Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I just dumped 5 Honedges into the Wonder Trade pool and got 3 sub level 5 Fletchlings :(

I did get a japanese onix and pancham though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just caught a bunch of Goomy, why are people so excited about this?

It's cute and a pseudo. I don't really get the fandom either, though.

↑: Which route does Honedge start showing up on?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aurain posted:

drat this dumb little thing is like a dragonite?

Honedge is a rare spawn really early on, think I caught it outside the palace, when you get blocked by snorlax.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

megalodong posted:

There's a limit on how many EVs total you can get (504? Something around there)

Assuming no changes to the system, you can have up to 255 EVs in an individual stat and 510 EVs in total. Of course, since 255 isn't evenly divisible by 4 and the game rounds fractions down, if you're really going for an optimal build there's no reason to put more than 252 into a stat.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Inspector Zenigata posted:

I hatched the lil goomster, and as far as I can tell she's great. Modest, with hydration as its ability. They're primarily attackers, right? Even if they aren't, I'll always love her. She's going to be my starter, basically.

edit: Oh my god I'm rubbing her tummy and feeding her big pieces of cake and this is everything I've ever wanted. It's all downhill from here.

Goomy are Special Walls with emphasis on Special Attack if I remember correctly. Basically they're little blobs who have attack bounce off them.

Glad you guys are getting along. It's probably a good thing I sent you an egg, I can't resist naming the little fellas Goony (or Goondra). :3:

Aurain posted:

Route 6, and only Route 6. They're rare though, and no trainers use them. I had to use the Pokédex in the previous Op to figure out where they are (Pokémon in the Kalos dex are grouped by the routes you find them on).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aurain posted:

I've just made the best PR Video, everyone should probably just give up the ghost now.

Huh? How is that possible... when I just made the best PR video? :smug:
(jesus christ that took way too long though)

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Loopoo posted:

If I want to play Pokemon, what console and game should I get? I've never played Pokemon before and I want to snatch back the childhood I never had.

That's easy. Any kind of 3DS (try for an XL, they didn't exist when I bought one) and either Pokemon X or Y. Get on the ground floor while everything is new.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Aurain posted:

Route 6, in the tall grass coming back from the Parfum Palace.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

drat this dumb little thing is like a dragonite?

Honedge is a rare spawn really early on, think I caught it outside the palace, when you get blocked by snorlax.

He's not rare, Kecleon is much rarer in that area. Even Espurr didn't show up as commonly as Honedge for me.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Some guy in the PokéCenter in the 2nd gym town wants to trade a Luvdisc for his Steelix :stare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

Huh? How is that possible... when I just made the best PR video? :smug:
(jesus christ that took way too long though)

Yeah, well my PR Video could fight yours!

Thanks for all the Honedge answers.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hahah, gotta love the shout out option, someone just said "SHINY CHESPIN" to all connected Pokemon players.
He must be kidding of course, ha ha ha...

parara
Apr 9, 2010
Quick question: any special method to evolving Spritzee (do a 3 hour waltz while under the influence of LSD while holding the DS at a 34 degree angle) or is it just level based?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ignimbrite posted:

Route 6, in the tall grass coming back from the Parfum Palace.

He's not rare, Kecleon is much rarer in that area. Even Espurr didn't show up as commonly as Honedge for me.

Woah I didn't even know that guy spawns that early. I've been surprised just by how many different pokemon have been spawning.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 3, 2014

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Inspector Zenigata posted:

I believe it's a trade while holding a particular item.

The item is called "Whipped Dream" and is given to you by an NPC.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Ignimbrite posted:

Really? I saw nothing but Espurrs and Oddish there. I even saw a Kecleon before I saw a Honedge. Guess I just have crap luck.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

Kikas posted:

The item is called "Whipped Dream" and is given to you by an NPC.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

HeyItsAyls posted:

Really? I saw nothing but Espurrs and Oddish there. I even saw a Kecleon before I saw a Honedge. Guess I just have crap luck.

Huh, I must have been lucky, I was swimming in the blasted things.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone tell me where to get Carbink. I want that little guy on my team as soon as possible.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Someone tell me where to get Carbink. I want that little guy on my team as soon as possible.

The Reflecting Cave, a little bit after the second gym. Dunno how rare they are, you get Flash in that cave and I used it to drop the encounter rate (Flash is actually surprisingly handy early on when you can't afford 200+ Repels).

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
Can anyone tell me how early Dittos can be found? Thanks in advance.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Kuhmondo posted:

Can anyone tell me how early Dittos can be found? Thanks in advance.

