Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

“ethical non monogamy” with a very wonky “ethical” as per most of these posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AceClown posted:

lol bolding mine:

lots of them, like fuckin loads

I'm a Swiss Pikeman but I'm looking to date a Landsknecht; AITA?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Also I just have to say that

quote:

I think the word you are looking for is slut

is such a great line

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sluts own

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

I'm a Swiss Pikeman but I'm looking to date a Landsknecht; AITA?

You have to make sure they understand your overtures. Lots of people think their flirting is obvious, but it may not be that way to an outside observer. You need to do something unambiguous, like directly inviting them to sack Verona.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Aoife is the elf ranger of my dreams

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cowslips Warren posted:

Are there women equivalents of that, seriously? Like is there a place where women get happy endings, that they want, during a massage, or did that poo poo stop with Freud's weirdness about hysteria?

Does that ad on our town noticeboard count where a dude is offering "sensual massages" to women, promises to be very discreet, does home visits and says no monetary compensation is needed?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is not a better answer to "how did you two meet?" than "funny story, we ran into each other in the woods and discovered that we both were independently plotting to overthrow the corrupt Duke"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Barudak posted:

There is not a better answer to "how did you two meet?" than "funny story, we ran into each other in the woods and discovered that we both were independently plotting to overthrow the corrupt Duke"

One time I was at a bar and there was a woman with a crossbow tattooed on her bicep. I said “hey, I love your crossbow tattoo” and she rolled her eyes and said “uh, it’s an arbalest”. Maybe it was her.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Biplane posted:

Aoife is the elf ranger of my dreams

r/relationships: Aoife is the elf ranger of my dreams

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Heh so you like archery, huh? Well how's about we go on a date to an archery range, and you teach me how to shoot a real life bow. Then I can show you how to become a level 99 night elf who also shoots a bow. It's real easy, you just gotta live with your mom into your thirties, and when it's time for a raid, make sure you have extra bottles in case... hey! Where are you going?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

If I went on a date and someone taught me some archery, then some sword fighting, I'd probably be unable to function around that person because I'd automatically be in love.

How do you beat that? How??

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I love that he had to specify that’s it’s not an MLM because I guess that’s the only kind of business a woman can own.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Alternatively, a MLM is the only business that is proper and non-threatening for a woman to own, because it symbolizes bored housewife.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

mailorder bees posted:

i know plenty of girls who want a girl that fights with swords and shoots arrows

I am a girl who knows her way around a sword and the ladies are into it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You need to act like a housewife before you can become one.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Aoife should visit the nearest Renaissance Faire and offer her hand to whoever can best her in a contest of blade and bow.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Is this Aiofe thing referencing and Anime or some poo poo? It feels like the OP is trying to hint at something.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Is this Aiofe thing referencing and Anime or some poo poo?

The Ulster Cycle.
Which is basically anime yes.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Is this Aiofe thing referencing and Anime or some poo poo? It feels like the OP is trying to hint at something.

I just thought they were Irish

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s the name of that new Star Wars show.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I honest to god met someone who introduced themselves as “ay oh fie” and I almost pulled a muscle in my face keeping my best middle class smile going when I realised it was supposed to be Aoife.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mr Teatime posted:

I honest to god met someone who introduced themselves as “ay oh fie” and I almost pulled a muscle in my face keeping my best middle class smile going when I realised it was supposed to be Aoife.

Mate of mine swears she met a mum with a little See-Ob-Han once...

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Mr Teatime posted:

:lol: It's funny when people see a foreign name and then take it (well, give it to their kids) and then insist on some butchered pronunciation

And it's funny that her sister keeps trying to say men don't like X and Y. Did it occur to the OP that maybe Aoife is selecting for people that aren't intimidated? The only valid criticism in there is that she may actually be too busy (2nd masters, running own business) but the rest sounds a bit like jealousy that Aoife is way cooler than her.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Aoife, won't you please think of the thirtysomething dudes and their hectic video game schedules? They simply don't have time for things like "setting goals" or "trying archery sometime."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Stop being so interesting! You're terrifying the shut-ins!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

None of these pathetic man children will let you do their laundry and cook their meals if you don't tone it down a bit!

