Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This chapter was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elentor posted:

This chapter was incredible.

It really was.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

And I thought the LAST chapter was good...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like pretty much everything about this chapter.

I'm also in awe at how they managed to make Bang, his bro and Genos look awesome despite Saitama.

Also King to the rescue! But why was the king distraction even needed? Saitama is faster than Speed of Sound Sonic.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Darth TNT posted:

I like pretty much everything about this chapter.

I'm also in awe at how they managed to make Bang, his bro and Genos look awesome despite Saitama.

Also King to the rescue! But why was the king distraction even needed? Saitama is faster than Speed of Sound Sonic.

Probably to draw the centipede away so as to minimize the collateral damage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as the strongest man, king has both brains and brawn.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

as the strongest man, king has both brains and brawn.

Exactly, and he is also very generous to allow Caped Baldy to assist him in this fight.

Also, holy loving poo poo this chapter. This is some dangerous levels of quality.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Very consistent ending, Saitama usually has no idea how to kill monsters in a safe way

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I feel more than anything this chapter buries the idea that Blast is Saitama.

If they were the same, not only does that repeat Kings gimmick, it makes no sense that centipede would dream of revenge.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
monsters don't escape from saitama, and even if elder centipede had done so somehow he sure as heck wouldn't want a rematch.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I don't understand why anyone thought that Blast might be Saitama, after we got introduced to King properly.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I know for me it was the vague likeness of their outfits.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
It was perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Attestant posted:

I don't understand why anyone thought that Blast might be Saitama, after we got introduced to King properly.

it was a theory back when the fandom was less informed about who Blast is. the fandom is now more informed about him and it's been gone for a long time.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it was a theory back when the fandom was less informed about who Blast is. the fandom is now more informed about him and it's been gone for a long time.

Only reason I still held a suspicion that it might be, is I suspected maybe Saitama had a memory loss, but it's just not adding up at all now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is just my opinion but I don't think Saitama being Blast as a gag would pay off. We already have that joke with King, and Blast as an actual character makes for a more interesting carrot-on-a-stick in the story. We need more pieces for an endgame and I think Blast could fit in it somewhere.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If Saitama were Blast, how would we get a scene where Blast realizes Saitama is stronger than him

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

monsters don't escape from saitama

Yes they do :colbert:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Mordaedil posted:

I know for me it was the vague likeness of their outfits.

It's clearly hinting it may be Saitama back when he had hair.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Xarbala posted:

If Saitama were Blast, how would we get a scene where Blast realizes Saitama is stronger than him

Maybe Saitama is like a rooster in that he has no idea the baldy in the mirror is not a different person.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Maybe it's Saitama with a wig. So, Charanko.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Let's all take a moment to contemplate how much better the manga is right now compared to the middle of the tournament arc.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The tournament arc was fine, but was too slow

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Fartbox posted:

The tournament arc was fine, but was too slow

Actually, it was too slow and therefore not fine.

This latest chapter, however, was badass and also funny. That's how it should be.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
If the tournament had been released at a pace like this it wouldn't have felt so slow. Conversely, one reason this chapter was good is it came out all at once.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Yes, if every monthly chapter was 100+ pages, the pace wouldn't have felt as slow.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The tournament arc would have been a high point in most other action mangas.

Alas, it was in this one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember how good Garo vs Metal Bat was?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The only reason the Tournament arc seemed slow was because the updates were IRL slow. If you binged it it had fine pacing.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

skaianDestiny posted:

The only reason the Tournament arc seemed slow was because the updates were IRL slow. If you binged it it had fine pacing.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Schwarzwald posted:

The tournament arc would have been a high point in most other action mangas.

Alas, it was in this one.

I thought the tournament arc is always the most boring part of any manga. Or is that supposed to be :thejoke:?

skaianDestiny posted:

It's not really the pacing as much as the lack of any good jokes. The tournament consists of about ten really straightforward fights ripped straight from Yu Yu Hakusho or whatever. I distinctly remember the first actual joke in months being part of a bonus chapter.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

that sincerely feels like a lifetime ago but i remember metal bat hitting the ground with his bat and making cars jump from streets away extremely vividly

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This chapter retroactively makes Metal Bat somehow even more badass.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Metal Bat is easily my favorite Hero because his power is straight up guts and will!

Also this is just too adorable :3

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I really appreciate King and Saitama just, you know, hanging out.

Reiche posted:

Metal Bat is easily my favorite Hero because his power is straight up guts and will!

It is

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

I will never forget.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reiche posted:

Pompadour is a best boy multiplier of at least 50 and it increases depending on the quality of the pomp

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Something is just so intensely satisfying about a serious series punch.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Pompadour is a best boy multiplier of at least 50 and it increases depending on the quality of the pomp

The bancho style is very powerful, and a quality pompadour makes it functionally unbeatable. Thus, Metal Bat is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Basically, to beat a pompadour boy to the title of best boy, you have to be a special exception, such as "being Arataka Reigen".

The best boy multiplier on "being Arataka Reigen" is times infinity, incidentally.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 8, 2017