Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I wish someone would stab me with free drugs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

no pubes yet sorry posted:

What a nightmare. A security guard got a needle in the neck and ODed:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/astroworld-houston-deaths-travis-scott/index.html

thank you for your service
thoughts n prayers

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Who the gently caress is Travis Scott

A philanthropist first, mumble rapper second.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This video comes up when you search Travis Scott on Google within the first few results. Really all you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSzN_3NXFlo

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Sid Vicious posted:

Pregnant Kylie Jenner Uninjured After Travis Scott Astroworld Incident Leaves 8 Dead, Says Source https://t.co/1xRR3qJv5f

— People (@people) November 6, 2021

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I feel like there was a similar tweet this year where an incident occurred, and celebrity news reported that the pregnant partner who wasn’t present at all was OK.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
more like Stupid People magazine

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Kylie Jenner is the REAL victim here.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sophy Wackles posted:

Kylie Jenner is the REAL victim here.

her brother in law is Puff Daddy

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah that story reads like the fake poo poo they make up to scare you about drugs in middleschool lol

I tend to agree but the police chief literally said it in the press conference this afternoon. In one breath he says "don't believe all the rumors about someone going around and injecting people but an officer totally got pricked and almost died".

This article is slightly better, at least it has a little context:
https://www.nme.com/news/music/houston-officials-give-update-astroworld-investigation-3088977

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

no pubes yet sorry posted:

I tend to agree but the police chief literally said it in the press conference this afternoon.

The police lie all the loving time :ssh:

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 6, 2021

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

D.A.R.E. TO
I actually forgot the rest of the slogan

BE STUPID

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

The police lie all the loving time :ssh:

What? NO? this changes my whole world view!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

oh yeah. Got it in one
E: Wait. That was Weird Al

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

What? NO? this changes my whole world view!

Washington Post posted:

In March 2017, the leaders of Washington’s Fraternal Order of Police Lodge — an umbrella group for police unions in the capital — told their members about an exciting new idea.

They were selling whiskey on the Internet.

It was called the Jack Daniel’s Fundraising Committee.

The lodge’s leaders were buying Jack Daniel’s whiskey, engraving the bottles with a police-union logo, then reselling them online at the marked-up price of $80. They’d been overwhelmed with orders.

“$38,000 has been collected, just on PayPal,” said Marcello Muzzatti, a retired D.C. police officer and the lodge’s past president, according to a recording of the meeting.

One of the few non-police officers in the room spoke up.

“Is this, like, legal?” said the woman, who union leaders said was a paralegal.

“Yes. Absolutely,” said Andy Maybo, then the lodge’s president, who made the recording and shared it with The Washington Post.

“If it was ever against the law, we would never have done it,” Maybo, the former lodge president, said in a recent interview. After all, he said, the whole thing was done by police officers, in front of police officers. “I would imagine that if I’m doing something illegal, if the FOP were doing something illegal, somebody would have said that. And it went on for years.”

Experts in alcohol law said the Jack Daniel’s committee’s actions appeared to be a clear-cut violation of the law in D.C. and multiple states.

“These are cops?” asked Michael Brill Newman, who leads the alcoholic-beverage team at the firm Holland & Knight.

“That’s selling alcohol without a license, and it’s a crime,” said Will Cheek III, a Nashville attorney specializing in liquor regulations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Do we know the whereabouts of Alec Baldwin during this event?

Because I think he crushed the life out of those people with his long, enormously powerful arms. The Baldwin Bearhug of Death.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

powerful stupid

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

And Alec laid his eternal flaming eyes upon the carnage of the mortal hordes treading upon their kin and smiled, for it was good harvest moon.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Sophy Wackles posted:

That’s pretty terrifying. Was this just a fuckup of the organizers or a random trampling?

By the sound of things this was 100% on Travis and his management overbooking the event and cutting corners of medical and security staff in order to line their own pockets. The event has been held on the same site since 2018 and each year they've doubled the amount of tickets sold without increasing the size of the venue or accounting for the fact that there's a significant amount of fence-jumpers in attendance for each show.

