Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm very slowly leveling her up to use her in PVP. It's just training times that is slowing me down right now.

I'm really enjoying the characters they've been adding recently. Yea I still want Jubilee, Dazzler andNamor, and some of the other major Marvel heroes that aren't in the game yet, but going with lesser known stuff makes it interesting. At this point I can see Wiccan and Hulking added at some point, Gwenpool as well. Though I'd like to see some more alt costumes. Dammit, give me red jacket Wonder Man. Not to mention some ANAD costumes like Wolverine.

Actually a spec ops based on her comic series could be cool, with her working for Modok in chapter 1 and then joining the heroes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Costumes are hard once they decided to make them ability enhancing, I guess.

They can't just do a half assed one like original Daredevil that adds a single passive anymore either, they've raised the bar too much.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Any hints for the Ant-Man heroic? I keep getting wrecked by the scrapper in round 1, even though I'm using the incapacitate move.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

twistedmentat posted:

Any hints for the Ant-Man heroic? I keep getting wrecked by the scrapper in round 1, even though I'm using the incapacitate move.

I used the ISO that lets you heal by resting, activated my class ability manually and used the level 2 to make it so the scrapper didn't get followups. Then I healed myself by resting while I countered everything to death.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

twistedmentat posted:

My strategy's been to use a Cooperative a-iso to make Greatest Allies a quick action, then use Swarm Cloud to keep the scrapper Winded. As long as you do that, there shouldn't be anything that would cause his auto-revive to not trigger properly and everyone in the first wave should slowly die from Combat Reflexes even if you take forever to deal with the scrapper. Once you enter the second round, just use Swarm Cloud again to lower Crossfire's damage and stop his counterattacks and you should be fine.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

twistedmentat posted:

I gave Ant-Man the Ablative E-Iso (half damage from gun attacks) and the Blurred E-Iso (starts with mirror images). I dont think that the Blurred one helped, so I might swap that out for something else. Maybe the counterattacks apply poisoned one.

I also gave his level 2 (Greatest Allies) the Collapsing A-Iso ("Equipped ground attack applies Fumbling and Hobbled") and the Pulpy A-iso ("Equipped melee attack causes bleeding") on his level 1. As his level 1 is also his counter I threw out the ants to give everyone fumbling then the counters made them bleed.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Just run Faiza the entire time. Everyone else is and it's great to have a 10 minute battle where the entire opposing team ends at full health. Makes you feel really good about your life choices.

Seriously. I usually kinda enjoy PVP, but with all the stuff that has come out recently this one is the worst.

Faiza, Cloak and Dagger, and sine he was on sale Beastilence is everywhere.

The Worthy haven't ever really bothered me.

I run AoU Thor with eISO and AoU Hulk with eISO. I just switched my agent to Meta Rifle, Psyche, Staff, cube, and AoU rifle with the Tact Mech suite, from RR, Mask, Sensor, Scroll, and AoU Rifle with Anniversary Generalist Suit.

I got Ronan in record time, so I'm seriously considering sitting out the rest of this season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll need to level up SCott then before i can try it. That's basically my problem with most of the heorics, they're using characters I've barely touched.

There are ISO weapons in research now, I guess that's what the special ISOs are for.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The drop rates for those special Iso are so low that I think I stand a better chance of playing through Mission 5 until I get all of them from the boss drop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not to craft the base, it's for an enhanced version.

You need 8 of two different kinds of the ISOs, so I don't think anybody will get them without paying gold.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

As far as I can tell you need the base weapon AND 8 of the correct 2 different coloured iso to craft the upgraded version. Having run through the chapter once I have the base anti-worthy ghost rider thing, 2 blue iso and 16 red iso (Col Borson epic boss roulette dropped 16 red). The ghost rider weapon doesnt use red or blue for the upgrade. I think those "create weapon in research" tasks are going to be sitting there untouched for a great while to be honest. The drop rate doesnt seem generous.

Luckily I'm not in a huge rush to master the chapter (I'm not looking to use worth rider or knight in PVP or anything) so I can just wait until either someone comes up with a foolproof strategy for the Drax/Cammi and the Misty/Wing heroics, or I've levelled the poo poo out of those heroes. I've at least completed all the others once.

On the upside I got Ronan, so I can just stop playing PVP for the season, which is nice.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
The worst thing about the Drax + Cammi heroic is that I've yet to get Cammi's E-ISO... but I've gotten Drax's three times now.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

MAKE THAT FOUR NOW AAARRRGH

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

This one is not only for all of you who haven't managed to do this battle, but also for myself.

But I never want to go through that again. Almost three days of constant reloading and about 4 or 5 times I thought I got it, only to get just 64500 points.

Preparations:

-First, give Magneto and Mr. Fantastic half of their isos to be Attack+Agility and the other half pure Agility.

