Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ride like hell god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The sprint teams have hosed this up bad, they shouldn't be gunning it this hard 2km out.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Oh look, I won the first of probably 7 stages this year. I'll act like I'm crying and didn't expect it. phhhhffftttttt

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That was fairly predictable

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Potentially premature celebration level: Quickstep

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Wtf is Aru doing in 9th

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The idiot world class sprint teams left the catch to the last 1200 m so everyone was in the wrong place.

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007

goatface posted:

The idiot world class sprint teams left the catch to the last 1200 m so everyone was in the wrong place.

Yea, the timing and positioning was super weird. I think Sagan looking around, confused nicely summarized the sprint.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's especially weird because 30 km out I thought they were way too early with the catch. But I guess that was before the crash

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
LmAO :catdrugs:

Taylor Phinney, who is making his Tour debut, after he spent more than 200km in the day’s breakaway.

“Honestly, I feel like I’m in some sort of strange dream — I felt that way pretty early on,” he said.

“We probably passed over a million people today. You think, ‘where am I, what are all these people doing?’

“I’ve been reading Murakami so the borderlines between dream and reality are a little blurry right now.”

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Well at least we have confirmation he smokes lots of weed at home in Boulder.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

marsisol posted:

Just watched the stage, not shabby. Shame about Valverde and I'm pretty sure Taylor Phinney was high as gently caress afterwards lol.

Gonna quote this after every stage because holy poo poo Taylor

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Taylor Phinney is weird and good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/881579216680235009

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The fact that Phinney ever got on a bike after his horrific crash a few years ago is extremely impressive. That guy is tough and brave.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

wide stance posted:

The fact that Phinney ever got on a bike after his horrific crash a few years ago is extremely impressive. That guy is tough and brave.

Yeah. The Eurosport commentator said that one of his legs is shorter than the other now, which makes his perfect form and cadence even more impressive

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bardet getting a car ride to the peloton. Shakey.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

goatface posted:

Bardet getting a car ride to the peloton. Shakey.

He's French so it's legal.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Pull a foot and still win the sprint goddamn.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
A great day for my team.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Half the time I can't even clip in on the first attempt at traffic lights

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Goddamn what a finish.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Look at the level of :qq: from FDJ.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/skys-vortex-generator-skinsuits-questioned-by-tour-rivals-but-permitted-by-commissaires/

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
loving lol if you believe castelli's claims of 18-25 seconds

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

We totally wish we had thought of this ourselves abloo bloo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
LONDON • Team Sky faced fresh embarrassment from their employment of Geert Leinders after more revelations about the doctor's doping practices surfaced yesterday, as this year's Tour de France began.

In The Descent, serialised in The Times Magazine, Thomas Dekker, the former Rabobank rider who has served a two-year ban for doping, sets out the scale of drug-taking in the Dutch cycling team.

He noted the active involvement of Leinders, who went on to become Team Sky's medical consultant between 2010 and 2012.

Leinders is said to have knowingly administered a banned drug to stimulate cortisone production and advised using a saline drip to cover up a high level of red blood cells caused by abuse of erythropoietin (EPO). Dekker also talks of the team falsifying medical conditions to allow riders to take cortisone to lose weight, calling the system of therapeutic use exemptions "a sham".

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/fresh-doping-claims-cast-cloud-over-team-sky

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Is that Sagan using a lotto soudal car like it's an Uber?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tenner on the solo breakaway to take the stage.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
10 minutes ahead with 130k to go is a pretty big lead.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Lol he's gonna get reeled in like a trout

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This is why I hide my gambling from the wife.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This is poo poo. 93k to go and the peloton is having a nap at the feed station. They might as well have stopped at a restaurant today.

I'm almost cheering for mr solo up there to take the stage.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just checked up on whats going on, this sounds like the most boring stage imaginable. Why did no-one else go in the break?

Go solo guy I suppose. Otherwise go anyone but Kittel.

If Sagan is second up the cat 4 climb can he take polka dot jersey? That might be funny at least.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Looking forward to seeing what cannondale's plan for getting a third polkadot jersey is.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
and when I say plan I mean harebrained scheme cooked up by noted stoner bros Nate Brown and Taylor Phinney

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Good luck diarhea guy!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
phwoar nice chateau

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Come on van Keirsbulck you rowdy fucker, hold on for a bit longer

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rip solo dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Would love to know what he was thinking for the last 205k. Idiot.