Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All the info on this car is available in the Lowered Expectations project thread. I actually paid what I would consider slightly above average to average price for the vehicle, considering all the problems I've had to fix. Other than the battery tray and under the rear window the car is completely rust free. Give me a city near you and I'll gladly scrounge on Craigslist and the Samba for you, finding cars is so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Psylocibe posted:

Give me a city near you and I'll gladly scrounge on Craigslist and the Samba for you, finding cars is so much fun.

Agreed. I wonder if there'd be use for a thread where people posted CL cars that were good deals but they weren't ready for, etc.?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Psylocibe posted:

All the info on this car is available in the Lowered Expectations project thread. I actually paid what I would consider slightly above average to average price for the vehicle, considering all the problems I've had to fix. Other than the battery tray and under the rear window the car is completely rust free. Give me a city near you and I'll gladly scrounge on Craigslist and the Samba for you, finding cars is so much fun.

Awesome, I didn't know you had a thread on it. Going to go read it now.

It's more of a pipe dream right now for me to get another (third) car. I'm trying to sell an A4 and want to spend more time/money modding my GTI this summer. The wife would kill me if I SEARCHED MINNEAPOLIS and brought home a CLASSIC VW like yours or even a MK1 OR MK2 GTI/RABBIT.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

There's an orange fastback for sale parked here in Denver on the way I drive every thursday and friday after getting my daughter from school, I could find out the details if anyone wants it and these are really that rare. I can't see any rust from the street, and it appears stock, and has been sitting for sale long enough to get a flat tire. I'd snag it myself if I wasn't such a loyal whore to my Volvos.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

2003 Maserati Coupé Cambiocorsa

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
What a pretty NB coupe.

Wait, please don't hurt me. I really like the Mazzers that aren't the quattroporte, they seem like the grown up version of a Ferrari - you still like to go fast, but don't feel the need to grease your hair back and chase ladies at the club. Any videos of it? That V8 is a pretty tuneful piece of kit.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Simkin posted:

chase ladies at the club
I do this :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

DropShadow posted:

Awesome, I didn't know you had a thread on it. Going to go read it now.

It's more of a pipe dream right now for me to get another (third) car. I'm trying to sell an A4 and want to spend more time/money modding my GTI this summer. The wife would kill me if I SEARCHED MINNEAPOLIS and brought home a CLASSIC VW like yours or even a MK1 OR MK2 GTI/RABBIT.

How about a 1979 diesel Rabbit? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1079306880.html

Or a 1973 Karmann Ghia? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1091234393.html

Milwaukee is only a few hours away: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1079736773.html

I'm bored at work and I've run out of old British cars to search for.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

goatse guy posted:

Or a 1973 Karmann Ghia? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1091234393.html

Dammit, that's awesome.

Slothophile
Jun 23, 2004

Slothophile same as Santa Claus but one small difference: he stop at nothing to kill you.
Gave it a wash today. Goddamn tree sap.

Click here for the full 1024x681 image.

Shiny.

The best miata interior, bar none.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Xeno posted:

Is this the one with the awesome curved-eyelid taillights or the more civilian honda-looking ones?

I can't remember which yeah had the slim ones, but those were rad.

atomicfire
Jul 22, 2008
I'll play :)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Bonus points if you know the location

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

some gay vw that got a bunch of poo poo done to it because the owner (me) reads vortex to much.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

pik-d posted:

some gay vw that got a bunch of poo poo done to it because the owner (me) reads vortex to much.

Woof! That is a fine automobile, sir.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

pik-d posted:

Very tastefully done.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

pik-d posted:

seriously, you have a checkered roof?

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

pik-d posted:

If that's considered gay, then well, never mind. But yes, I have to agree, that is a VERY Nice ride, and I would love to see more pictures. I would love to own somethign like that. Very tasteful, very nice.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Pik, some water/improperly mounted engine got into your Volkswagen :colbert:

Just took the car out of the barn where it was being stored for the winter. It was nice to get it clean and drive it again.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
1996 Caprice - LT1, leather, posi, etc. It's a boat, but it's my boat.

In the background is the 1990 Lumina APV it replaced. On a Friday the radiator popped, bought the Caprice om Saturday, and Saturday afternoon the exhaust fell off the APV when taking it to my cousin's house. He bought it for the cost of the new tires it had, then fixed the radiator and exhaust and the damned thing is still running. It had 198,900 miles on it in 2006, somewhere around 230,000 last I knew.

My dad has all the fun toys now.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 6 Door Airport Limo - Originally a 283, 4 barrel, powerglide, had a 3 speed put in sometime in the 60's. Delivered to Armbruster from GM in primer, they stretched it, painted it, and did the final assembly back in 1957. Only one in existence, the rest were 8 door models and the cheap 150 series. My dad's had it 20 years, found the second owners, and recovered the original block and tranny as well as luggage rack which needs to be rebuilt.

This is his latest, 1956 Chevrolet 210 4 Door convertible. Picture taken before he started any work.

Was a Lions club parade car, spent 30+ years idling in parades. They cut the roof off and generally abused the hell out of it. Haven't been to my folks to see it in a while, but most of the chrome has been pulled, holes filled, and he's started painting the interior pieces. There are no plans for a top, no windows in the doors, and no heater. Doesn't even plan to have a radio or a key ignition.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Heres my new car that I bought today.
It's a 1991 Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye which is the homologation version of the ST185 GT-Four. According to wikipedia its one of only 150 that were sold in Australia.

