Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, cube voting me when me not posting around this time is a bit sus tbh

Hi good morning btw

Good morning let’s kill cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

shwinnebego posted:

Ref is town based on how they played poker w me earlier

Interesting.

shwinnebego posted:

I’m in an unconfirmed masonry w dick bastardly, I claimed Miller there d0 before the game started and he said he thought that was sus before agreeing that claiming Miller is generally good. Sus behavior imo, treating db as a scum mason suitable mainly for dog pics

I will say right now that there is another facet to my role as Miller that I am not claiming yet

Even more interesting.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

shwinnebego posted:

Good morning let’s kill cube

How about we eliminate someone else instead? Figuratively anyone else.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

How about we eliminate someone else instead? Figuratively anyone else.

True townies suggest killing literally anyone other than themselves

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Scum pedantically criticize people for saying they “could care less” (failing to appreciate that the turn of phrase is meant ironically)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

Scum pedantically criticize people for saying they “could care less” (failing to appreciate that the turn of phrase is meant ironically)

Using it ironically might be worse than just misusing it, have to think about this

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CubicalSucrose (3): saladscooper, Zoya, shwinnebego
Referee (1): CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
CirclMastr (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (0): shwinnebego, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, shwinnebego

Not Voting (9): CirclMastr, Dick Bastardly, Hal Insandenza, JosefStalinator, NeverHelm, Opopanax, Referee, spacing in vienna, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 16th, 2023 at 4 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
The pot is now 100 chips. (Votes cast when a player has no chips remaining do not cost chips and so do not contribute to the pot)

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 15, 2023

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Confirming everything shwinn posted about the mason chat and their claim. I just thought it felt like they might've been trying to manage my perception of their posting by making the claim in mason chat first instead of to the thread, but agreed that claiming right away (to the thread) is probably the best move as it generally promotes discussion and moves the game forward. I am currently null on shwinn atm. I think cube making a lurker vote this early is weird for sure but I'm not ready to commit my vote yet (I don't want to get used to voting all willy nilly and forgetting about managing my chip stack)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You can tell DB hasn't played recently because they think claiming miller day 1 isn't standard procedure because we have millers in every game nowadays

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Not shade, I just think it's neat

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
The correct answer is to be me and bust early so you theoretically have unlimited votes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

saladscooper posted:

The correct answer is to be me and bust early so you theoretically have unlimited votes

I mean for players that are technically vanilla I suppose that's the optimal play

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

saladscooper posted:

Thanks for the chips btw

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CirclMastr posted:

Thanks for the chips btw

I'm assuming this is a result of the oot poker game and I thought that doesn't impact our chip count in the mafia game? I really need to starting reading OPs when I sign up for games smh

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dick Bastardly posted:

I mean for players that are technically vanilla I suppose that's the optimal play

Oh no I’ve been found out

(For clarification I technically have a power, but it’s not a particularly consequential one)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm assuming this is a result of the oot poker game and I thought that doesn't impact our chip count in the mafia game? I really need to starting reading OPs when I sign up for games smh

Ok so our chip stack can be impacted by the poker game within a game heh :sweatdrop:

saladscooper posted:

Oh no I’ve been found out

(For clarification I technically have a power, but it’s not a particularly consequential one)

Hmm... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but it seems weird that you would willingly just vanilla yourself if you indeed do have a role (unless you are a lying scummo card shark!)

However lady luck does have a final say in the dealings of poker world so I can't blame you if you lost your chips in an earnest attempt to play at a chance to earn more.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Have to admit Cube is being a little weird with some of those votes, but Cube seems to do a different gimmick every D1. I haven't figured it out yet, so for for the moment I'm assuming the gimmick is "post kind of scummy in general". :shrug:

I'll wait to see if that trend continues before investing my precious, precious chips though. Yes, I know the cost is pretty minimal, but I'm a miserly bastard.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah what's the gimmick today, cube?!

Voting the coolest poster? :2monocle:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

saladscooper posted:

:sweatdrop:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah what's the gimmick today, cube?!

Voting the coolest poster? :2monocle:

My gimmick this game was to play poker D1 & start pushing for the orthowin.

That was...not successful.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Also lol at Opop starting with 5x as many chips as us. What kinda flavor is that? The house or the banker? Or the pro? Or the lockbox?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Using it ironically might be worse than just misusing it, have to think about this

Should probably vote Hal for questioning my sizzling take

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cube > db > Hal atm

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Is there really no deadline?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

NeverHelm posted:

Have to admit Cube is being a little weird with some of those votes, but Cube seems to do a different gimmick every D1. I haven't figured it out yet, so for for the moment I'm assuming the gimmick is "post kind of scummy in general". :shrug:

I'll wait to see if that trend continues before investing my precious, precious chips though. Yes, I know the cost is pretty minimal, but I'm a miserly bastard.

Squinting hard at neverhelm after being scum w him just last game. This is I think a town neverhelm post

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think cube is probably scum

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Opopanax posted:

I think cube is probably scum

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

Is there really no deadline?

oh. Maugrim?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Votecount for Day 1

CubicalSucrose (3): saladscooper, Zoya, shwinnebego
Referee (1): CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
CirclMastr (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (0): shwinnebego, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, shwinnebego

Not Voting (9): CirclMastr, Dick Bastardly, Hal Insandenza, JosefStalinator, NeverHelm, Opopanax, Referee, spacing in vienna, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 16th, 2023 at 4 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 23 hours, 19 minutes.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Shellception posted:

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 16th, 2023 at 4 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 23 hours, 19 minutes.

:blush::thx:

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Don’t think siv and Stalin have appeared yet

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to go ahead and claim because I can't figure out how to utilize this role without. So there are good poker players and bad poker players but it has nothing to do with alignment; I can Target bad poker players and have them all join a masonry with me. Apparently if I Target a good player nothing at all happens so in the interest of not wasting this, I'm just putting it out there. If you're a bad poker player and want to being a masonry, HMU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

my role flavor is some guys name who i am guessing is an irl poker player, will google to see if good or bad

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

p sure i'm a good poker player

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

but what do i know

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Joined a game while bored and lost all my chip stack in like 20 minutes. WOO.

Opop I wish I could join your masonry but apparently I don't count as either a good OR bad player. In game, that is; IRL I suck.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

shwinnebego posted:

my role flavor is some guys name who i am guessing is an irl poker player, will google to see if good or bad

You can ask the mod what you count as -- I did, because I wasn't sure from the phrasing of my pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CubicalSucrose posted:

It felt a bit better than saying "I'm on board with turbo'ing TMor, who has been scum in a bunch of recent games so I'm going to inappropriately apply the gambler's fallacy to suggest that TMor (known non-US player who is probably sleeping right now) is probably scum this game too."

That was too many words.

##vote Referee

I'd go back to turbo'ing TMor though.

Hoooo boy that was indeed too many words, esp the bit where you switch to voting someone who called out your lovely logic on a joke vote that didn't need logic to begin with

##vote cube

out of chips so votes are free I think??