Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Maerlyn posted:

TPC can have my spot and I'll observe instead

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Oh whoops I didn't realize you were slotting into the last spot

Are you sure? You were here first

Triple them. Make it so, mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Oh whoops I didn't realize you were slotting into the last spot

Are you sure? You were here first

I don't mind at all, I'm a bit hungover from previous games and something new will always pop up 😊

CubicalSucrose posted:

The successor to this game will be 9 groups of three but some of them have one scum in them

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

CubicalSucrose posted:

TRIPLE THEM SAYS WE, TRIPLE THEM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

One headed hydra! One headed hydra!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Barring reasonable arguments to the contrary I will allow for Maer and TPC to both play and for one hydra to get themselves a third head. I refuse to be held responsible for whether that head gets grafted onto a hydra with art that makes sense for that or not - if one of the unpartnered folks wants to join an already formed group, that's great, but if I hear no choices made it'll be randomized.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I mean there are at least 3 hydras with 3 heads in the OP

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I mean there are at least 3 hydras with 3 heads in the OP

There are exactly 2 (the hydra at the very top of the OP is not an available choice for flavor) but more to the point I'm saying if I'm the one picking who has a third head it's random and it might be one of the ones with only two heads in the art. So, y'know, pick for me and it won't be a thing; don't and I'll laugh at people who take offense at, say, Burk not getting to be a real boy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The gnomish one technically has 3 heads

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Opopanax posted:

The gnomish one technically has 3 heads

The only head with intelligence art-wise is the gnome controlling the mechanical hydra. The real one not depicted has a few dozen heads and is large enough to take both of the brothers piloting it from within the central body.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Give one of the three headed hydra four heads

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The random number gods have spoken upon their determinations if none speak their minds:
  • Bifauxnen will compose a hydra with Tea Party Crasher
  • Egalz18 will compose a hydra with Maerlyn
  • My Second Re-Reg will be attached to Josef and Zoya

Alternatives should be requested prior to game open. May the will of the number gods be done if none speak their minds.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I'm a big fan of random chance!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Barring reasonable arguments to the contrary I will allow for Maer and TPC to both play and for one hydra to get themselves a third head. I refuse to be held responsible for whether that head gets grafted onto a hydra with art that makes sense for that or not - if one of the unpartnered folks wants to join an already formed group, that's great, but if I hear no choices made it'll be randomized.

That might skew your scum/town ratio a bit, I really don't mind sitting this one out. You can make me a replacement if needed

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

That might skew your scum/town ratio a bit, I really don't mind sitting this one out. You can make me a replacement if needed

Okay real talk, you are aware my philosophy is fun before rules/balance, right? This is also, if you haven't looked, a roles-light game where town has at max two roles and scum has at max one. If you are dead sure you do not want to play under these circumstances then fine, but you have it from me I'm not concerned about the ratio. I'd have gone for 3 heads easy with 27 players if this wasn't a bit of an experiment to see how it runs before expanding it (and in fact have a potential sequel setup already in my pocket that goes up to 13 active slots vs. this one's 9).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Okay real talk, you are aware my philosophy is fun before rules/balance, right? This is also, if you haven't looked, a roles-light game where town has at max two roles and scum has at max one. If you are dead sure you do not want to play under these circumstances then fine, but you have it from me I'm not concerned about the ratio. I'd have gone for 3 heads easy with 27 players if this wasn't a bit of an experiment to see how it runs before expanding it (and in fact have a potential sequel setup already in my pocket that goes up to 13 active slots vs. this one's 9).

okay okay you twisted my arm, I'll play :)

(no arms were twisted)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Time's been allowed and seems everyone's cool with the number gods' decree, and so it shall be. We are, however, missing one player in the Discord! Please check in here as soon as you can so we can get you settled in.

e: Everyone's in their seats! Game starts Monday, voting deadline will be Wednesday 4 PM CST. Get comfy with your partners and enjoy Thanksgiving with your family if you're in the US and celebrate it or just take some time to relax.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 23, 2023

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

A loud but inaccessible clock near the ceiling chimes, then the voice of the overlord booms from unseen speakers: "I'm sure you'd all love to hash this out in a big battle royale right away but I'm looking for arch-guardians that have at least a little skill at subtler approaches and teamwork in addition to pure power. I've got a nice big fire pit trap in the center of the room and it should be easy enough to get to know each other, then figure out who might not be open to sharing with everyone else and push them in. If the clock chimes again before you push someone in, pit closes for the night. You don't get anything else you didn't bring with you to help either!" As the missive ends, you see a large, heavy, and obviously firmly mechanically attached floor tile slide to the side, and a very large jet of flame erupt from the hole before the fire settles down a little.