Just before the Eighth Gym. I'm trading them out to anyone who needs one right now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Where do I find my friend code on a 3DS, it's not tied to the game, it seems?

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot
Wonder Trade is so much fun, I'm barely making any progress in the game because I just keep Wonder Trading. I've got a bunch of Japanese Pokemon now and I was wondering, how do their names work when they evolve? Do they change to the Japanese version of their evolution's name, or do they just keep the name they had when I got them?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Dan Didio posted:

Where do I find my friend code on a 3DS, it's not tied to the game, it seems?

On the 3DS home screen press the little orange smiley uo the top of the screen and it's on your card

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So far I got mega: gengar, Blaziken, Venasaur and Lucario. Gengar was the only one that wasn't automatic, had to talk to an NPC outside gym 6. Then you can just trade a haunter for a haunter on GTS and you'll get a gengar pretty much instantly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On the one hand, before the first gym you can find Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Dunsparce, the bunny that's this game's Gen 6 normal-type vermin pokemon, three different birds, and at least three different Caterpie-type bugs.

On the other hand holy gently caress I actually get a choice! This is awesome!

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

Just before the Eighth Gym. I'm trading them out to anyone who needs one right now.

Oh dang, do you think you can trade me one? I just got the Kanto starter so I don't have anything though. I'm trying to find my friend code, where the hell do I find it? Or I can just add yours if you want.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You can high-five Pikachu in this game.

:psyduck::hf::3:

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Kuhmondo posted:

Oh dang, do you think you can trade me one? I just got the Kanto starter so I don't have anything though. I'm trying to find my friend code, where the hell do I find it? Or I can just add yours if you want.

I'm just giving these away, I don't care what you send. As posted above, your friend code is on the Home menu. Click the little smiley face to find it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

horriblePencilist posted:

You can high-five Pikachu in this game.

:psyduck::hf::3:

Touch his cheeks. :3:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I just want a boy Pikachu, I must have tried for at least 2.5 hours so far. All 3 of my Pokemon at over level 10 and I've only seen 5 pikachus... all girls. I just don't like the tail notch. It's getting ridiculous.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Oh my god, Pokemon-amie is so much fun, it always cheers me up playing with Pikachu on it since he's the only Pokemon who doesn't do that screechy sound that every Pokemon has done since the 90's.

Pika pika chuu. :kimchi:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Holy poo poo rollerskating with Pokemon Amie open is the cutest thing

This entire thing is just making me smile so hard, god bless Game Freak.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

I'm just giving these away, I don't care what you send. As posted above, your friend code is on the Home menu. Click the little smiley face to find it.

I had to make a Mii since this is a brand new DS heh.

FC: 3539 9848 4121

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
Picked this up and have been playing with it, having an absolute blast. So much fun doing what is basically bugger all. For some reason Pikachu absolutely did not want to spawn for me in the forest, I ended up grinding Charles my Fennekin to level 14 before one decided to appear. Luckily it had a Light Ball and I didn't KO it. It would have been boring, except I keep Wonder Trading and it's stupid amounts of fun, even if I am polluting the pool with lousy beginning area pokémon. I do given them all clever names though, so if any of those Japanese players know English puns, they should get a kick out of them.

Is there some method I can go about trading with goons or getting some goons on my friends list or is it as restrictive about that stuff as earlier versions?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
9 hours and 40 minutes in, I have 2 badges.
This is gonna be a LOOOOOOONG game.

shalcar posted:

Is there some method I can go about trading with goons or getting some goons on my friends list or is it as restrictive about that stuff as earlier versions?

You add people to your 3DS friend list, and the pop up in "friends" if you connect to the internet while playing at the same time. Then you can battle and trade all you want.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Kuhmondo posted:

I had to make a Mii since this is a brand new DS heh.

FC: 3539 9848 4121

Cool, in order to trade, you also need to add my FC. Just go to the trading thread and you'll find it in the second post.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Jsor posted:

I just want a boy Pikachu, I must have tried for at least 2.5 hours so far. All 3 of my Pokemon at over level 10 and I've only seen 5 pikachus... all girls. I just don't like the tail notch. It's getting ridiculous.

Catch the next one you see regardless. Its ability (static) attracts other electric pokemon and you find hundreds of them that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

Cool, in order to trade, you also need to add my FC. Just go to the trading thread and you'll find it in the second post.

Alrighty, added you. You're not showing up on the PSS friends list though for some reason.

• Locked thread