Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Pretty much the same product is available on eBay too. I've got a ton of them in a big three ring binder.

I think these: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Miniatures-Upgrade-and-Mini-Card-16-Pocket-Display-Pages-x-15-/291644100651?nav=SEARCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
So wait under the "higher lethality rules" you have to roll another die to see if your shields "worked" unless you burn an action that makes them work??? Darth Vader instantly destroys any small fighter??? Just call a spade a spade, "X-Wing TIE Fighter Miniatures Game: gently caress the Rebels Edition"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I've not been able to find anything appropriate on UK ebay or amazon :( e: UK ebay apparently links through to US ebay; $13.70 postage before customs charges.

No thanks.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 12, 2016

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

So wait under the "higher lethality rules" you have to roll another die to see if your shields "worked" unless you burn an action that makes them work??? Darth Vader instantly destroys any small fighter??? Just call a spade a spade, "X-Wing TIE Fighter Miniatures Game: gently caress the Rebels Edition"

That's a pretty good idea!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ZenMastaT posted:

Pretty much the same product is available on eBay too. I've got a ton of them in a big three ring binder.

I think these: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Miniatures-Upgrade-and-Mini-Card-16-Pocket-Display-Pages-x-15-/291644100651?nav=SEARCH

These are incredibly expensive. The ultra pro ones are 24 bucks for 100.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Madurai posted:

That's a pretty good idea!

Fascist.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

now i want to paint 'this machine kills facists" on the side of either YT freighter.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Deviant posted:

now i want to paint 'this machine kills facists" on the side of either YT freighter.

This, except I'll just messily photoshop it onto the terrible card art for Gold Squadron Pilot

Better yet, I will make it my alt-art for Gold Squadron Pilot, just a bumper sticker with the slogan as the artwork, maybe R3-A2's head in there somewhere

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/12/tricks-traps-and-tractor-beams/

Fukkin finally. Analysis later.

E: Electronic Baffle: system, 1 point, when you get a stress or ion token take a damage to discard it. COuld be very nice for regen e-wings...

Zuckuss and 4-LOM pilots we knews, but:

4-LOM crew: take an ion token to stop an enemy spending a focus or evade in defence
Zuckuss crew: take any number of stress tokens to force an enemy to reroll that many defence dice. P good.

Adaptability: 0-cost EPT, increase PS by 1!!! Or decrease it by 1??? It'sd a Dual Card whatever that means - it's not clear whether that just means it's double sided, or whether it means it's one you have to take two of and take +1 on one and -1 on the other. Really not clear yet.

Also, most critically, Tractor Beams reference: not only do they reduce agility, but if you hit small ships with them you force them to do a 1-straight BR or boost of your choice which can overlap obstacles :tviv:

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 12, 2016

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

thespaceinvader posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/12/tricks-traps-and-tractor-beams/
Adaptability: 0-cost EPT, increase PS by 1!!! Or decrease it by 1??? It'sd a Dual Card whatever that means - it's not clear whether that just means it's double sided, or whether it means it's one you have to take two of and take +1 on one and -1 on the other. Really not clear yet.

I'm guessing you have to put it on two ships, but then you can effectively transfer 1 PS from Pilot A to Pilot B.

e: oh poo poo Tractor Beam rules are more fully explained. If you land a Tractor Beam hit on a small base ship, you can boost or barrel roll it in any direction you choose. Like onto asteroids or into friendly firing arcs :getin:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I played my first FLGS X-Wing game last night. First game: tactician K-Wings with TLT (one was Miranda with 3P0) and a stressbot TLT Y-Wing. Fuuuuck. They were like the fun police.

I also managed to drive into a bunch of asteroids.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The inclusion of only one pair of the dual EPT's per box is super lame.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Ahahaha I'm gonna troll the gently caress out of people with tractor beams, holy poo poo.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Is it legal to tractor beam your own stuff, and is there any reason you'd want to?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Tractor beams are going to be everywhere soon.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

At a glance I read into "Dual Card" classification as just clarification that there are two different versions of the card that have the same name but opposite effects.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Deviant posted:

Is it legal to tractor beam your own stuff, and is there any reason you'd want to?

You cannot shoot at your own ships.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Deviant posted:

Free barrel roll?

