Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So far not a huge fan of the maps from the handful that I've played. Also really gotta jack the mouse / ADS sensitivity up a ton. But pretty fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Definitely digging this so far and I can see this game being pretty big. The gunplay feels very good and there is a ridiculous amount of content for only $15. So far every server is full and the VOIP has been active and often hilarious. First game in a long while that got me to dust off my mic and communicate with pubbies in game.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I play tested this a long time ago and bought it today. It’s pretty good. It gives me some Battlefield 2 Karkand vibes and the chaos can be fun, just don’t take your deaths very seriously. Real teamwork is a tall order even on public 32v32 games like BF4, so don’t expect it here. The maps leave some to be desired, they seem a bit too dense around the capture points. But it’s a great chaotic BF style shooter.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I love dragging enemies off while they recite forest Gump lines or similar

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I love dragging enemies off while they recite forest Gump lines or similar

Me and another guy kidnapped each other back and forth to bring the other back to their medics. It was both surreal and extremely funny.

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018
everything I want in a shooter, can't wait for what is to come on this one. Wouldn't mind finding some goons to squad up with. My steam is theh1po.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This game is obscenely good for basically being "three people, blender, and unity the game" and reminds me of 1942's desert combat in both the good ways and bad!

I think my minor issues with the game will get settled out with more dev time, just wonkyness with the UI mostly, the only major issue I have is the map design in the game feels very symmetrical at times and the lack of armed fast movers and spawn on flag basically make most of the bigger maps a giant death ball in the center and every now and again some dude gets the bright idea to take a helicopter to back cap someone.

I will say one map felt so similar to strike at karkand I was thinking for a moment that they literally ripped it off so it's not like they can't design atleast one good map.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Frontline is a really fun mode, surprised more people don't vote for it. It's a nice break from the merry-go-round of conquest.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The cash game mode is pretty fun. Try it if you haven’t.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rusty posted:

Frontline is a really fun mode, surprised more people don't vote for it. It's a nice break from the merry-go-round of conquest.

I've only run into frontline twice so far, but each time the issue was that the round was over in like 10 minutes flat as the attackers just rolled through. Might be a matter of the map, perhaps.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Do each of the classes have different "deployable" equipment?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Still figuring it out but engineer gets repair and rockets, support large ammo and probably something else, assault light ammo and grapples, recon binocs and fake glint thing, squad lead can build respawn terminals, medic can heal.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Still figuring it out but engineer gets repair and rockets, support large ammo and probably something else, assault light ammo and grapples, recon binocs and fake glint thing, squad lead can build respawn terminals, medic can heal.

to add to the list, Engineer gets AT Mines, support gets a small ammo box, and medic gets all the bandaids anyone will ever need.

WhoIsTheDrizzle
Apr 17, 2006
Hamster Sex.
If anyone is looking to play with other goons.

https://discord.gg/ZbRNj3VNPn

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Is there's any way to resupply vehicle ammunition and/or drones without dying or returning to spawn? I'm assuming no but I wasn't to make sure I'm not missing something

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I don't know why but I'm having a hard time seeing people. I feel like I'm getting popped instantly and always from somewhere I can't see. I thought it might just be large maps but I get this in 32 v 32 as well. Everything kind of just blends together graphically so I don't know why I stand out so much.

I'm also feeling the lack of minimap real bad. Even if they're not gonna show enemy pings there it would still be nice to be able to see objective layout at a glance without opening my map. Though I'd also still like some kind of ping system like in Battlefield I'm not sure how many others feel the same way on that.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Pings and a minimap would help, yeah.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Does the game auto-assign points to squads? Seems like it always has a point ready so I doubt the SLs are all that on the ball. Is there a way to change the assignment? What is unique about the SL loadout? I see people stuck as SL being medic or whatever.

Edit: Looks like the SL gets a couple unique gadgets like the drone, also seems you can middle click a point to have it marked for your squad.

Space Jam posted:

Pings and a minimap would help, yeah.
Middle mouse is ping, if you hit an enemy with the ping it turns red and is on the map as well I think. If you ping a vehicle, the ping actually follows the vehicle and shows on the map. The drone spotting also shows enemies on the map. Maybe the binos I unlocked do that as well.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 18, 2023

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
Absolutely love this game. We should get some kind of dedicated server up if we can.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I fully intend to host one once they get that sorted out. I’m hoping I can hit “good enough” with my Proxmox hardware but who knows.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Picked this up out of nowhere due to the price. Was having some fun figured things out when I heard gunfire in the building next to the one I was in.

I took out the sledgehammer and tried to knock a hole in the wall between the apartments and was shocked when it actually worked. So shocked I didn't take my gun back out in time and the guy I surprised shot me in the face.

