Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Zoya posted:

i said i foresee it, not that i'd be the one doing it, as a paragon of beauty and grace i do not allow grudges to poison my gameplay in such an uncouth manner

hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

Here is my argument for Sandwolf/Zoya:

Sandwolf, Zoya, and I played Cartoon All Stars mafia together. Sandwolf won as 3P SK. Zoya said later in the discord that she "foresees many D1 dunks in his future". Zoya immediately vote Shwinn on game open.

I think Zoya doesn't want to vote her scum buddy Sandwolf!!!

Case Closed was conceived in 1994, during the rise of mystery genre manga due to the publishing of the series The Kindaichi Case Files; the first chapter appeared in the January 19 issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday. Aoyama cites the stories of Arsène Lupin, Sherlock Holmes and the samurai films by Akira Kurosawa as influences on his work.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
oh no now we are going to have to play the game of "is this a real PR or not"

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

as the most beautiful poster here i will only be voting people who claim to be more beautiful than me D1, i can't have any uggo pretenders to my beauty throne stinking up the joint

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

I really wanted to hmm those hmms, but actually that Zoya one pinged me a bit too.

I totally see Zoya voting Sand out of the blue as a scummate tho. It's the funnier way.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Zoya posted:

as the most beautiful poster here i will only be voting people who claim to be more beautiful than me D1, i can't have any uggo pretenders to my beauty throne stinking up the joint

To provide more than a general definition of the subject matter of aesthetics is immensely difficult. Indeed, it could be said that self-definition has been the major task of modern aesthetics. We are acquainted with an interesting and puzzling realm of experience: the realm of the beautiful, the ugly, the sublime, and the elegant; of taste, criticism, and fine art; and of contemplation, sensuous enjoyment, and charm. In all these phenomena we believe that similar principles are operative and that similar interests are engaged. If we are mistaken in this impression, we will have to dismiss such ideas as beauty and taste as having only peripheral philosophical interest. Alternatively, if our impression is correct and philosophy corroborates it, we will have discovered the basis for a philosophical aesthetics.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Your Personal Muse posted:

oh no now we are going to have to play the game of "is this a real PR or not"

Uh what?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Shellception posted:

I really wanted to hmm those hmms, but actually that Zoya one pinged me a bit too.

I totally see Zoya voting Sand out of the blue as a scummate tho. It's the funnier way.

how dare you even think about hmming my hmms

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

wologar's posting

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

To provide more than a general definition of the subject matter of aesthetics is immensely difficult. Indeed, it could be said that self-definition has been the major task of modern aesthetics. We are acquainted with an interesting and puzzling realm of experience: the realm of the beautiful, the ugly, the sublime, and the elegant; of taste, criticism, and fine art; and of contemplation, sensuous enjoyment, and charm. In all these phenomena we believe that similar principles are operative and that similar interests are engaged. If we are mistaken in this impression, we will have to dismiss such ideas as beauty and taste as having only peripheral philosophical interest. Alternatively, if our impression is correct and philosophy corroborates it, we will have discovered the basis for a philosophical aesthetics.

eeee?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wologar posted:

:hmmorks:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
##vote Shell

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar's posting

I didn't read that as a claim, if it is, I have actually zero idea what's it for either. I think wol is having fun, which is good (on mafia terms too)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

##vote Shell

Iiiiii!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(I'm sorry I couldn't resist)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Shellception posted:

I didn't read that as a claim, if it is, I have actually zero idea what's it for either. I think wol is having fun, which is good (on mafia terms too)

I'm assuming that it is not a posting restriction and Mr. Wologar is having a laugh

little does he know that mafia is serious business and cannot be taken lightly

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

mister wologar, tear down that wall!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

(I'm sorry I couldn't resist)

In the 1980s, Wayne Pearson was reportedly the first person to have used LOL while responding to a friend's joke in a pre-Internet digital chat room called Viewline. Instead of writing "hahaha," as he had done before when he found something humorous, Pearson instead typed "LOL" to symbolize extreme laughter.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

