Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

Destiny needs to embrace its pulpy scifi roots more.

They really should, it's the best thing about Destiny. I want to see some Moebius poo poo asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Autorifle
Pulse Rifle
Sidearm
Sniper
Hunter Cloak
2 stack of 2 different Trials shaders
Standard emblem, flawless emblem

Flawless on our first card.

N O I C E if you get a chance later post pics, I haven't seen the AR, Pulse, or Cloak, the emblems, or the shaders.

Kilometers Davis posted:

They really should, it's the best thing about Destiny. I want to see some Moebius poo poo asap

I'm not sure how literal you're being, :v: but The Spire definitely gave me some good ol' HighFrenchSciFi feels:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

edit: whoops, too excited, doublepost

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The spire (including mega space flawless man) feels decidedly less epic than the Lighthouse. The 'sink into the butthole' entry was a little....uh, well that was a thing.

Waffle House posted:

N O I C E if you get a chance later post pics, I haven't seen the AR, Pulse, or Cloak, the emblems, or the shaders.

Sure. I edited my post, forgot I got the helmet too. The helmet is actually pretty choice looking

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That's not a lady?!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Raid spoilers/lovely opinion time

I ran the raid today, did it from start to finish. I really enjoyed it, but I think if the Destiny raids were sorted into tiers, Leviathan would be somewhere near the bottom.

It's extremely technically polished, the developers have clearly put thousands of man hours into making it. But I think that was part of the problem. The encounters are overly complex and finicky in the small details. A clear example of the finicky, unforgiving aspect is the gauntlet - on some tries a couple of players both shot the same arrow together, and didn't adjust in time to make them go green, so it was a wipe. We had to spend a couple of tries drilling each player - shootest the highest/lowest possible arrow on your quarter, or it's a wipe if you both shoot the same arrow. We had dozens of wipes or so - but when we drilled all the extra tiny details down we all agreed it was in fact the easiest encounter of the lot, but you literally can't gently caress up not even one little thing. That's a general theme in this raid and for me personally it's a little excessive. Think of all the choreography and constant radio comms of Kingsfall, and then double the intensity. I was mentally exhausted by the end of it.

If one guy messes up, it's extremely hard to recover from it. Most of the time it's a wipe. The over reliance on puzzle fights along with the sole boss fight makes it a little disappointing. I loved the boss fights of Kingsfall and WOTM. There's nothing thrilling like the GO GO GO! damage phase on bosses where everyone's just unleashing hell on the bad guy. Calus was very satisfying on this front at least. Hopefully the next raid will have more boss fights.

It will obviously get easier as players get more familiar with it, but if Bungie's stated aim was to make raids more approachable and 'casual', they failed abysmally. Guided games will not help for poo poo. For the rest of us tryhards who raid every week - it's good stuff.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shout out to my Bone Brothers for making Rat Kings Crew happen, also for letting me find out you can forcibly insert yourself i to other peoples fireteams.

Take that privacy

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That's not a lady?!

Trials announcer lady wants the d

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

(D)own payment on my next flawless run?!

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Anyone else get tone patrol? Seems similar to nameless midnight but it's elemental.

I just got it but I think I like my manonman better

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mithross posted:

Cayde's taken king journal specifically says he was flesh and bone once, that he had a heart beat. It's also meant to be slightly unreliable, but that's a pretty big fact and probably is beyond the scope of "slightly unreliable"

Which is bungie for "we are pretty sure we want this to be canon but we aren't 100% sure we won't change our minds in 3 years"

there's also some stuff about Cayde talking to his son(?) about how this is his only option, he needs the money or something

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Have they said which race the first expansion is going to focus on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Calaveron posted:

It's themed around Osiris so probably the Vex

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's a lot of Vex Mystery going on, including a reference to Exos being able to tap into the Vex Network.

I don't have time to explain who might be coming back.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Calaveron posted:

The Vex, I think. There's an adventure on Nessus where you get a little greeting from Osiris through the Vex network, and the next expansion is called Curse of Osiris

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Raid spoilers/lovely opinion time

Yeah I agree with most of this, sometimes it's not even a mistake that fucks you, there's like weird physics poo poo and stuff that will just wipe you. I'm dreading the inevitable time that happens near the end of Calus.

