Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

trajanmax posted:

At least 10 years ago. 2011ish? I was checking out my post history a while ago and it didn’t show any looks like all the threads have probably been removed?

Oh wow, I've only been here for a year lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

trajanmax posted:

At least 10 years ago. 2011ish? I was checking out my post history a while ago and it didn’t show any looks like all the threads have probably been removed?

I see what's happening here, this is all an elaborate veteran breadcrumb.

(I actually don't know if veteran or little old lady with a gun are roles you guys use here, I've only seen it in instant message-based Mafia games)

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

WindwardAway posted:

Oh wow, I've only been here for a year lol.

I wasn’t here for the very beginning of Mafia on SA, but close hahaha. I was here for the “heyday”.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

(I actually don't know if veteran or little old lady with a gun are roles you guys use here, I've only seen it in instant message-based Mafia games)

Hahahahaha. You are throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks! I wish I was that good.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I think I've heard of a veteran once before, but not little old lady with a gun, although the latter I'm guessing might be what I've seen called a PGO (paranoid gun owner)? Just going by the vibe, lol. I know terminology varies widely between forums but usually there are multiple names for the same role.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Ooooh that's What PGO has meant this whole time. I'm not going to lie I was always just too shy to ask lmao

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Personally I like the flavor of little old lady with a shotgun but it's understandably a mouthful

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

trajanmax posted:

Hahahahaha. You are throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks! I wish I was that good.

If we both survive a decent way into this game you'll see I'm a super messy player. It's my ~style~

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

If we both survive a decent way into this game you'll see I'm a super messy player. It's my ~style~

Mine too! I’m erratic just like I am in real life!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

trajanmax posted:

I wasn’t here for the very beginning of Mafia on SA, but close hahaha. I was here for the “heyday”.

Back at that point in time, I think I was active on a number of forums that had mafia communities but somehow never discovered them, maybe they didn't exist yet or maybe I just never looked. Would've been good fun if I'd started playing then, though, but instead I discovered forum mafia during the pandemic through one of my gaming communities. I drift between several forums these days, depending on where games are running.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Personally I like the flavor of little old lady with a shotgun but it's understandably a mouthful

It sounds like a much more fun description than PGO! But yeah, still a bit long even if you abbreviate it lol

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

trajanmax posted:

Mine too! I’m erratic just like I am in real life!

This has me wondering now if I'm more erratic in games or irl 🤔

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tbh I know this is such an inconsequential post but it pings me a little bit just because I feel like we're both breadcrumbing the same flavor lol

is it moomin

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

WindwardAway posted:

This has me wondering now if I'm more erratic in games or irl 🤔

IRL I am internally erratic, but here I'm less concerned about there being any kind of consequence for expressing it

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

trajanmax posted:

i thought this was the heyday!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

is it moomin

Flavor fishing... You must be snufkin!!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

tbh after witnessing your scum play in my Star Control II game from the jump, i think we need to kill you just in case ##vote TPC

if i had a vig i would shoot TPC immediately (and come to think of it, next time i have a vig in a game with TPC i will shoot them immediately. this is not that game, sadly)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Though your team was not victorious, your scum game was lethally on point

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

IRL I am internally erratic, but here I'm less concerned about there being any kind of consequence for expressing it

Ah, the beauty of nobody knowing you're a cat (or dog, or bird, or rat, etc.) behind the screen!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

tbh after witnessing your scum play in my Star Control II game from the jump, i think we need to kill you just in case ##vote TPC

if i had a vig i would shoot TPC immediately (and come to think of it, next time i have a vig in a game with TPC i will shoot them immediately. this is not that game, sadly)

I'm going to try and take this as a compliment

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Anyway, I like TPC's fire, so I'll start a counterwagon. And Hal's existence in the game means that my vote has to go there. :P

##vote Hal

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

Though your team was not victorious, your scum game was lethally on point

Lol if you are scum and using this to build a case on me. I wouldn't even be mad

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

shwinnebego posted:

This seems like a really terrible reason to vote. Metagaming and whatnot.

I am less concerned with TPC being scum now after more posting.

However, I do find it a bit sus that Mae kind of swooped in for a vote for him after very little engagement elsewhere right after TPC started getting a fair amount of attention, then seems to have disappeared immediately after I called her out for it. Personally I would like to hear more from her.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

trajanmax posted:

Hey, someone who's been out of the game as long as I have. gently caress I feel old.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

trajanmax posted:

However, I do find it a bit sus that Mae kind of swooped in for a vote for him after very little engagement elsewhere right after TPC started getting a fair amount of attention, then seems to have disappeared immediately after I called her out for it. Personally I would like to hear more from her.

And to put my money where my mouth is:

##Vote: Mae

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

trajanmax posted:

:agreed: it's way too much explanation for a vote on day one

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Toadsmash posted:

Hey, someone who's been out of the game as long as I have. gently caress I feel old.

I think I remember you!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

By the way my pronouns are they/them my dear ally Trajanmax

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

WindwardAway posted:

Anyway, I like TPC's fire, so I'll start a counterwagon. And Hal's existence in the game means that my vote has to go there. :P

##vote Hal

If I weren't only-hammering, I'd vote Hal but probably only as a turbo.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Instant message based? When was this, like 2005?

trajanmax posted:

I think I remember you!

I only played SA mafia once back in the day, for better or worse. Did you play an Opo holiday game a decade ago? Your name does sound familiar.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

By the way my pronouns are they/them my dear ally Trajanmax

Thanks. If I mess this up at any point it’s absolutely nothing more than me screwing up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

i have still never been turbo'd on somethingawful dot com

Ok shwinney rolled jester.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

CubicalSucrose posted:

If I weren't only-hammering, I'd vote Hal but probably only as a turbo.

If I weren't against turboing, I would suggest turboing Hal before he could even post because it would be hilarious.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Toadsmash posted:

Instant message based? When was this, like 2005?

I only played SA mafia once back in the day, for better or worse. Did you play an Opo holiday game a decade ago? Your name does sound familiar.

We used instant messenger here for scum chats and mason stuff right up until the time I stopped playing.

I can’t remember that game specifically but it’s highly possible. I was all over this back in the day.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

trajanmax posted:

townpost, won't vote trajan today

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

hambeet posted:

Ok shwinney rolled jester.

Isn't that his opening line every game? I've seen it at least several times so I just ignored it this time...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

That's fine, I don't like turbos because then there's less time for chatter xD

this checks out

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i mean i wouldn't vote trajan anyway cuz i don't vote people i haven't played w/ d1 typically anyway. but also i actively think they're town now

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

Items are indeed nifty
And what's the fun of turboing on D1? I'm all for giving folks a bit of time to report to Moominvalley first.

cuz it's funny

anyway i think windward is scum ##vote windward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

shwinnebego posted:

i mean i wouldn't vote trajan anyway cuz i don't vote people i haven't played w/ d1 typically anyway. but also i actively think they're town now

Yeah they're the only one so far who's given actual game content so I'm in agreement with what you said