Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So this is the new Iron Lad origin story I see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Sisters of Battle is really good. Fun weird Chaos stuff, and it keeps up the casual references to how absolutely miserable it is to live in the Imperium.

Yeah; I liked it a lot. Grimdark and over the top. It was a cool 40K story; I hope we get to see more miniseries based around the different factions of 40K.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This two-page spread from Moon Knight is great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

radlum posted:

Yeah; I liked it a lot. Grimdark and over the top. It was a cool 40K story; I hope we get to see more miniseries based around the different factions of 40K.

I'm surprised they haven't done Tau yet, considering that they're already canon in 616

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm going through the Marvel back catalogue as best I can through Marvel Unlimited. Now I'm on the second half of the 80s there are large gaps appearing and one of those was X-Factor #15 which seemed a pity because it sounded like it would be important to the developments of Apocalypse, the horsemen and Angel. I thought I'd buy it as it wasn't on MU for free but they want $15.99!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bessantj posted:

I'm going through the Marvel back catalogue as best I can through Marvel Unlimited. Now I'm on the second half of the 80s there are large gaps appearing and one of those was X-Factor #15 which seemed a pity because it sounded like it would be important to the developments of Apocalypse, the horsemen and Angel. I thought I'd buy it as it wasn't on MU for free but they want $15.99!

I'm not gonna give you instructions, but I've definitely :filez: some gaps in Unlimited, specifically early X-Factor. That's a loving insane gap to have, especially since I was doing my read through when X of Swords was starting up and you'd think they'd have a more complete collection of early Apocalypse in the build up of an event largely about him.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I'm not gonna give you instructions, but I've definitely :filez: some gaps in Unlimited, specifically early X-Factor. That's a loving insane gap to have, especially since I was doing my read through when X of Swords was starting up and you'd think they'd have a more complete collection of early Apocalypse in the build up of an event largely about him.

It's a pity because they have #1-#13 but then a big gap to #18 so they are missing the fallout from the "Mutant Massacre" arc which I have recently finished.

They've done well with Uncanny X-Men and have a complete run, same with New Mutants. I've noticed recently they've stopped adding older books onto the service I don't know if it's due to COVID and they just want the newer titles on there till the situation clears a bit but along with X-Factor there is a huge chunk of Daredevil missing.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 19, 2021

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Boy, you know the author is Canadian when a character is singing Stan Rogers. (In reference to the backup story in Miles Morales Annual #1).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I was looking at the new Marvel Conan stuff, but to collect it in trades you get volume 1, then you get volume 2, then you get volume 1. And that annoyed me so much I decided not to bother

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bessantj posted:

It's a pity because they have #1-#13 but then a big gap to #18 so they are missing the fallout from the "Mutant Massacre" arc which I have recently finished.

They've done well with Uncanny X-Men and have a complete run, same with New Mutants. I've noticed recently they've stopped adding older books onto the service I don't know if it's due to COVID and they just want the newer titles on there till the situation clears a bit but along with X-Factor there is a huge chunk of Daredevil missing.

They still add old books, but they add them later in the week now for some reason rather than on Monday.
Last week they added some old Millie the Model and pre Hellcat Patsy Walker and other poo poo from that era. But those weren't on the New Comics list on Monday. Check on a Saturday if you want to see the new old stuff.

Still loving insane the X books and Spider-Man books aren't loving complete though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Enjoyed that first issue of the sisters of battle book. Tbh I don't know much about 40k other than what I've gotten from cultural osmosis but the comics have been fun so far

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Boy, you know the author is Canadian when a character is singing Stan Rogers. (In reference to the backup story in Miles Morales Annual #1).

Aw, did somebody sing about finding the Northwest Passage?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

They still add old books, but they add them later in the week now for some reason rather than on Monday.
Last week they added some old Millie the Model and pre Hellcat Patsy Walker and other poo poo from that era. But those weren't on the New Comics list on Monday. Check on a Saturday if you want to see the new old stuff.

Still loving insane the X books and Spider-Man books aren't loving complete though.

New Mutants wasn't complete until last year, iirc. It's hard to criticize Marvel Legends because of the value but also it's embarrassing that there are these gaps in flagship properties.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, did somebody sing about finding the Northwest Passage?

It was either that or Barrett's Privateers and I fuckin' hate Barrett's Privateers.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yeah you'd think they'd cover their most popular titles.