Calaveron posted:

The Vex probably, it's all about Osiris, Ikora and the "Infinite Forest". They haven't had much focus since being the main bad guys of the initial Destiny 1 story so it makes sense to swing back round to them.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 16, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
That adventure is worth doing, actually. It's got some interesting information. It implies that the Vex actually like/accept Ghosts and it's just Guardians they object to.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They tell the Ghost to ditch the guardian and "Come home"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's a lot of Vex Mystery going on, including a reference to Exos being able to tap into the Vex Network.

I don't have time to explain who might be coming back.

There's a mention that they're not all robot, either, so with their love of time travel fuckery I'm expecting them to be humans/exos from the bad future where humanity took a bargain with the darkness instead of being visited by the traveller

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When's the next time Trials will come around? I want the cheevo but can't do the pvp this weekend.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

When's the next time Trials will come around? I want the cheevo but can't do the pvp this weekend.

I think it's every weekend (Friday-Monday) like the original trials.

This is the schedule for the game's first month.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A clear example of the finicky, unforgiving aspect is the gauntlet - on some tries a couple on players both shot the same arrow together, and didn't adjust in time to make them go green, so it was a wipe. We had to spend a couple of tries drilling each player - shootest the highest/lowest possible arrow on your quarter, or it's a wipe if you both shoot the same arrow.

It isn't a wipe if the arrows go red. The player in the tunnel can still move ahead, he just doesn't get his buff reupped. Just keep going if it goes red. You can afford to gently caress up one or even two gates per side each rotation, as long as you don't gently caress up twice in a row, and the guy inside gets to the next gate quickly.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
We're running through the raid on our third characters tonight. Only 4 of us have a third, so we will need two more... Message me on PSN: BaxterFied if you want in. We will start "around" 9EST.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I think it's every weekend (Friday-Monday) like the original trials.

Oh cool, I'll just do it next week then.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There's a mention that they're not all robot, either, so with their love of time travel fuckery I'm expecting them to be humans/exos from the bad future where humanity took a bargain with the darkness instead of being visited by the traveller

the vex are literally the white milk goop, like millions upon billions of tiny microscopic organisms that pilot robot shells around

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Anyone else get tone patrol? Seems similar to nameless midnight but it's elemental.

I've been using mine nonstop. It's great in crucible too.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Tone Patrol is seriously pretty great, I love the dragonfly perk on it.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Maker Of Shoes posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(D)own payment on my next flawless run?!

:golfclap:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I ended up snagging a random Curtain Call, and it has become my "gently caress this poo poo" button.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

50 smg kills while airborne? God drat it. At least the mini-tool can help for that.

How's the Tarantula? A "Linear fusion rifle" sounds pretty good.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Some Zero posted:

You can just change the element type for some glimmer with mods.

I know, but I want to just have them all with +5 on them. Aim high etc.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mazerunner posted:

the vex are literally the white milk goop, like millions upon billions of tiny microscopic organisms that pilot robot shells around

Yeah, I get that, I'm saying that with the foreshadowing that exos used to be human, and the semi-organic nature of the vex as well, I'm totally expecting that white milk good to be human minds from way in the future after accepting one of the darkness' immortality deals like the Hive did.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

50 smg kills while airborne? God drat it. At least the mini-tool can help for that.

How's the Tarantula? A "Linear fusion rifle" sounds pretty good.

Linear fusion rifles are really great, hard to come by a high level one though.

The mini tool quest isn't as bad as it sounds. You can just jump and shoot until you land again. It's surprisingly easy and quick. Kill the dregs at the Exodus Black fast travel point.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Waffle House posted:

I'm not sure how literal you're being, :v: but The Spire definitely gave me some good ol' HighFrenchSciFi feels:

Nah I'm dead serious, I love bizarre weirdo scifi :D

That's super cool, it's a shame I'm too bad to ever see it in my own game.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Also, just joined the thread. I gotta post my PSN tag to be accepted into [KINK] or nah?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why come Ashen Mir doesn't kill himself and regenerate into a guy with two regular awoken arms instead of being a guy who sucks with one gimpy vex arm

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Calaveron posted:

Why come Ashen Mir doesn't kill himself and regenerate into a guy with two regular awoken arms instead of being a guy who sucks with one gimpy vex arm

Because he's the worst character in Destiny 2.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Calaveron posted:

He isn't a gaurdian. He doesn't have a ghost.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Calaveron posted:

because he's obsessed with the Vex and his experience in Pyramidion left him with a uniqueness that gives him insight into the object of his obsession??

Funkmaster General posted:

Yes he is, and he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Funkmaster General posted:

He talks about going with his fireteam to the Pyramidium and having to resurrect multiple times :shrug: