Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sb hermit posted:

I almost always see chorizo with egg in breakfast burritoes in my town because we have a high density of hispanics. And then there's the del taco chorizo burritos and the starbucks chorizo breakfast sandwiches. It's popular because it's different and it tastes real good. I don't think prices factor into it at all.

Sure, it might be cheaper, but not as cheap as just not including it on the menu and instead using more egg.

the poster is saying it's an open-cased sausage and mixed with eggs as a standard. there are no chorizo hot dogs, for instance

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

i say swears online posted:

the poster is saying it's an open-cased sausage and mixed with eggs as a standard. there are no chorizo hot dogs, for instance

to be clear, I'm not arguing with anyone here. the way they see chorizo prepared is how I see it as well, and I would find it odd to see chorizo without eggs.

I'm just chiming in with my experience. Basically saying that chorizo is a common ingredient with eggs and should not necessarily be considered "cheap".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm just confused at anyone that's seen it prepared without eggs, since that's all i know

also chorizo is a sausage, it's absolutely meant to be perceived as "cheap". that's what sausage is! if you've ever paid a bougie restaurant for some classy chorizo you got ripped off

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's pretty common to see it without egg now here, at "elevated mexican food" or fancy pizza places or any of those quick service pizza or custom salad places have eggless chorizo; it's the nacho fries of sausage. This is why I became confused.

I also would like a thread about the noodle adventures mentioned above.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I have never eaten chorizo WITH eggs and now I feel stupid for not even thinking of trying it. I have some in the freezer and I may give it a shot soon. My go to order at my local restaurant is Chory Pollo. That is grilled chicken breast topped with homemade chorizo and melted cheese. It is also has rice, refried beans, and tortillas. It is good af.

----------------

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Nostradingus posted:

Make a thread. We need to know about the noodle cups.

Can’t be done with cup noodles, but with brick ramen, here’s the ultimate preparation. Instead of adding the seasoning packet to the water, put it in the bowl and mix it with a tablespoon of mayonnaise and an egg yolk until it forms a thick paste. Cook your noodles the normal way, then pour the cooking pot, water and all, into the bowl. The combination of the flavor paste with the starchy water will turn the soup into a velvety, rich broth that clings to the noodles.

If you want to splash out a bit, adding some S&B Umami Crisp, which is basically chili oil and fried garlic, to the top will take it to the next level. Other garnishes will only further enhance as available.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Or go "Huh, I wonder if this Lao Gan Ma chili crisp is any good?" and add a third of a jar to one cooked packet of ramen.

e. Poverty food, eggs and potato and a spoonful of Lao Gan Ma rolled in a tortilla is a pretty drat good breakfast burrito too.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 24, 2022

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Anonymous Robot posted:

If you want to splash out a bit, adding some S&B Umami Crisp, which is basically chili oil and fried garlic, to the top will take it to the next level. Other garnishes will only further enhance as available.

i JUST learned about S&B recently when usually using lao gan ma was my go to and while at first i balked at the price for such a tiny jar i have to admit it's All Killer No Filler when all you want is the garlic and none of that "was that a soy bean or my tooth" mystery crunch, real good poo poo

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I tried that trendy Fly By Jing stuff and it just tasted like spaghetti sauce. S&B for life.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
all the legit mexican places in town have chorizo for basically anything.. tacos, tortas, etc.

never seen it with eggs because the mexican joints are only open 12pm-3am usually and none of it is breakfast

its all cheap tho, doesnt matter if its chorizo, steak, tongue, chicken

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 24, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Nikumatic posted:

the tapatio instant noodle cup line is choice

love to put some shredded mexican cheese in them

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
always been a fan of the $1 beef yakisobas. occasionally would switch it up with the cheese flavor and add a bit of salsa to them :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Fleetwood posted:

spaghetti + butter

This but you use “butter” s&p and lemon juice packets from a gas/truck station or other fast food place.

Also lemonade from the lemon juice and sugar packets.

Frito pie is always a good choice if they don’t charge for the chili machine

Lots of cigarettes

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

One of my favorite recurrent meals this month has been poo poo-tier ramen ($.33 now apparently?) boiled in the microwave w/o seasoning packet. I strain off the water when the noodles are soft, and toss in a splash of soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, and hot sauce/sriracha and stir. Then I top with a scoop of sour cream and a dusting of parmesan from the shakey can, and stir again. It's a little elote asian fusion thing and it tastes pretty good! If it's 'dinner' I add a couple scrambled eggs, a hamburger patty, or some chicken nugs.

