Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009

Pahilla the Hun posted:

wasn't there a goon who worked at the place? i remember reading a front page article (RIP front page) but maybe it was a joke account

I have had multiple friends who have volunteered there and my friend who is the most active and highest up out of them hated tiger king because they really make her look a lot worse than she actually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I was excited for a Tekken thread

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ChubbyChecker posted:

why didnt rump release the tiger king

it would have seemed really like a thing hed do

Because he did gay adjacent stuff and Trump won't pardon that

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Pimpcasso posted:

I've never smoked meth before but it must be awesome because it's worth banging/marrying a dirty old redneck

My hometown's big meth dealer was a gay guy and lot's of straight desperate meth heads would comply. Stories got around about it too because he'd always tell everyone and we'd laugh and laugh about so-and-so straight guy classmate getting desperate and sucking his dick for meth.

In hindsight it probably wasn't that funny.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

The Alchemist posted:

I was excited for a Tekken thread

That's leopard king, please keep up :colbert:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't understand why all these people have such a mission to take down Carol Baskin for killing her husband. Regardless of if she did it or not, he seems like such a gross sleazy shithead that I'm glad he's dead and it doesn't really matter where he is. Like, find a missing child to investigate or something.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I guess it's ok to murder bad people because they're bad in whatever bizzaro universe you're from :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Orange Julius

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

I don't understand why all these people have such a mission to take down Carol Baskin for killing her husband. Regardless of if she did it or not, he seems like such a gross sleazy shithead that I'm glad he's dead and it doesn't really matter where he is. Like, find a missing child to investigate or something.

It was funny how in the first season they only talked to people who weren't exactly objective. Oh gee, I wonder why his original family dislikes the woman who inherited all his money.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Colonel Cancer posted:

I guess it's ok to murder bad people because they're bad in whatever bizzaro universe you're from :shrug:

Clearly you’ve not been reading the Kyle rittenhouse threads

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

its not okay, but its also not okay to create weird self promoting youtube channels doing shoddy investigations which are taking advantage of the current zeitgest to make ad revenue. Like, who gives a gently caress about that lovely dude who probably crashed into the ocean? Who even cares what Carol Baskin did? The thing that makes the show entertaining is Joe Exotic and this second season sucks because he's not even in it.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Why did they only film the top half of the tiger kings head. You can’t see his mouth any of the times he’s in the second season and it feels like bullshit to me and the other viewers.

Season 3 better be just his chin or we got some serious equilibrium issues, I’ll tell ya that much.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Caesar Saladin posted:

The whole husband-murder thing was a hook that a lot of people got stuck on, but the real problem was that Baskin was doing almost the exact same thing as Joe Exotic (running a wild cat reserve that kept cats in the exact kind of captivity she decried, and doing so mostly on the backs of exploited labor in her cult of personality). She is a lot richer than Joe Exotic so her operation gets looked on favorably, but if she actually practiced what she preached then she would be shutting down her “rescue” just like she calls for all the others to be shut down.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also, she acts like Scientology and is constantly suing people into oblivion. She's obviously the worst person on the show and that's saying a lot.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, she acts like Scientology and is constantly suing people into oblivion. She's obviously the worst person on the show and that's saying a lot.

This is a hell of a take on a show that featured a guy running his own sex cult, a guy who hired a hit man and her sketchy rear end husband. The only thing Carole Baskin is really guilty of is hypocrisy, which is not a more serious crime than attempted murder.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

And then there's a guy in the new season who let 30 cats die in his hot trailer because he didn't bother checking on them when he stopped to bang his ex girlfriend.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They dont like her because shes a successful woman and lovely people love narratives in which a woman is the arbiter of chaos, destruction, and violence because it allows them to justify their own gendered violence. See Jordan Pederson l, hth.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

(Successful in killing her husband, faking the will and getting away with it)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

r u ready to WALK posted:

(Successful in killing her husband, faking the will and getting away with it)

He also bailed on her to go gently caress 15 year old girls so even if he didnt crash his cessna into the ocean (as he was known to do), good riddance? :shrug:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Because he did gay adjacent stuff and Trump won't pardon that

ah, of course

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

sweet geek swag posted:

This is a hell of a take on a show that featured a guy running his own sex cult, a guy who hired a hit man and her sketchy rear end husband. The only thing Carole Baskin is really guilty of is hypocrisy, which is not a more serious crime than attempted murder.

she runs a cult and isn't really that different

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

more importantly, Joe was running for president in 2016 so he was a potential rival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSWxursu_VE

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Theres so many layers of grift involved.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Poohs Packin posted:

Theres so many layers of grift involved.

it's amazing

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Actually you’ll find the villains are Netflix management.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Actually you’ll find the villains are Netflix management.

yeah, them also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Buffalo Bill