Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Shadow Temple was really :effort: all things considered. Definitely a lowlight in every regard. I think Bottom of the Well is going to be this LP's comedy apex, but then again we literally have no idea what's waiting for us on the other side of Gerudo Valley at this moment :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

nine-gear crow posted:

but then again we literally have no idea what's waiting for us on the other side of Gerudo Valley at this moment :ssh:

Prep some good burns about bad ocarina playing for spirit temple

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fellis posted:

Prep some good burns about bad ocarina playing for spirit temple

They did Spirit without me today, so you'll have to hope the new crew is as on the ball with the ocarina dunks as I am. But what I was referring to was the fact that the game kept crashing when we tried to go into Gerudo Fortress, so we literally could not get past Gerudo Valley

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

They did Spirit without me today, so you'll have to hope the new crew is as on the ball with the ocarina dunks as I am. But what I was referring to was the fact that the game kept crashing when we tried to go into Gerudo Fortress, so we literally could not get past Gerudo Valley

Perhaps the Gerudos don't like men with big hands?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 8: Shadow Temple :siren:

Shadow Temple...it turns out, kinda sucks. This isn't that different from the vanilla Shadow Temple, in fact it sucks for almost the same reasons!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm glad I made a reappearance for the shittiest dungeon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
> FP returns
> go to shittiest dungeon
> game won't stop crashing

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
That sure is a dungeon. :chloe:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I feel like the game crashing upon attempting to enter Gerudo Valley probably isn't the most egregious example of a puzzle introduced by Master Quest.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like the game crashing upon attempting to enter Gerudo Valley probably isn't the most egregious example of a puzzle introduced by Master Quest.

Now I'm imagining a game called Troubleshooting, which is just expertly woven layers of bugs and glitches that cause instant crashes, and the entire game is trying to disentangle them to figure out how to actually start the game, whereupon you win immediately.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Master Quest is dead. We stabbed it right in the rear end and it died.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hand size sliders are the leading cause of blade-related stabbing accidents worldwide. Please, think before you slide.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

nine-gear crow posted:

Master Quest is dead. We stabbed it right in the rear end and it died.

Your sword swipe was too big and arched right over it.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Well i’m 2/2 on half-remembering MQ bullshit and it not coming up at all, so maybe third time is the charm for spirit temple? I honestly don’t remember how different MQ is from the base dungeon though

I thought there was a small key hidden behind a random bomb-able wall in the boat room with no indicator that it’s there. I distinctly remember getting super frustrated and looking it up, maybe it was one of the other keys.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I was always super intrigued by Master Quest and now I see that...well, I didn't miss anything, really. Feels *exactly* like a lazy romhack.

Now complete with inexplicable crashes!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The Shadow Temple is the only one that stuck out to me as being believable as a sacred place for it's associated race. It's very much a gauntlet. Just keep going forward and make a slight detour here and there for keys, and dodge these traps. I headcanon it as a testing ground for Sheikah since they're basically elfen ninjas.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I promised a feature-length film before this was over and by god I intend to deliver so I hope you all are excited for 75 minutes of the Spirit Temple.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Artix posted:

I promised a feature-length film before this was over and by god I intend to deliver so I hope you all are excited for 75 minutes of the Spirit Temple.

good lord :psyduck:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Artix posted:

Oh... oh no...

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

azren posted:

Oh... oh no...

Yessssss, feed the Master Quest design right into my eyeballs. Can't wait to hear that little bell.

MQ Spirit Temple is special

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Artix posted:

Also, the bathroom doors have been locked, and you need to defeat a Lizalfos to unlock it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Spirit Temple still Best Temple

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I missed the Spirit Temple, so I'm also quite interested in seeing what happened that resulted in at least 70 some minutes worth of footage for it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 9: Gerudo Training Ground :siren:

Before we head to Spirit Temple, a brief pit stop as we get the Ice Arrows in GTG. It's...well, I'd like to say it's better, and to be clear, the fact that it no longer requires 9 keys means that it is. But much like Water Temple, sometimes "addition by subtraction" just turns into "subtraction".

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Wait, could Ice Arrows always melt red ice?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nope, that's a Ship of Harkinian feature. OoT Ice Arrows didn't really do much of anything, there's a special animation if you use them against Bongo Bongo but that's about it?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I think it was originally a rando feature that was backported to SoH once that was a thing. Most of the QOL stuff in the PC version stem from that.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Artix posted:

I think it was originally a rando feature that was backported to SoH once that was a thing. Most of the QOL stuff in the PC version stem from that.

This is in fact the case. Rando's had blue fire arrows for about half a year now in dev builds, but it was recently added to the official build. It gives the Ice Arrows some more weight, since blue fire is able to do more than just melt red ice - it can also break mud walls, like the kinds blocking access in Dodongo's Cavern and the four walls blocking Medigoron. Of course, you'd never know this if you weren't in the speedrunning or rando communities, since there's no realistic occasion in standard play where you'd have blue fire and not explosives or strength 1.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yo FP is playing Gold Quest

Stream's over, folks.

Artix fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 12, 2023

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 10: Spirit Temple :siren:

Well folks, we made it all the way to Spirit Temple, and by god they are going to have some puzzles in this dungeon if it kills the designers. The results...well, I suppose you'll see.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Artix posted:

Well folks, we made it all the way to Spirit Temple, and by god they are going to have some puzzles in this dungeon if it kills the designers. The results...well, I suppose you'll see.

I guess we could call them puzzles. It sounds better than calling them pain and suffering.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That key chest in the child area is a crime, IMO. Even if it's technically not required.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021
Are the nooks for the songs in the same order they appear in the pause menu? That's the only thing I can think of.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
MQ Spirit is one of those dungeons where it would be a huge pain in rando mode. I can just see progression being locked behind that child link key chest. Or behind the song puzzle. Or the lobby rupee chest.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The ocarina song puzzle was interesting, but too bad it amounted to jack poo poo and ran out of clues literally 3/5s of the way through it. Other than that, yeah MQ Spirit loving sucked. I'm glad we're done with this game as of the next update, assuming Artix doesn't split Ganon's Castle into two videos.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

That sure was an absolute clusterfuck of a dungeon. They really saved all their effort for the end, I guess.

The Oracle games have a couple rings that let Link punch things, IIRC, though I don't think they had the damage/range to actually be useful.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Twinrova is one of my favorite fights in the game but the ladies aren't too bright. All they need to do is sync up their attacks and Link is hosed. If Palom and Porom can do it, they can

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 14, 2023

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
43:16

Made the whole temple worth it.

It's what we've all been waiting for the whole LP.

At least, I think so.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Bit late, but the Master Quest deku tree scrub puzzle is still 2-3-1, sort of! Instead of 2-3-1 as "2nd from left, 3rd from left, 1st from left", it's "Left 2nd, center 3rd, right 1st"

The discussion on "what if two gohmas" reminds me of my favorite lazy romhack, Metroid Prime Double Trouble

Wow! Game design!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm sad that this got wasted on a romhack, because I'd be 1000% more on board with Metroid Prime 2 if it was named that.