Haven't died yet!

----------------
ok

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

One of my favorite recurrent meals this month has been poo poo-tier ramen ($.33 now apparently?) boiled in the microwave w/o seasoning packet. I strain off the water when the noodles are soft, and toss in a splash of soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, and hot sauce/sriracha and stir. Then I top with a scoop of sour cream and a dusting of parmesan from the shakey can, and stir again. It's a little elote asian fusion thing and it tastes pretty good! If it's 'dinner' I add a couple scrambled eggs, a hamburger patty, or some chicken nugs.

Haven't died yet!

ate basically that just this week, though I use the $1 yakisobas because I'm rich.

Haven't tried it with Shakey Cheese but the random combo of Asian and or Mexican seasonings plus sour cream on cheap Convenience Noodles is extremely good and filling and cheap as gently caress

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Haven't died yet!

If you have access to a wok and want to make something nice, this is delicious and cheap: https://thewoksoflife.com/soy-scallion-noodles-cong-ban-mian/

Those fried scallions, gee whiz

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you wanna get even more unhealthy, pan fry your lovely ramen with oil after boiling the noods and dump as much of the flavoring packet in the pan as you want. Thats the good poo poo right there

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
made a box of velveta mac n cheese shells, sliced up half a slab of spam and fried them up, put them in the mac n cheese and it was delicious.

i think my veins are pure salt rn

Philthy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 2, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Philthy posted:

made a box of velveta mac n cheese shells, sliced up half a slab of spam and fried them up, put them in the mac n cheese and it was delicious.

i think my veins are pure salt rn

im violently making GBS threads just reading this

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im sure it would kill many of us in different ways, but i would die with a smile on my face

poo poo was good

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Single income household with Cali’s WIC and holyshit this system sucks, and I know that’s the point. If it worked everyone would be on it

----------------

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
scoop of whey + serving of whatever carbs you have around, i've been doing potatoes boiled in heavily salted water lately

can of refried beans ($.88 at aldi) fried up w rice

hot dog + pop at costco (dont have to be a member for the food court :whatup:)

----------------

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ziv Zulander posted:

ramen, so much ramen

rice a roni with chicken nuggets mixed in

ramen is where i mix in my chicken nugs with rice / pasta roni i mix in spam or summer sausage its cheaper then chicken nugs

a dreaded hamwort
Nov 12, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

Chicken leg quarters are always cheap. Mix a can or two of cream of mushroom with rice and a little water, put the leg quarters on top, bake until done. For some reason, no matter how much salt you add before it cooks, it will always need more when done.

Every time I try to bake chicken it sets off my smoke alarms and I end up frantically waving at the ceiling with a dish towel. :supaburn: I should try this and see if it works better, thanks!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I spend so much of my time cooking for my family, it really sucks when they just 'want' something else and don't eat any of it.

I grew up with Lays chips dipped in Spaghettio's and its still pretty delicious to me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im not sure why it even matters, or why i even want to know, but were the spaghettio's warm or cold

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sometimes warm, sometimes cold. It's an instant trip to nostalgia for me.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Just make sure if the chip breaks to mix it with the rest of the can and finish it, that's your meal for the day.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

*lifts up pinky hautily* i will never buy hormel chili

----------------

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

i say swears online posted:

*lifts up pinky hautily* i will never buy hormel chili

Wolf brand or bust. If I can't afford it I guess I don't get chili that day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I used to really like the turkey Hormel chili but they changed something and it's almost flavorless now. But I just dump the spicerack into it and it's fine.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Most of my chili eating consists of hormel w tabasco on top of hot dogs with like a lb of cheese.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

rndmnmbr posted:

Wolf brand or bust. If I can't afford it I guess I don't get chili that day.

I started trying canned chili recently and I prefer Hormel to Wolf having eaten 2 cans of each

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm a nalley thick man myself

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
haven't tried stagg yet

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm a nalley thick man myself

wtf is this

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wish Weinersnitzel sold their chili in cans

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

chili from an alternate dimension.

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
activate hobo mode.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dumping a can of wolf on cornbread or fritos is my go-to but it's still like $3 for two meals

----------------