Sorry about the lovely quality of the photos but I only have a cameraphone.

This car is awesome especially coming from an old civic that had a stuffed engine with bugger all power.

I'm not too sure about the wheels on it so theres a good chance I'll end up changing them at some point. Other than that though the car is in pretty drat good condition.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Grashnak posted:

That hood is stock?

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

RealKyleH posted:

That hood is stock?

Yep, the hood for the homologation version was changed to enable better cooling. Its got a couple of other differences from a normal GT-Four too like a Water to air intercooler rather than air to air.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah. Other people have posted ones with those hoods.
Whoops, you responded faster than me.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Grashnak posted:

:swoon:

I'm not jealous at all. :cry:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

pik-d posted:

Unclear how I feel about the checkered roof but otherwise, that's really clean. Awesome ride, man.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Click here for the full 1058x538 image.

My red Volvo 740t

Click here for the full 980x735 image.

Work car that I never use Range Rover Sport TDV8

The vehicle that I actually use to get to work (and to get extra irony points)

markdown
Jan 14, 2008
2 baristas, one drink.

pete0r posted:

Awesome moose stickers. Those wheels aren't the ones that came standard with the s70, right? I think those are 850 turbo wheels.

Yes, and thank you. I love the sleeper look they add, I just wish they weren't so heavy

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul

pik-d posted:

It's been said already, but there's nothing gay about that ride. That's a beautiful ride sir.

What yr/model is that?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Grashnak posted:

It's a 1991 Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye which is the homologation version of the ST185 GT-Four. According to wikipedia its one of only 150 that were sold in Australia.

I'm not too sure about the wheels on it so theres a good chance I'll end up changing them at some point. Other than that though the car is in pretty drat good condition.

Yeah, some OZ wheels or various models would be a much better addition than those lovely things. Also, engine bay pictures please!

Yalc
Mar 5, 2003

Gayin it up itt

Weissbier posted:

It's been said already, but there's nothing gay about that ride. That's a beautiful ride sir.

What yr/model is that?

Thanks everyone, I was preparing for the AI troll wave, but I was proven wrong

2004 Jetta GLI 1.8t w/ 6speed, A rather fun ride, but I am stuck at leaving the engine parts stock after too many friends with 1.8T's going to poo poo once modded.

and yes the roof is checkard with BMW Titanium Silver Its a great match, and I need more picture of it!

MB500SEL
May 20, 2004

Baron Von Jagmaur

Xeno posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what is maintenance like on this? I've been looking at 2003 - 2006 Quattroportes to replace my Vanden Plas in time and wanted to get a ballpark what upkeep is like.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
Nissan has been giving out rebates like crazy and with the tax increase, it was time for a "new" car.

08 350Z Nismo

Pardon the horrible cell phone photo, I'll get better photos on Tuesday.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

pik-d posted:

why did waffle images delete the first photo? gently caress waffle images, 1 out of 10 photos on SA just randomly disappears.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Baby Hitler posted:

Yeah, some OZ wheels or various models would be a much better addition than those lovely things. Also, engine bay pictures please!

I was thinking of getting something like this http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/rally-only/rally-neve/en as far as wheels go but I don't want anything as stupidly expensive as those will be plus I have no idea where to even get stuff like that from.
I've only just started getting into cars so things like a good place to buy wheels is a mystery to me.

I also have the feeling that it probably would have been better to jump into the world of being a car enthusiast with something other than an 18 year old turboed car but I'll just have to learn quick. At least I still have my old civic that I'm going to use as a learning project.

Here's the only engine pic I have at the moment, its a bit dark to go taking any more at the moment.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Grashnak posted:

Nice choice, GT-Four buddy. Get thee registered on https://www.gt4oc.net pronto, there's hundreds of members on there knowledgeable about your 185. If I could figure out a way of getting the 185's popup headlights on to my ST205, I'd be a happy bunny ;)

And seconding a set of white OZ Racing wheels. Also get yourself some decent Recaros, if the stock seats in the 205 are anything to go by, the 185 seats suck rear end.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

EvilCrayon posted:

Nissan has been giving out rebates like crazy and with the tax increase, it was time for a "new" car.

08 350Z Nismo

Pardon the horrible cell phone photo, I'll get better photos on Tuesday.

Please do. I love the Nismo 350Z's, what # out of 1,500 did you get? I'm looking into buying a 350Z but a non-Nismo edition :( What did you upgrade from?

sboss01
Aug 11, 2004
http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/srboss/MySi2009_0101.jpg

2008 Galaxy Grey Civic Si Sedan

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 31, 2009

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
Nice GG sedan, I had a tough time deciding on colors myself. It was between Tafetta White, GG, and fiji Blue. Ended up with the Fiji:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

sboss01 posted:

2008 Galaxy Grey Civic Si Sedan

I'm strange with the Galaxy Grey. In some photos (such as this) it looks like an awesome dark grey color, but in others it just looks like a off silverish color. I'm enjoying my Fiji Blue SI sedan and I hope you have been enjoying yours too though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Lilbeefer posted:

The vehicle that I actually use to get to work (and to get extra irony points)

I like the bike!