Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Zoya posted:

this is bullying but i remain steadfast in my conviction to remove the abomination of unclear holiness and/or unholiness

I understand, I'd be threatened by my mafia genius and Voodoo as well

noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Voodoofly posted:

Little fly would murder me if I didn’t respect that defense

##vote hal it’s always a good option

Sheeping the unholy amalgamation... What could possibly go wrong?

##vote Hal

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Maerlyn posted:

I understand, I'd be threatened by my mafia genius and Voodoo as well

noooooo

It’s ok I talked some sense into us and jumped off your precious turbo

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Tired Moritz posted:

im hungry should i buy mcdonalds breakfast

What's your breakfast of choice?

Also I don't know if BK still has french toast sticks but those were ok, I did like the croissantwich

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i usually dont eat breakfast tbh :(

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Tired Moritz posted:

i usually dont eat breakfast tbh :(

it's this

i go to bed slightly hungry so that by the time i wake up my body has given up on receiving nutrition, and is no longer hungry, until maybe 4 or 5 hours after i got up at which point i just have a delicious lunch!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm having a chicken and waffle sandwich tonight but I didn't make it

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Opopanax posted:

Those best be dill pickles. Sweet pickles are an abomination.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They were pretty mild. Not as good as it looked, waffle was really dry and just kind of fell apart so I had to knife and fork it which defeats the purpose

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I think I will aggressively vote for people who obtain spices and don't share the ability descriptions with people.

Separately, am I correct in that the max possible available points right now is (30 + 50) = 80? There are no "available recipes" listed and this is my first Cookfia, so trying to understand the mechanics. Realistically 70 seems max. Cinnamon + Carraway blend looking interesting at the moment.

Is there any sort of timeline as to when those points will/won't be able to be acquired? Can I cook multiple versions of a similar recipe for multiple points?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SporkChan posted:

Those best be dill pickles. Sweet pickles are an abomination.

Even though we are newly minutes rivals I can’t help but agree with this sentiment

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Grandicap posted:

Any player, living or dead or spectators, can cook the dish and get points based on the recipe. Additional points may be awarded for creativity or flair, or if something goes horribly wrong or right. Photographic evidence to show you made the dish is required, step by step pictures are appreciated.

If it is not listed here, you don't get additional points for it.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Aka, RAW says you don't get additional points for making the recipe again

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

That also means the maximum available points is nebulous

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

There are two available recipes that need to be updated in the OP. The summer Salad and the dice. Which you already knew so idk your confusion there

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Oh I capitalized salad on instinct lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

And the timeline for the points being acquired is the timeline of that quoted passage from the OP being applicable.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

There are two available recipes that need to be updated in the OP. The summer Salad and the dice. Which you already knew so idk your confusion there

Well there have been mixed messages on dice nonsense.

quote:

:siren:The new big mechanic in this game is the Dice. For Secret Santa this year, Maer got me a set of foodie dice. Each day's flash deal will be a roll of said dice, or subset of the dice (there are 9 of them), you need to make a recipe with at least n of the components in the roll, and you get 5 points for each component you used.

"Flash deal" sounds "quick" and so if there's a timeline (or maybe limited number of redemptions) that would be really nice to know.

Points-wise, this suggested (initially) that 1 = 5, 2 = 10, ..., 6 = 30, 8 = 40, ..., 9 = 45.

Grandicap posted:

If you make something using 4 of these, you gain 20 points. Each additional 2 give you 5 more points. If you use all 9 you gain 40 points, 50 if it feels like nothing was added just because a die told you too but is actually a comprehensive dish.

We'll see if scoring on these evolves as the game progresses, but that is baseline.

But this says 4 = 20, 6 = 25, (7 = 25???), 8 = 30, and 9 = 40.

A 6-die recipe seems tricky and there's a world of difference between Thyme and Parsley!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Specific rules override general rules. The scoring for today's flash deal overrides the explanation of general dice scoring in the OP

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It's like you've never played a boardgame with 50 page instruction book before.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

It's like you've never played a boardgame with 50 page instruction book before.

Pfft, for those I've watched the 2 hours of rules explanation videos and read through the rulebook ahead of the 10-hour session.

For this one I didn't actually look at any of the previous 7 games and am trying to catch up while figuring out what, if anything, I need to buy tomorrow.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Johnny Keats posted:

Specific rules override general rules. The scoring for today's flash deal overrides the explanation of general dice scoring in the OP

OP should be up to date now, with actual scoring rules and available recipes.
Just because I wrote the OP doesn't mean I read it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Okay, until D2 begins. But spices don't activate until the next phase. So turbos are arguably worse this game, for folks who want to cook things? Strange.

Basically means that a D1 turbo probably hurts town a ton. Don't turbo D1! We need...8 today. So...

