Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hollylolly posted:

I am still on board with this show. I know it's in a rough patch, but there's enough here, despite people being killed/written off the show off screen, to keep my interest. I'm looking forward to the finale. So there!

I generally watch a show I've started until the wheels fall off the thing catches fire.

Heroes coming back is taunting me, because making it through that show's 3rd season is like TV 'nam. I hear Dexter gave it a run for it's money.

We're not to that level yet. If Wu is revealed to be wessen and everyone forgives Juilette for no reason and Hank secretly has been working for the royals the whole time and Nick can't remember who he is and they kill trouble two episodes into the next season before having Juilette go evil again, we'll be there.

ED: Oh yeah, Nick would also have to believe a string of random people claiming to be his father 100% without proof every 3 episodes to really hit that bottom.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Blazing Ownager posted:

I generally watch a show I've started until the wheels fall off the thing catches fire.

Heroes coming back is taunting me, because making it through that show's 3rd season is like TV 'nam. I hear Dexter gave it a run for it's money.

We're not to that level yet. If Wu is revealed to be wessen and everyone forgives Juilette for no reason and Hank secretly has been working for the royals the whole time and Nick can't remember who he is and they kill trouble two episodes into the next season before having Juilette go evil again, we'll be there.

ED: Oh yeah, Nick would also have to believe a string of random people claiming to be his father 100% without proof every 3 episodes to really hit that bottom.

:laffo:

Yeah, what it really needs to hit basement is more random parents/relatives showing up. That's the death knell of every show ever. Even Alias died from that crap. Oh my MOM's still alive! My dad isn't really dead. Oh I have a sister!

I'm starting to think they make main characters with no/dead parents just so they can keep that in their back pockets for non-story emergencies. "MOM???" :lol:

(also Dexter is nowhere near the Tv'nam that was Heroes, just FYI)

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Kudos to the poster who guessed Renard was Jack because of Henrietta's death. The woman whose address is so mystical and magical it disappears moments after writing it. Cool trick, for sure, the problem is the physical location never changes and she is apparently vulnerable to an intruder with a knife, but can woo a Grimm with her magical powers... Oh, hexenbeists, what can you not do?

Diana is not even within 2 years of what she should be. I guess child acting contracts are difficult and need twins and so on, but her sole line has been "where's my mommy?" I am pretty sure they could have filled the role with a more age-appropriate person.

Renard killed innocent Wesen. This will never, ever, be addressed by Nick. Yet, in the next season, some Wesen whose only hope for survival is to commit a crime, and Nick will come down all law-and-order on them, and I will hate his "moral compass" even more.

Can Trubel decapitate Nick and say "there is a new Grimm in town" (also while offing Juliette and Adalind?) I would be so thrilled for next season.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Can Trubel decapitate Nick and say "there is a new Grimm in town" (also while offing Juliette and Adalind?) I would be so thrilled for next season.

No, because Monroe and Rosalee would never stand for it and gently caress you if you want to take those two out of the show.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Diana is not even within 2 years of what she should be. I guess child acting contracts are difficult and need twins and so on, but her sole line has been "where's my mommy?" I am pretty sure they could have filled the role with a more age-appropriate person.

They should've just grabbed some random middled aged fat guy to say, "Hi, I'm Diana," and been like, "It's an illusion; she's disguised as Louis CK."

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I'm holding out hope that Juliette and Kelly put the last episode's stuff together to royally gently caress the Royals. I don't even care how little sense it would make, I just want the following exchange:

Nick/Hank/Monroe/Rosalee: But why didn't you tell us?!
Kelly: We needed your reaction to be genuine.
Juliette: And you guys can be a little bit gullible and stupid.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

johntfs posted:

I'm holding out hope that Juliette and Kelly put the last episode's stuff together to royally gently caress the Royals. I don't even care how little sense it would make, I just want the following exchange:

Nick/Hank/Monroe/Rosalee: But why didn't you tell us?!
Kelly: We needed your reaction to be genuine.
Juliette: And you guys can be a little bit gullible and stupid.

Kelly: Now pass the needle and thread so I can get my head back on.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
It was an illusion. That was a homeless man in the box.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Accretionist posted:

It was an illusion. That was a homeless man in the box.

