux intellectuals who get off on making GBS threads on harmless fun like the office

joe rogan is a fallible human trying his best but sometimes makes mistakes

all posts are beautiful

sniping is one of the worst things to ever come of forums culture

being obsessed with taxonomy does not make you unique or special or "quirky", everyone knows what those words mean and you're using them wrong

society will always have a relative strata that ranges from "poor" to "rich"

ironic but there are enough brokebrains on this site who actually believe it to be true

it is part of the fundamental human psyche to desire to be productive and contribute to society

all art mediums are valid expressions of human emotion

90s music is fine in any quantity you want, as are all forms of artistic human expression

it was inevitable, and america will likely be 9/11'd again

nearly all animals that humans take as pets have enough cognizance to decide for themselves whether they like living with humans or not, which is sufficient "consent"

nobody should sit to pee

animation is one of the most creative forms of modern art

alpine songbirds are a completely irrelevant species and would be quickly forgotten if they went instinct

drugs are bad for you

truth is subjective, and faith has many forms

you can enjoy an artists work completely separate from their personal lives

there was no need for ness to be in mother 3

basing any form of measurement on something on earth (especially if it is relative to a local population or culture) is moronic, because all temperature scales are abstract fundamentally. all scales of measurement should be made completely agnostic to location in the universe as possible

:rolleyes:

pop culture is popular for a reason, perhaps it is you who deserves pity?

people are born a blank slate and are just as capable of being molded into an evil being

truth is subjective and likely to be on an "extreme" in any individuals viewpoint because of confirmation bias

improv comedy takes a great deal of skill but talented improv is amongst the funniest forms of comedy

katy perry is a trash tier pop star who will fade away with her looks

there is no current national anthem that is best. the best belongs to a dead country (not telling you which one)

hes literally the bad guy

grunge was a radical and transcendent departure from prior forms of "rock", and will likely be remembered as a pivotal point in music

most of keanus movies are bad, he just has a few that are so great they completely wash away all other sins

sex work is demeaning and degrading for women who are the vast majority of the workers, but they should be allowed only to provide services to incels, to protect society

i got a hot take for ya pal

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 30, 2021

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

People need to stop using the word gaslighting. You don't know what it means and you're using it wrong.

Simply having a disagreement with a person isn't "gaslighting". It's an invitation to defend your point and expand on it further.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

dmx krew is better than dmx

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

YeahTubaMike posted:

Agreed, I always skip the oral parts of the porno, I dont want to see that trash

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
'atypical' is a problematic show where the protagonist's inability to understand social situations is the setup for many, many jokes, thus making its seemingly progressive approach to represent disabled people somewhat backwards again or something

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
The man can come first but if he does he's gotta be into the girl enough to keep going til she does or be willing to taste/feel his own mixture to make sure she also does.

If this is news to you I'm sorry you're single/divorced

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
The best time to post on an internet forum is when you're stupid drunk or a teenager.

I'm sorry if this is news to you, it means you're lonely or a teenager

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

500excf type r posted:

Feature not a bug

Sometimes it's the goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is the only thread that really needs to exist to satisfy like 80% of our posting needs.