D1 I'll only vote people who put a 4th+ vote on someone else before we have (say 12 hours before deadline). Okay. I think I have a better sense of how things work now. Thanks, Keats & Grandi.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Turboing is a complete anathema to the Cookfia aesthetic, it shouldn’t even be brought up here

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Morning cooks let's get right to it with a summer salad so fast it got done before the game even began.

Chopped up some zucchini and fried them up with some cherry tomatoes. Seasoned them with a drizzle of soy sauce mixed with a pinch of sugar.

Then I briefly took out the veg to fry up a few strips of bacon and got them back on the heat once the bacon had a little color.

Finally add in some salad leaves so I can legally call this a salad and some mozzarella on top because why not just go full pervert.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Turboing is a complete anathema to the Cookfia aesthetic, it shouldn’t even be brought up here

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Illusionis posted:

Morning cooks let's get right to it with a summer salad so fast it got done before the game even began.

Chopped up some zucchini and fried them up with some cherry tomatoes. Seasoned them with a drizzle of soy sauce mixed with a pinch of sugar.

Then I briefly took out the veg to fry up a few strips of bacon and got them back on the heat once the bacon had a little color.

Finally add in some salad leaves so I can legally call this a salad and some mozzarella on top because why not just go full pervert.

looks nice!!!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Hell yeah we be cookin'!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Opopanax posted:

So does that count as a burger?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

what the hell is a broil

We talked that one over in the Discord and I think you need to grill something?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Also I am fully in favor of unholy or holy amalgamations, but also I really need to register that music league inspired nickname, so ##vote Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. (And he does hate power metal...)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Anyway, now to the actual point of this game: recipes!

SCUM WITH MUSHROOMS AND HAM BY LOLETA

INGRÉDIENTS
500 g of scum
1 onion
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Bay leaves
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 glass of white wine
250 g of mushrooms (I used shitake)
a splash of Chamomile
a bunch of parsley
100 g of ham without Bacon cut into slices

Pond Scum Cocktail
Mixed Drink Recipe from Cocktail Builder
1 oz of Vodka
1/2 oz of Bailey's Irish Cream (or Irish Cream)
3 oz of club soda (or clear soda)

Pour into a highball glass. Float Irish cream on top, and serve.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Since neither of those recipes are what Grandi asked for and also I still haven't figure out how to astuaremos the scum (stop the boil), so I can't cook the thing, here's the summeriest salad I could think of, at least after I decided not to make a potato salad:

Fruit Salad

Refreshing on a hot summer day.

You can pretty much use whatever fruit you like for this. Apples, bananas and pears make for a good base and should probably be the majority, but then you definitely need something with a stronger taste and more color. I went for apples and bananas, then apricots, a kiwi (should have used more kiwi), some reineclaudes and a carton of strawberries.

Peel and dice all the fruit. Do not eat half the kiwi. Even if it smells incredibly delicious and you really want to, do not eat half the kiwi!

Sprinkle with some sugar, add a generous helping of lemon juice to it and now it's time for the baseline of all the good recipes: PUT ALL THAT poo poo IN A BOWL AND MIX IT!

Cover and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.

Optional step: If your genes suck and raw fruit makes your mouth itch, a bread roll and lots of water help.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Hello, I am awake. I will be travelling most of today so I won't be able to cook or post until a bit later, though.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Since neither of those recipes are what Grandi asked for and also I still haven't figure out how to astuaremos the scum (stop the boil), so I can't cook the thing, here's the summeriest salad I could think of, at least after I decided not to make a potato salad:

Fruit Salad

Refreshing on a hot summer day.

You can pretty much use whatever fruit you like for this. Apples, bananas and pears make for a good base and should probably be the majority, but then you definitely need something with a stronger taste and more color. I went for apples and bananas, then apricots, a kiwi (should have used more kiwi), some reineclaudes and a carton of strawberries.

Peel and dice all the fruit. Do not eat half the kiwi. Even if it smells incredibly delicious and you really want to, do not eat half the kiwi!

Sprinkle with some sugar, add a generous helping of lemon juice to it and now it's time for the baseline of all the good recipes: PUT ALL THAT poo poo IN A BOWL AND MIX IT!

Cover and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.

Optional step: If your genes suck and raw fruit makes your mouth itch, a bread roll and lots of water help.

Ooh, those fruits look good.
...definitely gotta try that bread roll trick.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

WindwardAway posted:

Ooh, those fruits look good.
...definitely gotta try that bread roll trick.

Hey, fellow allergy haver!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Hey, fellow allergy haver!

Nothing can stop me from stuffing my face with delicious fruits 😏
Sometimes I get itchy, sometimes I don't 🤷 it's like a roulette game, I never know if I'll react! But I was told it will never be dangerous because it's a pseudoallergy, so I just continue eating things and hoping I don't die xD

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

What kind of a supermarket doesn't have asparagus 😭

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
This game is going to be a very difficult one

Because I'm going to be forever hungry looking at these delicious dishes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Weird request: if it doesn't confuse the days too much, so you think we could get the next day's dice rolls out as well for shopping trip purposes?