Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Cloacamazing! posted:

Phooey, really? I was looking forward to spamming recipes for every player I voted. Then again, a shwiffles recipe would have me stumped.

Coward abandoning gimmick after the slightest bit of pushback ##vote clo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

*share cool things w ya'll

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

it's "Bababooey"

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

why isn't there a rule stating that any time anyone achieves a goal they must post a unique gif of a soccer announcer yelling "GOOOOOOL"

i move that we adopt this ancillary rule despite the negligence of our gamerunners

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bababooey?

Enjoy a delicious Charlotte Royale

GOOOOOOOOOOL! (Too lazy to look for a gif so imagine it in your head)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

:science: For clarification, there is no goal to meet because a goal card has not been played!

Goal cards are played like rule cards (they are played during the day, a new goal played will overwrite the prior one played).

quote:

- Goals: Optional objectives that, if met, will grant a boon to all players that do meet it. Only one can be active at any time, and they can be countered by playing a different Goals card. You can play goals all the way to deadline, but watch it - goals played after someone is hammered do not count!

Only the goal card active at the end of a given day counts for the boon; goals that are played and discarded have no recompense attached.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maybe I achieved a life goal Maerlyn

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Yeah, Maerlyn!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
personally i think if we want to create more equitable spaces in choral singing (and classical music in general) we need to reckon with the fact that traditional choral singing and choral music comes from a right-wing evangelical viewpoint. you can try to dress it up by singing protest songs in canon or whatever but right-wing Christianity still has a pretty huge stranglehold over choral singing. we let ourselves settle for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when we could support a religion that -doesn't- think queer people should just keep quiet about themselves at best. we are all cowards.

*ahem*

in conclusion, this post by obama is weird:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

is this content or not? why do i suspect the answer to that question is intentionally ambiguous and not in a good way?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Maybe I achieved a life goal Maerlyn

Some people have all the luck :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess I should read the op now

Also I made this Arroz con Pollo tonight and it was pretty good

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

personally i think if we want to create more equitable spaces in choral singing (and classical music in general) we need to reckon with the fact that traditional choral singing and choral music comes from a right-wing evangelical viewpoint. you can try to dress it up by singing protest songs in canon or whatever but right-wing Christianity still has a pretty huge stranglehold over choral singing. we let ourselves settle for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when we could support a religion that -doesn't- think queer people should just keep quiet about themselves at best. we are all cowards.

*ahem*

is this content or not? why do i suspect the answer to that question is intentionally ambiguous and not in a good way?

i told chatgtp to write a 500 word essay on the right wing roots of choral music. the results:

The origins of choral music are rooted in Western European tradition and can be traced back to the medieval period. During this time, choral music was primarily performed in religious settings, with the most famous examples being Gregorian chant and polyphonic music. However, choral music has also had political connections throughout its history. In particular, the right-wing roots of choral music are a complex and often overlooked aspect of the genre's development.

One of the earliest instances of political involvement in choral music was during the rise of the European nationalist movements of the 19th century. Nationalist movements emphasized cultural identity and unity, and choral music was seen as an ideal way to promote these values. Choral groups, often composed of working-class people, became symbols of national pride and cultural unity. This was particularly true in Germany, where choral music was embraced by the burgeoning German nationalist movement and was used to promote the idea of a German nation-state.

In the 20th century, choral music became associated with the political right in several ways. One of the most significant was the connection between choral music and fascism. Fascist regimes, particularly Nazi Germany, saw choral music as a way to promote the values of the state and to assert their authority. Choral groups were often used to promote the idea of national unity and to glorify the leader and the state.

In addition to its association with fascism, choral music was also connected to the political right through its association with conservative and religious values. Throughout the 20th century, choral music was often performed in religious settings, such as churches and cathedrals, and was seen as a way to promote traditional values and to provide a sense of community and solidarity.

Despite its right-wing roots, choral music has also had connections to progressive and left-wing movements throughout its history. For example, choral music was embraced by the American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s and 1970s, as it was seen as a way to promote the values of freedom, equality, and social justice. Choral music was also used in the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa as a way to raise awareness about the injustices of apartheid and to promote the cause of political and social change.

In conclusion, choral music has had a complex relationship with politics throughout its history. While its right-wing roots are often overlooked, the genre has also been associated with progressive and left-wing movements. Regardless of its political connections, choral music remains a powerful form of artistic expression that has the ability to inspire, to promote change, and to bring people together.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

I will send a plague of locusts unto the Midwest

I approve of this in general, but if that was about the potato salad, I'm German.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

shwinnebego posted:

##vote clo rules only require your first post to have a recipe, next post is tryhard

Bababooey

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I'M GETTING MIXED SIGNALS HERE, HELP! DO YOU PEOPLE WANT MORE CRAZY GERMAN RECIPES OR NOT?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Cloacamazing! (2): shwinnebego, ObamaAkbar.
saladscooper (1): Cloacamazing!
Sandwolf (1): saladscooper
My Second Re-Reg (0): shwinnebego, shwinnebego
Dick Bastardly (0): saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (7): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, Dick Bastardly, Hal Insandenza, My Second Re-Reg, Opopanax, Sandwolf

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2023 at 3 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 13 hours.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Eh, gently caress this, I've wanted an excuse to post that recipe anyway, so this will have to do:

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t have the read the op of this one right?