It'a actually Adalind's head in the box.
Adalind is gullible enough that she'll fall for the illusion anyway.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
4x22 – “Cry Havoc” - SEASON FINALE :siren:
After Juliette's latest betrayal, Nick, Hank, Trubel, Monroe and Wu take the fight directly to her and the royals.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war!" This looks to be a major showdown. I don't think we've ever really seen a Grimm fully go to war. And there's two of them now.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't think we've ever really seen a Grimm fully go to war. And there's two of them now.
Two-and-a-quarter. You forgot to count Nick's Mom.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
She's not really going to be much help though---unless they like, throw her head at someone.......

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

Two-and-a-quarter. You forgot to count Nick's Mom.

Let's not get aHEAD of ourselves

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Astrofig posted:

She's not really going to be much help though---unless they like, throw her head at someone.......
Tell me that you wouldn't consider this season completely redeemed if they did that in the finale.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Hobo posted:

Tell me that you wouldn't consider this season completely redeemed if they did that in the finale.

Only if it somehow became some sort of Green Goblin like explosive and just before it blows up the eyes open and the mouth smiles at someone.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

TMMadman posted:

Only if it somehow became some sort of Green Goblin like explosive and just before it blows up the eyes open and the mouth smiles at someone.

I'm imagining it as more of a screaming, flaming projectile. Like the Lost Souls from Doom.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh hey, toss the bleeding decapitated head in the back of a police cruiser; that's a great idea!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Trubel is great with the looks of "what the gently caress" so far.

Edit: looks like she did end up going to work for that FBI agent's group.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 16, 2015

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I just noticed that they've been darkening Juliette's hair lately. Season one she was an almost coppery redhead; now her hair is nearly black. THE SYMBOLISM, THE SYMBOLISM!!!

Ha, Wu with his shotgun, terrific.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 16, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The King is dead, long live the King?

Can't say I'm surprised Trubel ended up being the one killing Juliette.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Me either. I'm sad they did though---even as much as they ran her character into the ground, she used to be so awesome.....

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad Juliette is finally dead, but I think the whole arc might have worked better if it was shorter.

I also wasn't really surprised the King bit it, but I was a little shocked at the how. That came out of nowhere for me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, does the baby just have some crazy magic powers or something? The thing with the eyes was brand new.

What am I saying, that was probably written in at the last minute just like the FBI lady coming to grab Trubel.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

pentyne posted:

So, does the baby just have some crazy magic powers or something? The thing with the eyes was brand new.

What am I saying, that was probably written in at the last minute just like the FBI lady coming to grab Trubel.

The baby's been doing purple eyes stuff since she was born. And it looks like all it did was let the king know he was about to die.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

David Giuntoli posted:

Lots of heads flying these last couple of eps. We're probably doing well in the coveted ISIS demo.

:vince:

Astrofig posted:

Me either. I'm sad they did though---even as much as they ran her character into the ground, she used to be so awesome.....

It's amazing what just eight episodes can do.

Grimm Season 5: From awesome to awful in only 8 episodes!

I liked Juliette, and even though I thought the premise of the Hexenbiest transformation was pretty dumb, I still liked her character. But it only took a few episodes for me liking her character to wanting to see Juliette die. I've never seen character assassination that blatant or quick.

pentyne posted:

No it wasn't. Diana has had the purple eye thing happening since the start.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I liked Juliette, and even though I thought the premise of the Hexenbiest transformation was pretty dumb, I still liked her character. But it only took a few episodes for me liking her character to wanting to see Juliette die. I've never seen character assassination that blatant or quick.

Watch Sleepy Hollow. They did the exact same plot, except worse. Much worse.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I think the moment this show lost me was when I could see they were going to explore a Nick-Adalind pairing.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

MildShow posted:

Watch Sleepy Hollow. They did the exact same plot, except worse. Much worse.

Yep. Sleep Hollow is a great modern example of sidelining characters everyone love and/or totally destroying their character. All while introducing new ones that you never give enough screentime to or just plain suck.

I liked Juliette as well, especially how she took on a more active role when the secrets came out. This sweet almost nurturing Adalind is bullshit.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This Juliette arc has been especially frustrating because the character spent so much time struggling to get out to of the Girlfriend/Damsel box. I was hoping she'd become a serious member of the team and start stacking Royal bodies.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I thought it would have been really interesting if Juliette killed Nick and ran off. It would have been brave, unexpected and would turn the intensity to 11. It would also set up a major credible villain for next season. And it would set up Trubel vs Juliette which would be one hell of a fight.

