Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Keep in mind a teaser doesn't imply confirmation. The SC teaser at the end of season 1 happened a full year before it was officially confirmed to be happening, and didn't get the "To be continued" until DVD releases.

I will say the part 4 protag is probably second only to young Joseph in a lot of ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know poo poo about anime's expected return of investment, but I'd wager part 3 did well enough that part 4 should be a theoretical lock, right?

I kinda wanna watch Jojo stuff I wasn't spoiled on or future-spoiled on, please.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there have been solid rumors at the least. apparently some david people went on a 'vacation' to a place that more or less inspired the location of arc 4, if i remember. something like that, at least.

Inaba?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dias posted:

I don't know poo poo about anime's expected return of investment, but I'd wager part 3 did well enough that part 4 should be a theoretical lock, right?

With all the care and detail they put into JoJo I don't think they care much if it turns into a megahit. The narrative seems to be that they did Season 1 out of pocket on a shoestring budget to get a good reputation, got a deal to do some easy cashgrab otakubait like Neptunia so they could fund Stardust Crusaders, and if that sells well they can keep going with the next few JoJos, but if not they have alternatives. Hopefully there's a shorter wait for Part 4 than for Part 3 but it seems to be about as well liked as 3 so I can't imagine they'll just stop now. Once it gets to 5 and 6, that's when it might get dicey.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

People keep saying they did Neptune to fund Stardust, but it doesn't work like that. David doesn't use their series' profit to make poo poo, the money is given to them upfront from the distributor. Really, the distributor gets most of the profits.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

With all the care and detail they put into JoJo I don't think they care much if it turns into a megahit. The narrative seems to be that they did Season 1 out of pocket on a shoestring budget to get a good reputation, got a deal to do some easy cashgrab otakubait like Neptunia so they could fund Stardust Crusaders, and if that sells well they can keep going with the next few JoJos, but if not they have alternatives. Hopefully there's a shorter wait for Part 4 than for Part 3 but it seems to be about as well liked as 3 so I can't imagine they'll just stop now. Once it gets to 5 and 6, that's when it might get dicey.

5 is very popular in Japan, actually. I'm less sure about parts after that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
If Part 4 is confirmed, Part 5 is a given. Parts 3, 4, and 5 are peak Jojo as far as Japan's concerned, with Parts 3 and 5 being the most popular by a long shot.

Parts 6 and 7 are where you need to start worrying.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people at david have expressed interest in animating parts 4 and 5, at the least. i'm sure they'd love to animate EVERY part, but we know they're looking forward to those if nothing else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It'd be dumb of them not to do Part VI after 4 and 5.

Especially since the protagonists of the first six parts are in the opening of the first JJBA opening.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 8 is consistently selling well too.

Part 4 is best JoJo everything. It will also have the best anime.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i hope part 4 gets animated so i can watch it with the glorious DUWANG subs

hell i will do the subs myself if no one else does

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

part 4 is gonna be fun if it gets made

im sad that part 3 is over tomorrow even if it was like nearly 50 eps. such a fun season

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the final Friday, everyone.

:smith:

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Aurain posted:

It's the final Friday, everyone.

:smith:

It probably isn't. Don't mourn, celebrate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The final one of 2015.
Diamond is Unbreakable will happen, but not soon enough.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today is the big day.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If they keep going i hope they stop after Part 6. Part 7 is too well drawn for DP to animate. There is no way they could do it justice without an obscene budget and that's never going to happen. I've heard that Japan wasn't that into Part 7 (because they have bad taste) so concluding the Joestar storyline with Part 6 makes sense.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Nothing is impossible for David Productions. You just have to believe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

By the time they'd get to Part 7, CGI technology will be so much better that even cheap CGI would look better than the vast majority of efforts we see today that aren't Pixar style moves. At the pace they've been going, it's only a decade or so away, after all.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CJ posted:

I've heard that Japan wasn't that into Part 7

you know, at this point i feel like Japanese Opinions On Various JoJo Arcs is slowly becoming the "My Dad who works for Nintendo said..." of the western jojo fanbase :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 19, 2015

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Race Realists posted:

you know, at this point i feel like Japanese Opinions On Various JoJo Arcs is slowly becoming the "My Dad who works for Nintendo said..." of the western jojo fanbase :v:

*uncle. Nobody's dad works at Nintendo, moron. You have to have siblings with children to work there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My cat worked at Nintendo and he said Star Platinum is a nice stand to work with and that Part 7 is really good.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
crossposted from manga thread

Race Realists posted:

youtube stream anyone?

let me know if this isn't allowed here and the anime thread. i'll gladly remove it from the post

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

an 'unpopular' jojo's arc is still pretty goddamn popular compared to other series. hope that helps

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If they do Part 4 they are doing the rest of the series. There is no ifs about it, they're that dedicated to it and they are not just going to stop after Part 5 is done when it would make them a lot of money and be a project they want to do. Ffs if they didn't care about the later parts, they wouldn't have animated the first opening so several of the series' protagonists would start it up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JoJos is going to r on TV for another decade and it's going to be so sick

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The fact that they are doing scouting in Sendai should have told everyone that Part 4 is happening, I dunno why this is still being debated on.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The episode was loving great, goddamn.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
It was pretty great to experience JoJo's for the first time through the anime but OH MY GOD I won't have the willpower to resist reading the manga before Part 4 gets animated

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What a great way to kick off a Father's Day weekend.

Bravo

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
It's over... :smith:

and they didn't use Last Train Home; the one time it would have been amazing. :argh:

And Joseph is still alive! I told all y'all fools!

And there wasn't a teaser, which makes me a bit apprehensive; I know about the other big hint, but the fact that they haven't shown anything makes me a bit afraid that they might end it here.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

David adapting further arcs would be interesting to see just from a design perspective. It's easy to forget how relatively tame JoJo is with the crazy garish costumes at first compared to what comes later. Among the main characters they have to draw all the time, only Jotaro is particularly outlandish and he's the main dude, so of course they're going to put extra effort to keeping him on model. Compare with even a passing glance at later parts, and ya see crazy buckles and chains and poo poo all over the place.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 19, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

That was great! Last episode had some animation jank but this episode was perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is me from the second he dies for the rest of my life.

If it wasn't clear all along, Last Train Home heavily foreshadowed all of the deaths in the series. Joseph is only holding three train tickets all along, for example.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Its a shame Joseph only had three tickets for the last train home.

E: well, beaten like Dio

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
citizen kane clapping dot gif

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
And the story that began all the way in Part 1, told over 100 years has reached its conclusion. Something of note I don't think the anime ever covers, when stands were first introduced they were introduced as the 'Ghostly Ripple' always found that a neat concept... gently caress I'm going to miss having this to watch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a good thing my flight got delayed otherwise I wouldn't have been able to end Part 3 by watching it on a plane.

Holy poo poo that last episode was loving fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Onmi posted:

And the story that began all the way in Part 1, told over 100 years has reached its conclusion. Something of note I don't think the anime ever covers, when stands were first introduced they were introduced as the 'Ghostly Ripple' always found that a neat concept... gently caress I'm going to miss having this to watch.

Nah, it does, even though it's never brought up again.

• Locked thread