Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lie Bot also impersonated that one relative of Ray's for a while, which is at least like lying. Also he shot Roast Beef, which isn't a lie but was a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

He's definitely a dick but we don't know for sure that Flavor Flav didn't show up with a blinking tooth

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lie Bot's even been shown to lie to Vlad, which really hurts the guy's feelings.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Lol how come you guys know so much about the characters that are not cats or bears?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I would like to know more about whatever half-formed strip idea gave us Panel 11 in "Forlorn Charlie Brown Comics"*

*(Was there any other kind?)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vlad Bot brings me lots of joy because I have a close Bulgarian friend named Vlad who wears similar glasses. No mustache though. I would have bought him the King of the Makeouts shirt but it's not available anymore.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

JethroMcB posted:

I would like to know more about whatever half-formed strip idea gave us Panel 11 in "Forlorn Charlie Brown Comics"*

*(Was there any other kind?)

I get a very strong impression that it's Pat on the phone, and it was probably too similar to the "do I have to hear your entire morning routine" strip.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Vlad Bot brings me lots of joy because I have a close Bulgarian friend named Vlad who wears similar glasses. No mustache though. I would have bought him the King of the Makeouts shirt but it's not available anymore.

It seems like it is?

http://achewood.myshopify.com/collections/t-shirts/products/the-king-of-the-make-outs-t-shirt

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh poo poo. It's back. Excellent.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Are those t-shirts at all decent quality or are the giraffics going to break down after like three loads in the wash

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Are you calling yourselves The Tasty Dudes?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Goot, the typo that became dialogue

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
New Achewood :siren:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09162016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love every panel on the right side of that comic. :newlol:

I needed a laugh this morning. :tipshat:

edit: Also, the alt text is good.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 16, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, I really dig that alt text. Comic is fun, love the idea of the cop just walking away out of sympathy.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I have a humble request. If you post the link to a new comic could you also copy the alt text. All I have is a phone and an ipad and i miss reading alt texts. I know other people have asked in the past too so it might just benefit more than me. tia

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I have a humble request. If you post the link to a new comic could you also copy the alt text. All I have is a phone and an ipad and i miss reading alt texts. I know other people have asked in the past too so it might just benefit more than me. tia

In this one, it's "What Ray is trying to say is that without alcohol, he realizes that his flirting technique basically just amounts to bothering women in public."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Is it okay if I wrap it in spoiler tags? You can see those on Ithings, right?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Use Chrome instead of Safari and you can see the alt-text by tapping on the comic.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
edit: oops missed that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I make a drat good scramble. Don't step to my texture.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Pakled posted:

In this one, it's "What Ray is trying to say is that without alcohol, he realizes that his flirting technique basically just amounts to bothering women in public."

Thank you.

prefect posted:

Is it okay if I wrap it in spoiler tags? You can see those on Ithings, right?

yes

head58 posted:

Use Chrome instead of Safari and you can see the alt-text by tapping on the comic.

Ok cool thanks.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
altwood works for your mobile alt text needs

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Are those t-shirts at all decent quality or are the giraffics going to break down after like three loads in the wash

I got the 'Hugs' one as a gift 5+ years ago and I still wear it and it is great. I don't put it in the dryer, just to be sure, though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Maxwell Lord posted:

I make a drat good scramble. Don't step to my texture.

I am unironically mad at T for hating on turning off the heat while the egg is still fluid. There's heat in the pan and egg already, the texture will happen. Don't step.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

I am unironically mad at T for hating on turning off the heat while the egg is still fluid. There's heat in the pan and egg already, the texture will happen. Don't step.
I'm pretty sure he's making fun of Ray's techniques with the ladies rather than his techniques with cooking eggs.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
by using something that is GOOD to do with eggs to make a joke about something that is BAD to do with ladies, we can see that Teodor has made a joke that flows logically from the premise (Ray wants to treat women caringly like he treats his eggs) to an unexpected and absurdist conclusion (a technique that is good for eggs would be bad if you did it to women)

this is how comedy is made

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

head58 posted:

One flavor of Kool-Aid is enough, thank you.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
When I read this thread I feel like I'm straddling the nozzle of a tank that says "Yale"

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
I feel like after the last line in the new strip ray and teodor should turn and face the camera and say "and that is the joke in our comic, thank you for reading today" and take a bow

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Pony Incident posted:

I feel like after the last line in the new strip ray and teodor should turn and face the camera and say "and that is the joke in our comic, thank you for reading today" and take a bow

That would be really good I think.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Pony Incident posted:

Onstad is THIS close to getting syndicated.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
what i mean is the last line from ray is so weirdly hamfisted, like onstad just couldn't think of a way to finish the strip and so was like "let's just have ray restate the thing he said earlier but in a slightly different way" like why couldn't ray just have said "drat teodor, harsh" or something like that. Teodor's line is so good I just don't know why Ray had to say such a pointless thing and sour the whole flow of it, I'm gettin MAD, mad about COMICS

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Teodors line isn't funny.

Enough with the zingers already.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Shibawanko posted:

Teodors line isn't funny.

For real you could completely remove him from all future strips and unless someone said something, I'd probably never notice.
I honestly don't know if this is going to be a controversial opinion or not.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
poop

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 26, 2018

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

For real you could completely remove him from all future strips and unless someone said something, I'd probably never notice.
I honestly don't know if this is going to be a controversial opinion or not.

He's an author avatar so he talks like a 40something cynic. Maybe Onstad should try drinking alcohol again.

Chickenwalker posted:

He's the Onstad insert. And you know what Onstad autocorrects to? Instead. Like if you don't dig it, you can always read another comic instead of bitching pointlessly.

No. Suck my balls.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

He's the Onstad insert. And you know what Onstad autocorrects to? Instead. Like if you don't dig it, you can always read another comic instead of bitching pointlessly.

Shibawanko posted:

No. Suck my balls.

Bad character is bad even when I don't read his words, sorry Chickenwalker.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Looks like you dirt merchants performed a reverse prayer, because this new motherfuckin' strip has approximately eight times the dose of Teodor that you would otherwise prefer.

Alt text: "The Pepperjack Scramble Ritual is kind of like if the Algonquin Round Table hadn't qualified for a Wikipedia entry."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hey Wanderer,

Is your avatar from the arc where they discovered the modular-weight underpants? I loved that!