EDIT: Just had a look and you are right, there is a bunch of 75 Inhumans going on there this week.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 20, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

It was either that or Barrett's Privateers and I fuckin' hate Barrett's Privateers.

Oh, I wasn't judging. I have an odd affection for that song due to watching Due South as a kid.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Skwirl posted:

I’m still really pissy that a massive chunk of Web of Spider-Man and a good amount of Spectacular Spider-Man are missing. The X-Factor gaps are almost inexcusable because not only are they a flagship property, they’re some amazing stories by Walt and Louise Simonson! Tons of great Archangel stuff in there, and that incredible Judgement War story.

But thankfully last week we got…. 1 random issue of a bunch of Atlas era teen/romance/comedy books? What the hell???

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's extremely funny to me that you can pay for a service that is easily outdone by the hobbyist pirate scene

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's extremely funny to me that you can pay for a service that is easily outdone by the hobbyist pirate scene

The fact that I pay for it is my own internal justification for pirating the poo poo out of what they don't have yet.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Ah, if only it was tomorrow!

In other news, it's been announced that I'm going back to my roots for ASM 78.BEY with the Daughters of the Dragon! I'm really pleased to have another go with two of my faves.

Yes please, more Daughters of the Dragon, thank you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:allears:

also i am sad that with the tv show tie in one member of this team isn't gonna last

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Who's the glowing arm lady?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that's a new character for the series, Lucy. she doesn't have a super name yet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What I got from Avengers Annual is that Jed McKay watched The World's End.

As he should have.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I have, but I must not remember much of it as I can't figure out the reference!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was that kid from slotts iron man or something i didn't recognize him

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

He's new.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I have, but I must not remember much of it as I can't figure out the reference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrItHiBslOo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

oh okay ty

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why is Spencer making all this so convoluted?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Gologle posted:

Why is Spencer making all this so convoluted?

It definitely feels like he wanted a hundred issue run so he has to smush all this stuff in before he gets the boot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It definitely feels like he wanted a hundred issue run so he has to smush all this stuff in before he gets the boot.

hasn't the book been selling well why would he get the boot instead of ending of his own accord

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Blockhouse posted:

hasn't the book been selling well why would he get the boot instead of ending of his own accord

Why didn't Tom King on Batman?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
When in doubt, assume the person is getting the boot because it's happened at least once before.

Al Ewing on Immortal Hulk? HE GOT THE BOOT
Jonathan Hickman on X-Men? PUT ON YER BOOTS
Robert Kirkman on The Walking Dead? THESE BOOTS WERE MADE FOR BOOTIN

It's possible that Spencer is leaving Spider-Man before he originally planned because of his Substack deal, or because of a myriad of mysterious dark secrets. It could even be an convoluted conspiracy with a number of shocking twists and secret masterminds (or are they mere pawns of an even bigger mastermind????) which would be on brand for Spencer's art imitating life. On the other hand, his run will end up at 74 issues, several of which were oversized, plus a culminating SINISTER WAR mini-series, four .HU tie-ins for Hunted, five .LR tie-ins for Last Remains, plus oversized one-shots for 2099, Chameleon Conspiracy, King's Ransom, and probably some other ones I've forgotten. By page count his run is well over 100 issues, and it's not as if Spencer hasn't had massive issues with pacing and overcomplication in pretty much everything he's ever written, including creator-owned books.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 26, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I haven't read a single issue of Spencer's Spidey but I don't know that the hulk or X-Men comparisons are fair in any way given Ewing has said he has been working toward the end he wanted from the beginning without interference and has been tying up everything, and Hickman literally just put out a huge interview saying his plans got sidetracked because the other writers wanted to continue from his 1/3 waypoint

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

They're all cases of books or runs ending, so I don't see why we can't wildly assume they're all being given the boot. Like when BKV/Chiang got booted off of Paper Girls, the ending there seemed super rushed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well, I'm pretty sure that since you brought them both up and they are factually not what you claim, compaired to the spencer speculation, that it's unnecessary

site fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 26, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

To be less snarky, there's no reason I can see to speculate that Nick Spencer was pushed off of the book other than "it kind of happened to Tom King". I feel like if you want to speculate he 'got the boot' there should probably be more reasoning besides "it's happened at least once before to someone else".

Without that it amounts to just making poo poo up, as I did with the other examples.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hate Nick Spencer and think he should have gotten the boot before the first issue, bazinga!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you cant give nick spencer the boot

because he'd just lick it heyoooooooooo