Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dandy Kaiser posted:

So Scott Conway was dismissed from PSU hockey for "violating team rules" with no further explanation. Can't wait to find out what repugnant poo poo they're covering up in the name of sports prestige this time :allears:

Well poo poo, he was pretty good for a freshman

welp :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Zane McIntyre will not return for his senior year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dude seems like the real deal and I think he could develop into a solid NHL goalie.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Dave Hakstol resigns, accepts job in Philadelphia ; Brad Berry to become next head coach. The king is dead; long live the king!

The Sioux don't seem to be doing their preseason ranking any favors this week.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG's schedule is out. We have a ton of OOC games this year:

quote:

Saturday, Oct. 3 vs. Toronto, TBA (Exhibition)
Friday, Oct. 9 at Ohio State, 7:05 pm
Saturday, Oct. 10 vs. Ohio State, 7:07 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Western Michigan, TBA
Friday, Oct. 16 at Canisius, 7:35 pm
Saturday, Oct. 17 at Rochester Institute of Technology, 7:05 pm
Wednesday, Dec. 30 vs. Western Michigan, 7:07 pm
Saturday, Jan. 2 vs. Clarkson, 7:07 pm
Sunday, Jan. 3 vs. Clarkson, 7:07 pm
Saturday, Jan. 16 at Miami (Ohio), 7:07 pm
Friday, Feb. 12 vs. Miami (Ohio), 7:07 pm

Stream of consciousness thoughts, goooooo

Glad they kept the OSU and Miami series going, no reason not to keep playing them. I don't think BG and Western have played since the CCHA broke up so that's neat. We're also on short rest after that first Miami game, and are playing a Thursday/Friday home series against Anchorage because.... reasons. Oh man are we gonna have some frustrations to take out on RIT. If memory serves, their winning Atlantic Hockey's tournament is what knocked us out of the national tournament. Very weird start to the schedule, after that WMU/Canisius/RIT road trip, we're off for 2 weeks before going up to Anchorage for a weekend. We have one home game for the entire month of October if you don't count the exhibition game. Last home games of the regular season is a weekend series with Ferris, which should be a blast.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
R.I.P. Michigan :toot:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If you weren't aware, Larkin left 3 years on the table to spend his next two in the AHL at Grand Rapids.

This is absolutely indicative of what present-day Red Berenson is doing with his players. He trashed Andrew Copp up and down when he decided to leave and obviously this stuck with some of the other players.

It's time, Red. Bring Mel back.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Penn State with some funky home/away splits next year. Only one home series after Jan 28 is weird and dumb. Yay for a super early senior night. We get Notre Dame at home so that'll be fun.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-hockey/sched/psu-m-hockey-sched.html

Also recruited a literal giant for next year. Nikita Pavlychev is 6'7" and 200 lb at 18 years old. He big.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DOOP posted:

Also recruited a literal giant for next year. Nikita Pavlychev is 6'7" and 200 lb at 18 years old. He big.

jesus christ :stare:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

DOOP posted:

Nikita Pavlychev is 6'7" and 200 lb at 18 years old. He big.
That seems incredibly light for a 6'7" hockey player.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

jesus christ :stare:

We also got his BFF Denis Smirnov who is 5' 8" 190 lbs. Smirnov is apparently quite good at scoring goals and is the gem of this year's class. Cant wait for the upcoming Punchman/Shootyman Russian Buddy Cop movie.

Both Smirnov and Pavlychev were born in Yaroslavl and played for the local Scranton/Wilkes-Barre teams. 5 years from now, Penn State is gonna have the wiedest pipeline of talent. :ussr:

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2015/5/28/8647815/penn-state-hockey-roster-introducing-the-incoming-forwards-and-centers-denis-smirnov

PFlats posted:

Maybe? The other big guy on the team, Zach Saar, is 6'5" 240.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PFlats posted:

He's only 18 so he's likely still filling out. That kid is going to be a tank in a couple years.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

DOOP posted:

Penn State with some funky home/away splits next year. Only one home series after Jan 28 is weird and dumb. Yay for a super early senior night. We get Notre Dame at home so that'll be fun.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-hockey/sched/psu-m-hockey-sched.html

Michigan has had some absolutely worthless home schedules as of late. Like, every home game is in November and December and they play one full home series (i.e, not at the Joe for some of it) between January and March.

I blame Jim Delany.

Except for selling a game against Sparty at Yost to Coyote Logistics to have an outdoor game in the slush in front of 17 people. That was all gently caress boy Dave Brandon

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Except for selling a game against Sparty at Yost to Coyote Logistics to have an outdoor game in the slush in front of 17 people. That was all gently caress boy Dave Brandon

I really really really hope we're on the down-swing of these outdoor games for the sake of outdoor games. Wasn't there one tournament/round-robin thing last year that had Miami, Western and... gently caress I don't even remember, in Soldier Field where they had to delay one of the games for like 6 hours?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan and MSU were the other two teams. Miami and WMU went on early and UM/MSU was the late one.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan has had some absolutely worthless home schedules as of late. Like, every home game is in November and December and they play one full home series (i.e, not at the Joe for some of it) between January and March.

I blame Jim Delany.

It was all gently caress boy Dave Brandon. If Hockey is playing at home in January and February, people might not come to Basketball.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.uscho.com/2015/06/08/after-23-win-season-bowling-green-rewards-bergeron-with-five-year-extension/

Hell yeah :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

OHL London just stole Sam Miletic from Michigan, fulfilling the yearly "Some scumbag OHL team misrepresents poo poo and steals a recruit late from a college team" quota

• Locked thread