Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Invicta's president says they plan to schedule an immediate rematch.

Statement from Missouri:

quote:

The Missouri Office of Athletics reviewed the video and audio along with a statement from the referee of the Tonya Evinger vs. Yana Kunitskaya contest at Invicta FC 20 on November 18, 2016. The Missouri Office of Athletics determined the official result of this bout must be changed to a no contest. The MMA database has been notified, and should update the record within the next couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

has a fight ever been overturned on appeal before except in lovely wild west places like japan?

One that immediately springs to mind was another Invicta fight in Missouri, Miriam Nakamoto knocked out Jessamyn Duke with an illegal knee and Duke successfully appealed to get it overturned, with Big John admitting that he missed the foul.

That was somebody getting put out cold though, I think the call is tougher to make in this case because Evinger's claim that the armbar was made deeper when she stepped off of Kunitskaya's face is a lot harder to prove (I've watched it again a few times since reading this news and I don't see it, personally). What the referee said was wrong but Evinger's arm was already extended before any of it happened.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Watching the Hex Fight Series with my wife tonight, just wanted to share these two lads with the thread

Keep in mind those weights are in kilograms. This should be dreadful.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

Watching the Hex Fight Series with my wife tonight, just wanted to share these two lads with the thread

Keep in mind those weights are in kilograms. This should be dreadful.

Who won and how?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

Who won and how?

First round wasn't bad, lighter guy tagged big dude about nine times with a jab to the face and busted him up a bit. Big dude got a takedown towards the end of the first and went for a really lovely rnc attempt and some ground and pound when that didn't work. Big guy came out visibly gassed in the second and went down basically unconscious to a left jab right cross combo after about a minute.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Just had a lw fight that was looking really good then featured a head kick walk off ko. This has been a great card so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Left looks like a fat Chris Kamara so I appreciate that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The main event seems to be a hairless Filipino teenager against a French special forces murderer.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Left looks like a fat Chris Kamara so I appreciate that.

ben-dough, imo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol

Crocop posted:

I just received a message from Rizin Fighting Federation that Wanderlei "the Braveheart" Silva doesn't want to fight me. He gets scared and he changed his mind, but he know it from the beginning. He played tough guy on the press conference in July and he called me out for a fight. Then I said to myself, this man has a guts, but now we all see what is he made of, nothing but poo poo. Once he was a fearless and true axe murder but now he's just a scared homie and only thing he can kill is his mosquito. And Wanderlei, don't you dare to come to Saitama to see the tournament like a guest because I will slap you like a bitch just like you deserve, you are nothing but a scared bitch and I had so much respect for you as a fighter until now. I suggest a new name for you that will fit you well... WANDERLEI "THE CHICKEN" SILVA

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I hear a sick metal riff incoming

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
let us never forget

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Let he who is not a scared homie throw the first slap

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

let us never forget

Will there ever be a gym that never existed as great as Hammer House.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

I might know a guy who will fight him on short notice.

You got the Rizin guys contact details by any chance?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

dont be scared homie

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator 166 tonight

Eduardo Dantes vs Joe Warren for BW championship - good fight
Aj McKee Jr vs ray wood - Aj McKee Jr showcase fight, so far he isn't horrible like his father
Marcos Galvao vs LC davis - Galvao is cool
Chris Honeycutt vs Ben Reiter - honeycutt all American out of Edinborogh

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
AJ McKee has 5 finishes in 5 fights, Antonio McKee didn't get his 5th finish until his 23rd fight/18th win

EDIT: One of the promotions Antonio fought in was called UNIVERSAL ABOVE GROUND FIGHTING

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 2, 2016

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, I just noticed that Bellator is going to try and go head to head with the UFC tomorrow night with Bellator 167.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Titan FC opening up tonight with an absolutely ridiculous slug fest between two fairly green women's bantamweights.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
extremely bellator fight to start the night off between rick honeycutt and easy raiter

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Boco_T posted:

AJ McKee has 5 finishes in 5 fights, Antonio McKee didn't get his 5th finish until his 23rd fight/18th win

EDIT: One of the promotions Antonio fought in was called UNIVERSAL ABOVE GROUND FIGHTING

Antonio McKee tapped to strikes from Shinya Aoki.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Looking forward to "The Baddest Man on the Planet" Joe Warren screeching like a bitch and then acting confused as to why the referee would stop the fight again.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
AJ had some adversity from Roy Wood Jr. in round 1 so rounds 2-3 he won by full Antonio Special

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think Joe Warren has finally made the transition from The Baddest Man on the Planet to The Worst Man

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Apolo Dantés being penalized for his Arena México low blows.

Also we got the maximum 14 rounds on this broadcast tonight and maybe like 2 or 3 of them were even watchable

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
MMAFighting reported that former UFC fighter Gerald Harris missed weight by 50 lbs so he had to fight at heavy weight. He slam KO'd someone.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

I think Joe Warren has finally made the transition from The Baddest Man on the Planet to The Worst Man

Joe Warren is a guy I love watching lose. Something about him is just obnoxious. Watching him get jabbed to death was wonderful.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Biodome posted:

MMAFighting reported that former UFC fighter Gerald Harris missed weight by 50 lbs so he had to fight at heavy weight. He slam KO'd someone.

Yeah buddy

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Watched some of the Titan FC fights from last night.

Some choice quotes in Jason Jackson's winner interview:
"First of all, it's been a rollercoaster. I've got to thank everyone that deal with my bullshit, and put up with my poo poo. I'm gonna thank y'all because I'm a hard guy to deal with."
"If Donald Cerrone and Matt Brown, either one drop out, I'll take that fight on one day. Uncle Dana!"
"Dhiego Lima, I have the most of respect for him, but you know he caught me at a bad time of the year. My son needs gifts, my mom needs gifts, I got two birthdays in December."
*walks out of Octagon and the belt falls off like a too big pair of pants*

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Biodome posted:

Other way around I believe, Harris' opponent couldn't cut for some lame excuse, so Harris wound up drinking a bunch of water to hit the scale, then he slam ko'd him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

corillon posted:

Joe Warren is a guy I love watching lose. Something about him is just obnoxious. Watching him get jabbed to death was wonderful.

That something about him is everything about him. He's like Chael Sonnen without the self-awareness or charm.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Troxartas posted:

Other way around I believe, Harris' opponent couldn't cut for some lame excuse, so Harris wound up drinking a bunch of water to hit the scale, then he slam ko'd him.

This is what happened. The guy came in 50 pounds heavy, and flipped off the crowd when they booed him. Then Harris Onyxed him and flipped him off while standing over him.

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/804916338380701697

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol "it's not nice to say it but maybe Aaron Cobb thoroughly deserved that"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

fatherdog posted:

This is what happened. The guy came in 50 pounds heavy, and flipped off the crowd when they booed him. Then Harris Onyxed him and flipped him off while standing over him.

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/804916338380701697

This loving owns.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Never pull guard on Gerald Harris

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol good for him

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/KSW_MMA/status/805175697580949504

Pudzianowski ko'd a neo-nazi, I think.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Biodome posted:

Keeping up the fine tradition of respecting the integrity of retiring from combat sports.

Memento fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

Keeping up the fine tradition of respecting the integrity of retiring from combat sports.

Maybe he needed the money