LUNCH ALL WHO REFUSE TO READ THE RULES! ##vote Sand

If I get vigged AGAIN because someone didn't read the rules correctly, there will be hell to pay. Meanwhile, let me show you my grandmatoher's recipe for delicious Sandcake

Mix 200g butter, 110 g sugar, 40 mL milk and 3 eggs together, add 130 g of cornstarch, 100 g flour and a tablespoon of baking powder. Mix well together and fill a square baking pan with it, bake for 50 minutes at 175 °C. After 30 minutes, cut a line along the top of the cake for the traditional shape. Top with powdered sugar, a lemon glaze or chocolate. You can also add chocolate chips to the batter, add lemon juice or mix half the dough with cocoa powder for a marble cake to vary the recipe up a bit, just make sure the batter contains at least 20 % butter/margarine and at least 20 % egg, anything else is in violation of German law.

As for why this is called Sandcake, apparently that's what bakers call a heavy dough. I always thought it was because the basic cake looks yellow like sand.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

saladscooper posted:

*ahem*

For D1 I don’t think its a bad reason to vote someone. Seems overly concerned about that first vote.

This vague shade throwing from you is also pinging me though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can we get the current rule(s) pinned to the top of the OP?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
bake ur rice

----- Oven Baked Basmati Rice
* 1 8x8 glass baking dish
* Butter (I like salted european butter for this)
* 2 tsp salt
* 2 cp basmati rice
* 1.5 tbsp freshly toasted cumin seeds, whole (optional)

- Rinse your rice in cold water several times, until the water left behind doesn't look very cloudy. let the rice soak in cold water about 20/30m
- Preheat your oven to 400* F / 205* C
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with your salt; amount of water does not matter, just make sure it's enough to completely cover your rice.
- Add your rice and parboil it for 6/7 minutes - as soon as the time is up remove your rice from the stove, drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process
- Coat the inside of your baking dish thoroughly with butter
- Taste your rice. If it needs more salt, add more salt. If using salted butter, take that into consideration.
- If using cumin, sprinkle about 1/3rd of the seeds on the bottom of the dish; layer in the rest as you add the rice to your baking dish
- Once the rice has been added press down slightly with your bare hands to compress the rice a bit then cover VERY TIGHTLY with aluminum foil and place into the oven
- Let cook for about 50m/1h; remove, discard foil & cover with towel until ready to serve

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Opopanax posted:

Can we get the current rule(s) pinned to the top of the OP?

This is done. Word of caution, tho, due to timezones I may not be around to edit OP to keep pace with the current rule/goal. When in doubt, check the "Announcements" channel in Discord, that one will always be updated by one mod or another.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opop if you don’t tell me who the scum are we’ll have to kill you

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

it's true opop sorry we don't make the rules

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, obviously Sandwolf is one of them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And then two of his friends. Problem solved

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

And then two of his friends. Problem solved

Now who would call themselves my friend…

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

cloaca and obama seem scummiest to me rn but also most folks are lurkin' and most non-lurkers aren't yet votin' so

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Day 1 is bullshit anyway. Might as well spam recipes. Today I made some banana bread that I have no idea how it's going to come out bc I've heard that baking is science and I definitely just made some poo poo up

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

ok fine here's a tiktok recipe i made in the early pandemic days https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6933752674030587141

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ObamaAkbar. posted:

For D1 I don’t think its a bad reason to vote someone. Seems overly concerned about that first vote.

This vague shade throwing from you is also pinging me though

what pinged me about your vote was that i couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, like you were ready to take it either way based on how people reacted to it. and you pivoting into "it's serious actually" isn't helping your case tbh

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

shwinnebego posted:

cloaca and obama seem scummiest to me rn but also most folks are lurkin' and most non-lurkers aren't yet votin' so

i know this is probably a silly question because A) it's D1 and B) it's you but why cloaca

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

i know this is probably a silly question because A) it's D1 and B) it's you but why cloaca

Hmmmmmmmm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
hello friends

I found out today that I actually DID get in this game.

I'm not reading all that though so someone tell me who to vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

you tell us which cards you have before windmill slamming a vote on your favorite player

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Recipe:

You will need:

1 to 6 cheese
1 or 2 chicken
1 to 4 bread item
1-20 accompaniments(whatever you prefer)

Process-

Cook chicken, add accompaniment, melt cheese and mash all those things together.

Put in or on the appropriate amount of bread items.

You got a chickencheese.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CapitalistPig posted:

hello friends

I found out today that I actually DID get in this game.

I'm not reading all that though so someone tell me who to vote.

I love this game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

you tell us which cards you have before windmill slamming a vote on your favorite player

I have a card that makes me do a thing and then another one that makes me change a rule about how to post

SLAM ##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

I have a card that makes me do a thing and then another one that makes me change a rule about how to post

SLAM ##vote sandwolf

:blush:

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

She’s been suspiciously … reactive to votes and sus

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
well this is interesting. Cpig third vote scum vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dick Bastardly posted:

well this is interesting. Cpig third vote scum vote?

##unvote guess i gotta figure out who to vote for real now