Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Thanks for the tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Close the door.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
slam the rats in the door

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Open the door.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the delay! New post is up. :toot:

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

Shadow0 posted:

Sorry for the delay! New post is up. :toot:

All good! thanks for running the game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress sorry, was up at 4am for work today and read the thread at some point during my work day and then totally forgot to post when I got home because of course it hadn't updated since everyone was waiting for me to post, and then i was distracted with drinking while elections result came in. Post coming in a few minutes, sorry gang. I'm off the next three days (althugh god of war and Black Panther 2 will be taking up some time) so posting will be more responsive

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

gently caress sorry, was up at 4am for work today and read the thread at some point during my work day and then totally forgot to post when I got home because of course it hadn't updated since everyone was waiting for me to post, and then i was distracted with drinking while elections result came in. Post coming in a few minutes, sorry gang. I'm off the next three days (althugh god of war and Black Panther 2 will be taking up some time) so posting will be more responsive

Don't worry, I've also got a pretty busy schedule right now too, so I might also not be able to update every day. Honestly, things are moving way faster than I expected, haha.
My only worry is updating something when someone wasn't ready and wanted to do something. Hopefully, that hasn't happened.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
I'm so dumb. it took me until this very moment to realize why this game is called "the rat pack"

if you guys have any notes for me I'll gladly accept them! im starting the understand the rules a little better (I think) but I'm still struggling with the roleplay aspect

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just think about what your character would do in the current situation. Like right now, Sunny is off by herself dealing with these rats, so I'm flavoring the animal handling roll as teaching them tricks and playing with them, since she's a druid. When I post about her using spells, I'm ripping off animorphs and flavoring those rolls as her briefly taking on aspects of the animal or element she's channeling to get the effect.

One of the cool things about PBP is that you can go full comic book and talk to the other characters in between rolls in a single scene, like Spider-Man being able to get a three paragraph soliloquy in between punching two dudes.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Yeah, Rolland is slowly composing a ballad about the adventure while being a loud coward that doesn't really respect personal danger.

I just rolled some random character traits and try to work them into his actions and words.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
snip

fps_nug fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 15, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have done another George Lucas and went back and added in the net to the map and added a new version of the map with Ung under it to an earlier post, hehe.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sorry I haven't updated the game in a bit, I was busy and then probated, haha.
The next couple of weeks are also going to be a bit busy, so if I'm updating less that's why.
After that, I'll have a lot more freetime and be able to give the game a lot more focus. Sorry for all the slowness!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This time of year is always rough for games

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
600 ft is so far in these indoor spaces! Apparently in RAW, vision normally goes for up to a mile under normal conditions.
I was definitely being too stingy with the field of view; I wanted my surprises to be surprises :evilbuddy:, but it should be fine. Hopefully this is better now.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

Shadow0 posted:

600 ft is so far in these indoor spaces! Apparently in RAW, vision normally goes for up to a mile under normal conditions.
I was definitely being too stingy with the field of view; I wanted my surprises to be surprises :evilbuddy:, but it should be fine. Hopefully this is better now.

def speaking personally here but I'm super cool with you obfuscating secrets. apologies for my lack of 'proper' gameplay but using the time to observe more is helpful.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fps_nug posted:

def speaking personally here but I'm super cool with you obfuscating secrets. apologies for my lack of 'proper' gameplay but using the time to observe more is helpful.

No, it's fine. I should be giving you your full field of view. Honestly, I don't think it ruins anything I had planned anyway, and it would feel cheap if I sprung a trap or something on you because I wasn't giving you the vision you should have.
Don't worry though, you're doing perfectly fine.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I will be on vacation in Ghana for about 2 weeks. I've got all my stuff on Google Drive, so I should still be able to edit the map and do whatever needs doing. But if I'm a bit slower at updating, that's why. After that, hopefully we can get back up to full speed.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
nice! have fun!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Enjoy!!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Mykkel, you haven't posted since November. Are you still playing?
fps_nug, you haven't posted since January. Same question.
Sorry if my own slow posting caused you to feel like the game wasn't moving fast enough or abandoned or something.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Sorry I just noticed this. I did think this was dead, if it's not I will gladly refind the thread and rejoin.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mykkel posted:

Sorry I just noticed this. I did think this was dead, if it's not I will gladly refind the thread and rejoin.

Thanks!

I was going to PM fps_nug, but then I noticed they don't have the platinum upgrade. I tried buying them an upgrade, but I think I need them to apply it themselves. fps_nug, if you're reading this, I have a free platinum upgrade for you!
I'll PM Soonmot too if they're MIA a bit longer.

Sorry if things are too slow or I'm doing something wrong. I haven't done a play-by-post before. And the holidays really messed up the pacing quite a lot. Hopefully we can get things back into full swing if everyone wants to keep playing!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I've been trying to sort out fires at work before my baby got here and now she's here so I've got time to shitpost at 3am now!

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

Shadow0 posted:

Thanks!

I was going to PM fps_nug, but then I noticed they don't have the platinum upgrade. I tried buying them an upgrade, but I think I need them to apply it themselves. fps_nug, if you're reading this, I have a free platinum upgrade for you!
I'll PM Soonmot too if they're MIA a bit longer.

Sorry if things are too slow or I'm doing something wrong. I haven't done a play-by-post before. And the holidays really messed up the pacing quite a lot. Hopefully we can get things back into full swing if everyone wants to keep playing!

I'm so sorry life's been quite busy. I'd be very happy to get back into it if it hasn't been too long lol.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fps_nug posted:

I'm so sorry life's been quite busy. I'd be very happy to get back into it if it hasn't been too long lol.

I would be okay with starting it back up. I worked hard on those maps, haha.

Incidentally, I bought a platinum upgrade gift specifically so I could reach you, but then it turns out you can't just apply to someone else's profile. So, hopefully you redeem this before someone else sees it:
Code: C2CA81A-ECF24C95B1-7369A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer

Shadow0 posted:

I would be okay with starting it back up. I worked hard on those maps, haha.

Incidentally, I bought a platinum upgrade gift specifically so I could reach you, but then it turns out you can't just apply to someone else's profile. So, hopefully you redeem this before someone else sees it:
Code: C2CA81A-ECF24C95B1-7369A

Testing if it work?

Edit: yay! Thank you so much.