Tractor beams seem pretty loving handy

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

overdesigned posted:

I'm guessing you have to put it on two ships, but then you can effectively transfer 1 PS from Pilot A to Pilot B.

e: oh poo poo Tractor Beam rules are more fully explained. If you land a Tractor Beam hit on a small base ship, you can boost or barrel roll it in any direction you choose. Like onto asteroids or into friendly firing arcs :getin:

I dunno, what happens if you only have 1 EPT slot in the list?

Also, the card is double sided, someone pointed out that the art shown on the +1 side is different from that shown in the card fan, and there's no mechanic for flipping it. My assumption is that you take the upgrade in list building and decide on a per-game basis which way up it is depending on what you're facing. Though I can't think it will be common to want to reduce your PS for a whole game. So maybe it will flip on a per-turn basis, that could be interesting.

Also, not just asteroids or arcs... BOMBS. Bombs just got a potentially massive stealth buff.

Chill la Chill posted:

The inclusion of only one pair of the dual EPT's per box is super lame.

I get the impression this will be the new Autothrusters in terms of people buying it just for two cards.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
YV with bossk gunner zuckuss, yes.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Those crew and tractor beams are insane.

XWing is gonna be crazy after Ghost and Mist Hunter release.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

thespaceinvader posted:

Also, the card is double sided, someone pointed out that the art shown on the +1 side is different from that shown in the card fan, and there's no mechanic for flipping it. My assumption is that you take the upgrade in list building and decide on a per-game basis which way up it is depending on what you're facing. Though I can't think it will be common to want to reduce your PS for a whole game. So maybe it will flip on a per-turn basis, that could be interesting.

Reducing your pilot skill to be able shoot after your pilot with a tractor beam might be a thing, maybe.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Holy poo poo tractor beams. I'm even more excited now about that TIE/D title, fuuuuuuuuuck.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm guessing (hoping) it's double sided and there'll be new rules for flipping the card during the game. It's some nice new design space to explore.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Poopy Palpy posted:

Reducing your pilot skill to be able shoot after your pilot with a tractor beam might be a thing, maybe.

Well yeah, there is that.

I'm now desperately hoping for a PS7 Defender with a pilot ability to match Vessery's, so that I can run my Defender/Redline/Bomber shuttle list with Crack Shot on the Defender. Because that forced movement just made the whole thing SO much better. And it was P good before.

E: and is it just me or did Imps get SUUUUUPER hosed in this wave? I mean, the TAP is nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to either Ghost or the Mist Hunter/Punishing One.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

thespaceinvader posted:

Well yeah, there is that.

I'm now desperately hoping for a PS7 Defender with a pilot ability to match Vessery's, so that I can run my Defender/Redline/Bomber shuttle list with Crack Shot on the Defender. Because that forced movement just made the whole thing SO much better. And it was P good before.

E: and is it just me or did Imps get SUUUUUPER hosed in this wave? I mean, the TAP is nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to either Ghost or the Mist Hunter/Punishing One.

They've got Imp Vets coming at almost the same time, so it's hard to be TOO unhappy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Poopy Palpy posted:

Depending on when the card is active, if you lose/win initiative it could be interesting. You could want to block with a same-PS ship against some lists, like say vs 4BZ.

thespaceinvader posted:

this will be the new Autothrusters in terms of people buying it just for two cards.
It will be. I'm not convinced this means it's double sided as people are assuming. FFG has done this one copy per mini thing before.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Wouldn't you want the beam on a high PS dude though because it goes away at the end phase? But it uses your attack instead.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I hope the space garbage truck becomes usable after this wave since everyone needs to see the SLAM SECTOR

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
No way, TAP owns. Great dial, great ps9 ace (give him proton rockets and PTL and he's a better, cheaper Jake), and able to missile swarm with cheap generics.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

Depending on when the card is active, if you lose/win initiative it could be interesting. You could want to block with a same-PS ship against some lists, like say vs 4BZ.

It will be. I'm not convinced this means it's double sided as people are assuming. FFG has done this one copy per mini thing before.

Nah, it looks like it will be - the two sides have different art, and the card fan has both cards with the other art than on the +1 side. Plus they explicitly said there would be two copies.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
It doesn't say on the card but do you suppose it will be possible to tractor beam people off the map, since you can barrel roll and boost off the map now right?

