Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hal Insandenza posted:

Cube sure sounds like the mastermind

honestly i think the mastermind would rather be a rank-and-file member of cube's proposed bloc than its leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I bet Cube is a member of SDHS Despair because he's lowkey posting like he thinks this is the game he modded with only competing scum teams and no town. Sorry Cube I'm town, and scumhunting is still a thing. ##Vote cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats posted:

I bet Cube is a member of SDHS Despair because he's lowkey posting like he thinks this is the game he modded with only competing scum teams and no town. Sorry Cube I'm town, and scumhunting is still a thing. ##Vote cube

No I think it's more like the other game I modded where flips actually didn't give any info.

##vote Keats

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Okay so I read the OP again a few times and I think I can break the game, slightly differently.

It relies on exploiting the plurality voting scheme.

Basically, we daisy-chain votes on each other so everyone has exactly one vote (or partner up, or sub-daisy-chain I guess).

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Okay so I read the OP again a few times and I think I can break the game, slightly differently.

Basically, we daisy-chain votes on each other so everyone has exactly one vote (or partner up, or sub-daisy-chain I guess).

Wait wait wait wait

Wait

Wait

By the rules does this kill literally everyone in the game?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Natural 20 posted:

Wait wait wait wait

Wait

Wait

By the rules does this kill literally everyone in the game?

I think so, which is why it's an unfun plan and I will not stand for it

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wow, I can't believe you bastards! You're even bloodthirstier than me! But, keep in mind - if the Mastermind wins because everyone dies, then everyone else loses, so plan accordingly!

I've updated the OP accordingly. Sorry for the confusion.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
oh i guess not only is it unfun it loses us the game

cube. i have a question for you

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

saladscooper posted:

oh i guess not only is it unfun it loses us the game

cube. i have a question for you

Go ahead, I'm listening.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I don't think that needed mod explanation.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Go ahead, I'm listening.

are u the mastermind

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

saladscooper posted:

are u the mastermind

No I'm not.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
i think literally killing everyone on day 1 would be extremely funny but not something we should actually do lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

fool of sound posted:

i think literally killing everyone on day 1 would be extremely funny but not something we should actually do lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
you just need to choose one townie, and then make sure to unvote them at the last second. bing bing, bong bong

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

No I think it's more like the other game I modded where flips actually didn't give any info.

##vote Keats

Why in the world would you think this is like Stepford Wives Mafia?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Johnny Keats posted:

I don't think that needed mod explanation.

What can I say? I'm as proud of this game as a father with his own children!

Stabby, stabby children.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

I think so, which is why it's an unfun plan and I will not stand for it

fool of sound posted:

Now see when I first read it I thought it just meant one big game of chicken at deadline, which could be fun lol

But not for anyone in a bad timezone who misses out

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Why in the world would you think this is like Stepford Wives Mafia?

The part where flips don't really help.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

The part where flips don't really help.

1) That is in the running for least notable aspect of that game.
2) A lack of flips is incredibly different from Stepford Wives so I don't even think it is comparable.
3) How do we know this game is flipless again...?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Johnny Keats posted:

Well, alignments aren't shown on flips except for the mastermind. The despair team scum don't show as such.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

1) That is in the running for least notable aspect of that game.
2) A lack of flips is incredibly different from Stepford Wives so I don't even think it is comparable.

1) I've been talking about a ton of other game aspects already.

2 and 3)

fool of sound posted:

Well, alignments aren't shown on flips except for the mastermind. The despair team scum don't show as such.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I know I’ll never forget when Keane got modkilled

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hal Insandenza posted:

I know I’ll never forget when Keane got modkilled

man that would suck

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

CubicalSucrose posted:

##vote Keats

Well, the MM still flips as MM, right? The rest of the game is flipless, though.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

CubicalSucrose posted:

I guarantee you the mastermind or a despair member will weasel out of it somehow lol

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I'm not totally against the idea of tying votes at the end of the day, like maybe two deaths instead of one (not the entire playerlist lmao), but since it's flipless, if we're wrong that's gonna cost us a fair bit.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

I'm not totally against the idea of tying votes at the end of the day, like maybe two deaths instead of one (not the entire playerlist lmao), but since it's flipless, if we're wrong that's gonna cost us a fair bit.

I should add, even though it's obvious: because the MM gets a nightkill too, or despair gets a kill if the MM dies. In the worst case scenario, we'd lunch two townies, and MM kills a third at night. That's not great.

The MM doesn't know who's a member of despair, though, right? Or do they? Trying to figure out if they're more like a mafia leader (because godfather is not the term I'm looking for) or if they're more like a serial killer cause everyone else needs them dead.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

mmm i hadn't considered intentionally doing an execution of a number of people between one and sixteen. my brain isn't working today i guess.

makes it so we don't need to choose between targets if it comes to that, but then maybe the safer play is to go one at a time until we can root out the mastermind, then start taking out swaths of suspicious folk to get shsl despair

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Any posters around? Guess not.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i'm around. haven't gotten any significant pings yet aside from cube's assortment of plans being misguided at best and veeery suspicious at worst, but it's early

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Salad would you vote Fool of Sound?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Johnny Keats posted:

Salad would you vote Fool of Sound?

I would not

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
looking through fos's posts i see some mechanics chat and a post about cube's meta

seems like content lurking to me, sure i'd vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

well in that case!!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WindwardAway posted:

But how would we even know? The whole near-flipless thing is making it kind of hard for me to find my usual fucks to give

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

saladscooper posted:

looking through fos's posts i see some mechanics chat and a post about cube's meta

seems like content lurking to me, sure i'd vote

Lol at calling someone a content lurker this early

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only crime I can identify so far is bad puns

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WAIT IVE GOT IT

The perfect synthesis of both stupid plans

Instead of setting things up to try and make everyone die at once, we set things up to make half the playerbase die at once. Then whoever screws it up is prolly the mastermind if they were in that half

I'll prolly spend the rest of the day deciding how much of this is joking or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
metagaming is dumb

find scum goddamn