Sold.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

One thing that keeps annoying me is that it's apparently impossible to just double click on a spawn point to just deploy there. So many times I'd select a guy to spawn on, and have them either die or be marked as in combat just as I'm mousing over to the deploy button :argh:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I probably posted this back in the playtests but it's amazing how this small indie crew can make a better Battlefield than EA

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

Perestroika posted:

One thing that keeps annoying me is that it's apparently impossible to just double click on a spawn point to just deploy there. So many times I'd select a guy to spawn on, and have them either die or be marked as in combat just as I'm mousing over to the deploy button :argh:

Discovered you can just press space bar to deploy instead of having to click on the deploy button :science:

Also found out that rebinding your keys doesn't override the original input. So if you are a medic you can bind your healing and drag to the same key so that you can revive and drag at the same time. Dragging and revives also apparently work through walls/floors and your teammate will just respawn next to you when revived.

pootiebigwang fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 18, 2023

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Game's blowing up all over the internets.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Funny as gently caress that three people in a shed accomplished in seven years what DICE has failed to do in almost a decade.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
i still like Battlefield games and I am glad there is a market for more than just Dice games, no one makes games like this except Dice and the slightly similar Hell Let Loose.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

WhoIsTheDrizzle posted:

If anyone is looking to play with other goons.

https://discord.gg/ZbRNj3VNPn

What times do y’all usually play?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Picked this up on the recommendation in a goon discord.

Question: What causes scope glint? Is it specifically sniper rifles? Is it specifically long range scopes? Or is it the sniper class specifically?
I don't see a property in the attachments or weapons that says scope glint.

Griz
May 21, 2001

BeAuMaN posted:

Picked this up on the recommendation in a goon discord.

Question: What causes scope glint? Is it specifically sniper rifles? Is it specifically long range scopes? Or is it the sniper class specifically?
I don't see a property in the attachments or weapons that says scope glint.

i heard someone say it's only long range scopes, same as battlefield. roll agoc and snipe all the chumps who can't tell where you are.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s “high powered” (read: “above medium”) scopes with glint. Medium and lower do not have it, apparently. Grain of salt as that’s sourced from the community; afaik the game doesn’t say.

Side note, turns out the lead dude Doki used to be a direct report to an acquaintance of mine for the popular VR game Onward. Apparently he left to come make this and it seems to have been the right call. Small world.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Warbird posted:

Side note, turns out the lead dude Doki used to be a direct report to an acquaintance of mine for the popular VR game Onward. Apparently he left to come make this and it seems to have been the right call. Small world.

Lmao talk about falling upward

inb4 Battlebit becomes more optimized than Onward

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It never fails to amuse me as to how the motley collection of goobers that were the KSP1 dev team keep popping up and Kevin Bacon-ing themselves all over. Though that’s likely a function of the size of the industry more than anything else.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

This game loving kicks rear end I’m really enjoying it, I think my sole criticism is the unlock times are quite substantial unless you’re only spending your time in small map infantry only grindhouse matches. Anyway, it’s extremely funny that they basically stole a bunch of BF maps outright but slightly better and so it just feels like running around a grey box for 2042 only infinitely more fun. I forgot how much I missed the battlefield series since the last good one, BF1

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ttk seems v low. Of course i dont know the maps well yet, that doesnt help

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
New CoD: rear end
New Battlefield: rear end
Squad: $60

Roblox battlesquad: 6/5 must recommend

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i'm cool with the graphics because it means the game runs at 120fps even on huge servers with chaos everywhere

also, low TTK fuckin sucks when I get sniped out of nowhere, but owns when I can get headshot kills from miles away with a lucky spray of my AR

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 19, 2023

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
After foolishly attempting to play a class that requires shooting, I have instead settled back into the role of medic. My job is now to crouch behind cover, reviving and healing my teammates as they get popped, all while making extremely funny commentary that I am positive they appreciate. If I am ever required to engage an enemy, I die. Game good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

1stGear posted:

After foolishly attempting to play a class that requires shooting, I have instead settled back into the role of medic. My job is now to crouch behind cover, reviving and healing my teammates as they get popped, all while making extremely funny commentary that I am positive they appreciate. If I am ever required to engage an enemy, I die. Game good.

I'm currently playing on my Steam Deck and I'm absolutely getting out gunned (haven't been able to get gyro working) but I'm having a blast dragging people to safety and healing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

getting stuck in a 127 vs 127 death hallway as a medic and frantically trying to save people with local voip going is one of the most fun, and funniest, online gaming experiences i've had in a long time. this game rules