NOTES/REMINDERS:
  • A Mafia hydra is a group of 2 or more players who are considered to be the same person for the purposes of voting, execution, night kills, any role related actions at night, and alignment.
  • By another name, it's a confirmed lovers variant that makes >1 player look and function exactly the same as 1 player. Easiest way to explain how this is different from a typical confirmed lovers arrangement is that if, say, you were a busdriver, submitting both lovers in a typical lovers group would be valid, whereas submitting two members of the same hydra is not (you'd need to pick what counted as a second target since BOTH of your original choices counted as the same first target). This is why there can only be 9 names in Votefinder as well for a given day.
  • If you don't show up in Votefinder, you can still chat! You just can't vote nor be voted directly. Non-representative votes will be hand-counted within the last hour of a day as part of extending grace; HOWEVER, this may lead to delays in processing if all y'all wait until the last second to get it together.
  • Your representative partner will alternate over the game days - so if your partner is representing your hydra D1, you will represent your hydra D2, and they will represent again on D3 etc. If you should happen to have any night actions, they'll effectively be communal and you'll both have to agree in some fashion on how you're using them.
  • Lurking will be handled per hydra; that said, I don't care if you and your partner make 5 posts each in a day or if you make 2 posts while your partner makes 8, but it goes against the spirit of the game for your partner to post 20 times while you don't post at all (temporary IRL BS notwithstanding; please communicate any such difficulties to me privately as soon as reasonable and for any non-temporary IRL BS situations please don't hesitate to consider replacing out).
  • Here is the list of possible setups I picked from for this game with the RNG's help. I will not tell you which of the 9 options it is; you'll have to figure that out yourself.
  • Hydra composition is public knowledge; alignment and role are not. I've made sure to put a reminder into Votefinder's posts as to who is paired up with whom so you don't have to guess at who to vote to deal with whoever you've identified as scum.
  • Good luck and have fun!

DAY 1 IS OPEN, DEADLINE TUESDAY 4 PM AS BELOW

e: lol, as usual I forget to update the Votefinder deadline before making it post. You'll see it on Votefinder's site if you don't believe me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Cloacamazing!, Hal Incandenza, JosefStalinator, Maerlyn, Opopanax, Toadsmash, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Hydra Pairs Reminder (current representatives bolded):
  • AnonymousNarcotis & shwinnebego
  • Bifauxnen & Tea Party Crasher
  • Cloacamazing! & wologar
  • Hal Incandenza & Sub Rosa
  • JosefStalinator, My Second Re-Reg, & Zoya
  • Maerlyn & EGalz18
  • Opoponax & Sandwolf
  • Toadsmash & CubicalSucrose
  • Toalpaz & Johnny Keats

Non-representatives do not appear in the votecount above, cannot be voted, and cannot vote for anyone barring the emergency grace period as described in the OP. This is their only restriction and they may otherwise post at will within the rules.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
What a nice dungeon this is! So damp!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well, except for the fire pit I'm guessing, that one doesn't look damp at all.

...Which of you people looks the most delicious?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Why does it smell like brussel sprouts

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Must be a vegan hydra

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Do vegans eat rabbits and squirrels?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One of our heads only speaks the truth, the other only shitposts

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
posting at 3am before somebody gets pissy that i didnt post at 3am

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

posting at 3am before somebody gets pissy that i didnt post at 3am

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WAIT TILL 4 AM

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
It's 4am somewhere!

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't understand are you implying there's a difference

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Toadsmash posted:

Do vegans eat rabbits and squirrels?

No what you're thinking of is a vegan once removed, they only eat the meat of animals that practice a vegan lifestyle.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Bifauxnen posted:

This is exactly what I predicted for the Bif/TPC hydra.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

A bleary eyed good morning to you all

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Bifauxnen posted:

e;fb

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

A bleary eyed good morning to you all

Worry not, Maer! I will save you from your fate!

##vote Maer

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Oh crap, I meant ARRRGH, ME SMASH PUNY HYDRA.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Posting to avoid the comedy turbo

Anyone want to see us do a magic trick?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

wologar posted:

Worry not, Maer! I will save you from your fate!

##vote Maer

Argh if only I could vote you right now! :argh:

You leave me no other option

##vote Clo

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Posting to avoid the comedy turbo

Anyone want to see us do a magic trick?

Yes! Sleight of hand from a handless creature is my favorite

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Maerlyn posted:

Argh if only I could vote you right now! :argh:

You leave me no other option

##vote Clo

I'm being persecuted for crimes I did not commit! Literally did not commit, seeing as I'm the voting half of our hydra for this dayphase.

Well, as they say, might as well be thrown into the firepit for for a penny than for a pound? Or something like that? Someone help me figure out what I'm trying to say here. ##vote Maerlyn

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

EGalz18 posted:

Yes! Sleight of hand from a handless creature is my favorite

As evidenced by the AI generated hydras, hands can happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Cloacamazing! posted:

As evidenced by the AI generated hydras, hands can happen.

True... And I suppose Hal's Wizard Hydra does have suspiciously human hands for making magic happen