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

I had some mates that named their daughter Aoife, and the step mum of one of our mates straight into the face of the mother "oh, sounds like Heifer, she's going to have a rough childhood".

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Evil Willow posted:

My(25F) boyfriend(27M) says it’s unfair for him to not sleep around when I’m out of town

Biologically, if we are going with sex solely for reproduction, then cis men want to spread their genes far and wide. But by the same token, biologically cis women want the best genes for their offspring, which means sometimes getting genes from men from far away. Biotruth-wise, sex is about genes and which ones pass down. Of course you add morality to this mix, and poo poo gets fun, usually with dudes screaming about spermjacking or being forced to raise another man's kid. But that's biology!

Gene spreading for me but none for thee!

AITA - if I work multiple remote jobs at once without them knowing about each other ?

quote:

Title pretty much sums it up. I’m in a low earning field that caps out around 70k. I’m a single mom and up to my elbows in debt.

One good thing about my line of work is there’s never a shortage - and I can do it remotely.

I have one full time job, 2 part time jobs, and I’m going to school.

I do the school and the 2 side hustles in my spare time bc I feel guilty to do it while I’m on the clock at my full time gig.

But - I’m finding this increasingly difficult, and I’m falling behind at my side hustles. I could very easily sandwich this work into my day.

But I’m afraid of getting caught, I feel morally conflicted, and sort of like I’d be committing time fraud?

It would earn me so much more money though, and free up so much of my spare time, and over all be so much more efficient.

AITA?

Pre Covid I knew a delivery driver who did something like this. He'd be part time taking phone calls for some insurance company and would just pull over and do the phone work while he was on route. The addition of cameras in the delivery vans meant he had to quit the side gig.

AITA for letting my 7 yo go out by himself against his mother’s wishes?

quote:

I (28M) was raised in a rural area where kids tend to grow up fast. When I was 5 I walked alone to the bus stop by the side of the road, by 9 I was already driving in the property… I now have a 7 year old son with my ex girlfriend (26F) and we have shared custody.

Granted, we now live in the city, and I know times are different, but I don’t see anything wrong with letting him walk two blocks to get some candy at 7/11 or something. His mother doesn’t agree with this, but in my mind I’m free to do my parenting choices, just as she is. I just asked my son not to mention anything so as not so start trouble (important to say, I didn’t ask him to lie to his mother, just to keep his short walks between us).

Well, one of my ex’s friends who also lives in the neighborhood saw my son walking alone by the park. My ex called me to say I was putting our kid in danger and called me an AH for making him keep this from her (because of course I told her it wasn’t the first time, as a way to show he’s responsible and has proved to be trustworthy with the small freedoms I give him). AITA here?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
[throwaway] my common law husband passed away 6 months ago, his sister wants me to give her his share of his inheritance.

quote:

I mean I kind of understand her point. My common law husband passed away suddenly 6 months ago. We have wills so I inherited his estate (like he would’ve inherited mine) a part of his estate is his inheritance from his mother who passed away just a couple of months before him. A house, summer cottage and some rentals. It amounts to a couple of million dollars. That would be divided between my husband and his sister.

The sister is married and has 3 children. Now she wants me to sign off my husband’s inheritance to her children because I’m basically not family anymore. And when I move on with my life, her family money would go to total strangers.

I don’t know. She hurt my feelings making me not family just because I’m not properly married and also because we don’t have children. But at the same time, yes since my husband passed before me. Our estate will go to my side of the family when I pass including her family money.

I offered to include her children in my will but she got mad because it’s her family money.

The mother’s estate isn’t sorted out yet because of how fast everything went. The sister is only interested in my husband’s share of the mother’s estate. She believes my husband’s estate is mine as the will stated.

I don’t know

From the comments, they'd been married 15 years and SIL doesn't consider her family "anymore" lol.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my sister that men find her intimidating and to chill?

