Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I live in a sound proof room that I've dampened down to -9dB so I don't believe push to talk is a good idea. I don't know why you guys are making a big deal of it. Just get an acoustical audio engineer to shove a bunch of diffusion foam into where your computer is located and enjoy living in a room where the loudest thing you can hear normally is your own heart beating. It's like being in a Poe story.

Same except it's my filthy loving laundry because I live in squalor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

If other people don't want to listen to the ABBA's Greatest Hits cassette tape I have playing at max volume at all times in my home then maybe we shouldn't be playing together.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm 5 gold away from a legendary skin. And I'm torn on getting the Hayseed one for Junkrat or Abominable for Mei. I really wish I could preview the skins on things like highlights and victory poses and emote and stuff so I can see how they'd look. Because a friend made the point that the Hayseed mask would hide all of Junkrat's expressions and I have the best Junkrat highlight intro equipped right now (shooting himself in the balls), and it'd hide his face in that intro. Then again I'd also love the gold lion armor for Reinhardt, or either the El Blanco or Plague Doctor for Reaper. Gaaahhh

D.Va is like the only one where I like her default skin the most. It has the best color already (pink). If one of her junker skins came in pink I'd be more interested in those.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Don't get the scarecrow skins because it hides Junkrat's expressions.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Don't get the scarecrow skins because it hides Junkrat's expressions.

I knoooooow but the skins still look so GOOD

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I'm 5 gold away from a legendary skin. And I'm torn on getting the Hayseed one for Junkrat or Abominable for Mei. I really wish I could preview the skins on things like highlights and victory poses and emote and stuff so I can see how they'd look. Because a friend made the point that the Hayseed mask would hide all of Junkrat's expressions and I have the best Junkrat highlight intro equipped right now (shooting himself in the balls), and it'd hide his face in that intro. Then again I'd also love the gold lion armor for Reinhardt, or either the El Blanco or Plague Doctor for Reaper. Gaaahhh

D.Va is like the only one where I like her default skin the most. It has the best color already (pink). If one of her junker skins came in pink I'd be more interested in those.

Get a skin for a good hero like McCree or Lucio instead.

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I understand the need for inclusiveness, but this is a pretty terrible idea considering audio cues are a massive part of the Overwatch gameplay.

Why is it a terrible idea to include subtitles? It wouldnt affect audio

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

fadam posted:

Lucio has no good skins though.

McCree has some okay ones.

Its a shame Torbjorn and Winston have some of the best since I don't play them as much.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

fadam posted:

Lucio's best skin is the pink version of his original one. I like the frog ones but they cover up his face so they have the problem with the scarecrow ones.

McCree is a piece of poo poo idiot lol

edit: Lucio's hockey skins are GARBAGE

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 9, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's some way to get a bunch of symmetra turrets inside of a bridge volume that the payload has to pass under on dorado, to go with that reaper exploit on anubis.

I couldn't figure out a way to hit them and they shot out of the volume just fine.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dead Mao Five Lucio is a top tier skin, sorry.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

a cat on an apple posted:

She says 'personne n'echappe a mon regarde' but with French accents on the letters, which she pronounces

It's actually pretty easy to hear if she's located in a position that's at all relevant for you to hear it, once you know how to recognize it. Especially the "personne" part, I can identify when she says it most of the time now.

I always make sure to tell my team when I hear her say that, so that they can hide behind stuff for a bit.

I'm really not sure why they didn't make the enemy version of the ult have the same map-wide callout most do. I mean, I guess it depends on whether you consider instantly getting ganked when walking out of any given doorway more OP than having the entire team stay behind cover and act paranoid, but having a modicum of communication already changes the effect of the ult pretty drastically one direction or the other.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Dead Mao Five Lucio is a top tier skin, sorry.

How can you connect with your toon if you can't even see the emotions on their face... you're an animal.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

best lucio skin is Auditiva and i'll fite anyone who says otherwise

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

flashman posted:

How can you connect with your toon if you can't even see the emotions on their face... you're an animal.

Connecting with fictional characters is for Steven Universe and Homestuck losers. My gamer brain has no room for emotional clutter.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Sorry troll, the only people who think any of the non legendaries are best are just too poor to afford the good skins.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Tequila Sunrise posted:

If other people don't want to listen to the ABBA's Greatest Hits cassette tape I have playing at max volume at all times in my home then maybe we shouldn't be playing together.

I like your style

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
The unmasked nature of Reinhardt's, 76s, and Genji's legendary skins are pretty nice, especially considering they went through the effort to rig and animate expressions for these specific outfits.

Wish the Genji skins didn't just turn him into a generic anime ninja though. Like, if there was some Raiden-like outfit instead.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I play only with the default skins so I can properly immerse myself in the rich characters and lore that blizzard has prepared for us.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

DeafAsianQT posted:

Why is it a terrible idea to include subtitles? It wouldnt affect audio

I think subtitles, or some sort of warning when ults are used, would be fine. But that person was advocating a visual indicator of footsteps, which would be such a huge advantage that everyone would just turn it on regardless of hearing disabilities.

Bluhman posted:

Wish the Genji skins didn't just turn him into a generic anime ninja though. Like, if there was some Raiden-like outfit instead.

Your complaint is that Genji is too generic...and then you follow it up with wanting him to look more like the most cliche anime ninja there is?

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 9, 2016

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Macaluso posted:

I had other dilemma, was going to get hayseed because I love junkrat but I hated that it hid his expressions. I got lucky and opened the scarecrow skin when I was at like 950 gold do I bought a skin for Pharah instead. Now I don't even run the junkrat skin because I like the unfortunate animation too much

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GUYS

:siren: You can hit the pinata in Dorado and CANDY COMES OUT :siren:

:toot:

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

Kerrrrrrr posted:

That one is nice and I considered it really hard, but I had to go with Roxo. Purple is just the best color in all things. And it doesn't hide his face or mess with his hair like the legendaries.

