Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Xolve posted:

You can get a good steak in a restaurant for less than 60 dollars. Ruths Chris is a poo poo example of 'good'.

what kind of bourgeoisie lifestyle do you live in where anything over $15 is an acceptable price for a meal? I eat bread and water and live with my parents and I save all the money to buy PLEX so I can sell it for ISK, working on my third titan right now AMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Syndic Thrass posted:

theres places that charge like 50 bucks just for you to be able to pick the one you want out of the grocery store isle in a restaurant for them to cook. makes you think (how much money you could have saved picking it in a grocery store then grilling boil it in a plastic bag it like a loving grownup fruity TV chef)

:colbert:

Also

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54778209/

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 25, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

nah https://zkillboard.com/kill/54785367/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Thomas Lear took me out on this https://zkillboard.com/kill/54783109/

Asher took me out on this https://zkillboard.com/kill/54778110/

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Don't flaunt what I can't have...

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Didn't drop Corp fast enough.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Has anyone here experimented with Kiwi? My grandmother uses it to tenderize beef very very quickly, perhaps 2 minutes. Any longer and it doesn't hold together. I'm wondering if there could be a way to apply it to steak, despite cuts usually being much thicker than Korean beef (Bulgogi)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Don't flaunt what I can't have...

are you not space trucking anymore

is that haram in the pandemic horde?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

are you not space trucking anymore

is that haram in the pandemic horde?

No I mean gank with miniluv :saddowns:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

well then

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Elsa posted:

Has anyone here experimented with Kiwi? My grandmother uses it to tenderize beef very very quickly, perhaps 2 minutes. Any longer and it doesn't hold together. I'm wondering if there could be a way to apply it to steak, despite cuts usually being much thicker than Korean beef (Bulgogi)

Yep! It's awesome for that. Kiwi is a lot like pineapple and papaya in that it has an enzyme that breaks down proteins. (That's why people on pineapple farms have hosed up hands.) But like any other marinade, it only really hits the outside of it, unless you're using syringes to inject it inside the meat.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

Yep! It's awesome for that. Kiwi is a lot like pineapple and papaya in that it has an enzyme that breaks down proteins. (That's why people on pineapple farms have hosed up hands.) But like any other marinade, it only really hits the outside of it, unless you're using syringes to inject it inside the meat.

yeah cool, that infiltration part, how would that happen I wonder. There might not be an alternative to slicing it thin.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

This pleases me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Elsa posted:

yeah cool, that infiltration part, how would that happen I wonder. There might not be an alternative to slicing it thin.

Dicing it and soaking it in juice?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

Dicing it and soaking it in juice?

feed the cow pineapple and kiwi all its life maybe

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Uuuuugh, 2017 >_< Will you be redoing applications closer to that date, or do we still need to get teams submitted now?

Can't comment on that specifically. Ask Elise or Nashh as they're the ones in charge of that stuff.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Elsa posted:

feed the cow pineapple and kiwi all its life maybe

It will be so tender that it will shatter like a soap bubble if it trips.

I like...

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

It will be so tender that it will shatter like a soap bubble if it trips.

I like...

;-*

Lots of good lessons learned over the past month of bridging. I like to do it proper and provide the ride home, basically a blops at both ends of the trip. I lurk on comms and mostly post itt during ops. Another issue was Blops vs cyno balance and I think I have that figured out too. Not pictured is another main (and account) with a cloaky hauler to ferry topes, though I haven't run into a fleet so big that I didn't have enough in cargo.

The last time I've put all my mains to work at full clip was 2012, for C5 cap escalations.

I have half a mind to try blitzing DED sites with the Panthers when nothing's going on. They're not Sins but they have the 125 bandwidth for sentries.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
You really shouldn't have to tenderize steak (unless maybe you're talking about flank steak)

on another note, I'm thinking space truckers must all be loving insane. I'm about 8 jumps into a 26 jump route in a 2 AU/s battleship and I'm ready to start punching myself in the balls. Do people actually have the patience to two box a freighter and a web alt for hours on end doing nothing more than align > web > jump ad nauseum?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Jazzzzz posted:

You really shouldn't have to tenderize steak (unless maybe you're talking about flank steak)

According to my grandmother, sometimes Korean restaurants will use kiwi to soften tough, lower grade meat. So I was just curious, I mean I forget the going rates for beef, but if you could take a cheap cut and turn it into something incredibly melty tender for the price of a kiwi :shrug:

Just curious.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
:ullerrm: and anyone in the know, does self destruct pay insurance?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

:ullerrm: and anyone in the know, does self destruct pay insurance?

It does yes.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Zephyrine posted:

It does yes.

I don't believe you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

I don't believe you.

You think she'd just lie about something like that?

She did omit that it only works for capitals and above though. Hence the term "suicide dreadnought"

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

She did omit that it only works for capitals and above though. Hence the term "suicide dreadnought"

Who would do that. Who would just lie on the internet.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Carth Dookie posted:

I guess the only way for him to know for sure, is to try.

