Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Tim Whatley posted:

Disney isn't getting Fox News, FS1/other sports, or syndicated Fox. They are getting FX Networks, Nat Geo, Hulu, Alien, fuckin Home Alone, Die Hard, Marvel stuff, Avatar, a trillion other things, Family Guy, King of the Hill and The Simpsons. They own it all now.

Disney is far less interested in currently running TV shows, especially The Simpsons in terms of the creative direction but rather syndication payments via the Fox stuff they don't own and merchandise royalties. Plus really all of this is just to have an insanely massive portfolio when they launch their streaming service next year, which Hulu very well might just become at this point.

Disney's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Family Guy 4D simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I hope Disney serves Cornish hens in Star Wars land and calls them roast Porgs :getin:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

I hope Disney serves Cornish hens in Star Wars land and calls them roast Porgs :getin:

I do wonder how far they're going to go in terms of disguising the food, since almost every food and beverage item created for Star Wars has no real world analogue beyond vague similarities (like bantha instead of beef, or "caf" instead of coffee).

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The Death Star burgers and stuff at HS were a cute way of doing it. Just themed stuff. Satuli in Pandora is also a good way of handling it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

The Death Star burgers and stuff at HS were a cute way of doing it. Just themed stuff. Satuli in Pandora is also a good way of handling it.

I mean, Pandora exists in the "real world" still so you could conceivably see human foodstuffs like chicken and fish in addition to Pandoran. Star Wars literally doesn't have an animal called a chicken, or a drink called Fireball cinnamon whiskey.

My guess is they'll have the Star Wars name and then just put the actual identity of everything in small letters right below it.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

also hoping for this

edit: what i really want is for them to genetically engineer porgs into existence in order to serve them in the theme park

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, Pandora exists in the "real world" still so you could conceivably see human foodstuffs like chicken and fish in addition to Pandoran. Star Wars literally doesn't have an animal called a chicken, or a drink called Fireball cinnamon whiskey.

My guess is they'll have the Star Wars name and then just put the actual identity of everything in small letters right below it.

Yeah it'll be stuff like this but probably even more themed and further from traditional food (that's what I mean by the Satuli bowls - familiar foods served in new ways).

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Blue milk.

e8 spoiler: fresh from the teat.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I need help.

Someone had me listen to/ watch "Skipper Dan" on YouTube and now I'm afraid that sadness will forever tarnish the Jungle Cruise, my favorite ride. :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
If it makes you feel better that's the Disneyland experience with never-made-it in Hollywood cast members.

Florida is just college kids having fun.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
That does help!

And if I drink enough at Disneyland I can forget there too! :cheers:

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

Lars family breakfast should be two burnt pieces of bacon

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

darkspider42 posted:

I can't believe you've done this.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
At the Christmas party right now. Just watched the parade and we had some nice spots against the rope we got about twenty minutes before the start. With two minutes to go some grandma gets her four 3-5 year old kids to crawl up to the rope and sit on my shoes. Couldn’t move my legs at all without hitting a kid for the whole parade while grandma just says the occasional half assed sorry from behind. I like Magic Kingdom but it seems to attract the worst people. Parade still rocked though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, you basically need to make the ground around you as inaccessible as possible to prevent that. My wife and I took to just straight up sitting on the ground right up to the line then standing when the parade actually starts. It also helps that she does a good death glare.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Edit: stroller-proof too

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Yeah I feel bad because they’re kids but the madness needs to stop somewhere. They also need to ban older kids from being used to push double wide strollers with younger siblings and require scooter users to demonstrate basic competency because boy that got dumb towards the end of the evening. Excited for Galactic Nights tomorrow!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
On the one hand I feel you but on the other hand they are 3-5 year old kids who would not have been able to see the parade if they hadn’t done that and isn’t Disney World kinda built for them?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Dren posted:

On the one hand I feel you but on the other hand they are 3-5 year old kids who would not have been able to see the parade if they hadn’t done that and isn’t Disney World kinda built for them?

Oh you’re totally right, we even squished in as a family to let some folks in before this. But kids literally crawling around my legs and on my shoes is just a little much, if I moved my legs at any point during the parade I would have hit a kid which is not a fun feeling.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's the itty bitty kitty committee...

Two Sumatran tiger cubs were born a few months ago at Disney World. They went into their habitat for the first time this week and I was there to take pictures:

More on my Flickr and a video from Disney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjEU_H0dCKc

Just know if you are going to go see them soon that they are currently only out in the mornings. They go in around noon so they don't get over stimulated.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

santanotreal posted:

Ugh I didn’t see that they extended Splash Mountain refurbishment into February. It originally was through November, then changed to January. My wife and I go on our honeymoon early/mid February and it’s by far her favorite ride. She’s gonna be so sad if it’s closed when we’re there.

It's actually open right now. It did open in November, but it will go down a second time in January for it's traditional winter refurb. (Most water rides will go down in January since it's chillier here)

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It's actually open right now. It did open in November, but it will go down a second time in January for it's traditional winter refurb. (Most water rides will go down in January since it's chillier here)

Ah that makes sense. Thank you!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I assume same reason for Liberty Square riverboat going down for refurb with undetermined return? Glad to see Splash will be back online for my trip.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Anya posted:

I assume same reason for Liberty Square riverboat going down for refurb with undetermined return? Glad to see Splash will be back online for my trip.

This is going to be my first Jan trip, and I'm super bummed at the refurbs.... the crowds had better make it worth it

e: Hey Disney, I super appreciate you extending MK operations by ~5 hours a few days I'm there, but now I have to rearrange all my plans, and it fucks my reservations and fastpasses.

WHY! Why make this huge change a month ahead of time? Were you not aware of it >60 days before?

Fejsze fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 18, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because it’s going to be busier than you thought it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hall of Presidents opens tomorrow. Heard the new Trump animatronic is same tech as the na vi

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It will 100% be vandalized, possibly by cast.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

It will 100% be vandalized, possibly by cast.

I look forward to updates on this.

darkspider42 posted:

:lol: oh my god

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2juyBnqL4&feature=youtu.be&a=

Video

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Empress Brosephine posted:

Because it’s going to be busier than you thought it

no, don't you dare put that evil on me...

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

That... that looks horrific

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I don't think I can bring myself to watch the videos.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s not too bad tbh. No MAGA poo poo.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Seriously considering going into town hall and telling them that I'm deliberately avoiding the hall of presidents and not just forgetting it entirely like usual.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

I don't think I can bring myself to watch the videos.

It's tasteful, at least. Relatively speaking.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

nimper posted:

It's tasteful, at least. Relatively speaking.

"Someone took a poo poo in my bowl of oatmeal."
"Well, you can just eat around it."

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I hope someone dropkicks that animatronic fucker's head

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Hahahah this fuckin owns.

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/942904236270120961

TRUMP

EDIT: throwing myself on the spikes to own the libs

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

I hope someone dropkicks that animatronic fucker's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Hara-kiri on the spiked after throwing a well placed objet d’art through the animatronic.