Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you think plastic is more scummy than a watcher that doesn't watch an outed gunsmith and tobbs "self-conscious" gnawed?

With Tobbs, my thoughts have waffled the whole game,
From scum to town and back and forth the same.
It's true that Maer's watch should have been Shell,
Something that in hindsight we all can tell,
But nothing else from them reads scum at all
And since when is town always optimal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

CirclMastr posted:

With Tobbs, my thoughts have waffled the whole game,
From scum to town and back and forth the same.
It's true that Maer's watch should have been Shell,
Something that in hindsight we all can tell,
But nothing else from them reads scum at all
And since when is town always optimal?

So that's a lot of words that amount to nothing.

Anyway, who's actually around? Only one hour to go.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

These midday deadlines are killer, but I’ll be here. Would still switch to tobbs, sandy’s direct response cooled me a bit on him

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Man I really regret that town call on Binus laffo. Also hi, I guess I'm actually awake.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

So that's a lot of words that amount to nothing.

Now wait a tick,
You've taken a single data point and extrapolated out from it beyond the bounds of logic.
And when I say so
You accuse me of putting all my effort into style without any substance which you know
Isn't true
So maybe stop and consider that the problem might be you.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

Now wait a tick,
You've taken a single data point and extrapolated out from it beyond the bounds of logic.
And when I say so
You accuse me of putting all my effort into style without any substance which you know
Isn't true
So maybe stop and consider that the problem might be you.

a) That doesn't rhyme.

b) While it might have come over more rude than intended, you're essentially giving any statements of alignment on Tobbs in there.

I'll concede Maer, I think I misread that, that looks like a town call.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Unfortunately due to the deadline, I doubt we have enough people around to swap. Honestly at this point, I want to see the random lunch just to see what will happen since this town is determined to not lunch scum.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also, just want to remind everyone that Nep exists for the next couple of days, since she's usually got a very high effort town game and has been much more subdued.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Unfortunately due to the deadline, I doubt we have enough people around to swap. Honestly at this point, I want to see the random lunch just to see what will happen since this town is determined to not lunch scum.

For what it's worth I'm still kind of amazed with how many people seem okay with tobbs using night actions to pin you as scum but completely ignoring the same, imo way worse, night action maer claimed.

But what do I care, I'm dying tonight anyway. Don't you dare doctor me somehow.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bet they'll ignore my posts after I'm dead while I scream "MURDER TOBBBSSSSSSS" into the void, too.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami Fenrir posted:

For what it's worth I'm still kind of amazed with how many people seem okay with tobbs using night actions to pin you as scum but completely ignoring the same, imo way worse, night action maer claimed.

But what do I care, I'm dying tonight anyway. Don't you dare doctor me somehow.

I'm kinda amazed at how one intentionally lovely vote on Maerlyn to see what shook out suddenly got so many people on my rear end. If the thought of random death wasn't so funny I'd volunteer to be lunched just to get out of this town. Also laughing my rear end off that the one time I have a solid town call on Binus he turns around and does this.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm here and I'm not caught up. I'll consider a tobbs switch but where's that coming from?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Roughly 30 minutes left. If anyone got anything left to say, please do so.

In case we lunch plastic and they DO end up scum:

You can disregard my read on tobbs and maer.

B-'s vote on plastic is still scummy as poo poo though, imo.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Largely this case:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that Tobbs and Maerlyn are scum with each other.

Here is my reasoning:

To begin with, the Shell kill was brazen as hell. Scum did not fear a Watcher. Despite having zero info otherwise. This implies either a ninja... or the Watcher to be on their side. Point against Maerlyn.

No townie claimed to have visited Shell alongside Tobbs. That means that tobbs is probably lying. Why? Because there is no reason for a second scumbo to follow along a ninja kill. Of course there could be a 3p killer that ALSO visited shell or something, but I doubt they'd run into a possible watch like this.

Which brings me right back to Maerlyn! The stated reason for their watch is weak as poo poo.

You can't tell me that you think a replacement is THIS town that you're willing to ignore an outed gunsmith with a dead doc over it. Again, Maer had a townread on shell.

Here's what I really think: Maer didn't watch Shell because she'd knew that her action would fail. Because Tobbs is on her team and is either lying about their role, or doesn't actually stop kills with it.

I just cannot fathom a world where a TOWN WATCHER would not visit the gunsmith right after the doc died... but a scum watcher that knew it was futile makes way more sense.

As for Tobbs, having two different roleblocky roles is a bit suspect. The fact that Shell still died, but no other townie claimed to visit them? Is already suspicious. There are very few scum roles that would also visit a kill, and even less when there still is a risk of a watcher.

There was a also a good amount of suspicion on Tobbs day 1 that mostly just evaporated.

As a bonus, I don't think either of them were around anywhere to deadline? I need to reread that stuff again, but they're definitely in the crew of "Let the end of day happen."

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

a) That doesn't rhyme.

The rhyme is there, the meter's not.
The deadline gives no time for thought.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If you get me dunked and you see my flip, will you at least concede that I'm not stupid enough to claim a visit to the NK target immediately and unprompted?

Because your case means I'd give a box of rocks a run for their money in a stupidity competition.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs also spent a good amount of time dodging the question regarding what he thinks about maers night actions which I find suspect.

