Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

kntfkr posted:

sounds like maybe alcoholism + maybe eating disorder no one knew about. severely depleted potassium & magnesium levels + enlarged heart. brain lost oxygen for 10-15 minutes.... they eased her off sedation and she never wound up responding to stimuli so pulled the plug.

i would like to cry and have been listening to radio cure by wilco cuz that song usually does it but i'm like too exhausted or something

drat. Many condolences to you :sympathy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm very depressed and in pain all the time (migraines and nerve issues in my hands/forearms) and really stressed at work, but what put me over the edge was that my microwave broke and I couldn't make oatmeal this morning.

Update: I cried because my dad went to Target and bought me a new microwave.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

kntfkr posted:

sounds like maybe alcoholism + maybe eating disorder no one knew about. severely depleted potassium & magnesium levels + enlarged heart. brain lost oxygen for 10-15 minutes.... they eased her off sedation and she never wound up responding to stimuli so pulled the plug.

i would like to cry and have been listening to radio cure by wilco cuz that song usually does it but i'm like too exhausted or something

edit: deleted.

No. I made this post comparing your friend to my brother and it sounded like I was all 'woe is me'.

I'm truly sorry about your friend. My brother is still alive.

Valko fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 18, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
^^^ ahhh, yeah that sucks. it's hard to force someone to take care of themselves if they don't give a poo poo and it sucks to watch. sorry you're going through that. hope he can turn it around

she actually had a husband but they were codependently alcoholic sounds like. what kinda fucks w/ me is she reached out for a referral to my ayahuasca cult like a month ago & i did - i referred her. they even reached out to her real quick & just as quick she got cold feet about the airfare and cost of the ceremony etc and backed out. i was kinda pissed and told her to stop drinking. she said she wasn't ready to but wanted to cuz she wanted kids. and that was our last conversation. part of me thinks that if she had committed to tripping balls with me this friday & stopped drinking that day in preparation she'd be fine now..... but if she wasn't eating then who the gently caress knows. it sucks. i feel bad for her brother. she was the last family he had

You Are A Elf posted:

drat. Many condolences to you :sympathy:

thx fella

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 18, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Valko posted:

edit: deleted.

No. I made this post comparing your friend to my brother and it sounded like I was all 'woe is me'.

I'm truly sorry about your friend. My brother is still alive.

no, it's cool. we're sharing. i don't wanna be woe is me either. i'm not woe is me. just sharing. it's cool. we're cool

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

That trills guy got probated again. Pretty tragic. My Heart pumps piss. :qq:

Extremely Penetrated
Aug 8, 2004
Hail Spwwttag.
It was because of a Thursday night driving home from work. I should have pulled over because I couldn't see through the tears. Friday was going to be my last day, nine years in. Saturday was going to be when I left my wife, cats, everyone, to go fly 14,000km away to try to make a new start for us. I didn't have any contacts or prospects, just a tourist visa. I was terrified of failure and wanted to bail.

Three years on and things have worked out so much better than I'd hoped. The pace is chill, the view is unbelievable, our jobs are good. There's no annual cadence between loving snow and swamp heat. And we'd almost given up after a decade, but somehow there's a feisty baby girl coming any day now. So yeah I teared up a bit today thinking of that drive home.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Had the best workout of the week yesterday, but woke up today not feeling sore at all. A workout wasted :cry:

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
daily I exchanged several page-long messages with a guy i had a massive crush on for 8 months. he lead me on in several ways over that duration

only for him to tell me he just sees me as a friend

cut him out 3 months ago and I’ve been sobbing about it every day since

it seemed the stars aligned and I put everything into it thinking I might some day marry him. I never even had a foot in the door I guess

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 18, 2022

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Update: I cried because my dad went to Target and bought me a new microwave.

happiness is a microwave from target.

unpleasantly turgid posted:

daily I exchanged several page-long messages with a guy i had a massive crush on for 8 months. he lead me on in several ways over that duration

it seemed the stars aligned and I put everything into it thinking I might some day marry him. I never even had a foot in the door I guess

don't put the penis on a pedestal.
seriously, you sound very naïve and self-loathing.

i'm a romantic who writes daily love-literature and if you think that requires the stars to align for the people who want to marry me, you're very much mistaken. relationships require work from both partners, not celestial alignment.
placing a transcendent value on partnership is a delusion you'd be well served to rid yourself of. there are lots of people you could be happy with and this guy does not sound compatible with you, from your own description.

cry, mourn, feel better and move on. you'll be fine.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

drat dude, that's rough. anywho, what's middle school like these days?