I'm pretty excited about everything they've previewed so far too, a lot more excited than Wave 7 at least. Really curious what Dual Card ends up meaning too. Also did we already know that Cloaking Devices were unique? I can't remember.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thespaceinvader posted:

Nah, it looks like it will be - the two sides have different art, and the card fan has both cards with the other art than on the +1 side. Plus they explicitly said there would be two copies.

I hope you're right. I see all that but two copies to me just means "two copies of this card called adaptability, which has slightly different versions."

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

I hope you're right. I see all that but two copies to me just means "two copies of this card called adaptability, which has slightly different versions."

That would be an odd definition of the word ;copies' not to mention loving enraging the fanbase. But we'll see. A card that just gives you -1PS for 0 would be pretty bad. -1PS for -1 point on the other hand could be very interesting.

Also

Forced movement just blows the tactical space of this game wide loving open, especially if they keep using it. This is gonna be wild.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

ZenMastaT posted:

It doesn't say on the card but do you suppose it will be possible to tractor beam people off the map, since you can barrel roll and boost off the map now right?

I'm pretty excited about everything they've previewed so far too, a lot more excited than Wave 7 at least. Really curious what Dual Card ends up meaning too. Also did we already know that Cloaking Devices were unique? I can't remember.
I don't think you can barrel roll/boost out of the map anymore as per the latest faq, but I would have to check.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Why would you ever give up an EPT slot solely to give your ship -1 PS and that's it, that would be worse than dumb.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Tekopo posted:

I don't think you can barrel roll/boost out of the map anymore as per the latest faq, but I would have to check.

You can't do actions that would bump ships, collide with obstacles, or leave the map, but Tractor Beam explicitly allows for you to "barrel roll" someone onto, say, an asteroid.

I still don't think they'll allow for you to toss someone off the map, but I could be wrong. The spirit of tractor beam, I think, is that you can use your tech to "drag" the small ship in question around, albeit within reason. Tugboating a TIE into a space rock fits this; flinging an Interceptor out of the game entirely does not, I don't think.

EDIT:^^^^ I guess it depends? Like if the Dual Card thing is a mechanic (0pts for +1PS on one ship, -1PS on another) then I think that could be pretty horrible. If, as I think the consensus seems to be, Dual Card is just "this card has two sides that do different and thematically opposing things" then there's no reason to assume that the point cost would remain the same on the other side of the card. 0pts +1PS on one side, -3pts -1PS on the other? Or if there's a way to flip Dual Cards mid-fight you could have it be like +1PS on one side and -1/-2/-3PS on the other, so the same ship could choose when it wants to move and/or shoot, which would be useful given how Tractor Beam works

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 12, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kai Tave posted:

Why would you ever give up an EPT slot solely to give your ship -1 PS and that's it, that would be worse than dumb.

I am interpreting it as choosing either function of the card but that they exist on two physically distinct copies instead of a dual-sided one. I've seen dumb tricky wording like this before.

And while most PS that might want to reduce its PS are already in the middle where it doesn't matter either way, I can see it being a niche solution for blocking opportunities. However, this would be a more salient point if Y-wings had a natural PS9 w/ EPT.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Looks like it may well be 0 points to lose a PS too which does seem a bit strange, unless you can change it at your whim mid game:

ZenMastaT fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

guts and bolts posted:

You can't do actions that would bump ships, collide with obstacles, or leave the map, but Tractor Beam explicitly allows for you to "barrel roll" someone onto, say, an asteroid.

I still don't think they'll allow for you to toss someone off the map, but I could be wrong. The spirit of tractor beam, I think, is that you can use your tech to "drag" the small ship in question around, albeit within reason. Tugboating a TIE into a space rock fits this; flinging an Interceptor out of the game entirely does not, I don't think.

EDIT:^^^^ I guess it depends? Like if the Dual Card thing is a mechanic (0pts for +1PS on one ship, -1PS on another) then I think that could be pretty horrible. If, as I think the consensus seems to be, Dual Card is just "this card has two sides that do different and thematically opposing things" then there's no reason to assume that the point cost would remain the same on the other side of the card. 0pts +1PS on one side, -3pts -1PS on the other?
Yeah you can't toss someone off the map, I wasn't really arguing about any of the rest:

Q: can a ship decloak or perform a boost or barrel roll that would cause it to go outside the play area (and thus ee the battle eld)?
a: no. a ship cannot decloak or perform a boost or barrel roll if this would cause its base to go outside the play area.

• Locked thread