Recently, they've also (imo) greatly misrepresented plastics content.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not going to go into 1 and 2 since we can argue whose theory is more correct until we grow blue in the face.

On 3/5: I don't think this really applies. They made one post about that and continued trucking on.

When I posted my theory, they went out of their way to go look for the people that fit my theory. If nothing else that counts as making an effort.

On 4: Excuse me? If somebody suddenly gets jumped on that quick (and yes I consider the 3 votes (on the same day, iirc) quick), you absolutely should be looking at the votes.

That said, let's go back on 5:

This is actually just laughable. These are the posts where Plastic mentioned you:

Basically just mentioning that you have similar roles (which is usually a red flag)

Big catch-up posts where you're just mentioned a long with several others.

Claiming that plastic is taking pot shots al lday at you specifically is REALLY self conscious when the post with the clearest scum call on you was a catch up post on you YESTERDAY that included all of his reads.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you get me dunked and you see my flip, will you at least concede that I'm not stupid enough to claim a visit to the NK target immediately and unprompted?

Because your case means I'd give a box of rocks a run for their money in a stupidity competition.

Tbh, I disagree. I'd claim it too. It's your specific claimed role that makes no sense to me in that scenario.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh, the biggest damning thing about Tobbs IMO is his reaction to my lovely vote on Maerlyn.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Maerlyn was defending me but she also knows that's a way to get on my good side.

Maaaaaerlyn are you scum?

Hal is being very nice which is also suspicious.

Also still sus on taste for being instrumental in getting Grandi dunked.

Then he promptly ignores all of those scum reads the second I start getting heat for the vote to bandwagon on. Including calling Maerlyn my strongest town read laffo.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

PlasticAutomaton (4): Maerlyn, Sandwolf, b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, CirclMastr, Sandwolf, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Maerlyn, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, b-minus1
Somberbrero (3): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, hambeet, Nep-Nep, Hal Insandenza
b-minus1 (2): t a s t e, Maerlyn, t a s t e, t a s t e
Tobbs Gnawed (2): t a s t e, t a s t e, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Yami Fenrir, PlasticAutomaton
Ignatius M. Meen (1): PlasticAutomaton, Somberbrero, PlasticAutomaton
Maerlyn (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Sandwolf (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Hal Insandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
t a s t e (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (1): Sandwolf

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 22nd, 2022 at noon EDT -- that's in about 19 minutes.

please dont forget about your postcount.... i might.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I don't think Plastic or Tobbs are scum, I'd rather eliminate binus than those two.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I don't think Plastic or Tobbs are scum, I'd rather eliminate binus than those two.

Honestly?

I'd be up for a b- lunch.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'd be incredibly okay with dunking Binus out of spite.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That bandwagon post is so absolutely terrible it hurts.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Basically straight out of rimworld's scum bee book.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Yami's observations are good, I could just as well see Maerlyn, though in that case I kinda question why Maerlyn wouldn't have just lied since she was supposedly rb'ed anyway.

##vote Tobbs

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

this sucks. if deadline weren't literally after my break ends I'd be open to switching but like hell am I gonna risk random townie execution, even though I agree you got a good theory there and definitely think if Plastic flips town Tobbs would be a good thunderdome candidate. Maer should have watched Shell, but I don't get super scum vibes from her otherwise. definitely would go for binus or Nep though as well

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

gently caress it, let's see if this shakes out.

##vote: Binus

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Binus is inscrutable to me
But I would vote for them; they feel scummy.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Are you some kind of Loud?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote b-

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##unvote

##vote b-minus

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh, we have just enough people around that we could switch over to Binus if everyone swaps now since whoever's left seems to be content to leave Tobbs tonight.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Are you some kind of Loud?

Nope. But I've not lied about anything and feel 100% that I've played my role the best I can.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

If 2 of Tobbs, Meen, and Nep swap then that's a dunk

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##unvote
##vote bminus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wait deadline? ##vote tobbs

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Eh, the biggest damning thing about Tobbs IMO is his reaction to my lovely vote on Maerlyn.

Then he promptly ignores all of those scum reads the second I start getting heat for the vote to bandwagon on. Including calling Maerlyn my strongest town read laffo.

Oh I did forget about this, and I forgot about this really odd "okay she's town" post he made D1 that Shell called out. I still prefer binus though, feels like he's flying under the radar

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah okay I'm fairly sure I need to die ASAP now or at least roleblocked. Not sure if waiting on Meen is worthwhile or not but whatever.

Fullclaim incoming, I believe b-.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay so, I my role is "instigator."

Every night I have two targets to instigate. I asked Toal about this last night after grandi's flip. I am FORCED to pick two people.

This causes my targets to take alternative actions. I am not told what actions they are or if my role is helping. It's just "unpredictable, alternative actions."

I got suspicious because of Grandicaps flavor. Doesn't that sound weirdly like an arsonist?

Because of this I got suspicious that my role is actually anti town - my theory is that if I targeted Grandi I would have caused him to "ignite" all the people protected like an arso.

I targeted b- and meen to hopefully do as little damage as possible.

I'm fairly sure it's my action that turned b- into Poisoning me.

So there's a very good chance that 2 out of 2 "unpredictable, alternative" actions are straight up anti-town.

This is dumb, what are you all doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ugh not feeling great about b but this make me feel a nervous