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Big Beef City posted:

Why are you texting or contacting someone like this you loving creep?
Don't do that.
What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

"I knew this would disturb them and cause me an infinite spiral of melancholy at the very least and so, ever the optimist, I did it." gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ah snap I've finally been beefed. It's just as gross as I was always told it would be. Guess this'll give me something to cry about today

Edit: For the record, I didn't start the exchange. But "just sever" is classic E/N advice yes.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

STABASS posted:

lol, only a goon would think that it's abnormal for a single adult to get a crush on someone. It's pretty much how most relationships begin dude, someone realizes they are interested in the other one. And nothing wrong with being let down that they aren't interested in you.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Biohazard posted:

lol, only a goon would think that it's abnormal for a single adult to get a crush on someone. It's pretty much how most relationships begin dude, someone realizes they are interested in the other one. And nothing wrong with being let down that they aren't interested in you.

cool, what month of texting are you on?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
started a new CSR contract and still in training with a pretty solid government contract, finally doing practice certification which is all practice calls. feel mostly ready but the dude doing them is the trainer is a kinda of codecending dude and i get placed with a nice dude who kinda mumbles his way through them, he gets every easy call and compliment and then i get every curve ball harder stuff and i feel like he kinda switches up different types of calls and if i make a mistake i am left to hang while he basicaly lets the other dude skate. idk i think alot of it is me projecting and i am sure i will get past it but i am just tired.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

STABASS posted:

Go troll en rear end in a top hat

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

Go troll en rear end in a top hat

this is what made me cry today :(

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

STABASS posted:

this is what made me cry today :(

Now we are in an infinite crying loop
:cry:

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
I was having a decent week until the new manager at the gym suspended my membership after I tinkled on the mat again. The last guy, Ruben, would help me clean it up, Kevin is a dick and I've been bawling all afternoon.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Watched The Lost Valentine, a Hallmark movie starting Betty White as a WWII widow who would wait at a train station daily for her husband to come home, and Jennifer Love Hewitt as a news reporter that is covering her story.

Betty White’s performance at the end made me start with the waterworks, but the military honors triggered the memory of my dad’s memorial service with the flag draped coffin and “Taps” being played, and I just lost it. He’s only been gone since November, and I miss him daily.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Well, ya fuckin got me, OP. I cried this morning and didn't even realize I needed to have a healthy cry.

I lost my dad when I was 19 and my mother when I was 24. It sucked and still sucks. But anyway, I wasn't crying about them or some memory about them, but about something my uncle said to me.

I can do really simple car maintenance tasks like replacing bulbs/batteries, changing oil, putting on a spare but I'm absolutely tool-dumb and anything more than that is usually beyond me. Well this particular problem was beyond my ability and time sensitive because it was going to prevent me from being able to work. I was at the point where I resigned myself that I'd come to the limits of my knowledge and the tools available to me. Usually in that situation I'll have to ask my uncle to come help, which he always can and will, maybe just not right away.

Well, he helped me at least diagnose the problem over the phone and give some advice for what to look for. I watched a few YouTube videos, and by gawd I did the job myself, so I texted him that I wouldn't actually need him to go out of his way and do it for me (again) because it was fixed.

He replied "good job, got it done yourself, proud of you." So why'd I cry? I think that might be the first time since losing my parents that someone meaningful in my life said they were proud of me. All of that happened on Monday and I cried about it today, but :unsmith:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
star trek strange new worlds season 1 episode 3 ending

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

I'm sorry. I've had a similar situation in the past. It's lovely. it was an ex, that kind of acted like she wanted to be together, again. turns out her bi-polar disorder isn't being treated right, so it's like a rollercoaster every week. Stay strong.

STABASS posted:

nah, you're just a jerk. gently caress off.

e- I'm assuming from your comment. You could be an awesome human being. But your comment was trash.
Congrats on not having any heartbreak since you were like 11.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 20, 2022

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I cried today because I've hosed up my marriage by being an angry piece of poo poo for years and not doing enough/anything to stop and now my wife is thinking about leaving me.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Total Party Kill posted:

I cried today because I've hosed up my marriage by being an angry piece of poo poo for years and not doing enough/anything to stop and now my wife is thinking about leaving me.

Sorry for you, bud. I got lucky enough to get pushed into therapy for anger issues when I was a teen. Now, I just deal with depression and anxiety.

Maybe you can fix it, maybe not. But, I can commiserate.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
who has time to cry when you're too busy muttering things to yourself and not really noticing yourself until after the fact due to extreme anhedonia so you interpret the voices as hostile intrusive thoughts kind of like a doppleganger doppler effect causing you to question your entire sense of psychic integration and even the fabric of reality itse :justpost:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

STABASS posted:

STABASS posted:

Just a heads up I'm going to start probing unnecessarily dickish posts in this thread even if they aren't three in a row. Fer crissakes, read the room, people.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Things I haven’t cried about that I probably need to have a good sob over: stress at my job, long covid, guilt/anxiety over creative endeavors and letting people down, realizing I can no longer envision myself ever having long-term human companionship

Things that actually made me have to fight back tears: the Godzilla King Of The Monsters final trailer

I don’t know why I’m like this.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm not a big crier but man I love my dog a lot.

SayHelloToParsley
Jan 14, 2018

I have been crying off and on in the evenings for the past couple of weeks because my oldest dog is most likely going to have to be put down soon. Her hand legs are starting to go out and she has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and cushings in the last month. She no longer let's us know when she needs to use the bathroom so we have to follow her almost any time she gets up. It feels lovely just knowing it is coming and it's for the best, but still is going to be rough. I can't look at her dumb old face without feeling depressed.

Oh, and I am also about to cry from frustration because that "Brand New Key" song from the new season of Kids in the Hall keeps creeping back into my head.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Ive been having lots of issues and am 36 and being adopted really want to meet my birth mother at this point but im kinda ashamed of who i am and have been putting it off for this reason and some others like how it will affect my relationship with my family. But its really getting to me and I dont know what to do!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Why are you ashamed of who you are?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Super painful poo poo. Hamburger helper leftovers for breakfast does not pair well with coffee.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Fallows posted:

Ive been having lots of issues and am 36 and being adopted really want to meet my birth mother at this point but im kinda ashamed of who i am and have been putting it off for this reason and some others like how it will affect my relationship with my family. But its really getting to me and I dont know what to do!

I feel like this is something you could explore with a therapist, but if so brace yourself for more crying. I have never not cried at a first therapy appointment.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

I feel like this is something you could explore with a therapist, but if so brace yourself for more crying. I have never not cried at a first therapy appointment.

does getting an in-depth psychological evaluation from a psychologist count as a therapy?
i mean, i didn't cry either way but i've never had 'therapy' so i'm grasping at straws here.

can you date your therapist? because i feel like that could kill a couple birds with one stone if so.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Honestly I only restart therapy when I'm already in a pretty bad place so it doesn't take much to get me crying at that point.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

My power went out for an extended period of time while I was away the last few days and I was forced to throw out all my cheese, even the party tray and yet-yo-be-nibbled fancy blocks.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I cry a lot. Sometimes I'm sad or pissed. Sometimes I see something so breathtakingly beautiful it just starts leaking out.

There's no shame in any of those but I'm not allowed to watch Disney anymore.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I listened to some Pat the Bunny songs and cried because they are sad af. I feel for the goons with worse problems than the ones I have. Following this thread to learn what I can from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Fallows posted:

I already sent you a PM to apologize, but as I stated earlier in this thread, I'm trying to be a better person - not only to my wife but to strangers and friends alike and I felt compelled to address it publicly. Fallows, if my response to you sounded at all aggressive or cynical I am extremely sorry. I hated to hear that you feel ashamed of yourself and sincerely meant to have a dialogue with you. I'm sure that you aren't worthy of self-shame and would encourage you to meet with your birth mother - no mother would be ashamed to meet the adult her child has become. My PMs are open if you would like to discuss this further and welcome any feedback.