In three years the event has ballooned from 25-100k attendees- many of them kids and teens who don't have much concert experience- and nobody on his team thought to add crowd dividers, extra security, exit points or anything to deal with the mass surge of people who everybody knew were going to turn up to this event. Add to the fact that Travis Scott himself is a soulless corporate sociopath who makes hedonistic, clout-chasing party music and actively encourages his fans to go as hard as possible regardless of the consequences and you have a recipe for disaster that seems as inevitable as it is tragic. I'm not trying to get all Tipper Gore here but he should've known that this was going to happen and has a lot to answer for.

https://twitter.com/musicstruggles1/status/1457065475691712515?t=S29_9nLXMaaVtje98rlx_g&s=19

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 6, 2021

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If anyone read this wall of instagram text this appears to be video of her trying to get the cameramans attention

https://twitter.com/CoolArtDude1/status/1456915593278496774?s=20

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

Chrs posted:

https://twitter.com/dramaforthegirl/status/1456980583280746505

This has to be the creepiest and most surreal concert footage I’ve ever seen

Is this how the song is supposed to sound? People were rushing the stage to hear this abomination?

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
This isn't even the first time he's had a stampede that injured people AT THE SAME VENUE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

down n out posted:

This isn't even the first time he's had a stampede that injured people AT THE SAME VENUE.

oh cool Marylyn Manson was there

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

The Scientist posted:

Is this how the song is supposed to sound? People were rushing the stage to hear this abomination?

this is the only thing of merit this donkey's ever done as far as I've been able to discern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYzwTL9dgcg

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kind of a sociopathic response, eh? And this hardcore pipe-hittin' rapper basically responds by thanking the police. twice.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Scott knew what was going on, he simply didn't give a gently caress.

Piece of poo poo.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
old school: gently caress the police
new school: thank the police

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Last Call posted:

Scott knew what was going on, he simply didn't give a gently caress.

Piece of poo poo.

he's not the loving problem. His promoters are.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
kinda twisted

https://twitter.com/s9rgen/status/1457019779433250822?s=20

:nms:
https://twitter.com/_simpliisteph/status/1457099306444509191?s=20

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 7, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he's not the loving problem. His promoters are.

Guess what, he could have stopped. Other singers and performers have when they noticed someone in trouble, Scott could have done the same.

He didn't, he did not give a poo poo which is why he's a piece of poo poo himself.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Last Call posted:

Guess what, he could have stopped. Other singers and performers have when they noticed someone in trouble, Scott could have done the same.

He didn't, he did not give a poo poo which is why he's a piece of poo poo himself.

I can guarantee your company kills people. It may not mean to, but it does. Does that make you a bad person. Debatable. Did you do it because your boss said to. I bet you did. Don't blame the product blame the manufacturer

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I can guarantee your company kills people. It may not mean to, but it does. Does that make you a bad person. Debatable. Did you do it because your boss said to. I bet you did. Don't blame the product blame the manufacturer

*swatting with a broom*

Get out of here! git!!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

*swatting with a broom*

Get out of here! git!!

nice try Bezos

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I just kept on programming in my cubicle while a new hire died from a repetitive stress injury two feet away. Not my problem, and I’ve got my sprint metrics to think about :c00l:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

In your analogy Travis Scott is the CEO of the company.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

oh cool Marylyn Manson was there

The last time Manson came to play at my city was a few months before the Covid thing kicked off. It was on a cold-rear end rainy fall night at a central park stage after he'd spent most of the day being what looked like bored out of his mind in this jewel of a city. Midway through his classics, somebody slips him a fat joint and he proceeds to chainsmoke the whole thing while doing a few more songs and hyping the freezing crowd. Well by like 4th song, his speech becomes more slurred and now there are noticably more supporting music only and abrupt pauses in his singing where there shouldn't be. At the end of the few hours of him on stage singing and praising how good the Canadian weed is he's holding onto the mic stand and swaying from side to side while putting real effort into remembering the lyrics to his encore of the Beautiful People.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

The last time Manson came to play at my city was a few months before the Covid thing kicked off. It was on a cold-rear end rainy fall night at a central park stage after he'd spent most of the day being what looked like bored out of his mind in this jewel of a city. Midway through his classics, somebody slips him a fat joint and he proceeds to chainsmoke the whole thing while doing a few more songs and hyping the freezing crowd. Well by like 4th song, his speech becomes more slurred and now there are noticably more supporting music only and abrupt pauses in his singing where there's shouldn't be. At the end of the few hours of him on stage singing and praising how good the Canadian weed is he's holding onto the mic stand and swaying from side to side while putting real effort into remembering the lyrics to his encore of the Beautiful People.

who knew manson was such a lightweight

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you are very very stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Mumpy Puffinz posted: