Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

shwinnebego posted:

Lotta u freaks trynna sexualize a children’s comic, :eyeroll:

Also I’ve had like 4 people ask questions in confessionals that basically boil down to how I process night action interactions.

I’m using natural action resolution and if something unforeseen happens that isn’t easily dealt with by natural action resolution then I’ll decide what happens and u have to deal w it https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.ph...%20more%20cases

nice emotefail, BONEhead LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

got his rear end

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

shwinnebego posted:

Lotta u freaks trynna sexualize a children’s comic, :eyeroll:

Also I’ve had like 4 people ask questions in confessionals that basically boil down to how I process night action interactions.

I’m using natural action resolution and if something unforeseen happens that isn’t easily dealt with by natural action resolution then I’ll decide what happens and u have to deal w it https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.ph...%20more%20cases

I'm like 70! I'm allowed to!

Also, hell yeah :dealwithit: modding lol

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Shellception posted:

I'm like 70! I'm allowed to!

Also, hell yeah :dealwithit: modding lol

that emote is completely unreadable on dark mode lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shellception posted:

I just wanna make sweet sweet love to that rber ;)

Well I wouldn't want to CB your RB

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Zoya posted:

that emote is completely unreadable on dark mode lol

I was just zooming in and squinting and trying to puzzle it out

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I like the play from Shell

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Some folks haven’t said much still

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

The setup stuff is boooooring.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Somberbrero posted:

Who scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I mean, sure, I love trying to break the game!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

You. Call it vibes.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Somberbrero posted:

You. Call it vibes.

that can't be true, cube promised not to vote me today and since i'm town that means his decision is a town decision!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

facts but also don’t you create setups yourself? Wouldn’t you have more to say on that topic than me?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hmm. My worry is that scum are just going to blow their jugg now to kill the vig. I guess getting it out of the way early is a major benefit though; maybe at much a benefit as having the vig itself.

Actually, I was also thinking: is there any reason Phoney's player to not request that Fone's result is made public from night 2 onward? If so, this really feels like a game of doing everything to protect those two and waste scum's time killing other people. In that case the vig claim is doubly useful, because scum attacking them day 1 wastes their shot in the dark at sniping out fone/phoney before they can start generating results.

At the moment I'm increasingly interested in voting cube, since unlike every other game I've seen them in, they haven't come in with some wild trick, spec, or other weirdness on day 1. It feels like they're lying low.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

This is not cube behavior

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##vote cube

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

cube does a voting gimmick, not a posting gimmick, his gimmick this game is apparently not voting me or sandwolf (i usually do posting gimmicks)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Cube with the generic "I won't vote someone for X reason" feels like something town Cube says

I haven't really felt like I have anything to say, it's funny trying to setup spec an open setup.

Zoya gives me a little tingle of a scummy vibe just because the way she talks about setup based things feels like it could be fishing without being overt about it. Others haven't posted enough to really get a good feeling yet.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

facts but also don’t you create setups yourself? Wouldn’t you have more to say on that topic than me?

Not really no. I'd just rather play it through at face value.

Maerlyn posted:

Cube with the generic "I won't vote someone for X reason" feels like something town Cube says

I'd argue that giving yourself arbitrary voting restrictions as scum is a way to hide. 'Hey I'm not going to talk about x% of the game,' now my content looks weird on purpose.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
That's actually a good point about Cube. He feels kind of shy compared to his usual D1 energy.

I also agree setup spec is boring, but if someone suggests massclaiming, we probably want to nip that in the bud before someone bites. I actually like Zoya this game for now - I feel some of that mathing argument could have been kept to scums, they haven't got much to gain from people not claiming to be VT, it gives them less targets to aim at night.

So yea, open to not talking setup. What do we talk about?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

I'd argue that giving yourself arbitrary voting restrictions as scum is a way to hide. 'Hey I'm not going to talk about x% of the game,' now my content looks weird on purpose.

Well yes it is, moreso when you don't do it every game. Cube does. Some folks do. Thing for me is, he usually leans a bit more on, and he does feel a bit pulled back.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Well yes it is, moreso when you don't do it every game. Cube does. Some folks do. Thing for me is, he usually leans a bit more on, and he does feel a bit pulled back.

Was gonna say this yeah

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

This is not cube behavior

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1695668486

Looks like I've asked that question in 7 distinct games before this one, maybe not D1 but yeah I think it's Cube behavior.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1695668486

Looks like I've asked that question in 7 distinct games before this one, maybe not D1 but yeah I think it's Cube behavior.

nice broken link, BONEhead LOL

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

got his rear end

thats 2 asses got on one page i'm on a roll

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

nice broken link, BONEhead LOL

Is it really broken? Huh. I used to joke about SA search being in beta but maybe it does suck. I'll try on a separate machine later. Anyway yeah I've used the phrase "who scum" a bunch.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Zoya posted:

got his rear end

thats 2 asses got on one page i'm on a roll

:tutbutt:

:tutbutt:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well now I don't want to vote for Maerlyn today

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well now I don't want to vote for Maerlyn today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cube posting weird scummy stuff is alignment neutral

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Cube posting weird scummy stuff is alignment neutral

My suspicion is because they're FAILING to post weird scummy stuff lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fool of sound posted:

I could see it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fool of sound posted:

What's your metric here because I'm seeing a lot of it

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Opopanax posted:

What's your metric here because I'm seeing a lot of it

In every other game I've played with cube they've dropped some wild setup spec or gambit or other highly suspicious posting on day 1 and at the time I made my original suspicion post, there was very little of that other than the jokephase post about zoya/sandwolf.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

In every other game I've played with cube they've dropped some wild setup spec or gambit or other highly suspicious posting on day 1 and at the time I made my original suspicion post, there was very little of that other than the jokephase post about zoya/sandwolf.

"Didn't do enough setup spec in an open setup game" is a read I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CubicalSucrose posted:

Yeah, I didn't think that was the angle they were going to take, especially since you did kind of talk about plans revolving around the open setup which is kind of the setup-spec of open setup games.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

The open setup gives you MORE opportunity to think and post about how people might or should play, not less.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CubicalSucrose posted:

I totally get where you're coming from and maybe it's mob mentality confirmation bias whatever, but it sounds vaguely as though you're scum irritated that you're being hounded for stupid reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i think cube planned to do a bunch of setup-posting around a plan for us to all open claim and then i did the math and that ended that