Nick to me isn't a bad character and not really holding the show back or anything but he isn't exactly a transcendent character that is particularly deep or irreplaceable.

They killed the young royal dude, they killed the somewhat competent bald guy, the queen we didn't know existed until this episode died, the king died despite being vaguely threatening but overall pretty friendly, and Juliette died.

So I guess there is no villains except possibly a child and some rebel dude.
*sigh*

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

pasaluki posted:

*sigh*

Meisner is an ally of Renard and the resistance at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Meisner was the one who killed Eric Renard in fact.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So next season will start with Nick and Adalind on honeymoon. This poo poo is getting Terry Goodkind bad.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slamhound posted:

This Juliette arc has been especially frustrating because the character spent so much time struggling to get out to of the Girlfriend/Damsel box. I was hoping she'd become a serious member of the team and start stacking Royal bodies.

I am absolutely convinced that this whole storyline took a right hand turn a few episodes after the break.

The real proof is Henretta: They build her up as the one that can help Juilette, then right after Victor off-screen gets written off, things veered off. That's why they wrote her out in such a stupid manner after she failed to do anything, and after all the hype. I honestly think the original plan was to bring her back into the fold / possibly make her a Hexenbeist ally and member of the group. Which would have been cool, but if I were a bettering man the actress said "Get me the gently caress out of my contract" and this is what we got.

pasaluki posted:

*sigh*

They aren't even villains. He was with the resistance so he's probably just flying her back to the eagle-woman at the end of the episode.

But you're right, God the royals suck. A full royal in a fight with Nick lost worse than most Wessen he faced. Also the fact Renard was throttling his rear end before the wounds hit him didn't make me think Nick had any chance to lose.

As for killing his mother, an off-screen fight with like 30:1 odds didn't do much to make me think he was dangerous.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 16, 2015

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As bad as this season was, i think this was a pretty kickass season finale. With Juliette and most of the royals dead, perhaps the show can become good again.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Oasx posted:

perhaps the show can become good again.

Nope:

quote:

TVLINE | This may be too soon, but… Adalind and Nick are linked. Nick is now single —
KOUF | — and the father of her child.

TVLINE | — and the father of her child. Plus, she knows all of the secrets he normally has to hide from regular people who are close to him. Would you entertain the idea of pairing up Nick and Adalind?
GREENWALT | Well, something’s gotta happen, one way or the other. He’s gotta be responsible for the child.
KOUF | He’s got a child and he’s got to step up at some point. He knows he can’t abandon his child. He was abandoned.

TVLINE | Apart from that, for themselves, do you think Nick and Adalind could ever be attracted to each other?
KOUF | I think they have to try.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is loving hilarious only because I half don't think anyone is joking, from an interview:

quote:

So… let’s get right to it: Is Juliette really dead?

David Greenwalt: That’s a great question. Now, I think that’s a question that will be--

Jim Kouf: Hell yeah! We can only afford so many people in the fifth year.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Who the gently caress is the actress sleeping with on this show. At this point the only way this can be redeemed is she has the baby, says hello, the baby is taken out of the room and off comes her head. If they seriously try to push a romance with those two, just loving drat, fastest downward spiral I've ever seen continues.

Adalind should have loving died in season 1. 2 at the most.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 16, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Writing is hard work. Maybe instead of working hard they drink beer and watch daytime soaps, filling their heads with great ideas for last minute script writing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

They seem to be mostly kidding in that interview, so i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

Writing is hard work. Maybe instead of working hard they drink beer and watch daytime soaps, filling their heads with great ideas for last minute script writing.

I honestly have a strong impression there's major behind the scenes trouble going on, and it's not necessarily the writing staff's fault. poo poo keeps getting built up and referenced repeatedly (the keys, zombie Nick, ways to cure Juilette) that got dumped. The strongest indicator is their history with the actors lately, with disappearing and dying off-screen on numerous occasions, or being written out abruptly. Or how Trubel disappeared for an entire half season.

I'd bet you cash that there's a lot of messy Hollywood politics going on this season.

ED: Given the actors playing Nick & Juilette are dating/married I'd find it hilarious if this whole thing came about because they broke up. Given their only scenes together for a while were violent / uncomfortable looks, it wouldn't be too far of a leap.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 16, 2015

• Locked thread