MorsAnima posted:

Who would do that. Who would just lie on the internet.

Silly wabbit, nobody lies on the intraweb.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

You get full insurance when you self destruct a ship. But not if Concord destroys it.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
Some dude 9j out kindly volunteered to come waste his ammo.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I feel like safe destructing takes too long for no reason. Just undock and warp/cyno where you shouldn't go.

Unless you're the kind of person who doesn't want to give others a killmail. :lol: if that's the case.

E:

MorsAnima posted:

Some dude 9j out kindly volunteered to come waste his ammo.

That's the spirit!

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I'm in a lowsec island with no cyno char subbed. How am I supposed to do that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

I'm in a lowsec island with no cyno char subbed. How am I supposed to do that.

Your goal is to have the ship blown up for insurance isn't it? Then does it really matter who opens the cyno for you, as long as they're waiting with a fleet to blow you up?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Dalael posted:

Your goal is to have the ship blown up for insurance isn't it? Then does it really matter who opens the cyno for you, as long as they're waiting with a fleet to blow you up?

And to who do I ask this kind favour? In the arse end of amarr lowsec, I, a wormholer with no knowledge of who lives literally anywhere?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

And to who do I ask this kind favour? In the arse end of amarr lowsec, I, a wormholer with no knowledge of who lives literally anywhere?

You must be the first person ever, who is unable to get his capital ship killed.
I just don't know what to tell you. :shrug:

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
It ded. Now I just need to go pick up it's fittings cause muh isk value.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Landsknecht posted:

IMO the best would be a series of one-off storyline missions that reward you with levels of certain skills or something, so a new player could roll around, learn mechanics, and come out being able to fly cruisers decently

That's what career missions are for. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

We could have something similar to epic arcs but with a more skill-focused bent, or perhaps the devs could add skill training components to faction warfare missions?

edit to add: My corp could soon have a cadet program to help fresh-faced noobs (who don't meet the entry requirements but want to join us) skill up and prepare themselves for the big bad universe of EVE. I've already taken one noob under my wing, getting him to polish off the Gallente career missions before he can start on learning how to rat, how to mine, do PI, survive, evade, all the skills a noob needs to scale the learning cliff. If CCP doesn't introduce more learning-type missions beyond the careers and opportunities, that responsibility will fall into the hands of player corps.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 25, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You mean like it has been for 13 years?

Introduce skill point losses to all capital and larger skills. Perhaps 20% of a skill level's SP is lost upon death, rather than a whole skill point level, just because the training time compared to T3 subsystems i much longer and then introduce a skill point harvest system for the killer where 90% is distributed, and the other 10% is burned.

So somebody getting popped in a Naglfar who has Minmatar Dreadnought V goes down to 4.8, the killers then get 0.18 of the SP divided amongst them.

gently caress caps, is what I'm saying.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Carth Dookie posted:

You mean like it has been for 13 years?

Introduce skill point losses to all capital and larger skills. Perhaps 20% of a skill level's SP is lost upon death, rather than a whole skill point level, just because the training time compared to T3 subsystems i much longer and then introduce a skill point harvest system for the killer where 90% is distributed, and the other 10% is burned.

So somebody getting popped in a Naglfar who has Minmatar Dreadnought V goes down to 4.8, the killers then get 0.18 of the SP divided amongst them.

gently caress caps, is what I'm saying.

Pod could drop a small skill injector.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I am against any and all SP loss for absolutely no logical reason now that skill injectors are a thing. Sue me.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ullerrm posted:

Ugh, coffee talk, my weakness. Now I'm gonna have to read a Dephyrine post.

So, first off, cinnamon is extremely hydrophobic; it doesn't absorb water. (After all, it's the dried-out bark of a tree. Its entire purpose is to repel excess water.) So that's not your problem.

As for why you're just noticing this -- there are different grades of cinnamon. Not only are there different grades of quality, but there's also six different species of tree commonly referred to as cinnamon, and they have significantly different textures and flavors. Chances are, your original jar of cinnamon was Ceylon cinnamon (C. verum), and your new jar is Chinese cinnamon (C. cassia). I keep both in the house -- Ceylon is better for coffee and cold desserts, Chinese is better for baking.

Please don't put cinnamon in your coffee grinder. I'm assuming you've got a proper conical burr coffee grinder; it'll gently caress that poo poo right up. (If you're talking about some sort of whirly blade grinder, then it won't damage it, but please don't use whirly grinders for coffee. They produce really insistent grind which means inconsistent extraction which means terrible coffee.) Use a dedicated spice grinder, or just hand chop it with a knife.

Great, you shamed me into grinding my french press beans with my burr grinder this morning. OF COURSE there were scads of web sites with helpful suggestions of which precise setting is perfect on my Baratza :psyduck: Coffee nerds...

But yes, its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

I am against any and all SP loss for absolutely no logical reason now that skill injectors are a thing. Sue me.

Funnily enough, I'm more OK with it now because of them. :shrug:

• Locked thread