Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Yuzenn posted:

It's not normal to be so irrationally happy with under 20 wins...is it? This team makes me feel good for a strange reason....

Whats their record been over the last two months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The key to happiness is to lower expectations. If you expected the 76ers to win single digit games and they win close to 20, they exceeded expectations!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are athletic and play defense, dunk all the time, commit stupendously amazing turnovers, and can't shoot.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
@WojYahooNBA: Charlotte has acquired guards Mo Williams and Troy Daniels for Gary Neal and a second-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Sure, cool.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
If Allen Iverson were alive to see the rampant metrosexuality in the modern NBA he'd burst into this fashion show and menace everyone there with the bulge in his pants.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Um, ok. But now the Wolves don't have a real backup PG anymore. Getting Gary Neal has to mean Kevin Martin is on his way out.

Edit: Wait, Neal is an expiring? Just keep Mo. Unless the Wolves think they can resign Neal.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
It'll be a sham of an event if Westbrook isn't involved.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah, Westbrook better be invited. I wanna see that man take it to the next level.

Yuzenn posted:

It's not normal to be so irrationally happy with under 20 wins...is it? This team makes me feel good for a strange reason....

Nah, it's fair. You can feel the potential/excitingness of some bad teams. Orlando, Minnesota, Boston and Philly come to mind. It's the chronically bad teams with no end and development in sight like the Lakers and Knicks that are the depressing ones.

If the team doesn't improve next year, then it feels bad. But for now there's reasons to be cautiously optimistic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Up until now I was willing to chalk Fisher's lack of success up to inexperience and being given a complete lack of talent outside Anthony and JR Smith, but it turns out he's a moron. Bargnani is loving worthless.

morestuff posted:

@WojYahooNBA: Charlotte has acquired guards Mo Williams and Troy Daniels for Gary Neal and a second-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Sure, cool.

I initially read this as Troy Hudson and wondered how the hell he was still in the league.

Also, regarding the Sixers: They work their asses off, which is why they're just gonna be garden variety lovely as opposed to historically bad. There's potential there, especially once they stop asking MCW to be their main offensive option.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

edit: better picture

lmao

triple sulk fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 10, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'll go to a Sixers game if Franklin actually plays.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Unless the Wolves think they can resign Neal.

I don't think they'd have much competition.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Um, ok. But now the Wolves don't have a real backup PG anymore. Getting Gary Neal has to mean Kevin Martin is on his way out.

Edit: Wait, Neal is an expiring? Just keep Mo. Unless the Wolves think they can resign Neal.

Neal isn't really worth re-signing — he was fine in Charlotte last year, but he's been pretty terrible so far and consistency has never been his thing. I kind of assumed the appeal for Minnesota was in getting that second-rounder and dumping Daniels' guaranteed deal next year.

Edit: that second-rounder is "a 2019 second-round pick that it owns via a 2014 trade with the Miami Heat."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shats Basoon posted:

No No NOooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOO

suckers are going to watch this and it will turn into a thing
fudge

"Kenny Smith, WNBA’s Elena Delle Donne and Charles Barkley are the three judges."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kenny is legit but barkley wears basketball shorts with a suit coat and a dang turtleneck on the reg, get him outta there

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

Neal isn't really worth re-signing — he was fine in Charlotte last year, but he's been pretty terrible so far and consistency has never been his thing. I kind of assumed the appeal for Minnesota was in getting that second-rounder and dumping Daniels' guaranteed deal next year.

Edit: that second-rounder is "a 2019 second-round pick that it owns via a 2014 trade with the Miami Heat."

Yeah ok, I'd rather have Mo for a couple months than an extra million next year I guess.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

barkley wears basketball shorts with a suit coat and a dang turtleneck on the reg, get him outta there

Shouldn't he be in the actual competition, then?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Yeah ok, I'd rather have Mo for a couple months than an extra million next year I guess.

Things are apparently still churning:

The Minnesota Timberwolves will explore possible deals to flip Charlotte Hornets acquisition Gary Neal, league sources tell RealGM.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

triple sulk posted:

edit: better picture

lmao

It's cute for little kids, which is all mascots are for. :kimchi:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Kenny is legit but barkley wears basketball shorts with a suit coat and a dang turtleneck on the reg, get him outta there

Barkley world be worth it just to here his of mah gash reaction to every outfit

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

Yeah but Minny is trying to lose games.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Would Mo Williams be an improvement over Mario Chalmers?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Would Mo Williams be an improvement over Mario Chalmers?

Yes, but Mo Williams is mostly a shooter, he doesn't really do much running an offense.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

morestuff posted:

Sure, cool.

The T'Wolves have traded away all of their 50 point scorers. This season.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Kibner posted:

It's cute for little kids, which is all mascots are for. :kimchi:

https://vine.co/v/OUxpEDQ1VHa

uh oh

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robin Lopez must destroy him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PantsFreeZone posted:

The T'Wolves have traded away all of their 50 point scorers. This season.

I'm pretty shocked that KG never managed to score 50

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff posted:

That was quick. From the AJC:

Adreian Payne will go to Minnesota for a future first-round pick.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Maybe he can get more minutes and start playing well in Minnesota but if not I am never praising a senior NBA Draft prospect ever again. I thought he was going to be perfect for the Hawks but so far it seems like I was overrating him based on him beating up on guys way younger.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
In fairness, it's actually hard to get off the bench in Atlanta. Horford, Millsap, Antic is too tattooed and large to deny him minutes, Mike Scott is inexplicably a good 3 point shooter, small ball

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

chunkles posted:

In fairness, it's actually hard to get off the bench in Atlanta. Horford, Millsap, Antic is too tattooed and large to deny him minutes, Mike Scott is inexplicably a good 3 point shooter, small ball

The Draft Kings spam that shows up on basketball-reference is annoying, but you occasionally get some funny stuff:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ugh, I don't like the Wolves sending off a future first though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why would Minnesota ever trade away a future first round pick? They are pretty much always terrible so those picks tend to always be valuable.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Libertine posted:

Why would Minnesota ever trade away a future first round pick? They are pretty much always terrible so those picks tend to always be valuable.

I'm guessing it will be heavily protected, but that's kinda bad too since it limits what they can do with their picks.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Libertine posted:

The west is wide open, they're only one rookie away from making the playoffs for sure

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Landing Payne means they have to let Thad walk right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I really wanted Payne on the Kings :(

I wouldn't give up a first for him at this point but come on PDA you need to try to get something

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Landing Payne means they have to let Thad walk right?

Maybe they try and shuffle off Bennett to somebody.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dwyane Wade says he's not going to play in the All-Star Game and that if he could pick his replacement, he'd like to see Brandon Knight make it.

Wade is the best. /sticks fingers in ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

The Minnesota Timberwolves will explore possible deals to flip Charlotte Hornets acquisition Gary Neal, league sources tell RealGM.

They're gonna get a real interesting haul for a gary neals corpse, currently shooting under 36% from the field

• Locked thread