Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just finished this episode tonight, and I have so many questions. Are Vicgeorge and the "Hero Smurf" guy from the previous episode different people? Which one of them first wrote about Smurf erotic dreams / lust frenzies that can only be cured by loving a doll in the image of your crush object, and which one just ripped the other guy off? I mean, it can't be a coincidence. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Oh wow, Idiot Vampire is a series she has.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Antivehicular posted:

I just finished this episode tonight, and I have so many questions. Are Vicgeorge and the "Hero Smurf" guy from the previous episode different people? Which one of them first wrote about Smurf erotic dreams / lust frenzies that can only be cured by loving a doll in the image of your crush object, and which one just ripped the other guy off? I mean, it can't be a coincidence. Right?

Yeah they're the same guy. It can be confusing, because there is a series on a different character named Hero Smurf, but it's all DBZ characters. Vic George has been constructing Smurfs fanon since 1985, he's got quite a lot of interconnected works. His works were in a mix of several different fan creators who all use similar naming conventions so it's real fuckin hard to keep track. Considering his 30+ year tenure as a Smurfs hack though, I think it's safe to say that much fanon lore is based on stuff he's said, by merit of just being so drat prolific. This is in contrast to his actual art, which he just steals.

In the first Smurfs ep we also covered Enriquearreguin777 aka The Gloved One, who did the time travel Michael Jackson stuff.

quote:

I am Sir Enrique Alejandro Arreguin. (Sir isn't my first name. I was knighted by the Catholic Church back in 2014 and given the title, thus made royalty) I am also known as Michael or Hank to others in my community. On other social media, I am also known as The Gloved One. I am 24 years old. I have been a fan of the Smurfs franchise for a long time. I am the creator of the Smurf Me Up series, which features my main character, Glovey Smurf, whom is considered my "Smurf avatar." The story was created as a sequel for the Smurfs' Adventures cartoon, which had no ending due to being cancelled
That's not completely relevant but I also didn't want to not share it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean, I'm not gonna lie the people who just take the most dumbass/weird ideas like 'idiot vampire' and mr foot infection kinda own. If you're gonna get into this niche poo poo might as well make it funny and/or deeply specific.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

someone post the funky kong one

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1107378087644327936?s=19

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I am also known as The Gloved One.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They've been releasing these in overdrive lately.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Can't wait for Episode 301 next week!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ParserGirl posted:

Oh wow, Idiot Vampire is a series she has.

It'd be genius if it wasn't an ASMR thing

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The ultimate badass wears cargo pants

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is like if Sandman Slim was more judgmental and somehow even stupider.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

The stupidity burns.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Holy poo poo these are some unlikable protagonists

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Christ almighty, it's like staring into the face of TV Tropes.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I dunno, TVTropes would get hung up on "but he's out of MP and doesn't have any potions what do I do now?!" after, uh, having hell meet hellfire the first time. :v:

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
This episode rocks! I LOVE bad fiction. And everyone really seems to be in their sweet spot this ep, having such a good time! I love it!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Can someone tell me who I could get to fight fire with hellfire, and who I could also get if I had a contract with the devil, god help me??

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I don't know but there's a weird liger who doesn't want to get involved with any of that.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I swear I've either heard or read parts of the first excerpt from this episode somewhere before. The weirdest deja vu.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bits of it got posted in the PYF Bad Book thread.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
This one was really fun! It's nice to get back to the days of reading lovely fiction out loud.

PS: this thread has been receptive of Ephemera, and the f+'s Achilles Heelies just starred in an episode for me (about a bitcoin-obsessed teenage acid wastoid).

Find it in your podcatcher or behind this link.

Since I last posted about it here I've also gone and put out the second ep of my Splinternet series (this time about Russia) and also probably a couple more regular eps, but again, you should go listen to the new one with Achilles Heelies because he did a great job. Thanks.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
This episode is like listening to someone talk about their lovely Vampire: the Masquerade character. In, fact, I'd put good money on that being where the whole mess started.

STOG is a Malkavian.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I always wondered what happened to the author of My Immortal.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Ephemera has come up in my recommendations before. I’ve been looking for new podcasts so I’ll give it a listen tomorrow.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

HoboTech posted:

This episode is like listening to someone talk about their lovely Vampire: the Masquerade character. In, fact, I'd put good money on that being where the whole mess started.

STOG is a Malkavian.

It reminds me of someone trying to write Devil May Cry but taking it completely seriously and ruining the charm of it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

a dozen swans posted:

This one was really fun! It's nice to get back to the days of reading lovely fiction out loud.

PS: this thread has been receptive of Ephemera, and the f+'s Achilles Heelies just starred in an episode for me (about a bitcoin-obsessed teenage acid wastoid).

Find it in your podcatcher or behind this link.

Since I last posted about it here I've also gone and put out the second ep of my Splinternet series (this time about Russia) and also probably a couple more regular eps, but again, you should go listen to the new one with Achilles Heelies because he did a great job. Thanks.

1. Great avatar
2. Great podcast, I listen to every episode. :)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Really good STOG episode. Morgan Blayde's focus on specifically underaged girls caught me off-guard, though. :yikes:

Lesbiathan posted this good thing on Ballp.it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5TR66MJHM

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BaDandy posted:

It reminds me of someone trying to write Devil May Cry but taking it completely seriously and ruining the charm of it.

that was my thought too, someone played the DMC games and thought "this is okay, but it'd be WAY BETTER if Dante drank lots, and we made sure everyone knows he Fucks"

so what I'm saying on congratulations to Morgan Blayde for getting a job at Ninja Theory!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
More like Jim Butcher but a thousand times more unlikable.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Alaois posted:

that was my thought too, someone played the DMC games and thought "this is okay, but it'd be WAY BETTER if Dante drank lots, and we made sure everyone knows he Fucks"

so what I'm saying on congratulations to Morgan Blayde for getting a job at Ninja Theory!

"Meet Cain Deathwalker. Raised as a demon, armed like a gun merchant, and fueled by booze."

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Once I heard "18 and counting" I immediately started to picture everyone as a member of the Dugger family. I hate this author just for that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1108100783827021824

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Checked out Ephemera and had a great time listening to the episode about that goon who bought some land in a rainforest.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ephemera/id1368947658?mt=2&i=1000416231146

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'll frankly be pretty disappointed if it comes before 301.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Fplus reads Simpsons fan theories?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Filmed Simpsons slashfic performance in full costume.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Simpson’s roleplaying game in the vein of Honey Heist

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

"Mac Becomes A Kindle Author"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Simpson erotic fanfic, but only Mr. Burns/tertiary character fics.