Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
posting in for the pandemic year page

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Dammerung posted:

It's literally blaming us for the mass death that's coming. Our government has determined that its response is perfect, that it has given us too much (eg, possible student debt forgiveness, child tax credits), and that what's about to come is us failing them and not the other way around. There is nothing about this statement to respect. It's beyond disgusting.

I think this might be my crack ping moment because I just can't wrap my head around this one.

It's even loving worse in combination with that whole "We didn't see this coming" bit. :psyduck:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

In going to die

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

oh my god netflix will reboot him

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boost my freaking BALLS

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Virgil Vox posted:

mystery covid strain 3000

Mystery COVID Theater 3000

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

They're happy to help fascists, but they are not fascists. Liberals do not deserve summary executions. Fascists do. Like I'm not prepared to call anyone a fascist unless I believe the only thing that should be done with them is their removal from society by any and all means necessary.

Liberals are stupid, dangerous, and often monstrous people, but they are still people. Fascists are not people.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It's even loving worse in combination with that whole "We didn't see this coming" bit. :psyduck:
that statement was also about delta btw, which uh, no excuse there compared to the immune evasive variant

if you're in the uk looking for ppe i'd still recommend craigmoreonline, got a hf-802sd from them with p3rs and a pack of 3m aura ffp2s. any data on how long the p3r or a similar filter lasts outside of high exposure events? i know 'wear until trouble breathing' but any ballpark measurements for that

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

You come at the king, you best not mi-

*COVID-19 hoses the whole block down with an Uzi*

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

7% cfr on reinfection lmfao

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I’m glad I’m a college educated white person so I’m statistically immune to Covid. sorry everyone else

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

They're happy to help fascists, but they are not fascists. Liberals do not deserve summary executions. Fascists do. Like I'm not prepared to call anyone a fascist unless I believe the only thing that should be done with them is their removal from society by any and all means necessary.

Liberals are stupid, dangerous, and often monstrous people, but they are still people. Fascists are not people.

...buddy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Google Butt posted:

7% cfr on reinfection lmfao

good thing it's impossible to get reinfected

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

McNugget!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
hoping that I make it through the next few years without dying :pray:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Bullfrog posted:

Covid Pete is sucking and loving and chopping dat meat

Say, turn this record over, you ain't heard nothing yet!

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

WHEN DO I GET IT

MY loving CHECK

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/eric_time/status/1472329693940572165

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

🤣
Nice meltdown

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz/status/1472243332197847047

33% in hospital fully vaccinated

33% in ICU fully vaccinated

28% on ventilators fully vaccinated

and I don't think Omicron has even made it to Upstate NY yet - this is just Delta
loving hell

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

fosborb posted:

weird poo poo happening with cases in SA

straight up and now straight down in multiple provinces and in order of how it spread through South Africa. may see it happen soon in the UK and Denmark, probably the next to watch

as omicron virulency increases in the data, expect mild to be replaced with "it'll be over quickly"

meanwhile, remember most of the volume we are currently seeing in the US isn't even omicron. this is almost all still delta steadily, increasingly ripping through us

reposting myself but this is also weird?

Petey posted:

there is something weird going on here that i don't understand — why levels are dropping so sharply again in the wastewater data

this happened before any chances to policies here in boston, although we also know that behaviors are orthogonal to policies. my best guess is that most of this initial spike was delta circulation among unvaccinated populations at thanksgiving, that omicron is spiking up underneath that but was hidden, and the sharp uptick these last few days is the omicron upward slope crossing and overtaking the delta downward slope.

one reason i think this: the south shore is less vaccinated than the north shore, and you see this dynamic more on the south shore, whereas on the north shore it's just a spike up after thanksgiving, and then a line almost meeting the south shore, and now they're both up at the same angle, which is what you might expect from omicron uptick?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

McNugget Buddy posted:

Mystery COVID Theater 3000

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

hahaha I'm losing my mind! lmao

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dolphin posted:

the Trump admin was better in literally every single way. there is not a single metric by which Biden is an improvement and he is quantifiably worse on many metrics

not true on several fronts, mainly environmental (and that’s still lol bad) pulling out of Afghanistan, and so on. but yes, he still has done a terrible job.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MetaMeme posted:

posting in for the pandemic year page

gently caress

Don’t worry. 3001 is also a pandemic year.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/CarolineMoss/status/1472328302526230530

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the best part imo will be after this wave subsides and everyone decides cover is over again

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

but like seriously, can we start those 2k checks and unemployment Benny’s again? please

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Thoguh posted:

Don’t worry. 3001 is also a pandemic year.

here's to another lousy millennium

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the covid rollercoaster. every year our hospitals are ritually overwhwelmed by disease. it's always been like this

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Crazypoops posted:

hahaha I'm losing my mind! lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

LionArcher posted:

but like seriously, can we start those 2k checks and unemployment Benny’s again? please

no! mild! 😡

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LionArcher posted:

not true on several fronts, mainly environmental (and that’s still lol bad) pulling out of Afghanistan, and so on. but yes, he still has done a terrible job.
pulling out of Afghanistan was trump's idea

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm not going outside ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

D&D is back to arguing that covid is droplets and not airborne so uh, saved you a click there. Peak weekend brunch hour.

lol