I'm a bad, so we can assume you win the fight and that Auditiva is still the best.

MMD3 posted:

I had other dilemma, was going to get hayseed because I love junkrat but I hated that it hid his expressions. I got lucky and opened the scarecrow skin when I was at like 950 gold do I bought a skin for Pharah instead. Now I don't even run the junkrat skin because I like the unfortunate animation too much

Come on, use the flying one. He's so happy. Don't take that away from him!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Shooting at the Murloc sign in Hanamura and the Murloc graffiti on the train above the defender's spawn point on Anubis make a faint MRGGLGLGLGLG sound.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I prefer synesthesia actually but I like auditiva too. The legendaries are nice and all but kind of a bit garish imo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I think subtitles, or some sort of warning when ults are used, would be fine. But that person was advocating a visual indicator of footsteps, which would be such a huge advantage that everyone would just turn it on regardless of hearing disabilities.

Your complaint is that Genji is too generic...and then you follow it up with wanting him to look more like the most cliche anime ninja there is?

I thought of Raiden from MK which would be cool but not make much sense

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fadam posted:

Sorry troll, the only people who think any of the non legendaries are best are just too poor to afford the good skins.

bitch please.

i've bought 5 legendary skins and about 20 emotes/highlight intros. lucio's legendary skins just suck.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

verbal enema posted:

I thought of Raiden from MK which would be cool but not make much sense

Blizzard please make a WInston Raiden Skin. Take away his gun and just make him pump lightning out of his hands, and make his jump turn him into a lightning bolt like Raiden's torpedo move.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Bluhman posted:

The unmasked nature of Reinhardt's, 76s, and Genji's legendary skins are pretty nice, especially considering they went through the effort to rig and animate expressions for these specific outfits.

Whatever other issues this game has, it's obvious the animation and visual design team put love into the game and it shows.

Also, the new random event is...weird. it's kinda great for playing for playing characters you wouldn't normally play in ways you wouldn't play. I've never touched Widowmaker but then did fairly decent pushing the payload on Gibraltar with her, using her as a squishier, longer ranged Soldier 76 (you can get some impressive range on that mine too). And then I sealed the win by running around with Tobjorn, killing their latest Widowmaker and planting a turret on the catwalk above the end.

It's great for playing characters you suck at because no one will really notice. Though I cry a bit inside when I get Symmetra on attack. I suck with her bad enough when defending.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
can everyone who thinks Hanzo has ridiculous and unfair hitboxes post your Hanzo stats where you aren't whiffing 65%+ of your shots? thanks

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Just to give the ult-deaf people the benefit of the doubt, I have definitely on occasion had enemy ult callouts just not play. I had a Junkrat kill me and a couple of teammates with a tire from right around a corner, and it had no callout when it happened, in the killcam, or in the POTG he got for it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Triarii posted:

Just to give the ult-deaf people the benefit of the doubt, I have definitely on occasion had enemy ult callouts just not play. I had a Junkrat kill me and a couple of teammates with a tire from right around a corner, and it had no callout when it happened, in the killcam, or in the POTG he got for it.

This only happens to me with the occasional Hanzo ult. Sometimes The dragon will just explode out a goddamn building and as it hits me I hear "Kurau!" and thats it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I've definitely had bugged ult lines too, where both friendlies and enemies would use the "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" line for Junkrat.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I've definitely had bugged ult lines too, where both friendlies and enemies would use the "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" line for Junkrat.

this is actually fitting because there is no such thing as a friendly junkrat

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lady Naga posted:

Are you sure it's not you using the ultimate? Because when you fire off ultimates personally you play the "enemy" line for it. Which confused the gently caress out of me when I first started playing because I'd hear "FIRE IN THE HOLE" and "I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS" and "JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE" and think "Oh, that's the sound I play when I use the ultimate, it must be a friendly one!"

It was not.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Zoness posted:

this is actually fitting because there is no such thing as a friendly junkrat

I don't see any other characters with voice lines to wish people a happy birthday :colbert:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cowcaster posted:

Are you sure it's not you using the ultimate? Because when you fire off ultimates personally you play the "enemy" line for it. Which confused the gently caress out of me when I first started playing because I'd hear "FIRE IN THE HOLE" and "I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS" and "JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE" and think "Oh, that's the sound I play when I use the ultimate, it must be a friendly one!"

It was not.

Yes I'm pretty sure I'm cognizant enough to realize I wasn't playing Junkrat at the time :v:

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Alright, time to snipe this motherfucker... Wait, why do I have a grenade launcher?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

resistentialism posted:

There's some way to get a bunch of symmetra turrets inside of a bridge volume that the payload has to pass under on dorado, to go with that reaper exploit on anubis.

I couldn't figure out a way to hit them and they shot out of the volume just fine.

There's a gap in the geometry that lets you place the turrets behind it.

My team couldn't figure out how to destroy them either and we lost what was a stomp in our favor because of them. Maybe you can shoot them through that little gap but how would you live long enough to do that?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Are people who advocate PTT actual mouthbreathers? I guess if you have roommates or loud animals or something I can see using that, but it's not hard to be quiet when you're playing video games.

all it took was one game with a goon who wouldn't stop burping and chewing wetly into the microphone to put me on PTT or bust forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The new random brawl thing is way more fun than the stupid shimura brothers thing

apparently a 6 mercy crew is pretty hard to kill when you can't pick what heroes you want!