Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gasmask posted:

i hated this show before all you guys decided you hated it so actually im the coolest

I had no idea this person or this show existed until this thread was posted.
I am the winner here. Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Only caught bits and pieces of the show and it seemed okay but nothing I'd go out of my way to watch. Used to come on before At Home with Amy Sedaris which sadly TruTV cancelled.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

can we make a deal where we trade all 4 of these guys and get Trevor back ?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I’m excited to find out who he was harassing and/or banging on the crew.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope Joe’s dogs are okay

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Goons would like Impractical Jokers but are probably put off by the intro when the "four life-long friends" line pops up

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Impartial Jokers

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Private Cumshoe posted:

Goons would like Impractical Jokers but are probably put off by the intro when the "four life-long friends" line pops up

Lmao

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

bartok posted:

At Home with Amy Sedaris which sadly TruTV cancelled.

Godammit. I just finished binge watching this show, and you have to break my heart. It's a really good show, and proof that goons don't hate everything, just bad stuff.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Joe Ligma Balls

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Too lazy to link or screenshot but stories are coming out of him being a creep to fans

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Dude how hard is it to not creep on people? Then again some of their dares are "flirt uncomfortably with this woman (or even wackier, with a man!)"

There are some decent dumb chuckles, especially when they're just humiliating each other without involving unknowing participants, but sometimes goes too far and I'm surprised no one's punched and/or maced them for some of the stuff they've done.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
used to really like this show until they started padding out episodes with those 5 minute Making Of segments at the end. it's a hidden camera show, who gives a poo poo. total chump move.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

my ex was super super into this show and I watched many episodes with her and despite this and only being out of that relationship for a year, I have no eathly idea which one Joe was

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it doesn't help that the 11 times i've seen this headline posted, the accompanying photo is always with all 4 of them

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

MiracleFlare posted:

Dude how hard is it to not creep on people? Then again some of their dares are "flirt uncomfortably with this woman (or even wackier, with a man!)"

There are some decent dumb chuckles, especially when they're just humiliating each other without involving unknowing participants, but sometimes goes too far and I'm surprised no one's punched and/or maced them for some of the stuff they've done.

a guy tried to put hands on murr in a clothing store after he kept trying to hand him a bra or something. it was in season 5 I believe. I haven't seen any recent episodes but can't recall if anyone else getting physical.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Something tells me this is going to be scandalous.

Who What Now posted:

Any show based around harassing random people on the street sucks and everyone involved should be sent to gulags where voices in their ear tell them to poo poo themselves in a padded room

:agreed:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Apparently Tru TV removed every mention of him from their website and HBO Max is apparently removing episodes where Joe gave someone a massage so yeah my money is on he definitely raped an intern or something.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I’m leaving impractical jokers as well

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I’m leaving impractical jokers as well

Congrats

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

beep by grandpa posted:

my ex was super super into this show and I watched many episodes with her and despite this and only being out of that relationship for a year, I have no eathly idea which one Joe was

He was the fat one

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Blooster posted:

Apparently Tru TV removed every mention of him from their website and HBO Max is apparently removing episodes where Joe gave someone a massage so yeah my money is on he definitely raped an intern or something.

looking forward to trutv's daily output of bizarrely cropped, 8 minute long episodes of 'the three impractical jokers'

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Someone's about to sign an NDA that's going to make them very, very wealthy

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I saw the show, it was ok. It wasn’t bad. 6/10 would watch while drunk in a hotel room alone

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
I like the show. The earlier seasons are better than the recent ones because, as another poster mentioned, the challenges seemed more about bothering the Jokers themselves rather than bothering the public. In a way, I could see the show being better without Joe as he was in many ways simply an actor. He would do anything. And well, it got boring. I bet he was the kid in high school that would snort anything you told him to up his nose.

I doubt the show will live on much longer, though.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

I like the show. The earlier seasons are better than the recent ones because, as another poster mentioned, the challenges seemed more about bothering the Jokers themselves rather than bothering the public. In a way, I could see the show being better without Joe as he was in many ways simply an actor. He would do anything. And well, it got boring. I bet he was the kid in high school that would snort anything you told him to up his nose.

I doubt the show will live on much longer, though.

Great

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
what. a. loss.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've enjoyed a couple episodes of Impractical Jokers, I don't think it's too bad, but my ex (who showed it to me) and I tried watching the feature film they did and we stopped 5 minutes in.

You'd think a show like this would just go the Jackass route and just to over the top poo poo that the show didn't have the budget for... except it starts off with a reinactment of how they met or something with them playing their younger selves. I presume the rest of the film was basically the same poo poo, maybe that was just the intro to the film and it went on to be what you'd expect but we didn't care to give it a shot. lol

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

If this forum was around in 1995 there would have been a mega thread about how The Simpsons actually sucks.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Why make any other hidden camera show when just for laughs gags exists

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vaginite posted:

If this forum was around in 1995 there would have been a mega thread about how The Simpsons actually sucks.

whats youre fave 8mprac5ical joker skit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Poasty posted:

Why make any other hidden camera show when just for laughs gags exists

Pretty much always in good spirits and watchable in any language because there's no dialogue to be heard. It's a great show

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

ilmucche posted:

Pretty much always in good spirits and watchable in any language because there's no dialogue to be heard. It's a great show

Yeah but if you watch it with a French Canadian who can read lips it's even better. Loved watching it with my dad growing up

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

What if all of this is one of their jokes and we're all getting pranked right now?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TruTV had a sitcom I watched only because the lead was hot. She was the therapist in Step Brothers.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

whats youre fave 8mprac5ical joker skit

Sal at the book reading with that ringtone, sal having to do a terrible stand up set, sal having to play those affirmations in the waiting room, basically anything where sal has to embarrass himself in front of people because you can tell he’s genuinely mortified the whole time.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Hi everyone Joe is this episode’s big loser and were here today at Yonkers Metropolitan Court House for his punishment

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

my brother loves this show but he’s mentally disabled so that might play into it somewhat

My brother likes it too and while it might be a stretch to call him mentally disabled he does have brain damage from alcoholism.

I haven't watched a lot of it but to me it seemed sort of like Jackass but without the stunts. My dad has watched it along my brother and his attitude is "Ugh, these four wankers..." I actually found that odd because I've caught him watching Big Bang Theory with a big goofy grin on his face.

The guys do seem sort of annoying but I watched one of them interview a bunch of bikers and then asked if they would give him a wedgie. He irritated them so much that they happily obliged. I'll admit I found that funny.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Valko posted:

My brother likes it too and while it might be a stretch to call him mentally disabled he does have brain damage from alcoholism.

That's a deep cut for a throw-away thread, Valko.
What up with your brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

That's a deep cut for a throw-away thread, Valko.
What up with your brother?

He's the sort of alcoholic who never gave himself a break and refused to eat when he was drinking. This often led to him having seizures when he was in withdrawal. They could happen at any time, which often meant he fell to the ground and hit his head. A few years ago he had a particularly bad one that left him in a coma for a few months.

And he's still drinking.

It's not something I bring up a lot in GBS but I do talk about it occasionally in E/N.

He's not a drooling vegetable yet so my mother and I haven't given up on him but most of the rest of my family members have.