I agree with OP that Aoife needs to be careful about how she presents all this info, simply because when you get that infodump all at once it sounds fake as hell. Nobody could be *that* cool.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Theophany posted:

[throwaway] my common law husband passed away 6 months ago, his sister wants me to give her his share of his inheritance.

From the comments, they'd been married 15 years and SIL doesn't consider her family "anymore" lol.

Sister is just going for "you don't get what you don't ask for" and leaning into negative feelings OP has about not having a marriage party, which is irrelevant otherwise.

The Diddler posted:

I agree with OP that Aoife needs to be careful about how she presents all this info, simply because when you get that infodump all at once it sounds fake as hell. Nobody could be *that* cool.

yeah, sounds like a guy that talks about his 15 years experience across four careers including four gap years for travel... by the time he is 23. Maybe it is true, most likely not, but definitely boastful if just unloaded on someone.

Electric Wrigglies fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 6, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It sounds more like the OP has been seething about her sister being more interested in living than her for the last couple decades. I bet Aoife had done any of those given things a handful of times and they just stick in her craw so much it's defined her as a Business Xena

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for getting behind this woman to dance with her at this club?

quote:

So I started going to clubs recently and there are some things about club culture that I’ve been learning but I guess I was wrong about. One thing I noticed is that a lot of times when women are twerking that guys will get behind them or pat them on the butt. A lot of times I’ve noticed that when guys get behind these women they just start twerking on them. I saw this so I started trying it myself and most of the time it would work except last night.

I got behind this one girl and she pushed me pretty hard. I just brushed it off and left her alone. That was like two weeks ago. I saw her again last night and she was twerking and dancing on different guys. She was twerking in this circle and people were patting her on the butt and so I was there and I did the same thing.

I think she or one of her friends ended up reporting me though because one of the bouncers came to talk to me about it. I didn’t get thrown out but they told me to not be around those women and to pay more attention to social cues. I don’t think I was right but am I an rear end in a top hat for that?

The only high school dance I ever went to was my freshman year, and all I remember other than the bad decorations, is seeing one of my freshman bullies with a senior grinding the gently caress away behind her. This was years before twerking was a thing, but all I could wonder was if she was really into that. I was a super sheltered kid.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Aoife became so accomplished because she always remembered the wise words of her dear old Nonna: "Aoife first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

What the actual gently caress is wrong with this dude.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for getting behind this woman to dance with her at this club?

The only high school dance I ever went to was my freshman year, and all I remember other than the bad decorations, is seeing one of my freshman bullies with a senior grinding the gently caress away behind her. This was years before twerking was a thing, but all I could wonder was if she was really into that. I was a super sheltered kid.

As someone who has been to their fair share of dance clubs in the past, I know exactly what this guy is doing and he is coming off like every other creep out there.

Women will be dancing and have men just sidle up to them from behind and start dancing/dry humping them, with little to no consent implied. The women can't see behind them, so these guys get a quick thrill and hope the woman is into them once they turn around and see who is dancing with them.

They never are. Because any man who actually knows the etiquette wouldn't do this. You are supposed to actually greet them first, you know, like a normal loving person and let them decide if they are interested or not.

This is why a lot of women dance in pairs facing each other, so they can warn their friend when a guy is coming up behind them.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cowslips Warren posted:

7 year olds are tiny, this is so loving stupid

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

7 year olds doing poo poo alone is incredibly normal in Finland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

youknowthatoneguy posted:

As someone who has been to their fair share of dance clubs in the past, I know exactly what this guy is doing and he is coming off like every other creep out there.

Women will be dancing and have men just sidle up to them from behind and start dancing/dry humping them, with little to no consent implied. The women can't see behind them, so these guys get a quick thrill and hope the woman is into them once they turn around and see who is dancing with them.

They never are. Because any man who actually knows the etiquette wouldn't do this. You are supposed to actually greet them first, you know, like a normal loving person and let them decide if they are interested or not.

This is why a lot of women dance in pairs facing each other, so they can warn their friend when a guy is coming up behind them.

Much like dick pics, the dudes who never need to send them are always the ones ready to fire some off.