Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

RavenousScoot posted:

I mean I'm sure tons of cartoons featured pregnant characters
Fairly Odd Parents had an entire special centered around an mpreg gag
Billy and Mandy had them revert to fetuses on screen

this is def just an 'oh look these disney dan schneider groomers are making your kids gay and teaching them about sex they want to humilate you and have you eat bugs and cum' thing from anyone that's upset

*stumbles into the center of the stage autistically, grabs mic*

How could you forget about Osmosis Jones??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praWvSQjj5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What else has been censored out?

What have I been missing?????

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

Welcome to the tip of the iceberg, friend

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

People should watch mature and complex cartoons for adults, such as Star Wars

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Thanks for this important news about a tv show for children OP.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Thesaurus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE0NPsA6kcU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Did Disney+ allow the vasectomy conversation scene? My sister and her husband were really excited to show it to me when I visited but I don't know where they got that filthy poo poo.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Thesaurus posted:

An episode where the mom is depressed reminiscing over a miscarriage.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Sophy Wackles posted:

Thanks for this important news about a tv show for children OP.

its atually for adults. dumbass

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

On a very special episode of Bluey...

*Sensitive piano music

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It's nice to see an Australian show getting some traction internationally, given how popular a lot of British shows are in the US its kinda weird Australian TV hasn't had more worldwide success.

I tried watching an episode of Whose Line Australia a while ago, since I love the UK and US versions, and it was one of the most dire, unfunny things I've ever seen.

E:I think one of the major reasons was that all of their guests were stand up comedians, who, as it turns out, have a very different skill set from improv comics.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 4, 2024

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I was MORTIFIED when Full House this exact same episode except with Uncle Jessie 30 years ago, and I still am.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

It's nice to see an Australian show getting some traction internationally, given how popular a lot of British shows are in the US its kinda weird Australian TV hasn't had more worldwide success.

I tried watching an episode of Whose Line Australia a while ago, since I love the UK and US versions, and it was one of the most dire, unfunny things I've ever seen.

E:I think one of the major reasons was that all of their guests were stand up comedians, who, as it turns out, have a very different skill set from improv comics.

Fisk is good.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Devils Affricate posted:

*stumbles into the center of the stage autistically, grabs mic*

How could you forget about Osmosis Jones??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praWvSQjj5s

wtf? there was an osmosis jones tv show?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
trying to think of which new cartoon animal i'm going to want to gently caress next. maybe an otter who's a classics professor

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

R.L. Stine posted:

trying to think of which new cartoon animal i'm going to want to gently caress next. maybe an otter who's a classics professor

the dad from pb&j otter?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

TK8325 posted:

wtf? there was an osmosis jones tv show?

Yes, your father and I had to keep this from you, Jeremy. I'm sorry for the deception, but we were afraid it would overly excite you.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Devils Affricate posted:

Yes, your father and I had to keep this from you, Jeremy. I'm sorry for the deception, but we were afraid it would overly excite you.

and now im named jeremy? just a series of earth shattering revelations today

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

R.L. Stine posted:

Reported

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

they make them that way on purpose now. not my fault

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

free hubcaps posted:

growing up in canada there were always at least a couple australian shows on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jADMBKfEs

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
My kid loves Bluey so I've had to endure a lot of it over the last few months.

Disney+ also cut a scene involving a making GBS threads pony. My daughter always makes us watch that episode on BBC iPlayer so she can laugh at the pooping equine.

My phone also keeps autocorrecting Bluey to Blurt.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kid knows what’s up :haibrow:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

free hubcaps posted:

i love wentworth

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd watch some Australian version of the A-Team.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Perfection.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Children's content on Youtube turn comments off to avoid getting the "Children's content" tag stripped because of poo poo posters putting not-for-kids poo poo in comments. That's a really important loving tag to add because it only shows very restricted and actually-screened ads, and the content is available in the "youtube for kids" search results.

This was tangential news in a "kinda funny turned into very depressing" rabbit hole, by the way.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

letting your kids on the internet without an ad blocker is like sending them to the prom without condoms

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if they’re big enough nerds you don’t have to worry about it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I wouldn’t watch it if I didn’t have kids, I don’t watch it by myself, and I haven’t seen all the episodes. But the show is well written and animated, and includes a very realistic family dynamic, so it can keep my attention. It also gives me plenty of material to interact with my kid about.

The reason people love Bandit is because he’s super dad. Other dads see him as an inspiration (I’ve heard people say this). Women love a dad who is good with his daughters (see the masturbating chick previously posted).

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Op, the reason America is so goddamn prudish is because it was founded by Puritans. These people were such annoying religious assholes that England happily gave them some land on a different continent if they would just gently caress off.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mistle posted:

Children's content on Youtube turn comments off to avoid getting the "Children's content" tag stripped because of poo poo posters putting not-for-kids poo poo in comments. That's a really important loving tag to add because it only shows very restricted and actually-screened ads, and the content is available in the "youtube for kids" search results.

This was tangential news in a "kinda funny turned into very depressing" rabbit hole, by the way.

If you have any programming for kids on Youtube you should absolutely never allow comments unless you moderate them like a hawk, because this is the internet.

Anyway I hope weirdos don't try to ruin Bluey like weirdos tried to ruin MLP. Good kids shows should be allowed to be good kids shows without awkward adults trying to turn a kids show into their entire identity.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Mega64 posted:

If you have any programming for kids on Youtube you should absolutely never allow comments unless you moderate them like a hawk, because this is the internet.

Anyway I hope weirdos don't try to ruin Bluey like weirdos tried to ruin MLP. Good kids shows should be allowed to be good kids shows without awkward adults trying to turn a kids show into their entire identity.

I just searched for "bluey tattoo" and it appears you're too late

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
my daughter started watching this at one point and became obsessed which was nice because yeah it's a really good kids show, one clearly meant for the adults to watch too, and after a few weeks of her wanting to watch nothing but Bluey I started thinking "maybe it does actually pay to make good kids entertainment" but then she got obsessed with these videos which are loving insane and that phase lasted way longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlY3CVMqoME

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

same

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm getting a tattoo of bandit and chilli on my rear end cheeks, one on each. When my cheeks are squeezed together they kiss.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

free hubcaps posted:

Australia gave us Pacific Heat.

We do not forgive, and we do not forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u9eWrGF4po

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah it's kinda wild how bad stand ups are at improv and how bad good improv people are at stand up

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

do it