-Second, their e-isos from this fight help a lot, particularly Reed's. I also gave him a Risen Force e-iso.

-Third, put an increased damaged a-iso on Reed's Tumble. Magneto can do with the Ionizing a-iso on his first attack.

-Fourth, make sure you have the patience of a tibetan monk turning one of those prayer wheels, because you'll be relaoading A LOT.

Fight Time:

-It must start with Magneto and Mr. Fantastic first, in that order. Magneto lv.1, then Mr. F lv.9 to take away Ronan's shield and a third of his health.

-Hope you will dodge his first attack with no static charge damage either. It also helps that Magneto pre-counters him.

-Stack the Radiation with Magneto, then use Reed's Tumble to do some heavy damage (thanks to the a-iso and the e-iso passive making sure it's a critical).

-Ronan will attack again, and your characters have to dodge it all. You really need Magneto to counter because Ronan has to either: a)die from DOTs, or b)die from the counter. Otherwise, you'll stay at 64500 points.

The Kingfisher745 is also a nice guide, but his strategy hinges more on piling the bleeding and radiation while using the lv.15 Tactician free turns.

And yes, I did it with lv.13 characters. :smug:

Edit: Checked my math, and without the counter bonus it comes to 67500. In any case, it helps to up the rounds bonus, since the times I got 64500 was with only a 300 point bonus for rounds.

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 24, 2016

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 13 days!)

Ronan the Accuser posted:

You will still be punished for those crimes in the future, but for now, you will assist me in prolonging our universe's existence.
Shut up and get in the Quinjet

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kal-L posted:

This one is not only for all of you who haven't managed to do this battle, but also for myself.

But I never want to go through that again. Almost three days of constant reloading and about 4 or 5 times I thought I got it, only to get just 64500 points.

Preparations:

-First, give Magneto and Mr. Fantastic half of their isos to be Attack+Agility and the other half pure Agility.

-Second, their e-isos from this fight help a lot, particularly Reed's. I also gave him a Risen Force e-iso.

-Third, put an increased damaged a-iso on Reed's Tumble. Magneto can do with the Ionizing a-iso on his first attack.

-Fourth, make sure you have the patience of a tibetan monk turning one of those prayer wheels, because you'll be relaoading A LOT.

Fight Time:

-It must start with Magneto and Mr. Fantastic first, in that order. Magneto lv.1, then Mr. F lv.9 to take away Ronan's shield and a third of his health.

-Hope you will dodge his first attack with no static charge damage either. It also helps that Magneto pre-counters him.

-Stack the Radiation with Magneto, then use Reed's Tumble to do some heavy damage (thanks to the a-iso and the e-iso passive making sure it's a critical).

-Ronan will attack again, and your characters have to dodge it all. You really need Magneto to counter because Ronan has to either: a)die from DOTs, or b)die from the counter. Otherwise, you'll stay at 64500 points.

The Kingfisher745 is also a nice guide, but his strategy hinges more on piling the bleeding and radiation while using the lv.15 Tactician free turns.

And yes, I did it with lv.13 characters. :smug:

Edit: Checked my math, and without the counter bonus it comes to 67500. In any case, it helps to up the rounds bonus, since the times I got 64500 was with only a 300 point bonus for rounds.

There are very few times I recommend spending gold, but this task is one of them. In the battle you can spend 10 gold in the "combat store" to get a "Elite combat localized nullifier". It kills any enemy outright. Start the fight, if you dont go first then just let ronan kill you. When you DO go first then spend the gold on the thingy and kill Ronan. The bonuses you get will be enough to beat the score challenge. Obviously thats not a method if you are actually wanting to farm the iso but for the score challenge task it works. You could spend gold to skip the task instead but you need to complete the heroic for chapter mastery anyway, so you might as well take the win instead. When I was trying it I didnt have magneto, and I'm pretty confident the task is literally impossible if you cant put decent isos on magneto.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The reward for all 6 heroics is 10 gold anyway, so it's "free".

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
You shall not rob me of my victory! :argh:

But yeah, after going through all of that, I can't blame anyone who just uses the instawin grenade.

It's just... this fight was so challenging, I wanted to do it the "right" way. A personal challenge, if you may.

Best part, is that now I have Angrir... after the anti-worthy weapons are available... and the Golden Sextant... :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I seriously hosed up Abomination with A-Bomb. Even at level 10 Rick just leveled him.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Chapter 12's out. Doing everything doesn't get you anything besides a ton of CP and gold, but you really do get a lot of CP and gold.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the full reward is 128 gold.

And that's one of 3 that give gold.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
So is that it? Is the game done?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I would assume there is a Chapter 3 coming.

