Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The nice thing about the trolls is that they're not really charging any more than if you purchased the current plastics.

The metal MtO trolls are legit cheaper from GW than from the metal recasters I know of. It's insane given that it is GW.

I ended up buying the trolls on the last day available, and well... it gave me an estimated 190 working days for delivery. Means I have time to paint up some orcs and goblins before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

lilljonas posted:

The metal MtO trolls are legit cheaper from GW than from the metal recasters I know of. It's insane given that it is GW.

I ended up buying the trolls on the last day available, and well... it gave me an estimated 190 working days for delivery. Means I have time to paint up some orcs and goblins before then.

For reference I bought 2 of the made to order Bret Lords and I got them about 3 weeks ago.

So maybe 4 months?

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

serious gaylord posted:

For reference I bought 2 of the made to order Bret Lords and I got them about 3 weeks ago.

So maybe 4 months?

On the other hand, I bought 2 of the made to order Bret Lords and have yet to hear anything. YMMV

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I ordered the MTO Tomb Kings and have had zero updates as well.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Every time I've bought a MTO model from GW it takes 6 months for me to get it

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Finished 5x more Knights of the Realm to finish my group of 9 total

Based all this stuff on the original 25x50mm bases, have been using Miniwargaming's converter trays; they matched the shape of the bases well, and had a slot for magnets so everyone doesn't wobble around. The white Knight is showing off the single-unit converter; made up a few of these in case I need to "blunt the lance" if you catch my drift

Only 4895495948985403 more Knights to go

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
Had my first game today with my OnG against some High Elves, we did not finish the game because we kept checking rules and making sure we were doing things right so we ran out of time but nevertheless, game is real good.
Making units have to slog around Crystalline columns to get anywhere is hilarious and I think I made my opponnent fear and respect night goblin warbosses on giant cave squigs forevermore. He put so much effort and resources into killing him once he caught and wiped out one of his units of Ellyrian Reavers that he probably won me the game by making him use his lvl4 to kill him for two consecutive turns instead of focusing on more important targets.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Finished 5x more Knights of the Realm to finish my group of 9 total

1000000% username post combination

These are all entirely baronvanawesome

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Another good article on the history of dwarf slayers in WHFB: https://medium.com/@eric.seri/dwarf-slayers-warhammer-unit-chronicles-ba67904bec2a

Chap's def a grog with his own tastes and preferences but he's chill about it and there's a lot of really interesting stuff. One thing that goes sadly unmentioned is the care that sculptors have taken over the years to properly depict the arc and twist of a beer belly as a dwarf swings an axe across their chest with their stubby lil arms.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here are a couple of spawn I finished a couple weeks ago. I was working on a big batch of chaos warriors, but I needed a spawn for a little friendly Warcry thing I was going to so I had to shift gears. They were a fun little project and I got to experiment a bit. The kit is old, but has aged decently enough given that it's mostly big muscles, claws, and goopy tentacles. They're still a lot of fun to put together with how much customization is available.

With a chaos warrior for comparison:

NOVA is approaching quicker than I would like and I am buried up to my neck in chaos warriors right now. However, I was able to snag a metal dragon ogre shaggoth off of ebay. It was the last piece missing from my 2500 list and I'm really looking forward to painting it. It was always one of those models that I loved as a kid, but never had a reason to buy since I didn't play chaos. I'll probably be getting a second when they remaster it in FW resin with the beastmen release, but I desperately wanted to avoid the finecast versions floating around out there. The resin one will be for converting a specific loadout I have in mind, the metal one will be unmodified because it's a classic and I don't want to mess with that.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Grabbed me a Necrosphinx and...I feel almost suspicious.

Not only is it a gorgeous model, but you get one massive monster, a Tomb King, four skeleton pikemen, assorted bugs, scorpions and locusts, and a bunch of substantial alternate parts which work perfectly as scenery / statuary with very little conversion work required (I put some wheels on the howdah to make it a chariot and it looks great). All, in the UK, for a retail price point not considerably higher than "two Cities of Sigmar witch hunter heroes" or "one particularly big Space Marine standing on a rock."

I know it's a re-release, but it's a weird thing to finish putting together a Games Workshop kit and feel like you got a pretty good bargain out of it. This is Stockholm Syndrome, isn't it.

grobbo fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 8, 2024

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Old world pricing good, OP

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It is bizarrely decent at times, their Night Goblin set of 40 figures is a little cheaper than two of their Gloomspite Gits Stabbas sets of 20 each.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

LashLightning posted:

It is bizarrely decent at times, their Night Goblin set of 40 figures is a little cheaper than two of their Gloomspite Gits Stabbas sets of 20 each.

wait what

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

grobbo posted:

wait what

Games Workshop are doing this weird thing where they hate synergy between games making shared kits more valuable to them so no model can be shared between OW and AOS, so they re-released the old Night Goblin kit despite it being basically identical to the new one, except the old one is way cheaper. :shrug:

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

The Old World orcs n goblins 40 model jobs are a good enough deal that for the first time in 15 years I’m considering buying them to use in other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

The new night goblin models are so drat near identical to the old ones that despite playing AOS for five years and one of my regular opponents playing Gloomspite, I still only realized they weren't still using the 6th ed night goblins when I saw that they put the 6th ed night goblins back on sale for OW.

Keeping both models in stock and production is just kind of farcical.