More like, beauty lies in the eye of the bean holder

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'm assuming that it is not a posting restriction and Mr. Wologar is having a laugh

little does he know that mafia is serious business and cannot be taken lightly

Nah, I don't think that's a posting restriction.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

okay but consider: it would be really loving funny if it were a posting restriction

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Zoya posted:

okay but consider: it would be really loving funny if it were a posting restriction

its true but given this is newbie friendly, I don't think there's mod mandated PRs, even if its a relatively simple "only use quotes from Wikipedia" PR

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Have like, none of you played with wologar before?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

In the 1980s, Wayne Pearson was reportedly the first person to have used LOL while responding to a friend's joke in a pre-Internet digital chat room called Viewline. Instead of writing "hahaha," as he had done before when he found something humorous, Pearson instead typed "LOL" to symbolize extreme laughter.

Context: I speak a very economical variety of Spanish. I once showed wol video evidence of how "¿eeeeee? Iiiiiiii" over here are a complete set of a question and answer, amounting to "What?" "Yeah"

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

its true but given this is newbie friendly, I don't think there's mod mandated PRs, even if its a relatively simple "only use quotes from Wikipedia" PR

The genealogy of the Muses is not the same in all writers. The most common notion was that they were the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, and born in Pieria, at the foot of Mount Olympus. However, some call them the daughters of Uranus and Gaea, and yet others daughters of Pierus and a Pimpleian nymph, whom Cicero calls Antiope, or of Apollo, or of Zeus and Plusia, or of Zeus and Moneta, probably a mere translation of Mnemosyne or Mneme, whence they are called Mnemonides, or of Zeus and Minerva, or lastly of Aether and Gaea.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

who's wologar?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

probably, but I think using memories of other games is cheating. i look up the rules for the first time every single game I play

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Zoya posted:

who's wologar?

You know him only as Alf.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Holy poo poo I'm dumb today, I read PR as "Power Role" and was like "....... ok how on Earth is that paragraph a role claim". It's "Posting Restriction" of course :doh:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane as his first post this game posted:

Sandwolf and Zoya are scum this game, book it.

CubicalSucrose as his first post in another game posted:

I will vote anyone but Sandwolf or Zoya today.

:tinfoil:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Shellception posted:

Holy poo poo I'm dumb today, I read PR as "Power Role" and was like "....... ok how on Earth is that paragraph a role claim". It's "Posting Restriction" of course :doh:

scum usually are on the hunt for power roles .................................................................................................................................................

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Shellception posted:

Yeah I've made the same mistake a few times. "Goon" is another fun overloaded term.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Here is my argument for Sandwolf/Zoya:

Sandwolf, Zoya, and I played Cartoon All Stars mafia together. Sandwolf won as 3P SK. Zoya said later in the discord that she "foresees many D1 dunks in his future". Zoya immediately vote Shwinn on game open.

I think Zoya doesn't want to vote her scum buddy Sandwolf!!!

this is correct ##vote sandwolf

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Shellception posted:

It's the most powerful role of them all: knowledge.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sandwolf must die

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Stream crossing frowned-upon.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CubicalSucrose posted:

Stream crossing frowned-upon.

wologar is right tho you are scum with sandwolf and zoya, its a sad state of affairs

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

It's the most powerful role of them all: knowledge.

The term "curse of knowledge" was coined in a 1989 Journal of Political Economy article by economists Colin Camerer, George Loewenstein, and Martin Weber. The aim of their research was to counter the "conventional assumptions in such (economic) analyses of asymmetric information in that better-informed agents can accurately anticipate the judgement of less-informed agents".

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

scum usually are on the hunt for power roles .................................................................................................................................................

Yep. And I thought it was weird someone mentioned it from nowhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also, yea, sorry for modvoice, but please don't. No other game but this exists.