Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

First five donezo

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TTerrible posted:

*spends a year releasing custodes, some of which don't have rules in the latest book while ignoring all the gaping holes in the range from book 3 and earleir *

Why aren't people buying anything

It's not like anyone plays Whispercutters or Iron Havocs

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
* £78 is extremely reasonable for three jetbikes, no one would buy more if they were cheaper *

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

But how am I going to keep in touch with all of you guys once FW dies and HH shrivels up and blows away?

:(

don't worry bb, you can blow me away any day

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
I'm sorry your toxic game is being squatted :(

Maybe things would be different if 30K had Tau.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Thanqol posted:

I'm sorry your toxic game is being squatted :(

Maybe things would be different if 30K had Tau.

Ha ha yeah.

30k getting squatted because FW can't work out why people are buying recasts is loving amazing and I unironically love it and am glad of it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
my uncle told me Nintendo isn't doing well because they stopped selling some of their games...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

my uncle told me Nintendo isn't doing well because they stopped selling some of their games...

OH MY GOD NINTENDO AS WELL?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

The kids won't stop buying bootleg Pokemans so now they have to shut down.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

panascope posted:

First five donezo

thats some fine looking chinese resin you have there

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Those are real I was behind him in the queue at the space marine store.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
then he should keep them bare resin in their cute lil forgeworld baggies, theyre gonna be a collectors item soon

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're already a collectors item because he has painted them really sweet.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
More FISTS

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
very nice fists you got there ;-*

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
FW aren't in 'serious' financial trouble. I know one of the writers for HH personally. They're just trying to trim down the stuff which is not cost effective to make with their setup. Noone was buying Elysians, etc.

Recasting is damaging them but eh. They refuse to do stuff like release MK4 jump packs separately and similar poo poo which people want.

This is going to sound like 'my uncle works at Nintendo' so believe it if you want or not.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Breaking news forge world closing, immediately shutting off all resinforges and flooding the streets of Wales with "liquid gunk"

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Lord Twisted posted:

FW aren't in 'serious' financial trouble. I know one of the writers for HH personally. They're just trying to trim down the stuff which is not cost effective to make with their setup. Noone was buying Elysians, etc.

Recasting is damaging them but eh. They refuse to do stuff like release MK4 jump packs separately and similar poo poo which people want.

This is going to sound like 'my uncle works at Nintendo' so believe it if you want or not.

I will choose to believe this because I want to keep painting resin space men from Nottingham.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They’ve already

Lord Twisted posted:

But other uncles say they are! We need some kind of uncle showdown.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Word on the streets is that FW has been bought by the recasters. They're moving their head offices to China in Q3 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I don't know anyone there anymore but I would seriously doubt their biggest cash cow for veteran gw players is in serious financial trouble given the amount of money splashed on FW at the nottingham HQ store on a weekly basis.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The Custodes mania that gripped FW last year makes it pretty apparent that they really are just a bunch of rogue sculptors that just create whatever. Did they need to create Custodes units that were not planned for Inferno? Thank God people are not screaming for units from Book 2-3 that had not been released..

I think what FW really need is to being in an outside project management person to try and reign it all in and get a smoother release cycle going. Another thing they should do if they are really serious about not falling to financial ruin is start selling in the Games Workshop stores. Not the whole product line, but they could certainly stock plastic starters (just jettison the pretense of Prospero and Calth being boardgames and cut those components to save shipping weight) as well as the Horus Heresy rulebook and some of the MK III and IV shoulder pads and heads. Maybe go wild and have some of the more popular 40k stuff available as well. Have the ForgeWorld catalog with free shipping to the GW store to drive more people to physically enter the retail space you own anyway.

There is a ton they can do, but won't.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Word on the streets is that FW has been bought by the recasters. They're moving their head offices to China in Q3 2018

If it means resin by bro, im all for it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We care not where the resin comes from, so long as it flows

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
From now on all Forgeworld miniatures will be metal in a move called Reverse Finecast.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Thanqol posted:

From now on all Forgeworld miniatures will be metal in a move called Reverse Finecast.

Is it bad that I would prefer this?

Metal rules.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
perhaps forgeworld should stop pretending theyre a boutique miniatures company and start acting like the subsidiary of the tabletop juggernaut that they actually are, quit loving around with overpriced resin bullshit and start putting out more overpriced plastic bullshit instead?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Plastic is GW’s domain, moulds for resin are way cheaper than carving the steel moulds for plastic, why waste all that money for niche models that would be even more expensive and less accessible?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
How was the resin eisenhorn compared to fw quality? I dunno if there are other gw kits that were straight up resin. Maybe the 2nd ed sister of battle cover art canoness they released?

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 22, 2018

Endman
May 18, 2010

Big Willy Style posted:

How was the resin eisenhorn compared to fw quality? I dunno if there are other gw kits that were straight up resin. Maybe the 2nd ed sister of battle cover art canoness they released?

Canoness Veridyan is pretty good for a resin figure. She still has a slight case of being noodly as GW’s resin is oddly softer than Forgeworld’s, but the level of detail is similar and (mine at least) had barely any flash and no casting flaws.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
How much of FW costs is just rear end in a top hat pricing? Resin materials and silicon molds are not that expensive, right, if half of some random shops use it?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I can't remember who originally shared these in the Slack, but this guy is doing some awesome Primarch portraits:

https://www.artstation.com/miguel_iglesias/blog

Corax lookin like a drat snack

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

panascope posted:

Couple progress shots:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

DrPop posted:

I can't remember who originally shared these in the Slack, but this guy is doing some awesome Primarch portraits:

https://www.artstation.com/miguel_iglesias/blog

Corax lookin like a drat snack

Fulgrim isn't pretty enough imo.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Lion is in green armor. :wtc:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JcDent posted:

How much of FW costs is just rear end in a top hat pricing? Resin materials and silicon molds are not that expensive, right, if half of some random shops use it?

I assume a lot of the pricing comes from development costs. With a way smaller customer base to spread that around than GW prime, the spike in prices is more noticeable.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Goddamn that thousand yard stare on Perturabo

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Jaghatai's chin looks like a bottle opener.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
angron's bellowing because he's the one who just busted russ's nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Glad to see that y'all are doing the thing where you zoom in on the one mold line in a FW photo to all other media