And given that MAA2 hasn't really updated anything in weeks, I doubt that migration is going too well. It's gotten to where I just log in for the daily bonus, then sigh at the idea of grinding for AP to level up my already-maxed-out-but-still-not-enough heroes to deal with missions that are 7 levels above the max, and then log out.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Yeah. My opinion is that Playdom would have called this the game's ending if they were ending the game now. As is, they've left enough hooks for future content for the game to keep going for at least a little while longer.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

FYI, you need Mighty Weapons to beat Epic Boss Odin. He has an Impenetrable Shield that negates damage and debuffs without them.

Or else you'll have to do what I'm doing, which is wasting my supply of Mystical Munitions to do damage to him (without the debuffs, so I have to use a lot).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

FYI, you need Mighty Weapons to beat Epic Boss Odin. He has an Impenetrable Shield that negates damage and debuffs without them.

Or else you'll have to do what I'm doing, which is wasting my supply of Mystical Munitions to do damage to him (without the debuffs, so I have to use a lot).

Or you do what I did and take Spitfire and use Iron Man's level 9 each round. Give the agent the gadget that will eventually guarantee hits, crits, and ignore defense. The first round takes a while, but eventually Iron Man's level 9 will cut through it, and then Spitfire can take him out the next two rounds before he even has a chance to go.

Next season looks like it'll deal with the incursions. So Secret Wars is coming. The game isn't done.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

Man I seriously hosed up Abomination with A-Bomb. Even at level 10 Rick just leveled him.

My level 6 A-bomb beat the heroic battle on Challenge Mode.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Codependent Poster posted:

Or you do what I did and take Spitfire and use Iron Man's level 9 each round. Give the agent the gadget that will eventually guarantee hits, crits, and ignore defense. The first round takes a while, but eventually Iron Man's level 9 will cut through it, and then Spitfire can take him out the next two rounds before he even has a chance to go.

Which gadget is that?

Why would Iron Man's Level 9 eventually cut through it? There's no duration on the Shield and Blue Marvel's Level 9 didn't scratch him. Huh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Singularly Matrix or Small Hadron Collider.

It worked because it output tons of damage. Just make sure that his stamina is up every round and use his level 9 and he can output enough damage to take down the shield. Easy pickings for Spitfire then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you need the upgraded weapons for Odin, or just the base?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Do you need the upgraded weapons for Odin, or just the base?

iirc the tooltip said infused worthy weapons, but I'm also fairly certain the Golden Sextant's counter-attacks broke through his shield when I fought him so maybe that works? All I know is that the only full-power Mighty weapon I have is the sextant and I only had to manually remove Odin's shield once, in the first wave. Maybe it was the sextant, maybe it interacted weirdly with Shield Breaker and his Shield Breaker resistance, maybe it was a billion other possible rules interactions. All I know is that I used the sextant for the entire chapter and it interacts really weirdly with the Mighty mechanics they're using this chapter.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 26, 2016

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Lurks With Wolves posted:

All I know is that I used the sextant for the entire chapter and it interacts really weirdly with the Mighty mechanics they're using this chapter.

One thing is it says it gives fear immunity with Marvelous Might but paralyzing fear still gets applied and triggers.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Thanks to chapter 12, I got Iron Fists alt and had enough to get all of the 90 command points heroes I'm missing. Just to need to grind for the PVP/Spec Op heroes now.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Thanks to chapter 12, I got Iron Fists alt and had enough to get all of the 90 command points heroes I'm missing. Just to need to grind for the PVP/Spec Op heroes now.

i was actually considering spending real money to get Kraven and Spiderman Noir since i had stopped playing for a while and spent all my gold and cp just to get the heroic battle characters I was missing. Then Chapter 12 came out and I'M RIIIIIIIIICH!

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Well, looks like we're in refresh hell for the last hour of PvP, so hopefully my 300-point buffer will hold out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It keeps refreshing while i'm in a battle, so it keeps counting me as losses, but the losses are like -1 and -2.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Wow I got Adamantium. I was really not expecting that. I only got up to 1700 last night, and normally I'll get knocked down 200 points before PVP ends.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was at work all day so I got home and the second to last fight knocked me down to 1544. Then the very last fight was a defense I won and got me to 1560. :smug:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Boo. I left in Adamantium, finished in VIbranium. I like Phyla, too. Oh well. I got a poo poo-ton of gold and CP, so I'll be fine when she's released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, the Drax Cammie heroic is just brutal. I can't never last very long and both Drax and Cammie take forever to get to a point where they can actually do damage.

Not to mention stupid Supergiant and Mind games

Dammit, What am I missing about beating Man Ape with 70k? I keep getting 66-68K. Is there someone who has a higher than 4 shared attributes to Black Panthers'?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 30, 2016

• Locked thread